North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04 North Texas Cup... - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

04 North Texas Cup...

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

04 North Texas Cup... - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 North Texas Cup...

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 09:02 am

Cleansheets wrote:
go99 wrote:oh and to be fair his DD might be better than yours.  She is one hell of a player (he absence alone has been part of the dip in form for LP) .  DOn't know who yours is so tuff to tell

Let me quote Ogre from Revenge of The Nerds, "I'll second it". Best CB I have seen.

SOAP make sure that check is payable to Cleansheets. Wink

Spot on....
Like when the Vikings lost AP...accept on Defense

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 11/05/16, 09:15 am

WhySeauxSerious wrote:SOAP....
Go99...
Sheets...

Im very disappointed in you all!!

Yall cant tell that SoccerPo'boy is back in the saddle?

Reincarnation you saying, huh??
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowcard5 11/05/16, 09:18 am

Is all this arguing over the most recent state cup where the champion won both the semi-finals and finals in penalty kicks?

Reading this makes it seem like the champion walked over both opponents and was offered very little competition. Can't we just congratulate them and move on? Is winning two games from penalty kicks enough for the chest thumping that is going on?

yellowcard5
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 11/05/16, 09:42 am

yellowcard5 wrote:Is all this arguing over the most recent state cup where the champion won both the semi-finals and finals in penalty kicks?

Reading this makes it seem like the champion walked over both opponents and was offered very little competition.  Can't we just congratulate them and move on?  Is winning two games from penalty kicks enough for the chest thumping that is going on?

Why stop there? This entire year is basically a drop in the bucket.

Congrats to all and good luck this next year, especially to those whose daughters were forced to skip their U13 year in the name of "development".

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by progressiveparent 11/05/16, 10:16 am

Congrats to LW and his girls.  

All of them.

progressiveparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kegsmen 11/05/16, 11:29 am

WisdomTeeth wrote:You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.

Ok coach, let's go with that.
kegsmen
kegsmen
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 11:48 am

KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

In summary, LW versus Elite coaching is a wash, but LW can recruit better than Elite. You can blame it on ECNL, bigger club, etc, but what is wrong with the recruiting engine at Elite? I would think the badge of "#1 Team in the Country" would have enough juice to get top talent. I think you need to figure out why the door is only swinging in one direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 12:33 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:
go99 wrote:If you just want to ask or highlight that LW can coach then yes he can.  My DD started with him and Texans and turned into the top academy team only to have the team stolen by DM.  No problem just start over from scratch and build the top team again at LP.  Over the years we watched as a core of original girls developed together to make the top team in the nation at one point.  We lost a few friends over the years to other top teams and had a few new ones join.  This was not a team built thru recruitment but by a consistent, well taught and developed core roster.  LW did it the hard was and it has lasted even after he was gone.  It was a tough year of ups and downs (certainly more downs than they are used too) but they still managed to overcome and win CL and finalist in statecup.  So yes LW can coach (it breaks my heart that little girls today aren't lucky enough to have the same development my dd did when she was young.) the fact that there are no new little Weddlites coming out in NTX is a loss for soccer here.  This game didn't prove he could coach, neither team does either.  Just look at the list of girls on several of the top teams and keep an eye on the things they go on to do and there you will see the fact that he can coach.

That top team was built through recruiting over time as much as development. How many players are left from the beginning, you should know? Please don't get into a debate with me over coaching pedigree or development. One mark of a good coach IMO is to be able to do more with less. With respect to the team you've been on, I don't think he ever demonstrated that. I hope to say more about the current coach at a later time. I for one am very fortunate that my dd did not have the same development as yours, I believe she is better for it. Pattern play looks good in the win-loss column when  you have superior talent. You are right, that game did not prove he could coach, to the contrary IMO. Oh, with respect to the girls on the top teams to keep an eye on, I can provide examples to keep an eye on (one of whom I know very well - oops she doesn't count, she wasn't on a top team) of those who never played for him that the same thing could be said about. I guess one question I could ask is, why are those girls on other teams?

In summary, LW versus Elite coaching is a wash, but LW can recruit better than Elite. You can blame it on ECNL, bigger club, etc, but what is wrong with the recruiting engine at Elite?  I would think the badge of "#1 Team in the Country" would have enough juice to get top talent.  I think you need to figure out why the door is only swinging in one direction.

Thats a well worded question....

My theory. If ya met him (LW)...quite charismatic and you'll buy what he is selling. Especially if you are in the least bit interested. I think if you kept up with 04 soccer these past 4 years or so, you cant help but look at LP Elite and attribute their success to LW. I go back to the time Tampa Bay Buccaneers won the Super Bowl...everyone knows that was Dungys team.
You look at Elites record previous to this year and select...flawless. Only 1 loss to D'Feeters in PLD then briefly into select he parts ways? Elite goes on to rack up
the tournament wins and state cup and league....
and now...even though still successful, it appears, and notice i said "appears" to look like the team is on a downward spiral. Not a plummet but a spiral. a spiral could be slow...but still downward.

Besides....who knows what this upcoming season will bring. A lot of confused parents and coaches so that may be cloggin up the engine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/05/16, 12:40 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
WhySeauxSerious wrote:SOAP....
Go99...
Sheets...

Im very disappointed in you all!!

Yall cant tell that SoccerPo'boy is back in the saddle?

Reincarnation you saying, huh??

What a blast from the past. Ohh the good ole days. What ever happened to Soccer Pooh Boy, KixR4kids and P dub? Hmmmm....I guess we'll never know Wink

Back to top Go down

04 North Texas Cup... - Page 4 Empty T

Post by KnKsDad 11/05/16, 12:54 pm

WisdomTeeth wrote:
KnKsDad wrote:

You either have no clue what you are talking about OR have an ax to grind. LW's success at DT/LP/FCD has been down to his coaching abilities, nothing less. Obviously he started winning early so this helped quality players gravitate to him with the RASE group. But in a tough environment with very demanding parents he created the #1 team in the country, and kept them at the top for years.
Now, in terms of your comment about him not being able to do more with less, well you may not have noticed that he also took what was considered a lowly second team and made it a State Champion this past weekend.
The top two teams in LHGCL - LW kids. The top two teams in State Cup - LW kids. I think you should give credit where credit is due. No-one is perfect, but this guy obviously knows what he is doing. I don't think an MLS club would have given him the keys to the house in terms of tasking him to develop their ECNL teams for them if he didn't.

I've been around this age group for a minute myself. With respect to axe to grind, if that means offering an opposing opinion on behalf of myself and anyone else who may not want to exaggerate the coaching/development prowess of someone while diminishing the impact of the talent of the players he acquired or fell into his lap.

Lowly 2nd team? Ha, your sarcasm reminds me of me. A team that has basically been ranked top 3-5 in the age group for 4 yrs, who added arguably the top forward in the age group this past summer...with all that great coaching wins a game in PK's after two O/T's vs a team that was playing with 11 players, with a field player playing GK (and did an excellent job by the way) due to injury to the starting keeper, minus arguably the best center back in the age group and some on here want to elevate the status of the winning coach/team to the discredit of the losing team. Congratulations to the winners, but let's not get carried away.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Coach 11/05/16, 01:38 pm

You forgot to use the "tall grass" excuse.
Twisted Evil

Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dec2020 13/05/16, 09:57 am

There is no doubt LW is an amazing coach. There was a good showing and many talented players at the Jr ECNL tryouts. Question- What happens to the players that tried out and won't make the Jr ECNL team? Will most just go back to their current teams? Anyone know if the other FCD coaches that were there were just assisting in the tryouts or are they recruiting for their teams as well?

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/05/16, 10:43 am

They are there to recruit.

Back to top Go down

Post by FCsoccer1 13/05/16, 12:16 pm

Let me give it to you straight... there were four practice fields at the end of practice.  Two with goals and two with nets.  If your DD was on the nets side, that was NO GOOD.  Oh... and you have not received a call,, don't come back.
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dec2020 13/05/16, 12:22 pm

Just was wondering who had any answers to my questions which you didn't .

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KnKsDad 15/05/16, 10:01 am

Josey Wales answered your question regarding the assisting coaches. Your other question regarding what happens to the other players who won't make the team seems to be sort of a no brainer type question, no disrespect. Not sure what type answer you are looking for. I would think it goes without saying that it's up to the parents and respective players as to what they are going to do. Also, I would hope that feedback was provided freely, and if not, then requested regarding the level of skill of a particular player so as to get some guidance/direction moving forward.

KnKsDad
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dec2020 15/05/16, 11:39 am

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback.

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4