North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
09G Keeper in need of new teamToday at 01:17 pmBodhiDalton
TOURNAMENT: U90C HILL COUNTRY CLASSIC - AUSTIN - Jan. 24-26Today at 09:43 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C SPRING KICKOFF - Feb 4-7, 2021Today at 09:43 amU90C
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s Today at 09:40 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades 2011G team forming 2020/2021Today at 09:35 amRenegades Soccer Club
Congratulations: Cristiano Ronaldo Win The 18th Golden Foot Today at 01:15 amALEXXXXXXX
Sting 08B - Flower Mound/Highland VillageYesterday at 10:40 pmTitans Bailey
Sting 12b - flower mound/highland villageYesterday at 10:34 pmTitans Bailey
Sting RoyalYesterday at 10:07 pmLongBall
GAMBIT TOURNAMENT: Gambit Winter Cup Dec 11-13Yesterday at 04:48 pmPITSoccer
RPL SPRING 2021 (ACADEMY + 2009 11v11 Divisions) Reg. OPENYesterday at 03:01 pmU90C
Renegades 12G North - Blanton Yesterday at 11:07 amtareyncarol
Renegades 11G North - BlantonYesterday at 10:57 amtareyncarol
Edinson Cavani Will Be Suspend Three Games For His Improper Yesterday at 12:58 amALEXXXXXXX
08G Keeper needing new team 30/11/20, 09:48 pmSoccerway
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams30/11/20, 12:22 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
ECNL-ECRL 0830/11/20, 10:46 amsmugrr
Club America 2011B palomeque OPEN Tryouts30/11/20, 09:27 amnirav_p_assar
TOURNAMENT: U90C ROUND ROCK OPEN - AUSTIN - Dec. 11-1329/11/20, 10:41 amU90C
DKSC 06G Aranha (Plano, TX 75074)28/11/20, 11:09 amDKSCJA
Tournament Guest Play: Nov & Dec26/11/20, 07:35 pmWhoopsie
High School Soccer Girls 2020-2126/11/20, 05:19 pmanothercrazysoccerdad
ECNL 04 Girls - Phoenix Fall Showcase24/11/20, 10:54 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 1124/11/20, 10:42 pmCheckpoint Charlie
DKSC '11G Evans - Farmers Branch, Carrollton, Dallas, Irving24/11/20, 11:48 amCoachRE
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 State Cup predictions Pixel
Statistics
We have 14544 registered users
The newest registered user is jpbiv4

Our users have posted a total of 200604 messages in 29528 subjects

04 State Cup predictions

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Soccapeeps on 29/04/15, 10:22 pm

Predicted winners in red:

LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA- Elite
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA- Redknapp
STING 04 GUTIERREZ

DALLAS TEXANS 04 GIRLS SOUTH
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA-Owens
STING '04 HILTON

D'FEETERS- BLACK
FC DALLAS-PREMIER
TEXAS SPIRIT 04

DALLAS TEXANS- Scott
DALLAS TEXANS - Red
LIVERPOOL FC America- Premier
TEXAS SPIRIT- North

Semi- DT Scott v LP Elite- Elite wins
Semi- Defeeters Black v DT South- DT south wins

Finals- DT South v LP Elite- DT South wins 2-1
Soccapeeps
Soccapeeps
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 97
Points : 3143
Join date : 2012-08-03

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by KnKsDad on 30/04/15, 04:47 pm

I'm sure this answer is on the tourney site, but it probably quicker and easier to ask on here, but how will the tourney be scored? If I recall from last year it was simply 3 pts win/1 pt tie/0 for a loss. And what if say two teams are tied 1-0-1 in a bracket versus maybe a 2nd place team from Bracket D being 2-1-0? Or better yet, what if you have two teams from Bracket D tied at 2-0-1? I know it states bracket winners go to semis, but isn't that potentially unfair to the one bracket with 4 teams? Why didn't they set up cross-bracket play to give everyone 3 games?

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 926
Points : 4191
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Guest on 30/04/15, 05:26 pm

10 pt system.  Here's the link to the State Cup rules.

http://www.ntxsoccer.org/UserFiles/file/2015_StateCup_Rule%20Revised_%20Final_3_22_2015Word.pdf

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by KnKsDad on 30/04/15, 05:57 pm

4. In age divisions where there are uneven number of teams in brackets (i.e. some 3-team brackets; some 4-team brackets), the second place team from any bracket with the highest average of points earned in all preliminary games will advance

There are no wildcards. Based on the above it is conceivable to have a scenario where a 2nd place team in the 4 team Bracket D has a higher average of points than a winner of another bracket. However the tournament playoff bracketing has only bracket winners advancing to semis, which contradicts the second part of the above rule, hence the reason for my original question.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 926
Points : 4191
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by adufresne on 30/04/15, 06:40 pm

TIE-BREAKERS
In age brackets that contain flights with different numbers of games, points for all teams will be determined on a10 point system, totaled for all games played by each team and then divided by the number of games played by each team to obtain an average point total per game per team.
1. If teams are tied in points after the preliminary games are played, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine which team(s) advances.
a. Winner of head-to-head competition. If this was a draw, or if the teams did not play each other, then placement is determined by:
b. Goal differential - subtract total goals allowed from total goals scored (in all bracket round games). Figure the goal differential per game, and then add the goal differentials together for the total. All goals scored will be counted, up to a maximum of 4 goal differential per game. The team with the highest goal differential will advance. Example: A score of 8-4 will be a goal differential of 4; score of 9-1 will be a goal differential of 4 (the max.) If still tied, then:
c. Most goals scored in all preliminary round games. If still tied, then:
d. Fewest goals allowed in all preliminary round games. If still tied, then:
e. FIFA kicks from the penalty mark. Each team will take five alternating kicks. The team with the most goals after the five kicks will advance. If they are still tied, then alternating FIFA kicks will be taken one-on-one until one team outscores the other after each team has taken an equal number of shots. All players on each team, including the goalies, must shoot once before any player can shoot twice.
These tiebreakers will be applied, in order, to the teams tied in points until one team is selected for advancement. In the event of a tie involving age brackets that contain flights with different numbers of scheduled games, the same tie breakers are used with the exception that averaging to determine b, c and d will also be used.

__________________________________________________
"You cant win the Kentucky Derby unless you're on a thoroughbred."

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 247
Points : 2712
Join date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by KnKsDad on 01/05/15, 01:26 pm

Not trying to be difficult and maybe I'm just slow, but this still doesn't explain the tourney site bracketing showing that only Bracket #1's advance to semis. I guess maybe they just showed it that way because it was easier than referencing this lengthy tie-breaker rule on the bracket/schedules page. If they are truly following the rules as referenced above, isn't it possible there could be a scenario where two teams out of Bracket D advance therefore leaving a #1 seed from another bracket out? (Again maybe I'm missing something.) I know what I'm suggesting is not highly likely, but then again there are 2 of the top 6 teams in Bracket D so it wouldn't be farfetched either. Since it not highly likely that our team will get caught up in such a scenario, anyone who does can comment on it after the fact.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 926
Points : 4191
Join date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by soccerchicken on 01/05/15, 01:58 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Not trying to be difficult and maybe I'm just slow, but this still doesn't explain the tourney site bracketing showing that only Bracket #1's advance to semis. I guess maybe they just showed it that way because it was easier than referencing this lengthy tie-breaker rule on the bracket/schedules page. If they are truly following the rules as referenced above, isn't it possible there could be a scenario where two teams out of Bracket D advance therefore leaving a #1 seed from another bracket out? (Again maybe I'm missing something.) I know what I'm suggesting is not highly likely, but then again there are 2 of the top 6 teams in Bracket D so it wouldn't be farfetched either. Since it not highly likely that our team will get caught up in such a scenario, anyone who does can comment on it after the fact.


OMG...You are such a whiner...let the girls play and have fun. It looks to me like they let you in so the kids could play and figured it wouldn't change the bracket outcomes anyway.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2518
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by soccerchicken on 01/05/15, 02:24 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Not trying to be difficult and maybe I'm just slow, but this still doesn't explain the tourney site bracketing showing that only Bracket #1's advance to semis. I guess maybe they just showed it that way because it was easier than referencing this lengthy tie-breaker rule on the bracket/schedules page. If they are truly following the rules as referenced above, isn't it possible there could be a scenario where two teams out of Bracket D advance therefore leaving a #1 seed from another bracket out? (Again maybe I'm missing something.) I know what I'm suggesting is not highly likely, but then again there are 2 of the top 6 teams in Bracket D so it wouldn't be farfetched either. Since it not highly likely that our team will get caught up in such a scenario, anyone who does can comment on it after the fact.


Not trying to be difficult and maybe I'm just slow

Apparently slow like the Feet.
soccerchicken
soccerchicken
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2518
Join date : 2014-07-09

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Peak_Performance_Dad on 01/05/15, 02:56 pm

KnKsDad wrote:Not trying to be difficult and maybe I'm just slow, but this still doesn't explain the tourney site bracketing showing that only Bracket #1's advance to semis. I guess maybe they just showed it that way because it was easier than referencing this lengthy tie-breaker rule on the bracket/schedules page. If they are truly following the rules as referenced above, isn't it possible there could be a scenario where two teams out of Bracket D advance therefore leaving a #1 seed from another bracket out? (Again maybe I'm missing something.) I know what I'm suggesting is not highly likely, but then again there are 2 of the top 6 teams in Bracket D so it wouldn't be farfetched either. Since it not highly likely that our team will get caught up in such a scenario, anyone who does can comment on it after the fact.

Here is another scenario . . . encourage the girls on your team to show up, have fun, play their best, and win all of their bracket-play matches.  I am pretty sure they will advance in this scenario  Very Happy Rolling Eyes
Peak_Performance_Dad
Peak_Performance_Dad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 139
Points : 3075
Join date : 2012-11-20

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 01/05/15, 06:26 pm

Bracket D seems fair to me. You won't get better unless you play the top teams. And usually the parents effect how the girls end up playing. So be positive and encourage them to play and win.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 3475
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy on 01/05/15, 11:33 pm

Like i have told both my dd, treat it as any other LH game and you will be fine.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 2981
Join date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by PurplePonyPower on 02/05/15, 08:00 pm

What happened between DTS and Sting Hilton today?  Heard there were some injuries hope the kids are ok.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 2576
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by go99 on 03/05/15, 10:01 am

Ummm I am starting to think I was oversold on Sting G by
Used2bkix

"Go...honestly brother and from a horses mouth, they came with it!! I don't know who was there from where cause I've too many Stingers in these 4 years to even identify. But they looked good and executed with skill and no luck. And honestly they looked better vs is than yall did vs us in that tournament. Not saying that as a slight just an observation. That's how good they looked."

They were scrappy and fought hard the entire game with no quit. And the coach was very animated (has some work to get to the Kat level)
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6832
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Guest on 03/05/15, 08:04 pm

Ya know it's a shame when one loser tarnishes the name of a other wise respectable team. This is directed to the Liverpool Premier fan, dad probably who stood off behind the Texans Scott keeper and harassed her and the defenders in the first half of that respective game. I hope you read this forum or maybe another parent does and knows who you are. The keeper is my daughter and I'd like to know who you are. We will be playing Premier again in a week or two and I'd like to have a few words with you about your field etiquette...if you catch my drift.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Guest on 03/05/15, 08:27 pm

Oversold? Com on Go...
Is it possible that yall may have improved since that said tournament.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by go99 on 03/05/15, 08:33 pm

I'm sure we have but not by that much. Sting g has some players and the coaches intensity is certainly rubbing off on the team because they were a scrappy bunch that fought hard until the last whistle. I do think they are a good example why D1 needs to be 20 teams the first year. We might have all been denied a sting g this season. I hope they finish top 10
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6832
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Sweet_feet99 on 03/05/15, 08:34 pm

Used2bKix wrote:Oversold? Com on Go...
Is it possible that yall may have improved since that said tournament.

Question
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 385
Points : 3475
Join date : 2012-07-14

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by go99 on 03/05/15, 08:35 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Ya know it's a shame when one loser tarnishes the name of a other wise respectable team. This is directed to the Liverpool Premier fan, dad probably who stood off behind the Texans Scott keeper and harassed her and the defenders in the first half of that respective game. I hope you read this forum or maybe another parent does and knows who you are. The keeper is my daughter and I'd like to know who you are. We will be playing Premier again in a week or two and I'd like to have a few words with you about your field etiquette...if you catch my drift.
Somebody please tell me this is not true.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6832
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by PurplePonyPower on 03/05/15, 08:43 pm

Used2bKix wrote:Oversold? Com on Go...
Is it possible that yall may have improved since that said tournament.
What's going on over at dts I saw some kids walking out halfway through a game on Saturday

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 2576
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by PurplePonyPower on 03/05/15, 08:43 pm

Question

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 196
Points : 2576
Join date : 2014-06-08

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Big Ern on 03/05/15, 09:59 pm

go99 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Ya know it's a shame when one loser tarnishes the name of a other wise respectable team. This is directed to the Liverpool Premier fan, dad probably who stood off behind the Texans Scott keeper and harassed her and the defenders in the first half of that respective game. I hope you read this forum or maybe another parent does and knows who you are. The keeper is my daughter and I'd like to know who you are. We will be playing Premier again in a week or two and I'd like to have a few words with you about your field etiquette...if you catch my drift.
Somebody please tell me this is not true.

Go --

Since you know every one of us, you know this is not true. None of us would even dream of harassing a ten year old kid in any way, shape or form.

This claim likely came due to a talented little girl having a bit of an off game by her standards. Or maybe somebody behind the goal? Unfortunate ...

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1182
Points : 3512
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Guest on 03/05/15, 10:44 pm

BigErn wrote:
go99 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Ya know it's a shame when one loser tarnishes the name of a other wise respectable team. This is directed to the Liverpool Premier fan, dad probably who stood off behind the Texans Scott keeper and harassed her and the defenders in the first half of that respective game. I hope you read this forum or maybe another parent does and knows who you are. The keeper is my daughter and I'd like to know who you are. We will be playing Premier again in a week or two and I'd like to have a few words with you about your field etiquette...if you catch my drift.
Somebody please tell me this is not true.

Go --  

Since you know every one of us, you know this is not true.  None of us would even dream of harassing a ten year old kid in any way, shape or form.  

This claim likely came due to a talented little girl having a bit of an off game by her standards.  Or maybe somebody behind the goal?  Unfortunate ...  
Nice red herring statement there big ern. Let's distract them with the "Thats just sour grapes" reply. Sorry, didn't say anything about the game itself friend. Texans got outplayed by a better team today, so not quite sure where you're trying to go with that statement. No, it likely came from the fact that a dad was back there doing exactly what was said.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Big Ern on 03/05/15, 10:59 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
BigErn wrote:
go99 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Ya know it's a shame when one loser tarnishes the name of a other wise respectable team. This is directed to the Liverpool Premier fan, dad probably who stood off behind the Texans Scott keeper and harassed her and the defenders in the first half of that respective game. I hope you read this forum or maybe another parent does and knows who you are. The keeper is my daughter and I'd like to know who you are. We will be playing Premier again in a week or two and I'd like to have a few words with you about your field etiquette...if you catch my drift.
Somebody please tell me this is not true.

Go --  

Since you know every one of us, you know this is not true.  None of us would even dream of harassing a ten year old kid in any way, shape or form.  

This claim likely came due to a talented little girl having a bit of an off game by her standards.  Or maybe somebody behind the goal?  Unfortunate ...  
Nice red herring statement there big ern. Let's distract them with the "Thats just sour grapes" reply. Sorry, didn't say anything about the game itself friend. Texans got outplayed by a better team today, so not quite sure where you're trying to go with that statement. No, it likely came from the fact that a dad was back there doing exactly what was said.

Right.

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused with my reply to Go. I thought I might have had a better vantage point to witness any harassment of your daughter given that I was right next to her during the first half while you were on the other side of the field. On behalf of our team and parents, I'd be happy to meet with you to discuss etiquette prior to our next match.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1182
Points : 3512
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by 2girls on 04/05/15, 12:23 am

I'm with cleansheets! And this goes to all you etiquette idiots out there .... Try standing on the side opposite where your DD team benches! Not on the end of the sideline of the opposing team so you can get a better vantage point should your team score a goal in a particular half . If it happens at the opposite end of where you sit .... Deal with it. 98% of the rest of us do! And don't come on our end of the sideline or any other for that matter wearing a stupid gopro camera either . And if I EVER saw you harassing our 11 year goalie or 11 year old defenders or cleansheets daughter for that matter I would invite your pathetic self to pick on someone your own size .... Like an adult for instance . Unbelievable .... And pitiful

2girls
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 50
Points : 2499
Join date : 2014-04-26

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by go99 on 04/05/15, 06:40 am

No no no. Please tell me you were not at the end line next to the keeper? Many refs will not even allow spectators behind the goal. It is nice to sit on your own side but if you need a better vantage point venture to the other side but remain a quiet visitor. Most teams are quite friendly. But never go behind the end lines or behind the goal. Hopefully that is not true. If it was then I can't believe the ref didn't tell you to move.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2884
Points : 6832
Join date : 2010-03-02
Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

04 State Cup predictions Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum