North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Yesterday at 05:02 pmsoccer712
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 202123/07/21, 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPEN23/07/21, 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC 23/07/21, 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $7523/07/21, 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available 23/07/21, 10:05 amAshlock09
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!23/07/21, 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)22/07/21, 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. 22/07/21, 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTON22/07/21, 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203250 messages in 30753 subjects

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 6 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by TulsaFootballDad 11/07/16, 11:09 am

Sho'Nuff wrote: I don't care enough about Clubs to belittle yours or any others.

My first sentence was referring to the four NTX DA spots only; I was hoping for less with no cares given to which Clubs were included.  

Got YA! Very Happy

TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 6 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by TulsaFootballDad 11/07/16, 11:12 am

Zizou wrote:We are smaller clubs and less population than Cali. Everyone has hurdles they must overcome. The word for the day should be consistency. NTX has its own problems with consistency at certain levels. Consolidation of players is the key, but with that said be careful what you wish for our DD's could be the ones looking in from the outside.

I hear you Zizou, it is scary but it seems the times, get more leagues make more money and hope and pray our DD is good enough. But in the end they are our DD's and only want our love.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/16, 11:22 am

go99 wrote:
Zizou wrote:My idea of development is to move all your teams consistently within the top five. U-17's have set the bar. It's time to run with their success across all levels.
Okay well your idea is wrong.  Get big, fast girls kick the ball hard, be aggressive and maybe add a special player up top and all of your teams will experience success.  Winning and development are not the same thing.

Now somebody tell me TSC is terrible at developing talent.  That their teams play a horrible style of play.  Tell me OKC is way better at it.  Give me something.  But if ALL you have is "look all of their teams don't win"  BTW a DA spot will bring in talent which should cure some of your concerns.  Players are migratory they will go where their needs are met.  To some degree so are coaches.  Organization, infrastructure are the hardest things to transfer.

Lol,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 11/07/16, 11:23 am

Gunners wrote:Four NTX DA clubs, huh..

Proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is, and always was, about the money for USSF.  An argument could be made that three clubs is too many, but four clubs is ridiculous.

100% agree $$$$$$

Wait till Round 3 - Everybody Gets In. This has set up a direct DA vs ECNL battle for dominance. Pretty clear now why USSF basically dismissed US Club in the initial discussions.

jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 11:25 am

Proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is, and always was, about the money for USSF.  An argument could be made that three clubs is too many, but four clubs is ridiculous.

You can't be serious? 3 was a minimum 4 was within reason. Ok lets say we capped the league at the first 25 teams announced. That now basically turns the league into a national league with girls regularly traveling all over the nation for regular league games. What about school? Who is supposed to pay for all that travel? Ahhh no worries you have the money to pay for it. So now you are back to the same problem. The only kids who can play are those with money. A problem they are trying to reduce. There has to be enough teams for the leagues to essentially be regional with national showcases twice a year. OH and to break you guys hearts the showcases will be friendly format with 3 games one day rest. Other than the playoffs which probably no playoffs until U16
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 11:28 am

jogobonito06 wrote:

100% agree $$$$$$

Wait till Round 3 - Everybody Gets In.  This has set up a direct DA vs ECNL battle for dominance.  Pretty clear now why USSF basically dismissed US Club in the initial discussions.

2 different objectives. ECNL is merely a showcase league and it does a great job at that. The DA is SUPPOSED to be a developmental league. Now I have no doubts that parents and clubs will corrupt it and turn it into nothing more that ECNL plus.

There is room for both. Not every kid should be in the DA some would have their needs better served by the ECNL. The DA is really set for a small minority and no it's not just the BEST kids
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 11/07/16, 11:32 am

I just want to pile on.

US News and World Report National University Rankings:

Top Public Colleges:
17 Texas at Austin
26 Texas A&M
52 Oklahoma
71 UT Dallas
79 Oklahoma State
91 Texas Tech
105 Houston
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/16, 11:37 am

@go99 you seem to be the know it all. How would your club be any different if they would have been given the nod?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 11/07/16, 11:42 am

CBTeamworks wrote:I just want to pile on.

US News and World Report National University Rankings:

Top Public Colleges:
17 Texas at Austin
26 Texas A&M
52 Oklahoma
71 UT Dallas
79 Oklahoma State
91 Texas Tech
105 Houston

Good schools!
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 11:45 am

I don't have a club. However for LP to be given the nod they would have had to apply and not saying they would be any different.

No for the record I am not the one saying this or that club doesn't deserve to be in. I am saying its more about the clubs that were miseed. 3 NTX clubs would have been okay (FCD, Texans, and the NEW solar (would have booted the old one) as long as you add an OKC team. so 2 in OK and 3 in NTX sounds about right but I have no problem with Sting being in. It is another opportunity for girls with talent and the desire
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 11:45 am

@zizou not all just most of it Smile
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/16, 12:07 pm

I agree,

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/16, 12:57 pm

Hope OFC gets DA. Hope you get 2 in from Houston. Hope ussf takes a queue from us club Champions league and sets aside a few spots in each region for individual teams to play their way in. 

I understand it's suppposed to be more about development, but you cant develop players and cut them off completely from any competitive, high pressure situations.  You could end up IDing practice players and miss finding the separation point between kids that excel under competitive pressure and those that dont. Competition is not mutually exclusive to development.

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 11/07/16, 01:02 pm

4-3-3 wrote:Hope OFC gets DA. Hope you get 2 in from Houston. Hope ussf takes a queue from us club Champions league and sets aside a few spots in each region for individual teams to play their way in. 

I understand it's suppposed to be more about development, but you cant develop players and cut them off completely from any competitive, high pressure situations.  You could end up IDing practice players and miss finding the separation point between kids that excel under competitive pressure and those that dont. Competition is not mutually exclusive to development.

No idea why OFC did not recieve ECNL or DA. But agree that would be
Good for competition in the state.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Vikarius_lee 11/07/16, 03:07 pm

Too many teams dilutes the talent pool. DA for development? Ok.
Vikarius_lee
Vikarius_lee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 11/07/16, 04:06 pm

So glad we're finally going to develop our young women soccer players. Now maybe we can close the gap between us and other countries. If AP doesn't do it, surely this will. Oh, wait...

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/ranking-table/women/index.html
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 04:09 pm

well soccer development is part science, part art, with luck mixed in. It has been honed around the world for decades. There are common threads and beliefs backed up by years of quantifiable results. So the problem here and in American in general is the idea that your beliefs and thoughts have as much merit as others knowledge and results. The wheel has been invented already we are just refusing to use it because we think it should be a square one.

kids are competitive by nature and without that they will not make it thru a developmental system. You think winning a game is pressure? How about the competitive pressure of every practice realizing that next year some kids will not be here and loyalty, connections, mommy and daddy with their money and coach ass kissing can't keep you on a team. the only thing that can is your own efforts and abilities. the two are not mutually exclusive but the people who have a history of success not just an opinion say that one hurts the other. Now you could be right but I will wait until you produce as many players as Barcelona befor I accept that.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 04:11 pm

Vikarius_lee wrote:Too many teams dilutes the talent pool. DA for development? Ok.
In theory yes. But you would have to assume that all of the talent would end up on the few teams. Instead if we only had 2 NTX teams we would lose a good portion of the talent pool because they would not flood into the spots of the other girls who may be less talented but better connected.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/07/16, 04:15 pm

banana kick wrote:So glad we're finally going to develop our young women soccer players.  Now maybe we can close the gap between us and other countries. If AP doesn't do it, surely this will.  Oh, wait...

You must be British? I am sure they said this same thing years ago when their national team actually mattered. The simple fact is the US has more woman playing while most of the world see's soccer as a mans sport. They are not the best playing, nor the best organized. They are however the most athletic, experienced, season team in the world. At some point better playing teams will field better athletes and when that happens and you are caught it is too late to change. The womans national team are no better playing than the mens team and in many aspects they are not as good. The big difference is the level of competition they face
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by banana kick 11/07/16, 04:30 pm

go99 wrote:
banana kick wrote:So glad we're finally going to develop our young women soccer players.  Now maybe we can close the gap between us and other countries. If AP doesn't do it, surely this will.  Oh, wait...

You must be British?  I am sure they said this same thing years ago when their national team actually mattered.  The simple fact is the US has more woman playing while most of the world see's soccer as a mans sport.  They are not the best playing, nor the best organized.  They are however the most athletic, experienced, season team in the world.  At some point better playing teams will field better athletes and when that happens and you are caught it is too late to change.  The womans national team are no better playing than the mens team and in many aspects they are not as good.  The big difference is the level of competition they face

A fair and thoughtful response. While I doubt a team will field better athletes any time soon, if ever, it's important to stay ahead of the curve.
banana kick
banana kick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/07/16, 07:27 pm

go99 wrote:kids are competitive by nature and without that they will not make it thru a developmental system.  You think winning a game is pressure?  How about the competitive pressure of every practice realizing that next year some kids will not be here and loyalty, connections, mommy and daddy with their money and coach ass kissing can't keep you on a team.  the only thing that can is your own efforts and abilities.  the two are not mutually exclusive but the people who have a history of success not just an opinion say that one hurts the other.  Now you could be right but I will wait until you produce as many players as Barcelona befor I accept that.

First, I don't buy that sticking around an American youth program where you dominate the majority of your competition, in games that don't have much significance, is anywhere close to the pressure teams face that must produce results or go home. It certainly doesn't seem comparable to the pressure kids at a pro academy like Barca face, where they truly are competing against the best to keep a spot, day in - day out.

Second, Barca doesn't claim winning hurts development. Their contention is focusing on WINNING AT ALL COSTS hurts YOUTH development, since it encourages you to skip focusing on technique and value the wrong attributes at too early an age (physical instead of mental). Don't dumb it down and claim their philosophy is winning hurts development.

Consider for GDA we are talking 14 to 19-year-olds. Barca's youth from Barca B, Juvenil A and on back, are involved in competitions, leagues and tournaments. The key thing is they seek to COMPETE, and compete at a high level. This requires adequate COMPETITION, not glorified scrimmages, and not 50% of your games against teams which are happy to go back home with a draw having kept it close with park the bus tactics. The point I'm making isn't about winning at all costs, it's about whether NTX has actually weakened its competitive landscape with the expansion of the new leagues the last 6 or 7 years. If DA is going after all the same clubs, even those already struggling to compete at the top level, maybe GDA should consider tweaking the model a bit to bring in an element of COMPETITION. I distinctly remember a boys DA game I reffed years ago. I really did get the impression the players could give a damn about the game. The sidelines were quiet except for one side's loud, abrasive coach. The kids were talented, but the whole thing just had this soulless (glorified scrimmage) feel to it.

Go here and read chapter 9, starting around page 136, if you want a good read from barca folk who should know. Start around the below excerpt and read through pg 137.

A fútbol base education goes beyond the technical. The lessons arealso psychological and include the value of losing plus an ongoing debate concerning the balance between winning and learning in the early years of development.

Barcelona have built a winning machine, and it may seem odd that the concept of losing is so important to it. In part, it is about learning to handle defeat with some dignity – a concept which Pep Guardiola holds dear, often speaks about and which is also taught at all levels of fútbol base. Albert Puig, technical secretary ofthe youth programmeat the Camp Nou, explains how he puts this principle into heated match situations. “I always tell my players that it’s healthy to express anger and disappointment after losing a match, but that they should only allow that reaction to last from the moment the match finishes until they make it to the shower,” he says. “The second the water hits their head they should remind themselves that football is just a game and that there will always be winners
and losers.”

Charly Rexach explains the danger that comes with unchallenged supremacy on the pitch. “Sometimes it’s important to lose in fútbol base,” he says. “There are times when you end up always winning because you’re up against weaker teams. Then, when you meet an opponent of equal quality, your performance can slip because you’re so unused to playing boys at the same level. Winning every match is not healthy because players get complacent.

“If at half-time you’re winning 3–0, you already know that you’ve won and you might think there’s no point in going for 7–0 or 8–0. The coach must, therefore, add a challenge for his players. He has to tell them to play one-touch football, or run faster and so on. He needs to make changes like that so that the win will be well deserved.”  Fundamental to Rexach’s point is the debate between winning and losing in the early stages of the cantera. Is a winning mentality innate or can it be learned?....

Back to top Go down

Post by nmkjc 11/07/16, 07:51 pm

How is the selection process work in the GDA? So say your DD is one of the GDA clubs, (Solar, Sting, etc.) is your DD invited to join their DA squad or what?

nmkjc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 11/07/16, 08:06 pm

No, just because your in a DA club does not guarantee you an invite.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 11/07/16, 09:03 pm

Zizou wrote:No, just because your in a DA club does not guarantee you an invite.

You just killed their recruiting plan for the younger ages. Shocked
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nmkjc 11/07/16, 09:15 pm

Ok, so for the lack of clarity, you DO get invited to play on the GDA team? I was wanting to know how you get to play for a GDA team.

nmkjc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 11/07/16, 09:25 pm

nmkjc wrote:Ok, so for the lack of clarity, you DO get invited to play on the GDA team? I was wanting to know how you get to play for a GDA team.

I think you just join a da or ecnl club at a young age and your dd will be put at the top of the list....as long as you pay and are loyal.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum