North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

05 LHQT bracket analysis

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 5 Empty Re: 05 LHQT bracket analysis

Post by Guest 26/07/15, 06:06 pm

EyeOut wrote:Below was an attempted quote of bwgophers post. If they do that the brackets will be horribly uneven. LH needs to use some discretion and re-seed.

According to my sources, they will use the same methodology to populate the week 2 brackets that they used with the '00's-'03's (when only the bracket winners qualified for D1 in week 1 and the rest of the D1 spots were filled in week 2).  That methodology is based on the bracket results from week 1, not total points.  Based on that methodology, the week 2 brackets will be formed as follows:

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 5 05_wee11

Where L2 = Week 1 2nd place finisher from Bracket L, K2 = Week 1 2nd place finisher from Bracket K, etc.
It is possible that some of the #3/#4 seeds may get shuffled in order to avoid rematches from week 1 of QT.[/quote

Well, they haven't done it in the past.  In the example I quoted in my post above when my DD'd team beat the #8 overall seed, that team actually ended up finishing 3rd in the bracket that weekend and they did not deviate from the methodology.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 26/07/15, 09:00 pm

meat pie wrote:
Dec2020 wrote:Is the LP Elite team T. Drake's old team?

Yes, and he's still gracing their sideline.

I find it even more embarrassing that a team would still allow someone who was arrested on drug charges to be on the sideline and around their kid. If he was even there. I don't know.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/07/15, 09:44 pm

bwgophers wrote:Well, FBR, and my gut, were both clearly wrong.  I am not just surprised that both of those teams made D1, I am flat out shocked that both of them won their brackets in week 1.  Both of those games would qualify as the biggest seeding upsets in week 1 of the QT, going all the way back to the '00's.

How is FBR doing this weekend overall?  Well, those 2 "upsets" included, if FWFC wins later this afternoon, FBR will have gotten 9/12 (75%) week 1 bracket winners correct.  Over the past 4 years, FBR has been between 73%-85% on week 1 bracket winners, so this year potentially will still fall within it's historical range.

Back to FC Dallas North White and Sting Dallas Blue for a minute...

First and foremost, congratulations to the players, coaches, and parents from both of those teams!  I know first-hand the overwhelming excitement and pride all of you are currently feeling (when my '01 DD's team went to QT, they were a #15 seed - #19 in the FBR - and beat the #8 seed to qualify for D1 on week #1 - ironically, over a D'Feeters team coach by Skip Scarfone affraid ).  Enjoy it.  Bask in it. Soak it all in.  The girls have worked their butts off and it's a fantastic accomplishment that should be celebrated to the fullest!

However, I will also say this...  For the sake of all of the girls, the coaches, and parents from those teams, I sincerely hope that FBR (and the QT seeding committee) were truly wrong about your teams, and you didn't just catch lightning in a bottle this weekend.  Because if it turns out over the long haul of the season, that FBR/LHGCL seeding committee were more right than wrong, it's going to be a l-o-n-g, trying year in the D1 Supergroup.  My DD's team that beat the #8 seed in the QT by a 2-0 score, played that same team in week 2 of league play and got absolutely gobsmacked 5-0, which turned out to be one of about 5 or 6 games that they lost by 4+ goals during the U11 season.  They ended up finishing U11 league play in 17th place, right smack in the middle of where FBR and the seeding committee predicted, and we were sweating out relegation until the next to the last week of the season.

However, FBR has also certainly gotten it wrong before.  Most notably with '03 Cosmos and '03 Fever who were ranked #19 & #20 going into QT and both finished in the top 10 of the league standings at U11.  So again, I sincerely hope that's the case here, and your QT performance carries over in the upcoming league season.  

Congrats again!  cheers cheers cheers

p.s. Everything said above applies to the Mustangs girls, coach, and parents as well. Congrats! cheers cheers cheers

p.p.s. Similar congrats go out to all players, coaches, and parents of Solar Red, Sting Black, Solar East, DT South, FCD Elite, D'Feeters, FCD Premier, Sting East, & Sting North Blue. Just because your week 1 qualification was "expected", doesn't mean it was easy. Celebrate the fruit of all of the hard work that has been put in to get to this point! cheers cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by seeyouonthepitch 26/07/15, 10:31 pm

When are the round two brackets expected?
seeyouonthepitch
seeyouonthepitch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 26/07/15, 10:43 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
meat pie wrote:
Dec2020 wrote:Is the LP Elite team T. Drake's old team?

Yes, and he's still gracing their sideline.

I find it even more embarrassing that a team would still allow someone who was arrested on drug charges to be on the sideline and around their kid. If he was even there. I don't know.
No you obviously don't know so you should be careful.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/07/15, 05:43 am

Let's see two charges, that are separate. And for those that seem so loyal to him you should look it up and stop taking his word for it. So it is you that should be careful PPP. Just my 2 cents.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePonyPower 27/07/15, 07:50 am

Oh I'm very careful.  You just don't know the story whereas I and the parents on his team do. Keep spouting your garbage if you like.

PurplePonyPower
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 27/07/15, 08:04 am

seeyouonthepitch wrote:When are the round two brackets expected?
Back on topic please. AKA no more TD posts

So what does round 2 brackets look like?
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by orbitzone2000 27/07/15, 08:05 am

Let's not make this about the ghost coach, who is there but really isn't suppose to be there. That's not the reason they lost. They just got beat. FCD played Harder. The goal came on a set pc, but would have come on a One on One had the LP player not intentionally Took the striker down from behind. All in All a great game and Congrates to FCD for a huge win. Good luck to LP and whatever coach is on the sideline next weekend!

orbitzone2000
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 05girls 27/07/15, 08:06 am

I read on the LHGCL site that round 2 schedules will be posted by tomorrow.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/07/15, 08:14 am

Why would this be my garbage. It is just public info that I had nothing to do with creating. I guess that makes it his garbage, Liverpool Soccer garbage in other words your garbage. I simply said that my kid would never be coached by a man with such principles, regardless of anyone else's opinion.
You better go sell some flowers to help pay legal fees.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/07/15, 08:16 am

I am finished

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Just_Curious??? 27/07/15, 08:24 am

orbitzone2000 wrote:Let's not make this about the ghost coach, who is there but really isn't suppose to be there. That's not the reason they lost. They just got beat. FCD played Harder. The goal came on a set pc, but would have come on a One on One had the LP player not intentionally Took the striker down from behind. All in All a great game and Congrates to FCD for a huge win. Good luck to LP and whatever coach is on the sideline next weekend!

Things could be interesting next week for this team. As I've been told, the Coach is leaving two teams to go to week 2 of qualifying alone while he takes his 04 team to Surf Cup.

Just_Curious???
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 08:25 am

FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

This is what I come up with based on using the historical methodology and adjusting some 4th place teams to eliminate rematches of week 1 games.  We'll see how close I am or if LHGCL punishes me again for trying to predict what they will actually do... Twisted Evil

05 LHQT bracket analysis - Page 5 Week2_10

Eliminated: FCD White, FCD North Red

Interesting that Sting Parsons and Sting Sanchez could quite possibly both end up in D3 while one of the Sting West teams could end up in D1. affraid   Typical U11 QT surprises...

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 27/07/15, 08:38 am

Based on this. Who has it hard and who has it easier.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer 27/07/15, 08:40 am

If the teams don't make it to D1 are they automatically in D3?

Sillyparentsitsjustsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kessinger 27/07/15, 08:44 am

The FCD goal was scored from a free kick caused by a LP foul just outside the box. A lesson for LP that they can live by the sword but their intentional aggressiveness can cause them to die by the sword too. This proves that karma does exist!

Kessinger
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 27/07/15, 08:45 am

1st place all go to D1.
2nd place all go to D3.
Next two points leaders go to D3 also.
All others eliminated.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 08:54 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Based on this. Who has it hard and who has it easier.

I think Rush has the easiest bracket. LP McManaman has shown that they can give higher ranked teams a competitive game, but hasn't yet shown the ability to take down a highly ranked team.

Fever, Andromeda, and NTFC should all take care of business without too much difficulty, although there are teams in each of those brackets that they can't go to sleep on.

Sting Parsons has to be feeling a bit snakebit to end up in the same week 2 bracket with LP Elite. Bit of a bad break there for them... but... FCD North White took care of business in week 1, so who knows???

This years Week 2 "Bracket of Death" for me is definitely bracket V. As with Brackets S/T/U, FWFC should take of business to get the D1 spot, but Sting Sanchez and FC Dallas are tougher matchups than I'm sure FWFC wants. Will this be one of the brackets that gets 2 teams into D3, or will someone get left out of the LHGCL party?

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasWheels 27/07/15, 09:00 am

bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

This is what I come up with based on using the historical methodology and adjusting some 4th place teams to eliminate rematches of week 1 games.  We'll see how close I am or if LHGCL punishes me again for trying to predict what they will actually do... Twisted Evil

Eliminated:  FCD White, FCD North Red

Interesting that Sting Parsons and Sting Sanchez could quite possibly both end up in D3 while one of the Sting West teams could end up in D1. affraid   Typical U11 QT surprises...

bwgophers, your bracket is exactly the same as the one I made last night, except the 4th seeds. Did you apply points before Goals For?

Here is my sample bracket
https://servimg.com/view/19281745/1

Last edited by TexasWheels on 27/07/15, 09:05 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding image)

TexasWheels
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 09:05 am

TexasWheels wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

bwgophers, your bracket is exactly the same as the one I made last night, except the 4th seeds. Did you apply points before Goals For?

You apply points first, then Goal Differential, then adjusted to avoid week 1 rematches (swapped Warriors/FCD North Black, and Texans Red/Celtic).

Back to top Go down

Post by FLGator 27/07/15, 09:13 am

bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Since bracket Z looks cut off, I guess that leaves DT Stark, FCD North Blue, Andro West Red Duren, and Dallas Kicks?
FLGator
FLGator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 09:14 am

FLGator wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Since bracket Z looks cut off, I guess that leaves DT Stark, FCD North Blue, Andro West Red Duren, and Dallas Kicks?
Only cut off if you are looking at it on a phone, but yes...

Back to top Go down

Post by EyeOut 27/07/15, 09:20 am

bwgophers wrote:
FLGator wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Two brackets without a Top 20 LH seed?  Interesting

EyeOut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasWheels 27/07/15, 09:31 am

bwgophers wrote:
TexasWheels wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

You apply points first, then Goal Differential, then adjusted to avoid week 1 rematches (swapped Warriors/FCD North Black, and Texans Red/Celtic).

Yes I missed the Andromeda/ Texans conflict. Makes sense. Who ever gets in bracket V seems to have an advantage with FC Dallas Youth 05 Girls only having one point. No dog on them, but it seems to be a desired bracket, in my opinion.

TexasWheels
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 27/07/15, 09:31 am

EyeOut wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FLGator wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
FriscoSoccer05 wrote:

Two brackets without a Top 20 LH seed?  Interesting

Interesting, but not uncommon. If I remember correctly, the '03's had a week 2 bracket that didn't even have a top 30 seed in it, meaning a team seeded outside the top 30 was guaranteed a D1 spot. Warriors '03 got it, went 1-18 with a -68 GD in D1 at U11, and followed that up with a last place finish in D3 at U12. It happens...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum