North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Pixel
Statistics
We have 15030 registered users
The newest registered user is Bsunccgrd

Our users have posted a total of 203375 messages in 30801 subjects

'05 Top 20 Human Poll

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/06/15, 09:48 am

While we are waiting for what should be the last FBR before July 1st, here is my .03.  There is nothing groundbreaking here but I see a lot of movement in the bottom half of this list depending on signing day.  These are the 23 teams (based on resume) I see vying for DI in late July.  

1.  Solar Chelsea Red Pulpaneck
2.  Sting Black Diaz
3.  DT South Adames
4.  Dallas Rush Voutier
5.  LP RASE Elite Flynn
6.  Solar Chelsea East Arnold
7.  D'Feeters Abouzar
8.  FC Dallas Elite Baker
9.  FC Dallas Premier Clarke
10. FWFC Remmel
11. Andromeda Rundell
12. Fever United Penn
13. Sting Central Parsons
14. Sting East Gray
15. Athletic Dallas Munoz
16. NTFC Green Marshall
17. DT South Redd Lott
18. Sting North Blue Garrett
19. Sting Central Sanchez
20. NTFC Black Mayes  

DT Dynamo Stark, Mustangs Bussey, Sting Scarfone


If you have a difference of opinion or have some inside info, lets hear it.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4417
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty (very) Human take on '05 Top 20 Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 01:51 pm

Let me offer a slightly different view of the Top 20:

note:  RED denotes 3 spots or lower than Tatonka poll
     GREEN denotes 3 spots or higher than Tatonka poll

TTB Ranking    
1.  Solar Chelsea Red Pulpaneck
2.  Sting Black Diaz
3.  DT South Adames
4.  Dallas Rush Voutier
5.  LP RASE Elite Flynn
6.  Solar Chelsea East Arnold
7.  D'Feeters Abouzar...see Feet as high as 4
8.  FC Dallas Elite Baker...more of a 11 or 12 seed now
9.  FC Dallas Premier Clarke
10. FWFC Remmel
11. Andromeda Rundell...15-20 range
12. Fever United Penn...7-10 range
13. Sting Central Parsons
14. Sting East Gray...right at 20
15. Athletic Dallas Munoz
16. NTFC Green Marshall
17. DT South Redd Lott...not a top 20 team
18. Sting North Blue Garrett...10-15 range
19. Sting Central Sanchez
20. NTFC Black Mayes  

DT Dynamo Stark (solid 15 team), Mustangs Bussey (18-20 team), Sting Scarfone (D3 team)


Last edited by nortexmaker on 25/06/15, 02:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 02:09 pm

NTM Ranking    
1.  Solar Chelsea Red Pulpaneck
2.  Sting Black Diaz
3.  DT South Adames
4.  D'Feeters Abouzar
5.  Dallas Rush Voutier
6.  LP RASE Elite Flynn
7.  Fever United Penn
8.  FC Dallas Premier Clarke
9.  Solar Chelsea Arnold
10. FWFC Remmel
11. Sting Central Parsons
12. FC Dallas Elite Baker
13. Sting North Blue Garrett
14. Athletic Dallas Munoz
15. DT Dynamo Stark
16. NTFC Green Marshall
17. Sting Central Sanchez
18. Mustangs Bussey
19. Andromeda Rundell
20. Sting East Gray (tie)
20. NTFC Black Mayes (tie)
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by 05girls 25/06/15, 03:05 pm

I'll just go with the FBR and say it's pretty close. I would find it hard to believe that anyone has seen all 23 teams play or know the circumstance around outcomes of games. Anyone who tries to is just making s**t up.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2757
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Heart and dedication 25/06/15, 03:12 pm

I second that 05. I think someone had a little too much to drink a little too early in the day. I think fbr and tatonka are pretty close to on point.

Heart and dedication
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2569
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 03:16 pm

Heart and dedication wrote:I second that 05. I think someone had a little too much to drink a little too early in the day. I think fbr and tatonka are pretty close to on point.

Gonna take a wild guess...H & D has ties to one of the teams in RED?
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by FC Sanger 25/06/15, 03:20 pm

1-9 is solid, no particular order
10-25 --anyone can beat anyone on anyday

KT will give us some more data

FBR is pretty darn close.


FC Sanger
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 91
Points : 3391
Join date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Heart and dedication 25/06/15, 03:32 pm

No, I'm not with one of YOUR red teams. I just find some of your opinions laughable. I'm gonna guess you are with one of the teams you hold so highly that fbr disagrees with

Heart and dedication
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2569
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 03:35 pm

H&D...as the original post stated "If you have a difference of opinion or have some inside info, let's hear it."

...........so, be brave!
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Heart and dedication 25/06/15, 03:39 pm

Brave? I stated my opinion. I think the fbr is pretty spot on. It seems to always be very close. Instead of arguing over 10 yr old girls soccer on an anonymous forum, we can just agree to disagree.

Heart and dedication
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2569
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 03:52 pm

Fair enough, H&D.

The good news is that we only have to wait a little over a month to see how it all unravels.....think all of us will be in for some surprises if history repeats itself.

Regardless, good luck in the LHQT with whatever team you pull for.
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Heart and dedication 25/06/15, 03:54 pm

Look at that, we finally agree. Good luck to you and your DD as well!

Heart and dedication
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 14
Points : 2569
Join date : 2014-09-29

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by TatonkaBurger 25/06/15, 04:04 pm

I definitely feel the love now.  Way to go gentlemen.

I am a big fan of the FBR and in most cases bow down to its accuracy.  But given the weird spring weather and the cancellation of tournaments, I think there is some room left for movement in the rankings.  There was also a good amount of guesting on teams that may or may not get those DDs come July 1st.  Most of it was probably meaningless and bench filler but some guests were game-changers for certain teams.  The FBR does not account for that.

The bottom line, as you 2 lovebirds have agreed, it all gets REAL in a month.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4417
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by dadof3 25/06/15, 04:17 pm

It is just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the FBR a little further off than usual this year since the number of games hasn't allowed the rankings to take in as much data. I don't have a particular team or teams in particular, but that the 85-90% we are used to seeing may not hold as tightly. Not that many teams able to show any wins with so many rained out tournaments...
dadof3
dadof3
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1033
Points : 4864
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : McKinney

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by nortexmaker 25/06/15, 04:18 pm

Group hug!
nortexmaker
nortexmaker
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 2464
Join date : 2015-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Guest 25/06/15, 05:34 pm

FC Sanger wrote:1-9 is solid, no particular order
10-25 --anyone can beat anyone on anyday

KT will give us some more data

FBR is pretty darn close.


Um, no, there is an order, and, yes, FBR is very close in suggesting what it is.  Under pretty much no circumstances could #9 beat #1.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by FC Sanger 25/06/15, 08:18 pm

You miss my point mp. The top 9 are getting through. I wasn't implying sacred 1 could lose to 9. 1-9;will make d1. The next 11 will be a battle of 10-25 and a couple below that will surprise us as well.

FC Sanger
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 91
Points : 3391
Join date : 2012-10-22

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by orbitzone2000 25/06/15, 08:23 pm

meat pie wrote:
FC Sanger wrote:1-9 is solid, no particular order
10-25 --anyone can beat anyone on anyday

KT will give us some more data

FBR is pretty darn close.


Um, no, there is an order, and, yes, FBR is very close in suggesting what it is.  Under pretty much no circumstances could #9 beat #1.
I wonder which team this guys DD plays for??? I thought he banned all his parents from these boards?

orbitzone2000
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 3199
Join date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Guest 25/06/15, 08:55 pm

I gotcha, Sanger, and I agree. Who is "he," Orbit? The Great and Powerful Oz himself? We all know who pulls the strings at Solar, um, Red, don't we, and, no, it isn't "he" who's pulling these strings.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Guest 26/06/15, 10:31 am

Nortex is right - be brave. I agree also that FBR is pretty good line of sight too. The rainouts will add a layer of unknown and a few dark horses will benefit from growing unseen to the rest.

I'll take a tongue-in-cheek shot at it too:

There's the top 3...they are a cut above and I think FBR and on the field play has established the pecking order:

1. Solar pulp - recruit and cut; recruit and cut. Easily playing the best quality of the group
2. Sting black - wish we were still kicks when those first checks get written. Very nice game they've developed too.
3. DTS - added a few more good kiddos

Then there's a second grouping - they are in a loose order. Any given day one can beat the other:

4. Dallas "RUSH away before our parents choke you" - they play the most "pulp-like"
5. LFCA purple HAZE of smoke - Flynn will cure them of their fouling ways
6. Solar east Aztecs - they start working it around again and they're moving up. Gotten somewhat linear

Then a 3rd grouping - these can hang with and beat group 2 folks but more often than not they'll come up on the other side of things:

7. Fcd Premier - honestly haven't seen them much. My friends say they are more solid than the FBR ranking. I gots nuthin
8. D'Feet - see Solar Aztecs. Quit relying on alleged speed and start moving the ball like in the past and you'll rise.
9. FCD "Gerrard"- a very solid team that quietly goes about their bidness. I Never hear of drama coming from them. I still can't decipher "the move"?

The 4th group. This is a whole dog's breakfast of teams here. I hate to even rank them because they are all capable of outplaying one another AND hanging with groups 2 and 3 too:

10. Fever - it helps being pretty much the only D1 caliber bunch over on that side of town! They're looking better each time I've seen them.
10a. Andro Run and run and kick and "Run"-dell.
10c. FWFC kickball team - use your mids please
10d. Texans Dynamo Stark - pretty much the only Texans team N of I30. Is JS spread too thin with all his duties?
10e. Texans mid cities - OOPS! Such a good team with a good coach that the "big kids writing the checks" ruined. Others will benefit from this implosion
10f. Sting West - they're absorbing teams and players all over. Watch out for their top bunch. B and C teams not so much...
10g. Sting North, Sting East, Sting Central, Sting upper left corner, sting gulf coast, sting mountain, sting directional. Pretty much all the same. Good teams looking to go next level

The rest - I am sure there are some sleepers out there that are adding players and the random new team that is a dregs of several implosions and acquisitions a la Sting West:

17. NTFC Green - she bogarts all the new recruits from Black and white (now defunct). they are a dangerous team
18. DTS Red - I like what they're doing down there. Small, quick, passes the ball around...in the loooooong shadow of DTS
19. Athletic Dallas - kinda like DTS Red above - they may be something special
20. NTFC Black - OMGee - stop yelling coach! Remember the saying about attracting flies with honey not vinegar?

