North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 2 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 04:44 pm

Why would ECNL put up with being tier 2? They should boot any clubs that are in DA.

Back to top Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 2 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by wxyz 30/06/16, 04:46 pm

sprint wrote:
Why would current girls continue to play ECNL instead of trying to be part of the DA?  Looks like with the backing of US Soccer, the girls DA will be the tier 1 place to be and ECNL will be tier 2.  I would be willing to bet most top ECNL girls jump to the DA at these clubs even with the restrictions in place for DA ( if they are similar to boys restrictions).  

Because there are fewer spots in DA. If there are only 2 DA teams for TX (for every other age group), only one out of 9 ECNL girls can (or invited to) play DA.

wxyz
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sprint 30/06/16, 04:48 pm

When its all said and done, I bet there are more teams in Texas but I see what you are saying on the sheer numbers issue.

As for why ECNL allows clubs to have ECNL and DA that is a good question. With the backing of US Soccer it would seem DA would be the tier 1 league by default; particularly if that is where they start to look exclusively for their National team players.

sprint
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 30/06/16, 04:50 pm

bwgophers wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:I'm so confused.

How can Solar and FC Dallas put girls teams in DA and ECNL at the same time? I thought these were in direct competition.

Where will their #1 teams and players go? If they put their #1 teams in DA, and their #2 teams in ECNL, then ECNL suffers.

And, why is Liverpool never mentioned in any talks regarding DA or ECNL?

They are.  LP is considered an integral part of Solar and FCD's farm system...

My new favorite post EVER!

This is not the best time to make an announcement in North Texas, with everyone about to sign up for another soccer year.. Families excited about DA will be asking Sting and Texans why they should not leave to Solar and FCD...

Why make a partial announcement anyway!?
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 30/06/16, 04:54 pm

soccersounder wrote:

Families excited about DA will be asking Sting and Texans why they should not leave to Solar and FCD...

Same thing when ECNL started.  Same answer.  They'll form the DA teams from who they consider to be the best players.  Won't matter which club they're from.  Nor should it.

Parents who think they'll gain an edge by jumping over early are kidding themselves.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 30/06/16, 04:56 pm

soccersounder wrote:
bwgophers wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:I'm so confused.

How can Solar and FC Dallas put girls teams in DA and ECNL at the same time? I thought these were in direct competition.

Where will their #1 teams and players go? If they put their #1 teams in DA, and their #2 teams in ECNL, then ECNL suffers.

And, why is Liverpool never mentioned in any talks regarding DA or ECNL?

They are.  LP is considered an integral part of Solar and FCD's farm system...

My new favorite post EVER!

This is not the best time to make an announcement in North Texas, with everyone about to sign up for another soccer year.. Families excited about DA will be asking Sting and Texans why they should not leave to Solar and FCD...

LOL. With all the team announcements, I'm surprised there haven't been any recruitment posts stating DA membership yet...
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 30/06/16, 04:58 pm

Solar 06 Springate DA coming soon!!!!

Get in now before all spots are gone!!
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccersounder 30/06/16, 05:00 pm

jogobonito06 wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

Families excited about DA will be asking Sting and Texans why they should not leave to Solar and FCD...

Same thing when ECNL started.  Same answer.  They'll form the DA teams from who they consider to be the best players.  Won't matter which club they're from.  Nor should it.

Parents who think they'll gain an edge by jumping over early are kidding themselves.

I'm not debating the actual results down the road... I'm saying why make a partial announcement now to cause Clubs some unnecessary headaches
soccersounder
soccersounder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by fc_dallas 30/06/16, 05:01 pm

Some coaches are already recruiting with Pre-Academy talk

fc_dallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 05:02 pm

soccersounder wrote:

That's what I'm hung up on!

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 30/06/16, 05:03 pm

RunningWithScissors wrote:Why would ECNL put up with being tier 2? They should boot any clubs that are in DA.

They don't have a choice...and good luck booting teams from ECNL, who's going to take their place?

ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 30/06/16, 05:05 pm

ElClassico wrote:
RunningWithScissors wrote:Why would ECNL put up with being tier 2? They should boot any clubs that are in DA.

They don't have a choice...and good luck booting teams from ECNL, who's going to take their place?

Liverpool!! Andromeda!! oh, wait..
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdivahmom22 30/06/16, 05:10 pm

SD69 wrote:
ElClassico wrote:

Liverpool!! Andromeda!! oh, wait..

That's funny!!!

soccerdivahmom22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 05:21 pm

fc_dallas wrote:Some coaches are already recruiting with Pre-Academy talk

CBTeamworks is counting on it being the drawing card that will help fill out those last 2 spots being held for impact players on a PPL team...

Back to top Go down

Post by fc_dallas 30/06/16, 05:28 pm

bwgophers wrote:

CBTeamworks is counting on it being the drawing card that will help fill out those last 2 spots being held for impact players on a PPL team...

LOL

fc_dallas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 30/06/16, 05:43 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

My guess is they announced a day before applications are finally due in order to get any clubs who were on the fence applied and committed.
The list is a who's who of girl's elite soccer. Any club who may have been wondering if the DA was going to actually be the #1 league in the country now have their answer - a resounding yes - and have 48 hours to finalize their application.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 05:52 pm

timmyh wrote:
Sho'Nuff wrote:
soccersounder wrote:

My guess is they announced a day before applications are finally due in order to get any clubs who were on the fence applied and committed.
The list is a who's who of girl's elite soccer.  Any club who may have been wondering if the DA was going to actually be the #1 league in the country now have their answer - a resounding yes - and have 48 hours to finalize their application.

Hoping for unicorns. Sounds about right.

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 30/06/16, 06:36 pm

Reading TopDrawer article that came out today made it sound like other major clubs like Eclipse and Dallas Sting and Fc Virginia are holding out at the moment. Wich would make sence why they are not listed at the moment.

TopDrawer:

"But there are plenty who’ve still yet to commit, which makes the coming months interesting in the framework of will-they or won’t-they. Mega-clubs like Eclipse Select, Dallas Sting, and FC Virginia are still waiting in the wings in a figurative sense. Will they opt to stay or go?"

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SweepFeet 30/06/16, 08:39 pm

kick_tha_ball wrote:
soccerdivahmom22 wrote:Quite shocked that only two clubs in all of Texas made the cut!

How does California get 7 clubs and Texas only 2.

Renamed: California Girls Development Academy

An astounding 30% representation......
SweepFeet
SweepFeet
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 09:02 pm

It's only the first 25 teams. They probably released this first wave just to make it clear the heavyweights are on board. Surf, Slammers and Blues are the big dogs in socal, plus mustang in nocal, Hawks and cup gold  in Midwest, and  PDA  and NEFC in Northeast plus Tophat and concorde in southeast. They have the big names in but I'm sure another 30 (or more) clubs will be added shortly. If Sting is claiming they didn't apply that would be a mighty strange move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 30/06/16, 11:45 pm

My Turn to Chime in.

I would like to see a historic merger of Sting and Dfeeters and put DA on the map.

But heh we can dream.

Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CBTeamworks 30/06/16, 11:47 pm

bwgophers wrote:

lol! I deserve that.

Not counting on it being the drawing card but what good is it to have the card if you're not going to play it? And for the record we have one spot left. Cool

Regarding the timing of the announcement, I don't think it'll have much impact because most teams are full at this point. There might be a spot open here or there for the aforementioned "impact" player but the DA type player has already found their ECNL home for this year and DA doesn't start for another year.
CBTeamworks
CBTeamworks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 30/06/16, 11:50 pm

How will girls cope with the No Highschool soccer rule and mandatory practice 4 times a week?
No private training or 3v3 fun events.
Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/06/16, 11:52 pm

Multivitamin wrote:My Turn to Chime in.

I would like to see a historic merger of Sting and Dfeeters and put DA on the map.

But heh we can dream.

What would the merged club be called?   D'Stingers?  Stingkyfeet? Stingercalifeet-l-f-s-expialidokicks?

Back to top Go down

Post by Multivitamin 30/06/16, 11:59 pm

bwgophers wrote:

But heh we can dream.

What would the merged club be called?   D'Stingers?  Stingkyfeet?  Stingercalifeet-l-f-s-expialidokicks?

Blue and Green make the color Cyan.

Nice color if you ask me.

Multivitamin
Multivitamin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 01/07/16, 12:08 am

bwgophers wrote:

But heh we can dream.

What would the merged club be called?   D'Stingers?  Stingkyfeet?  Stingercalifeet-l-f-s-expialidokicks?

Sting.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next