North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by ElClassico 01/07/16, 12:08 am

bwgophers wrote:
Multivitamin wrote:My Turn to Chime in.

I would like to see a historic merger of Sting and Dfeeters and put DA on the map.

But heh we can dream.

What would the merged club be called?   D'Stingers?  Stingkyfeet?  Stingercalifeet-l-f-s-expialidokicks?

Sting.

ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Empty Re: Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced

Post by Guest 01/07/16, 12:22 am

bwgophers wrote:

I would like to see a historic merger of Sting and Dfeeters and put DA on the map.

But heh we can dream.

What would the merged club be called?   D'Stingers?  Stingkyfeet?  Stingercalifeet-l-f-s-expialidokicks?

So the Texans should be the Texangs or Muxtangs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/16, 06:48 am

WOW!  Touchy, Touchy everyone... lol!

Was just trying to have a little fun with it...  (Although I do think ElClassico is right. Well played, sir...Laughing )

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow 01/07/16, 09:47 am

So does the fact that there are 7 CA teams already in indicate that US Soccer is still a West Coast oriented organization? I think if that's it for NTX then it's because those teams held out rather than  couldn't get in. TSC isn't there either, for now.

The possibility of playing DA will be a draw for ECNL caliber players (that's a lot of players). Just as ECNL hasn't really harmed LHGCL except to cream off a relatively small number of kids I think DA will do the same. My money is on at least one and possibly two more NTX Clubs joining but the odds wouldn't by much more than even. The paperwork and loss of control will be a disincentive for some.

The mergers are good for the sport in my opinion. Pooling resources should reduce overheads. Can't see ECNL Clubs merging though. They'd lose a pretty valuable franchise.

In the UK the professional clubs are starting to become hubs with local affiliates. Personally I prefer the US model, at least until there is a more lucrative Women's Professional League.

ECNL will survive as a show case for College coaches simply because of numbers. There will never be enough kids in DA to fill enough of the College slots.

My impression is the DA is being designed as a path to professional play. I hope that path is through college but it's not in the men's game. Now if Soccer could break the NCAA monopoly on access to professional Sports that would be cool.

The US has an opportunity to continue being a World leader in the Women's Game. The competition from other countries is healthy and I hope it continues.

The DA is a risk but one worth taking. If it works the US will be able to compensate for the lack of extremely wealthy men's professional teams (extending their brands to women) by leveraging the Club infrastructure we have here. My hope is the WPL becomes it's own thing and we all buy tickets and tune in for games. It's a long game but one worth playing.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 01/07/16, 10:39 am

By the DA not totally closing the door on the clubs that lost out on the first wave may prove to be a good thing for development. There are way too many coaches with only minimum licenses coaching and demanding top dollar when they're not putting in the effort to better educate themselves on the best way to motivate and teach our kids. Some coaches with the best teams are constantly seen berating young kids for making mistakes in games that mean absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things. Mistakes in games should be used as great teaching tools for practice not to make a kid feel bad in front of their family and peers during a game. Hopefully by missing out on DA those clubs will put more of an emphasis on their coaches furthering their education.

Last edited by Read_These_Nikes on 01/07/16, 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Technique 01/07/16, 11:04 am

Is there an available resource that details the coaches in NTX and their licenses or lack thereof? While FBR is great to determine how well teams perform, a coaches licenses list would be great to know who has actually gone through higher level training. That being said i could go through the training and obtain the license and still not be as good as some who have not! But it's good info that can be used to make a decision about which coach you choose to educate your young players.

Technique
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar 01/07/16, 11:35 am

But heh we can dream.

Yes, this would make sense since other clubs have advanced in managing this as a big business.

Sting and D'Feeters have a good legacy from their start in late 70s/early 80s but both have been passed on by. Each club is old school and does not adapt to change very well.
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/16, 11:49 am

newbiefornow wrote:So does the fact that there are 7 CA teams already in indicate that US Soccer is still a West Coast oriented organization? I think if that's it for NTX then it's because those teams held out rather than  couldn't get in. TSC isn't there either, for now.

Why should TSC be in DA? From what I can tell, OFC has as much or better claim. Can't speak for all their teams (other than their ECNL results), but in my dd's age group TSC teams have been nowhere remotely close to OFC in terms of style of play or having the kind of attributes USSF is looking for.

CA is the biggest market. If the best in CA are in, the best in Northeast are in, the best in Midwest are in, the best in Southeast are in, USSF is banking the rest will follow.

newbiefornow wrote:
The possibility of playing DA will be a draw for ECNL caliber players (that's a lot of players). Just as ECNL hasn't really harmed LHGCL except to cream off a relatively small number of kids I think DA will do the same. My money is on at least one and possibly two more NTX Clubs joining but the odds wouldn't by much more than even. The paperwork and loss of control will be a disincentive for some.

Not sure how anyone concludes ECNL hasn't harmed LHGCL. LHGCL is a shadow of itself after u14. And you make it seem like DA spots are being handed out willy nilly and NTX clubs are declining DA offers. I don't think you understand the hierarchy of the parties involved here. USSF is the big dog. I don't buy in much to the structure of the DA since it is yet another closed system, but USSF is still the top dog, and that's where the top players will go. Maybe not all of them right away year 1, but eventually, yes, big dog gets the bone.

You are right though, DA will impact a small # of kids, and those kids should be the best players willing to make the required sacrifice.  ECNL budgets and # of teams won't change anymore than LH has lost total # of teams or total $$, but ECNL quality at the top will be impacted just the same as LH's quality. IMO, the only delta right now today between ECNL and the USYS national league caliber teams is mostly those top of the heap clubs DA just announced (surf, slammers, concorde,etc. are a cut above USYS national level teams...the rest of ECNL, not so much).

newbiefornow wrote:
ECNL will survive as a show case for College coaches simply because of numbers. There will never be enough kids in DA to fill enough of the College slots.

My impression is the DA is being designed as a path to professional play. I hope that path is through college but it's not in the men's game. Now if Soccer could break the NCAA monopoly on access to professional Sports that would be cool.

I doubt it. I think GDA will be the path to the top college programs, simply because college coaches will go where the talent is. The girls game is still all about college no matter how you slice it. College coaches don't limit their scouting to ECNL today, and I doubt they'd limit their scouting to DA in the future.  They look to ECNL first now, but likely, they will look to DA first because the level in ECNL won't have the same concentration of top players. Rather than these composite teams or us club B leagues, I predict the big historical showcases will still be the big draws...Disney, Jefferson, Surf, etc.... the leagues behind DA will be so diluted, it won't be worth the travel budget for college coaches to spend a ton of time with any given league.

newbiefornow wrote:
The DA is a risk but one worth taking. If it works the US will be able to compensate for the lack of extremely wealthy men's professional teams (extending their brands to women) by leveraging the Club infrastructure we have here. My hope is the WPL becomes it's own thing and we all buy tickets and tune in for games. It's a long game but one worth playing.

Despite USSF wanting to align these DAs with NWSL teams, again, still think DA for the majority will be about becoming the best player they can be for college. A tiny # of national team caliber players may get opportunities with YNTs, and an even smaller # will be interested in becoming pro soccer players. Leagues still don't make players, IMO.

Net DA positives for NTX I could see are 1) talented players may get relief from the ridiculous scheduling of high school games while club is still in season, which I'm sure correlates to the epidemic of knee injuries in teenage competitive soccer players, and 2) MAYBE USSF can enforce some standards to encourage development of individual players. Other than that, can't see where the league has much to do with the success of players. People complaining about 4 times a week practice probably don't need to worry about their kids playing DA (I'd put money most kids at that level practice at least that much already anyway).

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 01/07/16, 12:03 pm

Technique wrote:Is there an available resource that details the coaches in NTX and their licenses or lack thereof? While FBR is great to determine how well teams perform, a coaches licenses list would be great to know who has actually gone through higher level training. That being said i could go through the training and obtain the license and still not be as good as some who have not! But it's good info that can be used to make a decision about which coach you choose to educate your young players.

Clubs with coaches that are licensed typically list it in their bios. No it doesn't mean every top licensed coach is great but it does mean they take their profession seriously and try to better themselves. I personally wouldn't want a non licensed coach if I'm paying $3500 a year for my daughter to play soccer. You ask for your mechanic to be certified, your contractor to be licensed, why not your kids coach?
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 01/07/16, 12:08 pm

Oh and other areas (Cali) got more spots because those clubs are typically better, more organized, have facilities, and have licensed coaches on the payroll.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 01/07/16, 12:55 pm

ElClassico wrote:
Technique wrote:Is there an available resource that details the coaches in NTX and their licenses or lack thereof? While FBR is great to determine how well teams perform, a coaches licenses list would be great to know who has actually gone through higher level training. That being said i could go through the training and obtain the license and still not be as good as some who have not! But it's good info that can be used to make a decision about which coach you choose to educate your young players.

Clubs with coaches that are licensed typically list it in their bios. No it doesn't mean every top licensed coach is great but it does mean they take their profession seriously and try to better themselves. I personally wouldn't want a non licensed coach if I'm paying $3500 a year for my daughter to play soccer. You ask for your mechanic to be certified, your contractor to be licensed, why not your kids coach?

Great analogy...
Some coaches don't grow in their "craft" so I don't expect all of them to be totaly equipped to provide your daughter with further growth.

Back to top Go down

Post by jibjab 01/07/16, 01:22 pm

ElClassico wrote:

Didn't you daughter play for an unlicensed coach last year?

jibjab
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 01/07/16, 01:46 pm

jibjab wrote:
ElClassico wrote:

Didn't you daughter play for an unlicensed coach last year?

ummm no.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 01/07/16, 04:38 pm

ElClassico wrote:Oh and other areas (Cali) got more spots because those clubs are typically better, more organized, have facilities, and have licensed coaches on the payroll.

