North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls) - Page 2 Empty Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by MustangGT 19/05/15, 08:50 pm

Lp Elite and DT South best teams. All of the Texas top 4-5 teams are technical and athletic. The difference between them is that Elite is most disciplined and committed to technical play regardless of opponent. Elite is a scoring machine. DTS can play a similar technically sound game unless well challenged to which they will default to their best in class speed and athleticism.

DTS and Elite have beat all the other top 3-4 teams multiple times over the last 1-2 years.

DTS vs Elite have gone 2 wins and 1 draw favoring Elite with a line of 3-3, 2-1, and 3-1. I hear the last game was played without subs for DTS. This makes since as the athletic edge would falter without any subs allowing Elite's disciplined technical edge to win out.

It's a clean toss up between Texas Spirit, Texans, and Lp Premier with Texas Spirit slightly edging out the other 2 more times than not in tournament play.

Anyhow that's my view on the group.

MustangGT
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls) - Page 2 Empty Re: SuperCopaG predictions (u11 girls)

Post by Beachgirl71 19/05/15, 09:20 pm

Good soccer in Georgia and Florida typically. That Georgia team doesn't have much in GotSoccer but it looks like they play a lot of good teams from the southeast per soccerincollege.com. Anyone seen them play?

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 19/05/15, 09:43 pm

MustangGT wrote:Lp Elite and DT South best teams. All of the Texas top 4-5 teams are technical and athletic. The difference between them is that Elite is most disciplined and committed to technical play regardless of opponent. Elite is a scoring machine. DTS can play a similar technically sound game unless well challenged to which they will default to their best in class speed and athleticism.

DTS and Elite have beat all the other top 3-4 teams multiple times over the last 1-2 years.

DTS vs Elite have gone 2 wins and 1 draw favoring Elite with a line of 3-3, 2-1, and 3-1. I hear the last game was played without subs for DTS. This makes since as the athletic edge would falter without any subs allowing Elite's disciplined technical edge to win out.

It's a clean toss up between Texas Spirit, Texans, and Lp Premier with Texas Spirit slightly edging out the other 2 more times than not in tournament play.

Anyhow that's my view on the group.

This is a crap assessment from a South parent. Elite beats everybody cause they're solid players from top to bottom. Has nothing to do with "technical play". They keep it in your end and grind you down. They're the best team but if you can match up, you can beat them(MAYBE)

South is fast and physical and possess the ball well but not ahead of the other 3.

LP Premier and Elite are basically the same team just not as good individually from top to bottom.

Scott is probably more "possession" than any. They just play very defensive.

Spirit is VERY potent on offense but lacks defensively.

That's my take on the group as unbiased and not in the tourney.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 19/05/15, 09:51 pm

Mustang isn't a south parent though...

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 19/05/15, 09:54 pm

WhySeauxSerious wrote:Mustang isn't a south parent though...

My bad. I still disagree. No disrespect. Just saying.....

Then why the game analysis and scoring recap?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 19/05/15, 11:16 pm

okay this is fun.

LP Elite. There is a reason they are the #1 ranked team. Should be expected to win the tournament. Open practices before the tournament could lead to a lack of focus but not likely. Likes to play a fast aggressive possesion style. adufresne was right lock you in your own end and grind you down is the MO. weakness could be can be drawn into a kickball battle. Bad news is they are capable of winning ugly too.

DTS - I wouldn't call them possesion but one of the most athletic and aggressive teams top to bottom we have seen. Losing some of the more athletic kids could cost them though. They will bring it in this tourney though so expect them to go deep in the tournament.

LP Premier - actually will leave that off. Don't want it to be taken the wrong way

Texans scott- Solid team if not a little defensive. They will be a tough nut to crack but seems to lack offensive punch but also not rock solid in D. Should make it out of bracket but not enough bite to go much further

TXspirit - I don't get this team. The times we played them I just didn't think there was much there. But then they play other teams and show real firepower. If you don't play good team defense there forward can make you pay but overall I don't think the team soccer is good enough.

1 Elite
2 DTS ( could change depending on player loss)
3 Premier Play every game like they play elite and they will pass dts
4 Scott "solid"sums them up. Will do well
5 Tx spirit Scores planty of goals but gives them up as well

Kingwood - Last time we saw them they really tried to move the ball and play nice soccer. Were a little short on talent and not as used to 11v11. Should be better on both fronts. Will be interesting to see them

TSC. Were a hard charging aggressive team that also tried to play well. They have been putting out some good squads so also will be interesting

With this tournament being during the open period it will be also interesting to see the rosters of the local teams and how much change there will be.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachgirl71 20/05/15, 12:20 pm

Kids would leave a team before this tournament just because it's the open period?

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotShot36 20/05/15, 12:37 pm

I don't think kids will be leaving teams that are playing in this tournament but there might be kids who are interested in switching teams acquiring guest releases to play with teams in this tournament. This could give some teams a different look from when you last saw them.
HotShot36
HotShot36
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachgirl71 20/05/15, 12:54 pm

Good point. Seems though that if most of these teams carry 16 players, unless existing kids leave, adding anyone during the open period would cause issues. Issues as far as chemistry and playing time. Not sure it's a move Id make as a coach unless of course you're also losing kids simelataneously.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 20/05/15, 04:05 pm

Beachgirl71 wrote:LP Elite is best by a goal and maybe toe over every other team in NTX.  Athletic, technical and good size.  Battle tested.  
Texans South is very athletic and tons of speed but not as composed at LP and 2 goals weaker than then every day of the week.
Texans are very good as well, more technical than South but 2-3 goals worse than LP.
Spirit should be able to compete here at about the same level as Texans.  

Bottom line is that it's LP Elite's to lose and I don't know if the Texas teams will be the one to do it IF it has a chance of happening.  LP is the real deal.

Not trying to pick on you, but still waiting for you to substantiate what makes Cleveland FC solid. IMO pretty much every team in this tournament could be characterized as solid, but you singled out two (and I'm familiar with TSC) when you coulda picked any of the others, so would think you have a basis for making that statement. They may be an exceptional team, I don't know, but just wanted more specifics if you have them.

Also, why not include Premier in your little list if you're gonna mention South, Scott and Spirit?

With respect to the other comment about soccer in GA and FL, no doubt good soccer is played there, but as someone else alluded to, a #4 team in GA/#72 in the nation probably won't be able to get it done in this tourney. IMO, any one of the NTX teams in this tourney would be able, with rare exception, to give any other states #1 a tussle if matched up rostered vs rostered.

A few of these out of state teams will likely get drove, unless they're loaded up with guests, which I suspect will end up being the case with a lot of these teams and the subsequent results will then make my comments look foolish.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 20/05/15, 04:43 pm

KnKsDad wrote:
Beachgirl71 wrote:LP Elite is best by a goal and maybe toe over every other team in NTX.  Athletic, technical and good size.  Battle tested.  
Texans South is very athletic and tons of speed but not as composed at LP and 2 goals weaker than then every day of the week.
Texans are very good as well, more technical than South but 2-3 goals worse than LP.
Spirit should be able to compete here at about the same level as Texans.  

Bottom line is that it's LP Elite's to lose and I don't know if the Texas teams will be the one to do it IF it has a chance of happening.  LP is the real deal.

Not trying to pick on you, but still waiting for you to substantiate what makes Cleveland FC solid. IMO pretty much every team in this tournament could be characterized as solid, but you singled out two (and I'm familiar with TSC) when you coulda picked any of the others, so would think you have a basis for making that statement. They may be an exceptional team, I don't know, but just wanted more specifics if you have them.

Also, why not include Premier in your little list if you're gonna mention South, Scott and Spirit?

With respect to the other comment about soccer in GA and FL, no doubt good soccer is played there, but as someone else alluded to, a #4 team in GA/#72 in the nation probably won't be able to get it done in this tourney. IMO, any one of the NTX teams in this tourney would be able, with rare exception, to give any other states #1 a tussle if matched up rostered vs rostered.

A few of these out of state teams will likely get drove, unless they're loaded up with guests, which I suspect will end up being the case with a lot of these teams and the subsequent results will then make my comments look foolish.

Probably referring to this

http://youthsoccerrankings.us

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 20/05/15, 04:48 pm

I've been exposed..btw, you and I don't see things eye to eye typically, but it's a travesty that you'all aren't in it unless of course you chose not to be.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 20/05/15, 04:51 pm

KnKsDad wrote:I've been exposed..btw, you and I don't see things eye to eye typically, but it's a travesty that you'all aren't in it unless of course you chose not to be.

That's above my pay grade but I appreciate the sentiment nonetheless. We'll see a few of those teams in a couple of months anyway. Don't need to give anything away just yet.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachgirl71 20/05/15, 07:05 pm

Your logic on a team being ranked in the 60s or 70s nationally and not being able to compete has one fatal flaw. Any states play very few tournaments that use GotSoccer. Disney for example is one of the only tournaments in the southeast that I know of. That Georgia team on the flip side is ranked 9th in the country on soccerincollege.com. Let's put it into perspective even further. LP Elite, the team everyone is saying a world beater, played Braddock Roads from Va twice, last time at Jefferson Cup and both were one goal LP elite wins. But very close games. That same Braddock team played the top Ga team at Disney and the Braddock team was very fortunate to escape with a tie. The
Georgia team coming to Copa plays that top Georgia team all the time and it appears they are very evenly matched.

