North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15368 registered users
The newest registered user is Jtkmd1

Our users have posted a total of 204652 messages in 31542 subjects

North Texas Meeting

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Deuce 12/01/16, 04:54 pm

So that the majority of the team using the bye is players from the team that earned it on the field...

Deuce
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 134
Join date : 2014-01-27

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Triumph FC 12/01/16, 04:56 pm

Yes LH's did a very nice job in making everyone satisfied. Everyone with the rules in place has a fair chance to achieve what they want to do.
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1851
Points : 6909
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 12/01/16, 05:11 pm

Triumph FC wrote:Yes LH's did a very nice job in making everyone satisfied. Everyone with the rules in place has a fair chance to achieve what they want to do.
You meant CL right? Not LH

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4839
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by weatherbug 12/01/16, 05:31 pm

We moved to Seattle last year but I still check in here occasionally because the Washington soccer forum is so boring! Razz  Clubs pretty much run the show here and it seems DOCs hold soccer league board positions. Here is a statement from one of local leagues for how they will handle the transition. The way I read this is that the bye will stay with older players. The top premier league in the area hasn't released a statement yet though. I would think LH will fall in line with what other leagues are doing around the country.

In order to conform to US Soccer Federation mandates, the North Puget Sound League will start creating league brackets based on calendar year age groups starting with the fall season 2016.  Teams should be entered into the correct bracket based on the oldest player on the team’s roster. The NPSL defers to Clubs and Associations for team formation but teams will not be allowed to have players participate that are too old for the bracket in which they are playing.  Players may “play-up” as Clubs deem appropriate.  Clubs should anticipate that the competition may be forming teams based on the new calendar year system. This may result in rosters with older and larger players than teams formed with the old school year system. NPSL will continue to have placement meetings to form the divisions within the brackets through open dialogue with the participating Clubs to facilitate placement for appropriate level of competition.
weatherbug
weatherbug
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 562
Points : 5321
Join date : 2010-03-24

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Triumph FC 12/01/16, 05:32 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
Triumph FC wrote:Yes LH's did a very nice job in making everyone satisfied. Everyone with the rules in place has a fair chance to achieve what they want to do.
You meant CL right? Not LH
I guess you cant please everyone
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1851
Points : 6909
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Guest 12/01/16, 08:33 pm

Triumph FC wrote:Yes LH's did a very nice job in making everyone satisfied. Everyone with the rules in place has a fair chance to achieve what they want to do.

+1

I used to argue that the best should be allowed to compete, but I was wrong. Nice work, LH.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by SEAOTTER 12/01/16, 10:28 pm

I was told the the N+1 will go away for one year. nothing confirmed though.

One thing that will be a interesting situation..

Lets say for example two 05 teams one in D1 and one in D2 decide to stay 05 after they remove the 04 offs the team. Then the new 05 teams participate in the QT. Where does the existing D1 and D2 team get placed with in the new 05s? Things are going to get sticky for sure.

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 279
Points : 5058
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Water world

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by AtThePitch 12/01/16, 10:36 pm

As they have always done, a team vacates, blows up, etc... the teams just shift upwards..

Happens every year when ECNL kicks in. teams have vacated their spots to leave for ECNL and that frees up a spot so everyone just shifts up a spot in the league.

The million dollar question is which current 05 teams will keep 05 byes.. that will determine the number of available spots left to fill via QT.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 727
Points : 4776
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Lyin Ted 13/01/16, 06:53 am

That makes sense.  The only thing that will be interesting is where your bye lands if you currently are in 05 and you take it to 04.  I would think that if you are D1 in 05. You would probably get the same spot that you earned in 04.

I am sure that there will be some poker faces between the clubs. A 16th spot in D1 can become a 10th place if 6 teams leave above them. Which makes a D2 spot a D1.

It will also be interesting how many big clubs go after coaches that have byes. In order to help the shortcomings of a clubs bye situation at this time.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 3743
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by TatonkaBurger 13/01/16, 09:02 am

There are many questions to be answered. I am glad they are having that coaches meeting later this month.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4850
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by My Money Pit 13/01/16, 11:00 am

What LHGCL just did was shift the focus of discontent/anger (of parents/players) from themselves (which is what would have happened if they made a definitive decision, because all coaches would have pointed angry parents to that decision as to why they have to leave the team now.) to the clubs/coaches, because it is now their "CHOICE" that is why someone's dd can't play there anymore. This ingenious move will cause them more work in cleaning up after the chaos, but shifts that focus of blame to the evil clubs and mean, self serving coaches (not that there are any...). It's borderline brilliant.
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 3461
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by My Money Pit 13/01/16, 11:06 am