And better weather throughout the year in which to practice/play. Ever sat in the east stands at Toyota Stadium in July/August? Ugh!
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Orange DB 01/07/16, 04:59 pm

ElClassico wrote: I personally wouldn't want a non licensed coach if I'm paying $3500 a year for my daughter to play soccer. You ask for your mechanic to be certified, your contractor to be licensed, why not your kids coach?

BADGES???? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!!!!!
Big Orange DB
Big Orange DB
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 01/07/16, 07:11 pm

Here is my question, speaking hypothetically Texans,Dfeeters , Sting and the rest of South Texas and OK teams decide not partake in this DA program? Were does that leave Solar and Fc Dallas? are they gonna fly to GA and SoCal to have games? lol

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 01/07/16, 08:02 pm

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:Here is my question, speaking hypothetically Texans,Dfeeters , Sting and the rest of South Texas and OK teams decide not partake in this DA program? Were does that leave Solar and Fc Dallas? are they gonna fly to GA and SoCal to have games? lol

Might be the thinking behind the scholarships

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SD69 01/07/16, 08:52 pm

How do boys DA do it?
SD69
SD69
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 01/07/16, 09:47 pm

sccrprntsrcrazy wrote:Here is my question, speaking hypothetically Texans,Dfeeters , Sting and the rest of South Texas and OK teams decide not partake in this DA program? Were does that leave Solar and Fc Dallas? are they gonna fly to GA and SoCal to have games? lol

It was Round 1. There are some obvious gaps: Ohio North, Virginia, NYC metro east, South Texas among them.

Expect those to be filled in Round 2. I wouldn't add any more clubs to the areas already covered, however. The mistake ECNL made was including way too many clubs and in their first forays, not always the right ones.

jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sccrprntsrcrazy 01/07/16, 09:59 pm

jogobonito06 wrote:

It was Round 1.  There are some obvious gaps: Ohio North, Virginia, NYC metro east, South Texas among them.  

Expect those to be filled in Round 2.  I wouldn't add any more clubs to the areas already covered, however.  The mistake ECNL made was including way too many clubs and in their first forays, not always the right ones.

I agree but there will be more than just 2 DA clubs for North Texas. The population and girls playing that wouldn't be enough, im guessing Texans and Sting will get on board and there will be 3 like the boys side or 4 imo.

sccrprntsrcrazy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 02/07/16, 01:14 am

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Screen10
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 02/07/16, 02:59 am

Boys DA had a first wave and then a 2nd wave when it started up. Texas wasn't in the first wave. In fact, most of the MLS teams weren't in the first wave of DA. MLS required the teams to create an academy system to be included in the DA. IIRC, some of the MLS academies entered in a 3rd wave of teams coming into the DA.

The roster will change, but it the pattern of US Soccer to start small and then add on. That's opposite of the ECNL which added a bunch and then were caught in a quandry of how to remove some clubs that weren't performing well.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/16, 06:21 am

twotone wrote:Boys DA had a first wave and then a 2nd wave when it started up. Texas wasn't in the first wave. In fact, most of the MLS teams weren't in the first wave of DA. MLS required the teams to create an academy system to be included in the DA. IIRC, some of the MLS academies entered in a 3rd wave of teams coming into the DA.

The roster will change, but it the pattern of US Soccer to start small and then add on. That's opposite of the ECNL which added a bunch and then were caught in a quandry of how to remove some clubs that weren't performing well.

From what I recall ECNL also started small, and only grew rapidly ater they decided to move toward a regional format. Early ECNL even had promotion / relegation. 

After it started to get huge traction with college coaches, maybe ECNL leadership changed their mission statement and decided they could dominate the entire market of competitive paying players? From outside looking in, sure looks like inclusion / exclusion of clubs was more market driven than performance driven.

Expanding into 2nd and 3rd tier girls and adding ecnl for boys was probably long part of the revised business plan after their initial success.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/16, 06:26 am

outonthelimb wrote:Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Screen10
I like this OOL! You could add a column to highlight clubs with relationships to nwsl or mls to shed even more light.

Back to top Go down

Post by outonthelimb 02/07/16, 05:08 pm

Girls Development Academy Clubs Announced - Page 3 Screen12
outonthelimb
outonthelimb
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/07/16, 06:49 pm

Thanks OOL! We can see only 3 clubs were added that didnt already have ECNL or is forming an association with a pro academy....Beach, Cincinnati and Lamorinda.

Know about Beach  though a bit surprised Beach over Legends...maybe that's about geography? Cincinnati Cup Gold is very solid and they also merged in a few organizations. Their style of play is definitely possession and technique focused, and they do it with good athletes....this club produced Rose Lavelle and have a bunch of their youngsters already getting called in...makes perfect sense. 

Only headscratcher is Lamorinda. Never seen any lamorinda team in any national level competitive tourney. The nerd in me did some quick google searches on their youtube clips and website, and it appears they are one of those teach the game right and dont worry about competitive level type clubs. Watching their clips they use a posession style playing against teams where they have all the time in the world on the ball. I'm not from socal so maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in on their history. On it's face it sure looks like a statement inclusion to put clubs  on notice ussf is very serious about  philosophy / style of play.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next