Don't let the gotsoccer bias mislead you and don't give the cup to any north Texas teams just yet.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 20/05/15, 07:18 pm

That Braddock team had one shot on goal while elite had something like 25. No excuses but it shouldn't have been close.  I don't remember elite playing them twice.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 20/05/15, 08:52 pm

Well see what she has to say on June 16 or so

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Beachgirl71 20/05/15, 08:54 pm

Yes we shall. Sounds like there is no reason for any other teams to come out here.

Beachgirl71
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 20/05/15, 09:00 pm

Well the games still have to be played but the track records are there. No one can deny that. The SoCal teams can hang but not sure about the rest. You can't compare a score in one game vs a score in another. The scores don't necessarily tell the tale.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CowboyBill 20/05/15, 09:32 pm

Track records are there for what to be supported? The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall? What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state? There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.

That's like arguing that I'm the best team in the Big 12 because I beat up on the other teams around me all the time but I never play a team from another conference so I consider myself King of the World.

The world is not flat. There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in. LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.

CowboyBill
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 20/05/15, 09:49 pm

Good luck to all. Hell my kid not even playing in the thing so I'm definitely not going to argue about it. But I will say this.....Elite has lost 1 game to 04G in like 3 or 4 years. If yall can make it 2 then more power to you but don't come on here talking about some team that that tied some team that played somebody 1 time a few months ago and gotsoccer rankings.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul Goodman 20/05/15, 10:04 pm

CowboyBill wrote:Track records are there for what to be supported?  The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall?  What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state?  There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.  

That's like arguing that I'm the best team in the Big 12 because I beat up on the other teams around me all the time but I never play a team from another conference so I consider myself King of the World.

The world is not flat.  There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in.  LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.  

Valid points. The Vegas Cup is a perfect example of when the bubble burst. You have 3 teams (LP Premier, DT Scott, and Spirit) who most thought would go deep into the tournament and 2 of them couldn't even make it out of bracket play. These 3 teams are also in the SuperCopa.

TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/05/15, 10:53 pm

I hope a team from Louisiana wins it...

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 20/05/15, 11:41 pm

CowboyBill wrote:Track records are there for what to be supported?  The fact that a bunch of Texas teams play each other a lot and everyone appears to agree on the order I which those teams fall?  What's that have to do with the other teams coming from out of state?  There is little to no track record there or logical correlation to the Texas teams.  

The world is not flat.  There is more out there than the bubble some of you guys appear to live in.  LP Elite has played out of state a little bit show me where the others have.  

CowboyBill, I take it your daughter plays for Kitterman? Your team will be considered an out of state team.  Kitterman has played multiple Texas teams especially LP Premier, DT Scott and LP Elite (all three in Super Copa).  Unless Im missing something, either
1.) You're new to the team,
2.) Other team parents have not filled you in on mentioned teams above, or
3.) Kitterman has reloaded and a new found confident has emerged.

So which one is it  Cool ?

DT South - Played in Kansas
DT Scott - Played in Nevada
TX Spirit - Played in Nevada, Oklahoma
LP Premier - Played in Nevada, Colorado, Oklahoma

I may be missing a few ..

Last edited by Son_ofa_Pitch on 21/05/15, 08:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by bird04 21/05/15, 07:18 am

My daughter plays for Kitterman and I don't recognize the moniker "CowboyBill" from the OK message boards...but if I did, I would agree with Pitch...NTX teams excellent and the real deal and have definitely "played out of state". He/she must be from somewhere else...everyone on Kitterman knows NTX is where you go for comp....

bird04
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 21/05/15, 08:30 am

The simple fact is that this is a tournament, a bad bounce, a bad call can change everything. We also need to remember that some of the teams outside of NTX are built for these tournaments while the NTX teams are built for the grueling season. Not many teams face the battle each game that the top 8-10 provide. Let's be honest any of those top 8 could make noise on a national stage. The key in a tournament is to be flexible and be able to change tactics if what you're doing isn't working. Will a team like Elite or DTS be willing to do this? Will elite's D carry the ball out of their half rather than trying to force long passes? Can DTS adjust if they face a team as athletic as them that know how to close down forwards in the open field?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 21/05/15, 08:41 am

db10 wrote:The simple fact is that this is a tournament, a bad bounce, a bad call can change everything. We also need to remember that some of the teams outside of NTX are built for these tournaments while the NTX teams are built for the grueling season. Not many teams face the battle each game that the top 8-10 provide. Let's be honest any of those top 8 could make noise on a national stage. The key in a tournament is to be flexible and be able to change tactics if what you're doing isn't working. Will a team like Elite or DTS be willing to do this? Will elite's D carry the ball out of their half rather than trying to force long passes? Can DTS adjust if they face a team as athletic as them that know how to close down forwards in the open field?

True, a bad bounce here, a bad bounce there and anything can happen.. I'm not going to pull the 10/11 yrs old card.  They will make mistakes and adjustments will be needed/made. That's the beauty of great/good teams, they make it happen.  Regardless of who Elite plays, they will have to bring their "A" game and vice versa..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next