I hope everyone remembers that this will hit every age group. The 05's were just used as an example for the byes. The only definitive thing that came from this "decision" is the the 05 age pure will have a QT, the only question remains is for how many spots?
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 3461
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by SD69 13/01/16, 11:12 am

This could make for a VERY busy QT if most 05 teams move their byes up with their older kids. Worst case scenario would be 30 '06 spots and 30 '05 spots. That is a lot of extra games.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 5127
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Skeets06g 13/01/16, 11:43 am

My Money Pit wrote:I hope everyone remembers that this will hit every age group. The 05's were just used as an example for the byes. The only definitive thing that came from this "decision" is the the 05 age pure will have a QT, the only question remains is for how many spots?

Questions:

1) Will 05's have a D1, D2, & D3?

2) Assuming Byes for Divisions will be based on how teams finish the current season? If all teams stay in 05, Top 10 will form D1, 11-20 will form D2, and then there is a D3 qualifying for remaining teams, right?

3) Say 9 out of 10 top finishing 05 teams, stay 05, does the 11th finishing team have the option for the 10th spot?

Guess I am not clear on how QT for 05 will work. Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.
Skeets06g
Skeets06g
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 6
Points : 3986
Join date : 2012-01-11

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Lyin Ted 13/01/16, 01:37 pm

Skeets06g wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:I hope everyone remembers that this will hit every age group. The 05's were just used as an example for the byes. The only definitive thing that came from this "decision" is the the 05 age pure will have a QT, the only question remains is for how many spots?

Questions:  

1) Will 05's have a D1, D2, & D3?

2) Assuming Byes for Divisions will be based on how teams finish the current season?  If all teams stay in 05, Top 10 will form D1, 11-20 will form D2, and then there is a D3 qualifying for remaining teams, right?

3) Say 9 out of 10 top finishing 05 teams, stay 05, does the 11th finishing team have the option for the 10th spot?

Guess I am not clear on how QT for 05 will work.  Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

Your questions are good and the answer is probably could be. The April 30th deadline should be when they will have the information that would decide that.

The real questions are based on your DD's age and what her club has and what are they going to do.

Example: If your DD is looking at playing on a 16th ranked 05 bye team. I would think if 2 teams move to 04 than her team would probably land at 14th in 05. That's a D1 bye I would think.

Here is the 05 platform for an example. How many teams in the 05's are going to take option A or B in D1 and D3?

-Sting has 6 D1 05 Lake Highland Teams and 2 D3
-FC Dallas has 3D1 Lake Highland Teams and 1 D3
-Andramada has 3 D1 Lake Highland Teams
-Dallas Texans have 2 D1 Lake Highland Teams and 1 D3

All other clubs have 1 or 2 byes or even worse none at all which will just have to pray that everyone takes option B in the 05 age group.I would think that the amount of spots available for new teams to qualify will be impacted by how many clubs take option A or B.

The tough thing is will the clubs show there cards are will they wait until the last second.

Of coarse this is all speculation. But its the only thing that we have to work with that makes some sense in this mess.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 3743
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Homeboy 13/01/16, 10:53 pm

Juice Box wrote:
Skeets06g wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:I hope everyone remembers that this will hit every age group. The 05's were just used as an example for the byes. The only definitive thing that came from this "decision" is the the 05 age pure will have a QT, the only question remains is for how many spots?

Questions:  

1) Will 05's have a D1, D2, & D3?

2) Assuming Byes for Divisions will be based on how teams finish the current season?  If all teams stay in 05, Top 10 will form D1, 11-20 will form D2, and then there is a D3 qualifying for remaining teams, right?

3) Say 9 out of 10 top finishing 05 teams, stay 05, does the 11th finishing team have the option for the 10th spot?

Guess I am not clear on how QT for 05 will work.  Sorry if I missed it in a previous post.

Your questions are good and the answer is probably could be. The April 30th deadline should be when they will have the information that would decide that.

The real questions are based on your DD's age and what her club has and what are they going to do.

Example: If your DD is looking at playing on a 16th ranked 05 bye team. I would think if 2 teams move to 04 than her team would probably land at 14th in 05. That's a D1 bye I would think.

Here is the 05 platform for an example. How many teams in the 05's are going to take option A or B in D1 and D3?

-Sting has 6 D1 05 Lake Highland Teams and 2 D3
-FC Dallas has 3D1 Lake Highland Teams and 1 D3
-Andramada has 3 D1 Lake Highland Teams
-Dallas Texans have 2 D1 Lake Highland Teams and 1 D3

All other clubs have 1 or 2 byes or even worse none at all which will just have to pray that everyone takes option B in the 05 age group.I would think that the amount of spots available for new teams to qualify will be impacted by how many clubs take option A or B.

The tough thing is will the clubs show there cards are will they wait until the last second.

Of coarse this is all speculation. But its the only thing that we have to work with that makes some sense in this mess.

dont think andro or fcd will have that many D1 byes when the season is done. only the top 8 will be D1?

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=46601&GroupID=455196&Gender=Girls&Age=11
Homeboy
Homeboy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 38
Points : 4904
Join date : 2009-08-12

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Lyin Ted 14/01/16, 07:04 am

Homeboy could be correct if no one takes option B that finishes above FCD and Andro.

The real question is how many teams ranked above them take option B. I know 2 of the top 3 ranked teams have 80% 04's and I would think that they will take there bye with the 04s.

All it takes is 2 to take option B with where they stand today and FCD is #3 and Andro is #9.

What a mess and another deadline. At least this deadline narrows down some options for the younger 05's.

I was going to buy LH Soccer and fix this mess if I won the lottery last night. I guess that we will just have to wait on the new deadlines! Crying or Very sad

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 3743
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Blues Fan 14/01/16, 08:39 am



I think LHGCL will have to rewrite Option A.

"Option A. - Advance your bye naturally.
(Ex. U11 team advances to U12). If this choice is made, your team would be classified by your youngest player. For example, a current 05 team roster which may contain 04 players can only register players containing 05 birth year and younger players. However it is important to note, your current 04 players would not be eligible for this roster/age group."

What happens if an '06 joins that 05 team, are they now classified as an '06 team because "your team would be classified by your youngest player"? Clear as mud!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 3531
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by tpitty 14/01/16, 08:45 am

In the example you need to remember, that 06's aren't eligible. They wouldn't be on the existing roster for advancing the bye. That would be determined in April. 06's wouldn't be additions to rosters until signing/post qualifying.

Once a kid qualifies, they can play up as far as they want. Just not play down past their age group, but they have to pass the qualifying period first.


Last edited by tpitty on 14/01/16, 08:53 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : im still asleep or drunk)

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 4967
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by KeeperCommander 14/01/16, 08:51 am

Blues Fan wrote:

I think LHGCL will have to rewrite Option A.

"Option A. - Advance your bye naturally.
(Ex. U11 team advances to U12). If this choice is made, your team would be classified by your youngest player. For example, a current 05 team roster which may contain 04 players can only register players containing 05 birth year and younger players. However it is important to note, your current 04 players would not be eligible for this roster/age group."

What happens if an '06 joins that 05 team, are they now classified as an '06 team because "your team would be classified by your youngest player"? Clear as mud!
Just because a team plays up does not mean they are classified as that age group. An 05 team that plays up in 04 is not an 04 team. It's the same for a player playing up. It is just saying what age group makes such a classification.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 5053
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by ollyollyoxenfree 14/01/16, 09:36 am

If I'm understanding this all correctly and just using Sting as an example:

Quote from JuiceBox: -Sting has 6 D1 05 Lake Highland Teams and 2 D3

It doesn't appear there are going to be 6 D1 04 byes for these 6 05 teams to move into if they choose option B. Sting is going to be lucky to get one 04 team bye in D1 at the end of the season. The 3 04 D1 teams (Hilton ,Gutierrez, & Piper) are sitting at #10 , #11 & #15 right now and only the top 9 make D1.

Am I correct on this?

ollyollyoxenfree
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 3185
Join date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Lyin Ted 14/01/16, 09:54 am

ollyollyoxenfree wrote:If I'm understanding this all correctly and just using Sting as an example:

Quote from JuiceBox: -Sting has 6 D1 05 Lake Highland Teams and 2 D3

It doesn't appear there are going to be 6 D1 04 byes for these 6 05 teams to move into if they choose option B. Sting is going to be lucky to get one 04 team bye in D1 at the end of the season. The 3 04 D1 teams (Hilton ,Gutierrez, & Piper) are sitting at #10 , #11 & #15  right now and only the top 9 make D1.

Am I correct on this?

You are correct. None of us know 100% what all the clubs are going to do. The 3 teams that you stated could be #7,#8 and #12 if just 3 teams take the option B/04 bye ranked above them. It would all shuffle up.

The crazy thing will actually be with the 04 group up. They will have 2 factors that the 05 group does not have. 05's taking option B and going to 04's and 04's taking option A and stay put. 04's, 03's and up will be a little more complex!

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 3743
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by ollyollyoxenfree 14/01/16, 10:05 am

Juice Box wrote:
ollyollyoxenfree wrote:If I'm understanding this all correctly and just using Sting as an example:

Quote from JuiceBox: -Sting has 6 D1 05 Lake Highland Teams and 2 D3

It doesn't appear there are going to be 6 D1 04 byes for these 6 05 teams to move into if they choose option B. Sting is going to be lucky to get one 04 team bye in D1 at the end of the season. The 3 04 D1 teams (Hilton ,Gutierrez, & Piper) are sitting at #10 , #11 & #15  right now and only the top 9 make D1.

Am I correct on this?

You are correct. None of us know 100% what all the clubs are going to do. The 3 teams that you stated could be #7,#8 and #12 if just 3 teams take the option B/04 bye ranked above them. It would all shuffle up.

The crazy thing will actually be with the 04 group up. They will have 2 factors that the 05 group does not have. 05's taking option B and going to 04's and 04's taking option A and stay put. 04's, 03's and up will be a little more complex!

K-thx! Can't imagine any Club will make any decisions on byes until LH games are finished around April 23rd. That gives the Clubs a week to decide until the deadline. Shocked Shocked

ollyollyoxenfree
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 13
Points : 3185
Join date : 2014-04-02

Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Guest 14/01/16, 11:15 am

olly - your assumption that clubs will decide after LH games end in April is sound, as long as the LH schedule doesn't get extended. Clubs will most likely have to decide between option a/b before final divisions are set and all games have been played.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by Guest 14/01/16, 12:41 pm

Respectfully disagree. I think most clubs and teams will look at it solely from the standpoint of current roster makeup, and how they plan on handling the transition to calendar year.

The "big" clubs, with multiple teams practicing out of their primary locations, (i.e. Sting Dallas, Texans and Texans South, FCD teams at Frisco) are going to shuffle their rosters to age pure across all age groups quickly. Mainly because they can, and because there is a competitive advantage to doing so.

Smaller clubs, independents, and "directional" teams (i.e. Sting North, FCD East, etc...) are going to decide based on their roster makeup - if the roster has more than 3 or 4 older players on it, they will almost certainly move up a year in order to stay together, (Texans South is probably one exception to this, as they have strong teams and coaching continuity across multiple age groups, and I am hearing that they are planning to realign their rosters to age pure over the summer).

Either way, it's going to be a bit of a mess for a year or two until "natural selection" works it way through and players and teams reshuffle and migrate to their appropriate competitive level. Although I think LHGCL created themselves some additional headaches that aren't really worth it with the Option A/B plan. IMO, Boys CL is handling it the best and most logical way.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

North Texas Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: North Texas Meeting

Post by wittymgr 14/01/16, 03:28 pm

The voice of reason (as usual)...

I concur with your conclusion and hope the clubs and coaches do what is best for the players, but that is always up for interpretation, isn't it?
bwgophers wrote:Respectfully disagree.  I think most clubs and teams will look at it solely from the standpoint of current roster makeup, and how they plan on handling the transition to calendar year.

The "big" clubs, with multiple teams practicing out of their primary locations, (i.e. Sting Dallas, Texans and Texans South, FCD teams at Frisco) are going to shuffle their rosters to age pure across all age groups quickly.  Mainly because they can, and because there is a competitive advantage to doing so.

Smaller clubs, independents, and "directional" teams (i.e. Sting North, FCD East, etc...) are going to decide based on their roster makeup - if the roster has more than 3 or 4 older players on it, they will almost certainly move up a year in order to stay together, (Texans South is probably one exception to this, as they have strong teams and coaching continuity across multiple age groups, and I am hearing that they are planning to realign their rosters to age pure over the summer).

Either way, it's going to be a bit of a mess for a year or two until "natural selection" works it way through and players and teams reshuffle and migrate to their appropriate competitive level.  Although I think LHGCL created themselves some additional headaches that aren't really worth it with the Option A/B plan.  IMO, Boys CL is handling it the best and most logical way.
wittymgr
wittymgr
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 5303
Join date : 2009-05-16

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum