North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Who will win Flamefest? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Who will win Flamefest?

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Who will win Flamefest? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will win Flamefest?

Post by SuperCoach 21/06/15, 12:49 pm

Zizou wrote:That sucks!

Pure laziness. Games could play right now.

SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 21/06/15, 01:29 pm

My dd was looking forward to play go last team today. Noooo! Not surprised though with the way the weather has gone this year.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 21/06/15, 01:39 pm

Think it sucks for the 04's imagine having 3-5 minutes left in one of the boy's finals with the score 0-0 and having the golf cart come on and call the game. Come on Flamefest, 5 minutes, you put them back out there after the delay so why not let them finish? Even if it was tied at the finish they could have gone to penalties without stressing the fields. THAT SUCKS.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/06/15, 01:46 pm

I agree DB10, but wouldn't Craig Ranch management have ultimate say on when to cancel? My guess is Flamefest TD is at the mercy of those who own the fields.

Someday we'll tell our soccer grandkids all the stories about the '15 spring season. Not sure they will believe us ;-)
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 21/06/15, 01:55 pm

Oh that's worse than ours. PK's would be better than not finishing.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Woohoo select soccer 21/06/15, 02:20 pm

Craig Ranch is usually the first to cancel of all the DFW fields which is weird because you would expect the fields to be pristine. I figured when I saw rain in the forcast that it wouldnt be a fully played tournament. At least we got in some games. Hopefully it was enough for those girls who were using it as a try out to be seen.

Woohoo select soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 21/06/15, 03:29 pm

Woohoo select soccer wrote:Craig Ranch is usually the first to cancel of all the DFW fields which is weird because you would expect the fields to be pristine.  I figured when I saw rain in the forcast that it wouldnt be a fully played tournament.  At least we got in some games.  Hopefully it was enough for those girls who were using it as a try out to be seen.  

Too bad half the games were on 7v7 fields, nothing better than the GK's kicking it 3/4 way down the field and 20 girls trying to fight for it or players taking shots from midfield.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 21/06/15, 03:37 pm

db10 wrote:
Woohoo select soccer wrote:Craig Ranch is usually the first to cancel of all the DFW fields which is weird because you would expect the fields to be pristine.  I figured when I saw rain in the forcast that it wouldnt be a fully played tournament.  At least we got in some games.  Hopefully it was enough for those girls who were using it as a try out to be seen.  

Too bad half the games were on 7v7 fields, nothing better than the GK's kicking it 3/4 way down the field and 20 girls trying to fight for it or players taking shots from midfield.

Hard to play kickball on a small field?
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SwitchDaField 21/06/15, 09:42 pm

ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

Bracket B has the #6 and #11 team in ntx in it.  Could be a tight race.
huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

I think it looks like this in the playoffs...

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)
D'Feet White over Sting Harr 3-1

D'Feet Black over White 3-0

I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.

I see D'Feeters beat FCD White 1-0. Anyone care to elaborate on what happen?

SwitchDaField
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 21/06/15, 10:02 pm

4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
SD69 wrote:Bracket A looks the toughest. Feet, FC Premier, or FCD Central could all make a strong run at getting out of bracket.

huh? 'B' has 3 PPL teams in it other than D'Feet. 'A' may be close depending how motivated D'Feet White are and the number of changes within all the teams. This is the bracket with probably the most roster changes from last year, how they gel this early in the season will probably lead to the winner of the bracket. 'C' is pointing to Sting West and unless they lost players they should have no problem advancing.

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

D'Feet Black over Sting West 4-0 (I think West sticks around in the game for a while though)

I'm going off got soccer rankings...what are you basing your crazy a$$ picks off of. B looks to be the strongest bracket. #6 vs #11 should be a good show.

Bless your heart If you think FCD White who finished 4th in PPL will give a D1 team who finished the season 15-3-1 a "good show" ...but hey you keep sticking with those rankings. Heck maybe D'Feet are missing 3/4 of their team you never know.

I'll humor you just cause it's you.......

Not a lot to elaborate on. Pretty sloppy. Different players in different positions. Probably half the game in their box. Think they had 1 chance in the first minute. You can worry about the score if you want but the game wasn't close at all. Definitely wasn't a "good show" got soccer was as accurate as ever

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 21/06/15, 10:16 pm

All part of the plan!

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 21/06/15, 10:32 pm

Ummmmm.......ok. Sure. Who cares?

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by douchebag 22/06/15, 07:33 am

adufresne wrote:
4DaLuvofTheGM wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:
ElClassico wrote:
VultureVic wrote:

D'Feet White
D'Feet Black
Sting West
Sting Harr (Wildcard)

I'll humor you just cause it's you.......

Not a lot to elaborate on. Pretty sloppy. Different players in different positions. Probably half the game in their box. Think they had 1 chance in the first minute. You can worry about the score if you want but the game wasn't close at all. Definitely wasn't a "good show" got soccer was as accurate as ever

D'Feeters do one thing, long ball. This only works for so long JK. One day they will have to play real soccer. Big Strong Fast Athletic helps though. So, FCD White only lost 1-0 to Black. Are you sure this is not a typo? Nope, I looked, it is the truth. What happened JK, you should have beat them according to your minions 10-0. That FCD White team is not that great. You should be ashamed of yourself JK for that score.

douchebag
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Looking04 22/06/15, 08:40 am

Well, look who crawled out from under his rock.

Finished his weekend of games and decided to show up on this post to add his 2 cents.

Funny - first you claim to have seen "long ball", then you had to look up the score - so which is it?  Can't keep your story straight?  Were you there or not?

Yep, the game was sloppy - but pretty hard for Feet to play "long ball" on a 3/4 field.  Especially hard to play "long ball" when they have FCD White pinned in their own end for most of the game.

Looking04
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 22/06/15, 08:46 am

That's funny coming from the punt, kick and shove champion Of ppl.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by adufresne 22/06/15, 09:30 am

Flamefest gets a longer thread than Supercopa. That's pretty funny. Nice to see all eyes are still on D'Feeters. You guys have fun with this.

adufresne
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 22/06/15, 09:32 am

envy is a cruel B

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 10sDad 22/06/15, 09:36 am

Was it just me, or did anyone else happen to notice on the GotSoccer page for schedules/results that when they cropped the Flamefest logo at the top of the page that it actually says "LAMEST"?
10sDad
10sDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dreadpirateroberts 22/06/15, 09:53 am

10sDad wrote:Was it just me, or did anyone else happen to notice on the GotSoccer page for schedules/results that when they cropped the Flamefest logo at the top of the page that it actually says "LAMEST"?

sounds about right
dreadpirateroberts
dreadpirateroberts
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/15, 10:29 am

I'm not up to par on what's going on but I slightly interpret from the little that I read, the forum community is trying to ridicule Feeters for a low scoring victory in a weak tournament....am I correct? Not on some "more competitive than thou" ish but when PPL specifics are involved I feel lost. 
Anyhow, what wrong with playing in a tournament as such when JK has new players he is evaluating and getting acclimated to his style of play? Expectations are high this summer aren't they?

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperCoach 22/06/15, 10:44 am

adufresne wrote:Flamefest gets a longer thread than Supercopa. That's pretty funny. Nice to see all eyes are still on D'Feeters. You guys have fun with this.

I think this was another teams supercopa. lol! lol!
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 22/06/15, 11:19 am

VultureVic wrote:
adufresne wrote:Flamefest gets a longer thread than Supercopa. That's pretty funny. Nice to see all eyes are still on D'Feeters. You guys have fun with this.

I think this was another teams supercopa. lol! lol!

Lamefest is supercopa for some but for most teams it is that last chance to evaluate talent, both current and prospective, before July 1.  So it has its place.  Hopefully most teams got that opportunity before it was cancelled.

I had no complaints that my DD wasn't playing in a tournament on small fields, with shortened halves, with mandatory water breaks* on overcast and sub 90 degree days, and that was eventually cut short because of more NTX rain. Shocked

*I am in favor of water breaks on hot sunny days.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sweet_feet99 22/06/15, 11:55 am

Idk bout flamefest but at Kyle Owen's the Water breaks were a waste of playing time.
Sweet_feet99
Sweet_feet99
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22/06/15, 02:24 pm

They sure were a waste....
So is post July 1st gonna be a down time for soccer? Some breaks and vacationing or are there any tournaments in the pure heat?

Back to top Go down

Post by upper95 22/06/15, 03:12 pm

Everything slows down for a couple of weeks except for the new 05 select teams entering tournaments, e.g., King Tut, to firm up or earn seedings for the LH U11 QT. Everyone else will take a break then ramp up for season or D3 (now D2 tongue ) challenges.

upper95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 22/06/15, 03:19 pm

Once you get your money. Leave the kids alone and let them rest and be kids. Coaches, you will have plenty of time to work with them and get them prepared.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3