North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL 04 Girls Week 3Today at 10:35 amFriscoSoccer2004
Adding players if interested Yesterday at 11:08 pmbigred
Dual roster Yesterday at 11:02 pmResidentOne
ECNL-08Yesterday at 8:52 pmcenTex
05 TX Conference- Cabin Fever EditionYesterday at 3:47 pmMbappé7
Top ‘07 NTX Boys TeamsYesterday at 2:35 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
08G FDL ScheduleFri Sep 18, 2020 11:09 pm08GSoccerPRA
'11 B Looking for team - Richardson, Plano, Farmers BranchThu Sep 17, 2020 3:28 pmCameronbrown15
ECNL SchedulesThu Sep 17, 2020 3:03 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Sting 11G's in Trophy Club looking for a few more playersWed Sep 16, 2020 2:32 pmSting Alliance
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTERWed Sep 16, 2020 12:57 pmCccrushers
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTERWed Sep 16, 2020 9:10 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & FutsalWed Sep 16, 2020 7:46 amCccrushers
ECNL 04 Girls Week 2Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:06 pmCheckpoint Charlie
07 ECNLTue Sep 15, 2020 5:11 pmCheckpoint Charlie
MLS league 2008 boysTue Sep 15, 2020 1:39 pmSoccermom2888
06 ECNLTue Sep 15, 2020 1:05 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Renegades 2012G Central • MendozaTue Sep 15, 2020 8:02 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:56 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2014/15G • Central DivisionTue Sep 15, 2020 7:50 amRenegades Soccer Club
What is the most challeging road block you have encountered Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:31 pmCheckpoint Charlie
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 13-15, 2020Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:43 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C THE ROCK - AUSTIN - Nov. 13-15, 2020Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:42 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 20-22Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:40 pmU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 4-6Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:34 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14513 registered users
The newest registered user is Soccerupnorth

Our users have posted a total of 200167 messages in 29413 subjects

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by soccerjack on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Rico S wrote:
Texas Champions League to begin Fall 2017







A formal announcement by US Club about the Texas Champions League was recently made which will include a new regional league component for our ECNL Composite Teams.

The Texas Champions League will give our participating teams the added benefit of a post season qualifying opportunity through the NPL Regionals and Nationals competition structure.
Read More








This is from a TSC emailed newsletter that seems to indicate that Champion's League will start Fall of 2017.  Mistake?

Contracts are signed. 2016...2017 who cares.

soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Teufel Hunden on Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:51 pm

I am not sure where that information is posted at, but if this league is postponed a full year, there will be lots of very unhappy players and parents as I predicted back on my 6/22 post due to the lack of clarity and transparency.
Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 29
Points : 1580
Join date : 2016-06-22

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by abc000 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:06 pm


CHARLESTON, S.C. (Via US Club Soccer) – The United Soccer Clubs and Lake Highlands Girls Classic League have partnered to create the Texas Champions League, a regional girls league that will join the NPL for the 2016-17 season. The Texas Champions League includes U-14 through U-18 clubs from south Texas, north Texas and Oklahoma.

From SoccerWire you dweebs. Clearly states 2016-17 season.

abc000
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 40
Points : 1686
Join date : 2016-03-22

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Marvelousmar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:21 am

verified by locking at the NATIONAL PREMIER league website. Link not up yet but you can see Champions leagur has entered NPL. League starting to have a Texas presence. With Central League having City FC and Liverpool as local members and now LH Champuoms teams. Shooting forna trip to NPL finals. Looks like a continuous change in the landscape.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 439
Points : 4323
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Teufel Hunden on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:38 am

Okay, let me clarify the initial statement; What abc000 states is correct (not the dweeb part), however, US Soccer made the announcement on June 28th. The point of my initial statement was that there hasn't been any movement in regards to this new league since then. By now, clubs should have a clear understanding where to register their teams / rules and regulations, etc...more specifically, the teams identified as "composite" teams to where all these players migrated to. All this has caused players migrating to Champion League clubs with the hope and future of an ECNL / DA spot possibility, leaving many clubs in LH and lower leagues such as PPL and APL depleted of players not to mention depleted of quality. So, from the responses that have taken place so far on this forum, there is no new information other than that we will have a CHL league in some way or form. And yes, the partnership has been declared with NPL, but it still leaves us in the same position. The link is not up....the questions is why? Is LH/NPL going to try to make rules as they go? Examples of burning questions: Are the 3 top LH teams from the prior LH season playing both CHL and LH schedules? If not, how will they handle relegation and promotion? The ECNL clubs have automatic bye into CHL....so what if an ECNL team finishes at the bottom or below a LH team in CHL?...will the LH team still be relegated back to LH? I am just scatter-shooting here...but I hope you get my point that the season (LH and ECNL) are upon us and with so many players in "composite" teams, I am sure they want to know where, when and how much will they actually play. Solid sources from a couple of the big clubs have stated that LH has been very silent on the subject.
Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 29
Points : 1580
Join date : 2016-06-22

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by ItsMeAgain on Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:35 am

Teufel Hunden wrote:What is going on with the Champions League? I am surprised that not much information or questioning is taking place on this forum.

LH has not provided any guidelines / rules on how this new league will operate (League start, LH team invitation / relegation, LH teams playing 2 leagues or only CHL, etc.). In the mean time, many players / families opted to tryout / be part of a Champions League team with the hope and promise of being "closer" and/or to be noticed for an future ECNL or DA spot leaving the LH D1/D2/D3 with some teams "still looking" for 1 or 2 "quality" players. I know of at least 3 players of big clubs where re-evaluating their "composite" team options all the way up-to July 1st. I am speculation that there may have been some update on their status or promises made when the spots were awarded...but again, all speculation from my part.

Nonetheless, this player migration to Champions League teams will leave LH league hurting for quality. Forget about PPL and APL, those leagues are scrambling for players that left for open spots in LH teams, and if you attended any of the QT games....it is rec-select soccer (expensive) at this point where it will take a while (the younger age groups) to gain back the quality level that LH had prior to the introduction of AP and champions league, however, that is a separate subject altogether....Champions League please!!! Updated details please!! Anyone??!!

really??????????????????????????????? nothing marvelousmar and you other yahoo parents that were involved?????????????????????????????????????????????????  i make a similar comment a couple weeks ago and get crucified......................................now nothing.......................................hes 100% right by the way...................................................
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 204
Points : 2574
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by soccerjack on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 am

It's because it's you again.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3284
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by AtThePitch on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:20 am

Registration information was sent to teams this week. League websites go live next week.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 717
Points : 3961
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Marvelousmar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:35 am

It's because I don't take offense by folks believing it is rec soccer.  That's their position I have realized I'll never change the position and it's not my job.  All I know is there are folks I have seen playing in the higher leagues that would struggle to keep up with some of those folks playing "rec soccer"  I also know that there are folks that were provided byes into the league that probably would have difficulty playing some of those rec soccer teams.  It's me. Here is the thing I try to keep it real.  So here is my opinion on the whole subject.  There are more folks playing this beautiful game then ever before in America so that makes me extremely happy.  Kids should play it beats the dang Poke Go thing.  What league to me is nice but it's never been the be all and end all to me.  (I put my money where my mouth is as everyone has told me my kids should be playing at a "higher level blah blah blah)  The most important thing is does the child continue to develop and improve their game and does the child enjoy the game and the sessions every time they go out.  I put to my "rec" daughter a challenge we will see if she lives up to it.  Also put the same challenge to the team and individual players all the time.  

To your point there was some bad soccer played that weekend.  Partly because the process partly because of the quality. (all those matches in the heat has an effect on the product especially what's at state at each match) You know what though I have also seen bad soccer played in LH division 1 by some winners and good soccer payed some by losers heck the same for ECNL sides and some Regional leagues.  Heck I'd argue MLS has some bad soccer a lot of the times I go and watch.  Never really crucified you It's me.  I believe humans can have an intellectual conversation online without the need to name call and be upset because someone disagrees with them.  

Here's the thing I wish your DD and you all the best. I guess she plays ECNL be happy.  I know my kid only plays 5A  at high-school so maybe yours goes to a 6A school so most likely we will never meet.  But I'd love to watch your kid play against mine one day.  She enjoys the challenge of going against the best and making them look silly sometimes and also if she gets beat trying to raise her game.  Isn't that what everyone is trying to do.  

As I said before enjoy the ride whichever bus you choose to take.  The journey is sometimes the best part of the trip.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 439
Points : 4323
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by ItsMeAgain on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

soccerjack wrote:It's because it's you again.

walked in to that one................................ cheers cheers
ItsMeAgain
ItsMeAgain
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 204
Points : 2574
Join date : 2014-04-17

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Zizou on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:51 pm

Marvelousmar wrote:It's because I don't take offense by folks believing it is rec soccer.  That's their position I have realized I'll never change the position and it's not my job.  All I know is there are folks I have seen playing in the higher leagues that would struggle to keep up with some of those folks playing "rec soccer"  I also know that there are folks that were provided byes into the league that probably would have difficulty playing some of those rec soccer teams.  It's me. Here is the thing I try to keep it real.  So here is my opinion on the whole subject.  There are more folks playing this beautiful game then ever before in America so that makes me extremely happy.  Kids should play it beats the dang Poke Go thing.  What league to me is nice but it's never been the be all and end all to me.  (I put my money where my mouth is as everyone has told me my kids should be playing at a "higher level blah blah blah)  The most important thing is does the child continue to develop and improve their game and does the child enjoy the game and the sessions every time they go out.  I put to my "rec" daughter a challenge we will see if she lives up to it.  Also put the same challenge to the team and individual players all the time.  

To your point there was some bad soccer played that weekend.  Partly because the process partly because of the quality. (all those matches in the heat has an effect on the product especially what's at state at each match) You know what though I have also seen bad soccer played in LH division 1 by some winners and good soccer payed some by losers heck the same for ECNL sides and some Regional leagues.  Heck I'd argue MLS has some bad soccer a lot of the times I go and watch.  Never really crucified you It's me.  I believe humans can have an intellectual conversation online without the need to name call and be upset because someone disagrees with them.  

Here's the thing I wish your DD and you all the best. I guess she plays ECNL be happy.  I know my kid only plays 5A  at high-school so maybe yours goes to a 6A school so most likely we will never meet.  But I'd love to watch your kid play against mine one day.  She enjoys the challenge of going against the best and making them look silly sometimes and also if she gets beat trying to raise her game.  Isn't that what everyone is trying to do.  

As I said before enjoy the ride whichever bus you choose to take.  The journey is sometimes the best part of the trip.

DA and ECNL spots are always open for the taking. Bring her out!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5048
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Marvelousmar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:07 pm

Zizou. Might one of these days. If she wants to.

So no body misunderstands what I am saying because it seems like a common theme on this board. I believe soccer is set up for levels for a purpose. It generally allows the better talent to play with the better talent. Which is good for the better talent. What I will argue is the kid has to make the decision both from a want to and a desire before spending all the funds the traveling all over the country. It's important that systems are in place to always challenge kids weather they be the best or the least talented. As a dad and a coach of a pretty decent set of soccer players.( I know I am biased but take a look at both my kids and draw your own conclusion) I hear and see a lot of the arguments out there and have had long discussions on the topic of DA and ECNL. The problem I get is to me it is a couple of arguments. If an athlete is good enough to make a DA or ECNL spot is the want to there. Secondly my long standing argument to anyone it's not so much where you play versus that you play. And my other position that a kid improves more from training than playing in games. So I don't get the joy of just watching the game as much as measuring the talent around. As usual just enjoying watching all of my girls (from 1-19) grow in this game. Disappointed we didn't get into LH. ( Because then I too could be a everything that's not LH is rec parent LOL also from a recruiting stand point I could say the wonderful word to parents "do you want to play at a higher level?" ) Instead we will set some goals for the year and do our best to achieve them. If everyone improves which is goal one we will be a better team 9 months from now then where we started if we keep doing that every year. It's a win no matter what the result is. ( Hopefully a lot more wins can't take any more heartbreaks. LOL)
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 439
Points : 4323
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Teufel Hunden on Fri Aug 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Well...it looks like this thread has gone in a different direction from asking for the current status of the announced, but yet to exist CHL to the argument of how the quality of basically all leagues are or will be after the talent and numbers drain that the CHL has caused, further more to the discussion whether you should stay in a lower team and play and develop in training versus playing and training in a higher lever environment. Hopefully I got that right.

Marvelousmar, I like and respect your approach. As a licensed coach myself and growing up playing the game, I was very passionate of sticking with the right coach / team for my young little daughter back then because consistency was very important to me. Without going into our life steps here, what I want to say is that in my daughter's particular case, although she was touted as one of the better players in her team, I never saw her play to her potential until she played with same or better players than her. I knew she had it in her all this time, but we were enamored with the idea of sticking with the same coach and team and make QT and celebrate and live happily ever after. My mistake, we overstayed. Her old team has yet to reach LH in spite of the depletion of talent level due to AP and CHL. Please note that even though it was helpful to train my daughter myself, we were able to discover other soccer supporting training during her tenure with her old team that made her a better player, but was not able to show it consistently with her old low level team.

I am 100% in agreement when you state that there is a reason for having multiple soccer level options which in a way takes into account the "wanting" part. In your case, if your daughter does not seem to "want" to tryout (wanting alone does not guarantee a spot anywhere), then your daughter is in the right team / level that is comfortable. However, playing consistently with higher level teams and your daughter playing with players the same or better than her would in essence give you a much better idea of where she is from a development standpoint. In no way I am implying that you don't know, just stating my ideas here. Any lower level team can beat any other high level team once, and any player may have a great game versus a high level team once, but the key is on a consistent basis.

The Marine Corp is an elite unit not because each Marine as an individual is better than anyone else of the other branches of service, it is because the overall average of the corps is higher. The ongoing training required to become a Marine sets the standards. You cannot become a Marine if you don't "want" to become one. A battle will not be won (or compete) versus the Russian army if only one or two Marines are teamed up with militia that do not know or understand war tactics. Same goes in this case for soccer; if one player is head and shoulder above the rest, that player needs to be challenged in order to "up" his/her game. But here is where the "wanting" part that you mention becomes a factor and all other things that come with it, such as more time, dedication, extra training and for the parents, money.

Awesome that we have many soccer level choices in NTX where our daughters can fit in and take it as serious as they "want". In agreement with you again....it is not what us parents want, it is what our daughters "want". We are here as guides and our job is to steer our athletes in the right direct hopefully at the right time. Sometimes the "want" part comes too late, so we need to do our best to anticipate that.
Teufel Hunden
Teufel Hunden
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 29
Points : 1580
Join date : 2016-06-22

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by SantaFe on Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:30 am

good points by you two above. Marvelous, you sound like the kind of coach most of us would be fortunate to have for our daughters.

SantaFe
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 151
Points : 2776
Join date : 2013-08-19

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Tiki-taka on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:32 pm

AtThePitch wrote:Registration information was sent to teams this week. League websites go live next week.

Did the website go "live"? If so, any URL to share?
Tiki-taka
Tiki-taka
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 468
Points : 4173
Join date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by AtThePitch on Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:33 pm

Actually no... I should have known better.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 717
Points : 3961
Join date : 2011-12-18

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by MegaHoser on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Website basics are finally loaded (no schedule though): http://www.texaschampionsleague.org
MegaHoser
MegaHoser
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 21
Points : 3739
Join date : 2010-07-21

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Guest on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:39 pm

lol!

If you look closely enough, you'll see evidence that I've been the one pulling the strings behind TCL all along... Suspect

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by ForReal on Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:39 pm

bwgophers wrote:lol!

If you look closely enough, you'll see evidence that I've been the one pulling the strings behind TCL all along... Suspect

I had the same thought. Time for a bunch of Caddyshack references....

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 3625
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League - Page 3 Empty Re: Concerns about Composite/Champion’s League

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum