North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 State Cup predictions - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

04 State Cup predictions

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

04 State Cup predictions - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 State Cup predictions

Post by SickofStupidity 15/05/15, 07:52 am

BigErn wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:Yeah...he did.

Really Cleansheets ... modus operandi?  You sure are clever.

This accusation was made a couple weeks ago based on hearsay from a 5th grader.  We all know we hear things like this from our girls, especially after a loss or a controversial game.  In this case, none of the Premier parents were behind either goal, nor were any of us on your half of the field, nor did we have anybody harassing your daughter.  

BTW Go99 ... Thanks for bringing this back into the conversation.

So basically, Ernie was saying "she is in 5th grade so she was either lying, made it up, or misunderstood the parent's encouragement as heckling."

And if not, well "our girls hear this all the time so what's the big deal?  Suck it up!"

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 08:10 am

BigErn wrote:

This accusation was made a couple weeks ago based on hearsay from a 5th grader.  We all know we hear things like this from our girls, especially after a loss or a controversial game.  In this case, none of the Premier parents were behind either goal, nor were any of us on your half of the field, nor did we have anybody harassing your daughter.  

My bad BigE, I'm sorry. I must be wrong since you say I am!?! Ya know what I think it is...my daughter must be lying as well as several of her defenders. Since you say so, they didn't HEAR and SEE this person. Pesky 5th graders and their imaginations. I think they are behind this conspiracy. Yeah... and they might also be behind the Roswell coverup, JFK assassination, The Illuminati and the moon landing! Yeah... I think you're right. BTW tell K.R. I said hello.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 08:23 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

So basically, Ernie was saying "she is in 5th grade so she was either lying, made it up, or misunderstood the parent's encouragement as heckling."

And if not, well "our girls hear this all the time so what's the big deal?  Suck it up!"
It is unfortunate that this should ever happen at all. A grown man has no business addressing 11 year old girls in that manner, in that situation. People should know better. That's the "big deal"!

If "you're girls hear that all the time", then maybe you should grow a pair and do something to stop it. Otherwise take your own advice.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/15, 08:26 am

SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

+

I am with SOS here. If thats the worst they say about your team I wouldn't worry about it too much. Out of all of the horrible things people like to say about lets say DTS you can also add state cup finalist.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 08:36 am

go99 wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

+

I am with SOS here.  If thats the worst they say about your team I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Out of all of the horrible things people like to say about lets say DTS you can also add state cup finalist.
I don't give a rats fat azz about what someone says about our team. My concern is about my daughter and what is said to HER directly. Hey, but if that kind of stuff is ok with you then so be it Mr. Parent of The Year.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/15, 08:39 am

Cleansheets wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

It is unfortunate that this should ever happen at all. A grown man has no business addressing 11 year old girls in that manner, in that situation. People should know better. That's the "big deal"!

If "you're girls hear that all the time", then maybe you should grow a pair and do something to stop it. Otherwise take your own advice.

Actually yes you hear all sorts of things yelled from the sideline (don't know about the endline) And my dd wears her big girls pants so she knows fans talk and players play. The only real advice is if the keeper is being distracted by someone behind the goal she needs to notify one of the game officials and then focus and continue to play. not notify daddy AFTER the game. Parents cannot help you on the field you must help yourself. IF it took place and IF it was recognized by the official (or pointed out by the girls) the ref would have made the person move
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/15, 08:47 am

Cleansheets wrote:
go99 wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

+

I am with SOS here.  If thats the worst they say about your team I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Out of all of the horrible things people like to say about lets say DTS you can also add state cup finalist.
I don't give a rats fat azz about what someone says about our team. My concern is about my daughter and what is said to HER directly. Hey, but if that kind of stuff is ok with you then so be it Mr. Parent of The Year.

Actually the about someones team was for premier as in don't worry so much about this because if this is the worst they can say about your team then you are looking pretty good.

That being said do I get a trophy or something for "parent of the year"? Maybe a cool one like the state cup. Oh wait! you haven't seen that one (now that was petty). But on a semi serious note. I am okay with the fact that my DD knows she can't live her life by what people say too and about her. And she also doesn't need me to run and try to fight all her battles for her
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 08:56 am

Ok...first of all the ref and their coach was notified during the game but at halftime. The person was gone by then.
Secondly, I do need to fight my daughters battles for her when they involve a grown man who should know better.
Of course you don't need to fight your daughters battles for her because she's bigger than you...no, now that was petty.

Back to top Go down

Post by jsullivan81 15/05/15, 08:59 am

Cleansheets wrote:
Of course you don't need to fight your daughters battles for her because she's bigger than you...no, now that was petty.

Well played sir.....

jsullivan81
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/15, 09:11 am

LMAO NICE!!! No she is tiny. We have her 15yr old brother fight for her he is bigger than us both.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 09:16 am

"Bigger than you..." Ohhhhhhhh!!! That's low...no pun intended!! (What does no pun intended mean?)

Yeah, I agree Sheets...parents whining about girls cussing on the field but can make sense of adult/child interactions?!? Sorry but not sorry, mess with mine and I'll justify the "SouthSide" behavior...I was like that before I got to Texas...

3 things u don't ever do 
Mess with a man, his family, or his mama, you do that you want drama!!

I live by a different creed...
I rather my wife and kids know daddy gonna protect them faster than he can notify the authorities...
I don't condone violence....unless Im the administrator...

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 15/05/15, 09:37 am

If it happened then it shouldn't have but from your description it sounds like it was delt with since he was gone after the half.

My dd often plays out wide and if I got shaken and went all southside by all of the things said too and about her over the season during games I am not sure how many games we would have finished. As long as they stay off the field and don't touch my kid she is strong enough to handle herself. You just have to learn to let the SMALL things GO otherwise you just come up SHORT in the end.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 09:48 am

Stay classy Liverpool!

Keep rising above the fray. :-/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/05/15, 10:04 am

go99 wrote:If it happened then it shouldn't have but from your description it sounds like it was delt with since he was gone after the half.

My dd often plays out wide and if I got shaken and went all southside by all of the things said too ("to") and about her over the season during games I am not sure how many games we would have finished.  As long as they stay off the field and don't touch my kid she is strong enough to handle herself. You just have to learn to let the SMALL things GO otherwise you just come up SHORT in the end.

My daughter plays wide also...I'm glad she never told me any parents said anything to her...there's always a discrete way to get to the parking lot.
Let me rephrase that...I'm glad no parent ever said anything to her...because she would have told me if they did...
Most I've heard is "faster such and such, shes not faster than you!! stronger such and such shes not stronger than you!!" "dont let her push you arounddd!!"
I just say calmly... "There you go babe..."

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 15/05/15, 10:41 am

go99 wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
SickofSilliness wrote:
BigErn wrote:

Actually yes you hear all sorts of things yelled from the sideline (don't know about the endline) And my dd wears her big girls pants so she knows fans talk and players play.  The only real advice is if the keeper is being distracted by someone behind the goal she needs to notify one of the game officials and then focus and continue to play. not notify daddy AFTER the game.  Parents cannot help you on the field you must help yourself.  IF it took place and IF it was recognized by the official (or pointed out by the girls) the ref would have made the person move

So it's the 11 year old's fault... Makes sense to me, how could an 11 year old not be mature enough to deal with a grown man, one who's so bent that they feel it's appropriate to heckle little girls.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 15/05/15, 11:24 am

This is stupid - I like the way Go says: "so she knows fans talk and players play."  Fans?  Is this pro soccer?  WTF?  11 year olds have parents, not fans...  there in lies the entire problem...
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 15/05/15, 11:46 am

Really quite simple. Under no circumstance should a parent ever talk to any of the opposing teams players. Most of the kids would be much better off if their own parents didn't talk to them either, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

The fact that some on here make it sound like parents talking to opposing players is common place amazes me. Maybe I don't listen enough at games.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 15/05/15, 11:54 am

Solution: ban parents from games.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 15/05/15, 12:03 pm

PurplePonyPower wrote:Solution: ban parents from games.

If our kids could only be so lucky.

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 15/05/15, 12:08 pm

It's why a lot of the girls like indoor, they say they can't hear the parents through the glass.

But honestly, they way to stop it is within your own team first. Hard to complain about others when your group is sideline coaching, joystick parenting, etc. Simply let your girls play the game. They aren't listening to you anyway so you're just adding noise and confusing the situation.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DT03GWhiteNPL 15/05/15, 02:42 pm

ElClassico wrote:It's why a lot of the girls like indoor, they say they can't hear the parents through the glass.

But honestly, they way to stop it is within your own team first. Hard to complain about others when your group is sideline coaching, joystick parenting, etc. Simply let your girls play the game. They aren't listening to you anyway so you're just adding noise and confusing the situation.
That's not true, the kids hear their parents all the time, I've watched kiddos reprimand their parents from the field - and it's awesome!!!  I love to watch a kiddo stick up for themselves on the field when their parent is yelling for them to do this or that and they yell something like, "you're not my coach" or "that's not what the coach told me to do" or "stop yelling at me while I'm playing" - I've heard all three uttered during games before.

However, it is too bad that they have to say anything at all....  pale
DT03GWhiteNPL
DT03GWhiteNPL
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 15/05/15, 03:16 pm

HeadHaunter wrote:
ElClassico wrote:It's why a lot of the girls like indoor, they say they can't hear the parents through the glass.

That's not true, the kids hear their parents all the time, I've watched kiddos reprimand their parents from the field - and it's awesome!!!  I love to watch a kiddo stick up for themselves on the field when their parent is yelling for them to do this or that and they yell something like, "you're not my coach" or "that's not what the coach told me to do" or "stop yelling at me while I'm playing" - I've heard all three uttered during games before.

However, it is too bad that they have to say anything at all....  pale

Oh they hear you...most aren't listening though.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4