North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

JDL?? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

JDL??

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by RightWingDad 16/06/16, 02:11 pm

bwgophers wrote:

Andromeda has announced a merger with Solar.

Where did you see the Solar/Andro press release? I did not see it on either club site at a casual glance. I had heard about Mustangs/Texans merger.

RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 641
Join date : 2012-06-15

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by CBTeamworks 16/06/16, 02:17 pm

CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 361
Points : 3402
Join date : 2013-08-12

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by SD69 16/06/16, 02:34 pm

It also is posted on Solar Facebook page.
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1365
Points : 4724
Join date : 2012-11-05
Location : On the SW side, in soccer purgatory.

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by RightWingDad 16/06/16, 02:39 pm

I did like those Carolina blue kit's. Oh well.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 641
Points : 4132
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Pretty far removed from the touchline now

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Triumph FC 18/06/16, 04:33 am

RightWingDad wrote:I did like those Carolina blue kit's. Oh well.
Then come on over to Triumph, we had them long before Andromeda did! Wink
Triumph FC
Triumph FC
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 1796
Points : 6420
Join date : 2010-06-20

http://www.triumphfc.org

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Zizou 18/06/16, 08:01 am

Another independent club gone, given in, wanting more. Facilities and its location is a win for Solar. Also the president for Adromeda (waters) is the real deal. He will be able to project Solar into a mega club. Solar also needed coaches. Seems like a win win for both clubs.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by soccerdivahmom22 20/06/16, 03:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification on JDL...I am a parent who's dd wants to play soccer and get better and she could give a rip at this juncture about JDL...Pre-ECNL etc. I have had parents tell me I'm crazy for not jumping ship and having her in ODP and moving to a club that has the ECNL status. There are teams out there without the ECNL stat...that is kicking butt and taking names.

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 2000
Join date : 2016-06-19

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Guest 20/06/16, 04:14 pm

soccerdivahmom22 wrote:Thanks for the clarification on JDL...I am a parent who's dd wants to play soccer and get better and she could give a rip at this juncture about JDL...Pre-ECNL etc.  I have had parents tell me I'm crazy for not jumping ship and having her in ODP and moving to a club that has the ECNL status.  There are teams out there without the ECNL stat...that is kicking butt and taking names.

My unsolicited advice - focus on your DDs love and enjoyment of the game. Find a coach who believes in her potential, and can speak on her strengths and weaknesses as an individual player, not only for what she can or can't do for his/her team. Team success is great, and can add to her enjoyment, but don't be seduced by it.

The relationships and habits of her soccer peer group are more important than their wins and losses. The alphabet soup of leagues and elite programs is mostly noise. Her passion, coaching, training and peer group will matter 10 times more than the club name or a team's W/L record.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by ColtMcVince 21/06/16, 04:56 pm

I think finding a coach that will focus on the individual is only half the equation. IMO, you must also find a peer set that is at least on par with your own DD's ability. Now that things are being waters down from what we are used to, finding this is critical. Playing (or playing with) a bunch of smaller, younger, less talented girls isn't the challenge these girls need which translates in to them not being pushed then becoming bored.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 3262
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Can_I_Kick_It? 21/06/16, 08:28 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:I think finding a coach that will focus on the individual is only half the equation.  IMO, you must also find a peer set that is at least on par with your own DD's ability. Now that things are being waters down from what we are used to, finding this is critical.  Playing (or playing with) a bunch of smaller, younger, less talented girls isn't the challenge these girls need which translates in to them not being pushed then becoming bored.  

Did you only read half of what 4-3-3 typed?

Can_I_Kick_It?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 16
Points : 2015
Join date : 2016-05-09

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by ColtMcVince 21/06/16, 08:59 pm

Apologies if I misinterpreted. What I took from his use of peer group was more from the social aspect of it. I'm talking about ability. If that's what is being said, I agree.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 3262
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by soccerdivahmom22 21/06/16, 09:49 pm

4-3-3 wrote:
soccerdivahmom22 wrote:Thanks for the clarification on JDL...I am a parent who's dd wants to play soccer and get better and she could give a rip at this juncture about JDL...Pre-ECNL etc.  I have had parents tell me I'm crazy for not jumping ship and having her in ODP and moving to a club that has the ECNL status.  There are teams out there without the ECNL stat...that is kicking butt and taking names.

My unsolicited advice - focus on your DDs love and enjoyment of the game. Find a coach who believes in her potential, and can speak on her strengths and weaknesses as an individual player, not only for what she can or can't do for his/her team. Team success is great, and can add to her enjoyment, but don't be seduced by it.

The relationships and habits of her soccer peer group are more important than their wins and losses. The alphabet soup of leagues and elite programs is mostly noise. Her passion, coaching, training and peer group will matter 10 times more than the club name or a team's W/L record.

Thanks a million. Right now I feel that we have that, so I will stay with the status quo for now.

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 39
Points : 2000
Join date : 2016-06-19

Back to top Go down

JDL?? - Page 3 Empty Re: JDL??

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum