North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Other state Teams... Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Other state Teams...

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Other state Teams... Empty Other state Teams...

Post by FCsoccer1 18/09/15, 02:57 pm

I was curious why other 04 girl teams don't come up to north texas? It seems that our teams tend to travel more and I've never ever seen a Houston, San Antonio, Austin, or El Paso team here. Is it the same with other ages groups?
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Other state Teams... Empty Re: Other state Teams...

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 18/09/15, 03:28 pm

Most states feel its a waste of money to travel at such young ages.. Why bother when they feel they get all the competition they need in local tournaments. It doesnt matter to them until U14 when it all counts.. Rolling Eyes
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/15, 08:33 pm

SOAP is right. Go on any other forum and mention traveling before age 14, you will be read the riot act. There are a few exceptions. Most notably SoCal, that's cause they are just as crazy as we are.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 18/09/15, 09:00 pm

Most states don't play 11v11 so young.
Most teams don't want to travel unless they will be competitive.
Most teams in NTX don't actually travel, and only a few of those travel far (>3-4 hours)

As for the other Texas teams? You could probably count on one hand the teams that would hold their own in a top division in a NTX tournament.

ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18/09/15, 09:07 pm

Nobody read the OP's post. In state travel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 18/09/15, 09:50 pm

FCsoccer1 wrote:I was curious why other 04 girl teams don't come up to north texas? It seems that our teams tend to travel more and I've never ever seen a Houston, San Antonio, Austin, or El Paso team here.  Is it the same with other ages groups?

It's a status thing for NTX clubs and parents.

Shows professionalism and dedication at U9-U14.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 18/09/15, 11:34 pm

Sho'nuff wrote:Nobody read the OP's post. In state travel
read the last bit of my post again.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 19/09/15, 10:50 am

NTX coaches like to take full advantage of that per diem! Its a paid all inclusive vacation! Oh yea and coach a little soccer on the side. I'm sure if there was no per diem a lot these NTX teams wouldn't go some of the places they go.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 20/09/15, 10:58 am

I don't believe that South Texas leagues play 11v11 in the 04 age group yet.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 20/09/15, 11:30 am

Read_These_Nikes wrote:NTX coaches like to take full advantage of that per diem! Its a paid all inclusive vacation! Oh yea and coach a little soccer on the side. I'm sure if there was no per diem a lot these NTX teams wouldn't go some of the places they go.

How much do you think that per diem is?
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 20/09/15, 01:28 pm

Read_These_Nikes wrote:NTX coaches like to take full advantage of that per diem! Its a paid all inclusive vacation! Oh yea and coach a little soccer on the side. I'm sure if there was no per diem a lot these NTX teams wouldn't go some of the places they go.

I'm thinking you and I have a very different opinion about what a vacation is. Probably just me.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 20/09/15, 02:55 pm

Doesn't change the fact if coaches had to pay for their own transportation, room, and food they wouldn't be so quick to say hay parents we're going to Disney and San Diego over the next 3 months for tourneys so start budgeting! I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't even go anywhere out of DFW if they had to pay room and board! They'd be like why travel all the competition is right here!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 20/09/15, 03:20 pm

Read_These_Nikes wrote:Doesn't change the fact if coaches had to pay for their own transportation, room, and food they wouldn't be so quick to say hay parents we're going to Disney and San Diego over the next 3 months for tourneys so start budgeting! I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't even go anywhere out of DFW if they had to pay room and board! They'd be like why travel all the competition is right here!

This is one of the strangest lines of thinking.  I'm pretty sure you're right, if they had to pay their expenses out of their own pocket, they wouldn't go anywhere, they couldn't afford it.  To most of these people, like it or not, this is a job.  

If you travel for work do you pay for your own travel expenses?  If you do then your compensation is probably somewhere north of an average coach's pay.

I've been to a number of these tournaments with my dd over the years.  San Diego and Orlando can be nice places to visit, but as RightWingDad says, I don't think I ever considered it a vacation with 15 little girls in tow.

Tournaments are typically part of the fact sheet, and if not, coaches and managers usually have an idea of what they're planning on for the year.  If you don't want to do out of town tournaments, look for a team that isn't doing them.  

I personally am not a big fan of doing a lot of travel at the young ages.  I don't see the purpose, but I know some coaches want to see how their team does against unfamiliar high quality teams.  

I can honestly say though, I never thought any of these tournaments were merely an all expense paid vacation for the coach.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 20/09/15, 05:20 pm

Travel for work is a very bad example in this case, you are asked by your company to take a trip to put in work for your employer so it make since for them to pay for it, I mean in most cases with work you are either making them money are protecting them from loosing it.

Its the coaches that say we're going here...Now pay all of my expenses! So work is a bad analogy.

How many coaches have you seen towing around 15 girls after the game during a tourney? If you say all or the majority I must of gotten the damn buzzard on that deal!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 20/09/15, 06:17 pm

Read_These_Nikes wrote:Travel for work is a very bad example in this case, you are asked by your company to take a trip to put in work for your employer so it make since for them to pay for it, I mean in most cases with work you are either making them money are protecting them from loosing it.

Its the coaches that say we're going here...Now pay all of my expenses! So work is a bad analogy.

How many coaches have you seen towing around 15 girls after the game during a tourney? If you say all or the majority I must of gotten the damn buzzard on that deal!

I don't like to get into arguments about stuff like this, but this is simply stupid.  Work travel is often precisely the same.  I traveled for work the majority of my adult life.  For the last 15 years, I determined where I needed to go, how long I needed to stay, and what I was going to do.  I had annual goals that I had to meet with customer satisfaction, revenue, and profitability.  

Based on your premise, since I made the decision to go, I should have paid for my own travel expenses.

When we traveled with our team, we had at least one game per day (sometimes 2) and often a workout and practice for the girls so they didn't get restless or get into any (more) trouble.  Coach was involved in all that, which didn't leave much time for vacation.

So your coach decides to take the team to a tournament, then disappears except for game time and spends the rest of the time at Disneyland or the beach?  I'd look for a different team.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 20/09/15, 07:28 pm

Lets agree to disagree cause to your point you are still making your employer money or preventing them from loosing it. You're forecasting a way for your boss to make more money than he's paying for your all expense paid trip.

Going to Disney to play in a soccer tournament isn't help a soccer team one bit! A team can bond right here in the good ol DFW. My point is... its really easy for a coach to say we're playing in Orlando when they have no expenses to worry about. You take away the per diem and teams wont travel like they do in NTX.. period.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/09/15, 07:35 pm

Sooooo, after reading this I think I will tell my DD's coach that I'm not paying his per diem. How well do you think that will go over?

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 20/09/15, 08:30 pm

Cleansheets wrote:Sooooo,  after reading this I think I will tell my DD's coach that I'm not paying his per diem. How well do you think that will go over?

No worries, it's optional. Remember, it's only a vacation fund.
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 21/09/15, 10:19 am

Cleansheets wrote:Sooooo,  after reading this I think I will tell my DD's coach that I'm not paying his per diem. How well do you think that will go over?

Cool! Let me know how it works out for you, but you may want to have 100% support from the other parents before trying that. LOL
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 21/09/15, 10:24 am

Read_These_Nikes wrote:

Cool! Let me know how it works out for you, but you may want to have 100% support from the other parents before trying that. LOL

How many tournaments in NTX do you see with College coaches lining the sideline?

Besides Dallas Cup, for the boys, do you see any NTX tournaments with the turnout of say Surf Cup?

So saying YOUR kid and HER team needs to attend a tournament like Surf. Her coach should pay his own expenses to take Your kid to that tournament to be seen??

Explain this one... your answer should be good.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 21/09/15, 10:28 am

AtThePitch wrote:
Read_These_Nikes wrote:

How many tournaments in NTX do you see with College coaches lining the sideline?

Besides Dallas Cup, for the boys, do you see any NTX tournaments with the turnout of say Surf Cup?

So saying YOUR kid and HER team needs to attend a tournament like Surf.  Her coach should pay his own expenses to take Your kid to that tournament to be seen??

REALLY EASY, NONE! THESE ARE 11 YEAR OLDS! If your daughter is that special of an 11 year old believe me scouts will find her Timbuktu. Trust me!

Last edited by Read_These_Nikes on 21/09/15, 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 21/09/15, 10:32 am

Read_These_Nikes wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:
Read_These_Nikes wrote:

So saying YOUR kid and HER team needs to attend a tournament like Surf.  Her coach should pay his own expenses to take Your kid to that tournament to be seen??

REALLY EASY, NONE! THESE ARE 11 YEAR OLDS!

I see you like to scream.

The question was not as it applies to 11 year olds. The question is at it applies to a soccer team.

if you want to address your kids age group specifically... They are currently U12, next year they are U13... If you dont think the coaches are looking at U13s... well... I think we all know that answe to that one... so what is the difference from this year to next year?

The good ones will be looked at.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 21/09/15, 10:37 am

Do you realize how much a 11 year old girl can change in 1 year let alone 2? Come on man!
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 21/09/15, 10:46 am

I am not referring to the player changing.

I am referring to what they are doing and why.

Lets say your team never leaves NTX because you dont want to pay per diems...

so U13 rolls around... "hey coach, we just wont state cup and we have to travel to regionals, possibly nationals.  You are coming right?  I know we wont pay for you to come, but even though you dont have a kid on the team you will show up at your own expense and be there for the girls.  Its only going to tennessee for regionals and possibly maryland for nationals.  There will be college scouts and US soccer reps there"

Team has never traveled before, first time ever out of state as a team, new squads... ever heard of nerves.

Me personally, if my kid and her team are at that level, we will travel, should travel. If she isnt or her team isnt... well then there is no need to travel now is there... or pay per diem.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 21/09/15, 11:12 am

AtThePitch wrote:
Read_These_Nikes wrote:

NONE for 04 teams anywhere

Did you bother to read the first post to figure out what this thread is about?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next