Watch fors: Mustangs, FCD Roach, Sting Scarfone, and the random new team with some new talent that has been at XYZ Middle School gym the last 3 months getting better

:-) :-) :-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by orbitzone2000 26/06/15, 10:34 pm

meat pie wrote:I gotcha, Sanger, and I agree.  Who is "he," Orbit?  The Great and Powerful Oz himself? We all know who pulls the strings at Solar, um, Red, don't we, and, no, it isn't "he" who's pulling these strings.
Uh, how about you Jr.!!!!

orbitzone2000
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 3199
Join date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by orbitzone2000 26/06/15, 10:36 pm

Blob wrote:Nortex is right - be brave. I agree also that FBR is pretty good line of sight too. The rainouts will add a layer of unknown and a few dark horses will benefit from growing unseen to the rest.

I'll take a tongue-in-cheek shot at it too:

There's the top 3...they are a cut above and I think FBR and on the field play has established the pecking order:

1. Solar pulp - recruit and cut; recruit and cut. Easily playing the best quality of the group
2. Sting black - wish we were still kicks when those first checks get written. Very nice game they've developed too.
3. DTS - added a few more good kiddos

Then there's a second grouping - they are in a loose order. Any given day one can beat the other:

4. Dallas "RUSH away before our parents choke you" - they play the most "pulp-like"
5. LFCA purple HAZE of smoke - Flynn will cure them of their fouling ways
6. Solar east Aztecs - they start working it around again and they're moving up. Gotten somewhat linear

Then a 3rd grouping - these can hang with and beat group 2 folks but more often than not they'll come up on the other side of things:

7. Fcd Premier - honestly haven't seen them much. My friends say they are more solid than the FBR ranking. I gots nuthin
8. D'Feet - see Solar Aztecs. Quit relying on alleged speed and start moving the ball like in the past and you'll rise.
9. FCD "Gerrard"-  a very solid team that quietly goes about their bidness. I Never hear of drama coming from them. I still can't decipher "the move"?

The 4th group. This is a whole dog's breakfast of teams here. I hate to even rank them because they are all capable of outplaying one another AND hanging with groups 2 and 3 too:

10. Fever - it helps being pretty much the only D1 caliber bunch over on that side of town!  They're looking better each time I've seen them.
10a. Andro Run and run and kick and "Run"-dell.
10c. FWFC kickball team - use your mids please
10d. Texans Dynamo Stark - pretty much the only Texans team N of I30. Is JS spread too thin with all his duties?
10e. Texans mid cities - OOPS!  Such a good team with a good coach that the "big kids writing the checks" ruined. Others will benefit from this implosion
10f. Sting West - they're absorbing teams and players all over. Watch out for their top bunch. B and C teams not so much...
10g. Sting North, Sting East, Sting Central, Sting upper left corner, sting gulf coast, sting mountain, sting directional.  Pretty much all the same.  Good teams looking to go next level

The rest - I am sure there are some sleepers out there that are adding players and the random new team that is a dregs of several implosions and acquisitions a la Sting West:

17.  NTFC Green - she bogarts all the new recruits from Black and white (now defunct). they are a dangerous team
18.  DTS Red - I like what they're doing down there.  Small, quick, passes the ball around...in the loooooong shadow of DTS
19.  Athletic Dallas - kinda like DTS Red above - they may be something special
20.  NTFC Black - OMGee - stop yelling coach!  Remember the saying about attracting flies with honey not vinegar?

Watch fors:  Mustangs, FCD Roach, Sting Scarfone, and the random new team with some new talent that has been at XYZ Middle School gym the last 3 months getting better

:-) :-) :-)
Who's 10b?

orbitzone2000
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 140
Points : 3199
Join date : 2013-05-12

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Guest 27/06/15, 07:24 am

10b. Sting Over Yonder Way

Very observant of you Orbit! I tip the bowler hat to you that B.J. placed on my head.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by JediMindKick 27/06/15, 09:05 am

Are there any teams from outside of DFW(or not on the FBR) that can make a LH push?
JediMindKick
JediMindKick
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 8
Points : 3534
Join date : 2012-02-06

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by GrandTXSoccer 29/06/15, 09:43 am

I really think this year more than most, if you don't play in one of the upcoming tournaments and sit out thinking you are secured a top seed you might be left on the outside looking in. Someone brought up a great point, a lot of these teams simply haven't played enough over the past 6 months for folks that normally watch these games to really get a feel for who can play and who can't. I'd hate to be on the seeding committee this year. So if you are thinking of skipping I'd highly recommend you not skip.

GrandTXSoccer
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 707
Points : 4363
Join date : 2011-11-09

Back to top Go down

'05 Top 20 Human Poll Empty Re: '05 Top 20 Human Poll

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum