North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs??? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs???

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs??? - Page 3 Empty Re: So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs???

Post by RightWingDad 21/05/16, 01:25 pm

bwgophers wrote:
go99 wrote:Hmmm I prefer the term longball

Parents dig the longball...

Yes they do. "Send It!"

RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs??? - Page 3 Empty Re: So at Liverpool "Elite" equals less costs???

Post by Guest 21/05/16, 03:06 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Yes they do. "Send It!"

Let's put an end to the bootball/kickball/longball discussion, and let's get back to hating on LFS Elite. It is way more entertaining than trying to figure out who is "more of a possession team."

I gotta say though, posting a Liverpool recruiting communication is bushleague. What do you expect them to say....We have mediocre coaches, second rate facilities and our team is losing all their top talent; come join us!!

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/05/16, 05:50 pm

Shake_and_Bake wrote:
RightWingDad wrote:
bwgophers wrote:

Yes they do. "Send It!"

Let's put an end to the bootball/kickball/longball discussion, and let's get back to hating on LFS Elite.  It is way more entertaining than trying to figure out who is "more of a possession team."  

I gotta say though, posting a Liverpool recruiting communication is bushleague.  What do you expect them to say....We have mediocre coaches, second rate facilities and our team is losing all their top talent; come join us!!  

I think that pitch would work with a 50% discount.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/05/16, 06:35 pm

LP should have just bought DeFeeters.

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 21/05/16, 06:38 pm

Gaining a discount on fees due to a player's quality (and not due to financial need) is a no-doubt-about-it NCAA violation.
While it is unlikely to happen, if the NCAA read this initial post about one of it's student athletes in the future, they would undoubtedly investigate and, if it was true, any player who accepted it would be disqualified.
I would tread VERY carefully before I jeapordized any future scholarship or college opportunities for my DD before I accepted money/discounts due to her skill level.

The $600 now isn't worth risking a $100,000 scholarship later.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Can_I_Kick_It? 21/05/16, 06:56 pm

NCAA violation! They would need facts and not hear say. Yall need to quit! Colleges have been paying players in one way or another for years and guess what, it'll never stop! Who the hell cares! Just mind you and yours damnit!

Can_I_Kick_It?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/05/16, 06:58 pm

timmyh wrote:Gaining a discount on fees due to a player's quality (and not due to financial need) is a no-doubt-about-it NCAA violation.
While it is unlikely to happen, if the NCAA read this initial post about one of it's student athletes in the future, they would undoubtedly investigate and, if it was true, any player who accepted it would be disqualified.
I would tread VERY carefully before I jeapordized any future scholarship or college opportunities for my DD before I accepted money/discounts due to her skill level.

Ohh plllease...a club offering an entire team a discount is their prerogative. This is a 12 yr old pay to play model. Comm..on man. You're obviously not an ncaa rules official. If the price were the same to play at all clubs...,wouldn't that be called collusion?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 21/05/16, 07:04 pm

Can_I_Kick_It? wrote:NCAA violation! They would need facts and not hear say. Yall need to quit! Colleges have been paying players in one way or another for years and guess what, it'll never stop! Who the hell cares! Just mind you and yours damnit!

No doubt they would need proof. But if you know anything about the NCAA, it doen't require a court of law level of proof. Just a preponderance of evidence that a player recoeved compensation due to skill level. This coming to light would be unlikely, as it happens regularly. But players lose eligibility due to this EXACT situation all the time.
The person who posted this is a jerk and jeapordized the future of the kids on this team. Not cool. Tread carefully.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 21/05/16, 07:10 pm

soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:Gaining a discount on fees due to a player's quality (and not due to financial need) is a no-doubt-about-it NCAA violation.

Ohh plllease...a club offering an entire team a discount is their prerogative. This is a 12 yr old pay to play model.  Comm..on man. You're obviously not an ncaa rules official. If the price were the same to play at all clubs...,wouldn't that be called collusion?  

No, giving discounts to a subset of players over others due to skill level is, in the NCAA's eyes, paying them. Don't shoot the messenger. Read the NCAA rules.

This isn't because it is cheaper than another club, it is because they are getting a specific discount within the club for no reason other than the fact they are good. That is the key point. You can argue that these kids get a discount due to less expensive coaching or field use as compared to another team at the club, but we all know that probably isn't the case here. These kids get a discount because they are really good. That isn't illegal, but it would rule a girl ineligible to play in college if it was uncovered.

I am not interested in arguing and this will be my last post in this thread, just genuinely pointing out the truth of the situation.

Last edited by timmyh on 21/05/16, 07:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/05/16, 07:14 pm

timmyh wrote:
Can_I_Kick_It? wrote:NCAA violation! They would need facts and not hear say. Yall need to quit! Colleges have been paying players in one way or another for years and guess what, it'll never stop! Who the hell cares! Just mind you and yours damnit!

No doubt they would need proof. But if you know anything about the NCAA, it doen't require a court of law level of proof. Just a preponderance of evidence that a player recoeved compensation due to skill level.  This coming to light would be unlikely, as it happens regularly.  But players lose eligibility due to this EXACT situation all the time.
The person who posted this is a jerk and jeapordized the future of the kids on this team. Not cool.  Tread carefully.

This is a joke. Kids are offered scholarships all the time to come play for a team.

Last edited by soccerjack on 21/05/16, 07:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 21/05/16, 07:21 pm

soccerjack wrote:
timmyh wrote:

No doubt they would need proof. But if you know anything about the NCAA, it doen't require a court of law level of proof. Just a preponderance of evidence that a player recoeved compensation due to skill level.  This coming to light would be unlikely, as it happens regularly.  But players lose eligibility due to this EXACT situation all the time.
The person who posted this is a jerk and jeapordized the future of the kids on this team. Not cool.  Tread carefully.

This is a joke. Kids are offered scholarships all the time to come play for a team.

Yep. It happens all the time. Always very quietly because, unless it is financial need based, it would rule a kid ineligible to play in college.  That's why the OP is a jerk. It is unlikely every player on this team qualifies for financial needs, but are instead given $660 plus five tournament fees paid for and a free kit that isn't given to all other players at the club, solely because they are pretty good at soccer.
Again, not illegal, but it would ruin any college eligibility if it came to the NCAA's attention.
NCAA rules are stupid, but they are what they are.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/05/16, 08:04 pm

Not at Notre Dame...cuz you know that's GODs' team. cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by kick_tha_ball 21/05/16, 08:33 pm

timmyh wrote:
soccerjack wrote:

Ohh plllease...a club offering an entire team a discount is their prerogative. This is a 12 yr old pay to play model.  Comm..on man. You're obviously not an ncaa rules official. If the price were the same to play at all clubs...,wouldn't that be called collusion?  

No, giving discounts to a subset of players over others due to skill level is, in the NCAA's eyes, paying them. Don't shoot the messenger. Read the NCAA rules.

This isn't because it is cheaper than another club, it is because they are getting a specific discount within the club for no reason other than the fact they are good. That is the key point. You can argue that these kids get a discount due to less expensive coaching or field use as compared to another team at the club, but we all know that probably isn't the case here. These kids get a discount because they are really good. That isn't illegal, but it would rule a girl ineligible to play in college if it was uncovered.

I am not interested in arguing and this will be my last post in this thread, just genuinely pointing out the truth of the situation.

So your saying that no kid on Coach K's "college" roster never got anything discounted or free when he was 12yrs old. The NCAA ain't looking into what "benefits" a 12yr old soccer player is getting. If they were college athletics would be dead.
kick_tha_ball
kick_tha_ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/05/16, 08:35 pm

Okay I'm not buying the entire AAU basketball system is based on top kids getting scholarshiped, equipment for free, travel expenses covered and often covered by companies like nike and they still play college. Our NCAA rules official sounds fishy. Either not a full understanding of the rules or just trying to stir something up that isn't there. Could you please post the specific rule you are referring too?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 21/05/16, 08:39 pm

Oh and outside of Texas there are travel teams that are funded because they are good. Now maybe if Liverpool was to provide direct compensation to the players you could have something. Fcd academy players have cost covered other fcd players do not. This is not new and the amount isnt even close to the other amounts
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 21/05/16, 09:00 pm

timmyh wrote:

Not trying to "stir the pot", but how many girls do you know of getting $100K scholarships to play in college?

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/soccer.html
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 21/05/16, 09:18 pm

Cleansheets wrote:

It's the Jesuits that do the dirty work for gods team.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dec2020 21/05/16, 09:55 pm

Could be wrong but Notre Dame isn't a Jesuit university. Love when our topics get a little off track Lol

Dec2020
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 21/05/16, 10:42 pm

soccerjack wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:

It's the Jesuits that do the dirty work for gods team.

It was an albino and the dwarf...wait, oh sorry that was from an old Chevy Chase movie. I think this thread has run out of steam and jumped the tracks.

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 22/05/16, 03:06 am

1. NCAA doesn't look at anything before 9th grade.
2. NCAA is interested in high school athletes getting money from institutions that are recruiting them or an outside agent or booster
3. Student athletes can receive scholarships as long as they don't exceed the value of the cost to play.

So yes LP can discount and call it a scholarship as long as little Suzy isn't pocketing cash from it.

And no Notre Dame is not a Jesuit University, it's a Catholic university run by the Congregation of the Holy Cross
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/05/16, 06:57 am

So I guess those $1,000,000 scholarships are safe
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 22/05/16, 09:53 am

go99 wrote:So I guess those $1,000,000 scholarships are safe

Well there is still the issue of the magic headbands
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 22/05/16, 10:02 am

ElClassico wrote:
go99 wrote:So I guess those $1,000,000 scholarships are safe

Well there is still the issue of the magic headbands

Omg. It was a bad joke that didn't work. I know nd is not Jesuit. Get back to worrying about 12 yr Suzie breaking ncaa rules.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 22/05/16, 10:39 am

Well the headbands are Jesuit so its okay with the NCAA rules
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 22/05/16, 11:19 am

go99 wrote:Well the headbands are Jesuit so its okay with the NCAA rules

Lp elite. The popes favorite team.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3