North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by thunderlipz 08/09/15, 08:04 pm

Lakedad wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't see why everyone is so upset.  She laces up her cleats just like all the other girls.  The reality is is she alone is able to shred you guys teams it say alot more about your teams than it does about her.  She is an 05 and you should be able to handle an 05.  Now for the pulp parents maybe I can see some sore toes.  Either the coach is trying to get her on which is great or he felt he needed the help to get the PLD win.  So either you should welcome the possible teammate and make it a nice environment for her to enjoy or accept that your team isn't quite as good as you think you are.

I will say had a situation with my older son at regionals.  Some trophy hunter parents were pushing the coach to take on guest players.  He refused and said I would rather lose with the kids that got me here.  But the last time I saw pulp's team they were going to win PLD even without her
 I am blown away by the anger parents have expressed outside of Pulp's team - I don't get it.  

From the Pulp parents I talked to, they didn't mind, with one or two exceptions.  Most parents don't understand the logic, but for the 2-3 bench players that stay with Pulp do so because they are in it for the long haul and consider the opportunity to practice with Pulp a bigger advantage to the development of the DD than playing 100% of the game for another coach.  Credit to them cause I couldn't do it.
Certainly seems like the 1 or 2 exception parents from pulps team are the ones voicing their opinion.

To the Jack A$$ that thinks his or her Super Star kid trains 100x more than sting girls do. Dude calm down!!! If my DD was the super star being mentions here I'd be jumping for joy. Everyone is talking about how great she is. Don't Ruin it for her by being a complete DB!!!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Lakedad 08/09/15, 08:23 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
Lakedad wrote:
go99 wrote:I don't see why everyone is so upset.  She laces up her cleats just like all the other girls.  The reality is is she alone is able to shred you guys teams it say alot more about your teams than it does about her.  She is an 05 and you should be able to handle an 05.  Now for the pulp parents maybe I can see some sore toes.  Either the coach is trying to get her on which is great or he felt he needed the help to get the PLD win.  So either you should welcome the possible teammate and make it a nice environment for her to enjoy or accept that your team isn't quite as good as you think you are.

I will say had a situation with my older son at regionals.  Some trophy hunter parents were pushing the coach to take on guest players.  He refused and said I would rather lose with the kids that got me here.  But the last time I saw pulp's team they were going to win PLD even without her
 I am blown away by the anger parents have expressed outside of Pulp's team - I don't get it.  

From the Pulp parents I talked to, they didn't mind, with one or two exceptions.  Most parents don't understand the logic, but for the 2-3 bench players that stay with Pulp do so because they are in it for the long haul and consider the opportunity to practice with Pulp a bigger advantage to the development of the DD than playing 100% of the game for another coach.  Credit to them cause I couldn't do it.
Certainly seems like the 1 or 2 exception parents from pulps team are the ones voicing their opinion.

To the Jack A$$ that thinks his or her Super Star kid trains 100x more than sting girls do. Dude calm down!!! If my DD was the super star being mentions here I'd be jumping for joy. Everyone is talking about how great she is. Don't Ruin it for her by being a complete DB!!!!
I dated a gymnast in college.  She would talk about girls she trained with and competed against that were considered the next great American gold medalist when they were 8,9 or 10.  They trained day and night only to breakdown or burnout by the time they should be at their peak.  You can't tell who a person is going to be at 10.  Kids should always dictate the amount of training based on their appetite for doing so. For now, if you're lucky enough to see a player who is considered one of the best in the area, enjoy it for what it is.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 3659
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by TatonkaBurger 10/09/15, 04:19 pm

I feel obligated to post this for the 05 readers.  Not because it is full of insight but because my face was hurting from laughing at the FBR06 string.  There is only so much I can take..  Figured I would throw out some post-PLDT tournament commentary as we get ready for this weekend.


FC Dallas Premier - making it to the quarterfinals was a little bit of a surprise given the other teams that did not advance and with going winless in bracket play.  But Premier was not shutout and had the 4th highest GF in bracket play which is impressive.  Then they experienced the wrath of Solar Red in the quarters and that was the end.  After cruising through qualifying and Week 1 of LHGCL it is getting real again.

D'Feeters - I am not sure what to think of this team except that their opponent dictates how well they play.  To tie Mustangs and only score 1 against Texans Stark makes no sense when they were the better team in the 30 minutes I saw of their game against Solar Red.  Another poster says they continued that through the second half until the last 5 minutes.  A 1-0 loss in the quarterfinals to LFCA Elite in overtime was strong too.  They need to find ways to put it in the net and be consistent or their parents are going to have coronaries each week.  

Mustangs - there is no team that has improved more than the Mustangs since June. They qualified on the first weekend and then had no problem in LHGCL Week 1.  But they showed that their one dimensional style of play does not work against the top teams like Solar Red and Rush, each put a good beatdown on them.  They have a couple players who can score but need to get others involved in the attack.

Dallas Rush – after Sting Black gave them a good wakeup call on Friday night, Rush had a very strong rest of the tournament.  This team is steady and beats the teams they are supposed to beat.  They took the eventual champion into overtime in the semifinals in a game that could have gone either way (before waving the flag to the tune of 3 goals).  They do some things that have helped them earn a reputation with some people on this forum but they are not falling off from the front of the pack.

Solar Chelztecs East – I still can’t get used to the new uniforms but this team continues to remain strong.  They were the top bracket runner up and only lost out because of goal differential to LFCA Elite, who they tied.  Like Rush they are steady and even gave Sting Black a good run in the first half of their quarterfinal loss.  The only question is if the dual goalie system (that no other team uses) will cause more friction than would seem obvious.  Hopefully not.  

LFCA Elite – they won their bracket and as is typical found themselves fighting for a spot in the finals.  They have a handful of stud players but whether they can make it back into one of the top 2 positions is the big question.  They are a physical team but it appears from the sideline that most of the abuse is self-imposed.  Listening to 10 and 11 year old girls yell at eachother just aint my cup of tea.  I guess it would be fun if they did it with an English accent tho.  

Sting Black Diaz – another unsurprisingly strong performance by Sting Black.  They beat up on Rush, our visitors from the north, and Solar East but fell to the champion who had a much discussed guest player.  They are without a doubt the #2 team and just might be knocking on the door for the top spot.  Too bad it gets overshadowed by the whining and complaining that filled this forum for 3 days and with one that had to get taken down because it was so whack. Let your DDs play and do all of the talking cause they are knocking.

Solar Red – So about this guest player.. never mind.  Whether it was trophy hunting or recruiting, the general public will never know what the motivation was.  The only encouragement for the rest of the world is that even with the super star guest, the team looked vulnerable.  Against Rush and D’Feet, they had their hands full but did what they needed to do to win.  And that happened in the Final against Sting Black.  The throne is still theirs until someone knocks them off.  Will it happen soon?

Texans Stark – were clearly outmatched but fought hard in 2 games.

Andro Rundell – decent performance with a draw and close loss to Solar East but need to get away from a one-dimensional attack.

TSC Hurricane – a good draw against FC Dallas Elite and close loss to Sting Black.  It is always nice to send our friends from the north home early without advancement.

FC Dallas Elite – were in the toughest bracket and when it all mattered in the game against Rush they folded.


Any commentary on the Austin tournament?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by thunderlipz 10/09/15, 05:28 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:I feel obligated to post this for the 05 readers.  Not because it is full of insight but because my face was hurting from laughing at the FBR06 string.  There is only so much I can take..  Figured I would throw out some post-PLDT tournament commentary as we get ready for this weekend.


FC Dallas Premier - making it to the quarterfinals was a little bit of a surprise given the other teams that did not advance and with going winless in bracket play.  But Premier was not shutout and had the 4th highest GF in bracket play which is impressive.  Then they experienced the wrath of Solar Red in the quarters and that was the end.  After cruising through qualifying and Week 1 of LHGCL it is getting real again.

D'Feeters - I am not sure what to think of this team except that their opponent dictates how well they play.  To tie Mustangs and only score 1 against Texans Stark makes no sense when they were the better team in the 30 minutes I saw of their game against Solar Red.  Another poster says they continued that through the second half until the last 5 minutes.  A 1-0 loss in the quarterfinals to LFCA Elite in overtime was strong too.  They need to find ways to put it in the net and be consistent or their parents are going to have coronaries each week.  

Mustangs - there is no team that has improved more than the Mustangs since June. They qualified on the first weekend and then had no problem in LHGCL Week 1.  But they showed that their one dimensional style of play does not work against the top teams like Solar Red and Rush, each put a good beatdown on them.  They have a couple players who can score but need to get others involved in the attack.

Dallas Rush – after Sting Black gave them a good wakeup call on Friday night, Rush had a very strong rest of the tournament.  This team is steady and beats the teams they are supposed to beat.  They took the eventual champion into overtime in the semifinals in a game that could have gone either way (before waving the flag to the tune of 3 goals).  They do some things that have helped them earn a reputation with some people on this forum but they are not falling off from the front of the pack.

Solar Chelztecs East – I still can’t get used to the new uniforms but this team continues to remain strong.  They were the top bracket runner up and only lost out because of goal differential to LFCA Elite, who they tied.  Like Rush they are steady and even gave Sting Black a good run in the first half of their quarterfinal loss.  The only question is if the dual goalie system (that no other team uses) will cause more friction than would seem obvious.  Hopefully not.  

LFCA Elite – they won their bracket and as is typical found themselves fighting for a spot in the finals.  They have a handful of stud players but whether they can make it back into one of the top 2 positions is the big question.  They are a physical team but it appears from the sideline that most of the abuse is self-imposed.  Listening to 10 and 11 year old girls yell at eachother just aint my cup of tea.  I guess it would be fun if they did it with an English accent tho.  

Sting Black Diaz – another unsurprisingly strong performance by Sting Black.  They beat up on Rush, our visitors from the north, and Solar East but fell to the champion who had a much discussed guest player.  They are without a doubt the #2 team and just might be knocking on the door for the top spot.  Too bad it gets overshadowed by the whining and complaining that filled this forum for 3 days and with one that had to get taken down because it was so whack. Let your DDs play and do all of the talking cause they are knocking.

Solar Red – So about this guest player.. never mind.  Whether it was trophy hunting or recruiting, the general public will never know what the motivation was.  The only encouragement for the rest of the world is that even with the super star guest, the team looked vulnerable.  Against Rush and D’Feet, they had their hands full but did what they needed to do to win.  And that happened in the Final against Sting Black.  The throne is still theirs until someone knocks them off.  Will it happen soon?

Texans Stark – were clearly outmatched but fought hard in 2 games.

Andro Rundell – decent performance with a draw and close loss to Solar East but need to get away from a one-dimensional attack.

TSC Hurricane – a good draw against FC Dallas Elite and close loss to Sting Black.  It is always nice to send our friends from the north home early without advancement.

FC Dallas Elite – were in the toughest bracket and when it all mattered in the game against Rush they folded.


Any commentary on the Austin tournament?
I agree with almost all of your commentary. With one exception my friend. I didn't see one Sting Black Parent on these boards complaining about anything. I know quite a few of those parents and its a very classy group IMO. As a matter of fact the one Parent from SB that I did see post it was super classy and they commended Solar for their effort. So maybe you should get your facts in order before you blast a classy group of P's like that!! No pun intended sir!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Points : 3877
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Lakedad 10/09/15, 07:56 pm

thunderlipz wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:I feel obligated to post this for the 05 readers.  Not because it is full of insight but because my face was hurting from laughing at the FBR06 string.  There is only so much I can take..  Figured I would throw out some post-PLDT tournament commentary as we get ready for this weekend.


FC Dallas Premier - making it to the quarterfinals was a little bit of a surprise given the other teams that did not advance and with going winless in bracket play.  But Premier was not shutout and had the 4th highest GF in bracket play which is impressive.  Then they experienced the wrath of Solar Red in the quarters and that was the end.  After cruising through qualifying and Week 1 of LHGCL it is getting real again.

D'Feeters - I am not sure what to think of this team except that their opponent dictates how well they play.  To tie Mustangs and only score 1 against Texans Stark makes no sense when they were the better team in the 30 minutes I saw of their game against Solar Red.  Another poster says they continued that through the second half until the last 5 minutes.  A 1-0 loss in the quarterfinals to LFCA Elite in overtime was strong too.  They need to find ways to put it in the net and be consistent or their parents are going to have coronaries each week.  

Mustangs - there is no team that has improved more than the Mustangs since June. They qualified on the first weekend and then had no problem in LHGCL Week 1.  But they showed that their one dimensional style of play does not work against the top teams like Solar Red and Rush, each put a good beatdown on them.  They have a couple players who can score but need to get others involved in the attack.

Dallas Rush – after Sting Black gave them a good wakeup call on Friday night, Rush had a very strong rest of the tournament.  This team is steady and beats the teams they are supposed to beat.  They took the eventual champion into overtime in the semifinals in a game that could have gone either way (before waving the flag to the tune of 3 goals).  They do some things that have helped them earn a reputation with some people on this forum but they are not falling off from the front of the pack.

Solar Chelztecs East – I still can’t get used to the new uniforms but this team continues to remain strong.  They were the top bracket runner up and only lost out because of goal differential to LFCA Elite, who they tied.  Like Rush they are steady and even gave Sting Black a good run in the first half of their quarterfinal loss.  The only question is if the dual goalie system (that no other team uses) will cause more friction than would seem obvious.  Hopefully not.  

LFCA Elite – they won their bracket and as is typical found themselves fighting for a spot in the finals.  They have a handful of stud players but whether they can make it back into one of the top 2 positions is the big question.  They are a physical team but it appears from the sideline that most of the abuse is self-imposed.  Listening to 10 and 11 year old girls yell at eachother just aint my cup of tea.  I guess it would be fun if they did it with an English accent tho.  

Sting Black Diaz – another unsurprisingly strong performance by Sting Black.  They beat up on Rush, our visitors from the north, and Solar East but fell to the champion who had a much discussed guest player.  They are without a doubt the #2 team and just might be knocking on the door for the top spot.  Too bad it gets overshadowed by the whining and complaining that filled this forum for 3 days and with one that had to get taken down because it was so whack. Let your DDs play and do all of the talking cause they are knocking.

Solar Red – So about this guest player.. never mind.  Whether it was trophy hunting or recruiting, the general public will never know what the motivation was.  The only encouragement for the rest of the world is that even with the super star guest, the team looked vulnerable.  Against Rush and D’Feet, they had their hands full but did what they needed to do to win.  And that happened in the Final against Sting Black.  The throne is still theirs until someone knocks them off.  Will it happen soon?

Texans Stark – were clearly outmatched but fought hard in 2 games.

Andro Rundell – decent performance with a draw and close loss to Solar East but need to get away from a one-dimensional attack.

TSC Hurricane – a good draw against FC Dallas Elite and close loss to Sting Black.  It is always nice to send our friends from the north home early without advancement.

FC Dallas Elite – were in the toughest bracket and when it all mattered in the game against Rush they folded.


Any commentary on the Austin tournament?
I agree with almost all of your commentary. With one exception my friend. I didn't see one Sting Black Parent on these boards complaining about anything. I know quite a few of those parents and its a very classy group IMO. As a matter of fact the one Parent from SB that I did see post it was super classy and they commended Solar for their effort. So maybe you should get your facts in order before you blast a classy group of P's like that!! No pun intended sir!
I think you're taking the comment out of context.  I read it this way: Solar and Sting had another epic battle and all people wanted to talk about was the ethics of a guest player, not how good both teams continue to get.
Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 3659
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Futbolking 10/09/15, 09:49 pm

Lets see what the results are in d1 season games these same matches from the pldt when there is no guess player for solar , I think solar losses to rush and defeters, and wouldn't surprise me to see mustangs give solar a challenge.

Futbolking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 2246
Join date : 2015-09-07

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by thunderlipz 10/09/15, 10:18 pm

Futbolking wrote:Lets see what the results are in d1  season games  these same matches from the pldt when there is no guess player for solar , I think solar losses to rush and defeters, and wouldn't surprise me to see mustangs give solar a  challenge.
Now you have takin it too far!!!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Points : 3877
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Guest 10/09/15, 10:18 pm

New accounts always have big balls.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Futbolking 10/09/15, 10:26 pm

As I said lets just see, the results will speak for themselves, to me it showed weakness and insecurity from solar to go and need a guest player to secure there wins in pldt,

Futbolking
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 5
Points : 2246
Join date : 2015-09-07

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by TatonkaBurger 11/09/15, 11:05 am

thunderlipz wrote: I agree with almost all of your commentary. With one exception my friend. I didn't see one Sting Black Parent on these boards complaining about anything. I know quite a few of those parents and its a very classy group IMO. As a matter of fact the one Parent from SB that I did see post it was super classy and they commended Solar for their effort. So maybe you should get your facts in order before you blast a classy group of P's like that!! No pun intended sir!

Uh yeah ok.  Whatever you say friend. *wink wink*  BS.

But you are right.  BK's post was super classy and I apologize for lumping him in with the others.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4446
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by thunderlipz 11/09/15, 11:32 am

TatonkaBurger wrote:
thunderlipz wrote: I agree with almost all of your commentary. With one exception my friend. I didn't see one Sting Black Parent on these boards complaining about anything. I know quite a few of those parents and its a very classy group IMO. As a matter of fact the one Parent from SB that I did see post it was super classy and they commended Solar for their effort. So maybe you should get your facts in order before you blast a classy group of P's like that!! No pun intended sir!

Uh yeah ok.  Whatever you say friend. *wink wink*  BS.

But you are right.  BK's post was super classy and I apologize for lumping him in with the others.
lol!

thunderlipz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 210
Points : 3877
Join date : 2011-10-17

Back to top Go down

05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules - Page 4 Empty Re: 05 Girls Plano Labor Day Schedules

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum