North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Today at 06:44 pmU90C
ECRL - NTX Tryouts are OPEN in Lantana, Argyle, Flower MoundToday at 03:54 pmNTX Celtic FC
ECRL - NTX Tryouts are OPEN in Lantana, Argyle, Flower MoundToday at 03:49 pmNTX Celtic FC
05 Mid Fielder Open to Guest Playing OpportunitiesToday at 03:39 pmSoccerDad75070
Confused on new ECNL clubsToday at 11:28 amdtk9119
Tryouts for Manchester Red - Albion (Lake Highlands)Today at 11:16 amTiltmasterR
BVB International Academy - 08 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsToday at 07:56 amsoccerdynamics1
Solar South 10G-AdamesToday at 07:13 ambigballer07
09 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:43 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:42 pmU90C
11 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:41 pmU90C
05 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:40 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:39 pmU90C
11 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 10:37 pmU90C
BVB International - 03/04 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 02:22 pmsoccerdynamics1
BVB International Academy - 06 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 02:12 pmsoccerdynamics1
Solar West 08G ECNL-RL NTX Open PracticesYesterday at 01:37 pmsolar08glanier
Solar West 08G ECNL-RL NTX Open PracticesYesterday at 01:21 pmsolar08glanier
FRISCO FUSION 09G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATIONYesterday at 11:46 amGazza
FRISCO FUSION 08G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATIONYesterday at 11:40 amGazza
FRISCO FUSION 10G OPEN PRACTICE INFORMATION Yesterday at 11:27 amGazza
STING 09G BOYLE- (EULESS)Yesterday at 11:19 amCoachBoyle
BVB International Academy 05 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 09:57 amsoccerdynamics1
BVB International Academy - 09 Girls Academy (GA) Try-OutsYesterday at 09:34 amsoccerdynamics1
Sparta FC 08 Girls - LHGCL D2/NPL, 2021-202206/05/21, 11:31 pmspartafc08girls
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14819 registered users
The newest registered user is Luisa Velazquez Caez

Our users have posted a total of 201315 messages in 29841 subjects

05 Division 1

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 20/09/16, 08:54 pm

Andro won't end up even close to the top half by the end. They'll be around 15th or so. Remember too that those of us commenting here mostly do NOT have daughters in the 05 age group so our observations are not in any way biased.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Don Draper 20/09/16, 09:51 pm

05girls wrote:Just to stir the pot a bit, I saw the comment above about how 3 JDL teams would be low level D1 teams so I did a little history check and found that FCD JDL blue beat the #5 Andro team (referenced above) a combined 6-0 in the Labor Day tournament over 2 games as well as beating sting west #10 above.  I realize it's one persons opinion but I find it funny that the JDL teams are getting bashed but seeming to handle at least some of the so called "top" D1 teams fairly easily.

Sorry, I'll go back to the JDL thread now.  

Sorry my FCDB friend but you opened up this part of the conversation for further review. Cherry picking scores against just one team is not very good analysis. The #5 Andro team (as it stands after their first 3 LH games) have played the currently ranked #10, #19 and #20 teams in LHD1. Not sure Andro will be a top 10 or even a top 15 LH team at the end of theseason. Bragging rights over this team is not much to crow about.

A better assessment of FCD Blue JDL is to look at the other games they have played to date on record…..

- FCDB beat FCD North White 2-1 (who is currently 14th place in LHD1)
- beat FCD West 1-0 (currently 4th place in LHD3)
- tied Sting North Covey 1-1 (currently in 7th place LHD3)
- tied Sting West Bean 0-0 (currently 12th place in LHD1)
- tied Sting Hig JDL 0-0 (first known score for Sting Hig who has no games recorded to       date. Maybe hiding something...lack of development?)

So I stand by my earlier comments….FCDB (#2 FCD JDL team) is currently on par with the lower tier LHD1 teams. Maybe even the top end LHD3 teams given FCDB’s early results against LHD3 teams. I believe the same comparisons are also true for Sting Parsons (#2 Sting JDL team) and the Texans Central (#2 Texans JDL team who now currently sit #17 in LHD1). Also, with Solar Pulp JDL#2 tying Sting Parsons last weekend 0-0, they may also be in the lower-tier LHD1 discussion.
Don Draper
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 2155
Join date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by 05girls 20/09/16, 10:19 pm

I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread. For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it? You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point. I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5. Just thought that was funny. Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Points : 2616
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by sleestack 21/09/16, 08:23 am

05girls wrote:I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread.  For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it?  You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.  

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point.  I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5.  Just thought that was funny.  Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.  

Not sure who you're calling out here, but I was "the guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top-5". I didn't even see the "weak JDL post", so I wasn't replying to that comment...I simply wanted to start a discussion about who those here thought would be the 9 teams that make D1. It's a freaking message board for discussion, and predictions are kind of fun...I even positioned the discussion starter as probably ridiculous to discuss at this point, based on 3 games.

I have a dog in the hunt, but not on a team I put in the top-9 (understand our team's limitations, but enjoy good banter)...and I've not seen all of the teams, but I have seen Andro play, and those saying they'll be 15 or lower clearly haven't played them or seen them play. I'll bet they are closer to challenging for one of the 9 spots as opposed to the 15-20 range. I was looking for others thoughts on the entire division...not just Andro. Additionally, I didn't necessarily list the 9 I predicted to earn a bye in order...I just went down the list of the current standings and picked the 9 I believe will make it and they happened to be 5th right now.

Carry on....

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 2913
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 21/09/16, 08:26 am

Don Draper wrote:
05girls wrote:Just to stir the pot a bit, I saw the comment above about how 3 JDL teams would be low level D1 teams so I did a little history check and found that FCD JDL blue beat the #5 Andro team (referenced above) a combined 6-0 in the Labor Day tournament over 2 games as well as beating sting west #10 above.  I realize it's one persons opinion but I find it funny that the JDL teams are getting bashed but seeming to handle at least some of the so called "top" D1 teams fairly easily.

Sorry, I'll go back to the JDL thread now.  

Sorry my FCDB friend but you opened up this part of the conversation for further review. Cherry picking scores against just one team is not very good analysis. The #5 Andro team (as it stands after their first 3 LH games) have played the currently ranked #10, #19 and #20 teams in LHD1. Not sure Andro will be a top 10 or even a top 15 LH team at the end of theseason. Bragging rights over this team is not much to crow about.

A better assessment of FCD Blue JDL is to look at the other games they have played to date on record…..

- FCDB beat FCD North White 2-1 (who is currently 14th place in LHD1)
- beat FCD West 1-0 (currently 4th place in LHD3)
- tied Sting North Covey 1-1 (currently in 7th place LHD3)
- tied Sting West Bean 0-0 (currently 12th place in LHD1)
- tied Sting Hig JDL 0-0 (first known score for Sting Hig who has no games recorded to       date. Maybe hiding something...lack of development?)

So I stand by my earlier comments….FCDB (#2 FCD JDL team) is currently on par with the lower tier LHD1 teams. Maybe even the top end LHD3 teams given FCDB’s early results against LHD3 teams. I believe the same comparisons are also true for Sting Parsons (#2 Sting JDL team) and the Texans Central (#2 Texans JDL team who now currently sit #17 in LHD1). Also, with Solar Pulp JDL#2 tying Sting Parsons last weekend 0-0, they may also be in the lower-tier LHD1 discussion.  

nice analysis. well done.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 21/09/16, 09:30 am

We'll see how Andro ends up. We'll see whose prediction ends up being right. I have seen them play more than once. I also know how the top teams have done against those teams that Andro have played so far.

But again my prediction could certainly be wrong. We'll see. That's the fun part of this discussion board anyway!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by KeeperCommander 21/09/16, 10:27 am

sleestack wrote:
05girls wrote:I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread.  For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it?  You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.  

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point.  I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5.  Just thought that was funny.  Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.  

Not sure who you're calling out here, but I was "the guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top-5".  I didn't even see the "weak JDL post", so I wasn't replying to that comment...I simply wanted to start a discussion about who those here thought would be the 9 teams that make D1.  It's a freaking message board for discussion, and predictions are kind of fun...I even positioned the discussion starter as probably ridiculous to discuss at this point, based on 3 games.  

I have a dog in the hunt, but not on a team I put in the top-9 (understand our team's limitations, but enjoy good banter)...and I've not seen all of the teams, but I have seen Andro play, and those saying they'll be 15 or lower clearly haven't played them or seen them play.  I'll bet they are closer to challenging for one of the 9 spots as opposed to the 15-20 range.  I was looking for others thoughts on the entire division...not just Andro.  Additionally, I didn't necessarily list the 9 I predicted to earn a bye in order...I just went down the list of the current standings and picked the 9 I believe will make it and they happened to be 5th right now.

Carry on....
Shouldn't that be 10 teams for D1?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by sleestack 21/09/16, 10:44 am

[/quote]
Shouldn't that be 10 teams for D1?[/quote]

Here are the promotion/relegation rules for U12

U12 DI = 20 Teams
1st thru 9th place earn a BYE and remain in DI
10th thru 17th place earn a BYE and form DII
18th thru 20th place earn a BYE and move to DIII
U12 DIII = 10 Teams
1st and 2nd place earn a BYE and move to DII
3rd thru 5th place earn a BYE and remain in DIII
6th thru 10th place do not receive a BYE and must re-qualify
There will be 4 open spots for DIII in QT

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 2913
Join date : 2013-07-28

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 21/09/16, 11:33 am

sleestack wrote:
05girls wrote:I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread.  For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it?  You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.  

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point.  I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5.  Just thought that was funny.  Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.  

Not sure who you're calling out here, but I was "the guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top-5".  I didn't even see the "weak JDL post", so I wasn't replying to that comment...I simply wanted to start a discussion about who those here thought would be the 9 teams that make D1.  It's a freaking message board for discussion, and predictions are kind of fun...I even positioned the discussion starter as probably ridiculous to discuss at this point, based on 3 games.  

I have a dog in the hunt, but not on a team I put in the top-9 (understand our team's limitations, but enjoy good banter)...and I've not seen all of the teams, but I have seen Andro play, and those saying they'll be 15 or lower clearly haven't played them or seen them play.  I'll bet they are closer to challenging for one of the 9 spots as opposed to the 15-20 range.  I was looking for others thoughts on the entire division...not just Andro.  Additionally, I didn't necessarily list the 9 I predicted to earn a bye in order...I just went down the list of the current standings and picked the 9 I believe will make it and they happened to be 5th right now.

Carry on....

Just saw that you were wondering about opinion on the entire top 9 and not just Andro... here goes..

DTS -- I think the top of the heap. They are the most athletic without a doubt. I would be surprised if they didn't end up #1 at the end.
Kicks Selecao -- I think the most skilled. I dont' think it's close. They are not as athletically gifted as DTS, IMO. But, they are skilled and poised enough that DTS will not be able to simply run them off the field. That's a game that would be fun to watch.
LPE -- Another fun team to watch. They are skilled and play quickly. I also don't think they have the athletes to run with DTS, but they are a well-coached team with very skilled players.
Fever Penn-- Also a fun team to watch as they are coming together nicely. They have very good skill at several positions but lack the depth of the LPE and Selecao. They have good athletes but not great. It will be hard for them to break the top 3. I think top 5 is a realistic goal for them. They pretty much beat who you think they will and have a tough time with the very top of the heap.
Andro-- I've already spoken on this topic so won't rehash.
Kicks JM-- They have good potential and are well coached, but I think their size will hurt them. If you look at their results, They tied Bellas (#16) and they barely beat Spirit who got absolutely trashed by Fever Penn. probably doesn't bode well for them being able to compete with the top teams but doesn't rule them out of the top 10. We'll see. They had a pretty good run through King Tut, so I wouldn't write them off at all.

The other three I'd say the jury's out. We'll see.
Sting West had a pretty good spring based on results. Some good wins.
Triumph did great at the 06 level last year and seems to be holding up so far. Don't know what to think of them yet.
East Gray likewise has a small sample size.

I still think Andro will drop out and be replaced by someone. Could be Shepard, could be Solar. (As mentioned in another thread, Solar's standing will completely depend on whether their Red players come down from JDL to play. If they don't bring JDL players, they won't end up in top ten.)

There you go. One Person's opinion as you requested! Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Pele98 22/09/16, 11:14 am

skiberdad wrote:
sleestack wrote:
05girls wrote:I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread.  For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it?  You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.  

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point.  I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5.  Just thought that was funny.  Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.  

Not sure who you're calling out here, but I was "the guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top-5".  I didn't even see the "weak JDL post", so I wasn't replying to that comment...I simply wanted to start a discussion about who those here thought would be the 9 teams that make D1.  It's a freaking message board for discussion, and predictions are kind of fun...I even positioned the discussion starter as probably ridiculous to discuss at this point, based on 3 games.  

I have a dog in the hunt, but not on a team I put in the top-9 (understand our team's limitations, but enjoy good banter)...and I've not seen all of the teams, but I have seen Andro play, and those saying they'll be 15 or lower clearly haven't played them or seen them play.  I'll bet they are closer to challenging for one of the 9 spots as opposed to the 15-20 range.  I was looking for others thoughts on the entire division...not just Andro.  Additionally, I didn't necessarily list the 9 I predicted to earn a bye in order...I just went down the list of the current standings and picked the 9 I believe will make it and they happened to be 5th right now.

Carry on....

Just saw that you were wondering about opinion on the entire top 9 and not just Andro...  here goes..

DTS -- I think the top of the heap.  They are the most athletic without a doubt.  I would be surprised if they didn't end up #1 at the end.
Kicks Selecao -- I think the most skilled.  I dont' think it's close.  They are not as athletically gifted as DTS, IMO.  But, they are skilled and poised enough that DTS will not be able to simply run them off the field.  That's a game that would be fun to watch.
LPE -- Another fun team to watch.  They are skilled and play quickly.  I also don't think they have the athletes to run with DTS, but they are a well-coached team with very skilled players.
Fever Penn-- Also a fun team to watch as they are coming together nicely.  They have very good skill at several positions but lack the depth of the LPE and Selecao.  They have good athletes but not great.  It will be hard for them to break the top 3.  I think top 5 is a realistic goal for them.  They pretty much beat who you think they will and have a tough time with the very top of the heap.
Andro-- I've already spoken on this topic so won't rehash.
Kicks JM-- They have good potential and are well coached, but I think their size will hurt them.  If you look at their results, They tied Bellas (#16) and they barely beat Spirit who got absolutely trashed by Fever Penn.  probably doesn't bode well for them being able to compete with the top teams but doesn't rule them out of the top 10.  We'll see.  They had a pretty good run through King Tut, so I wouldn't write them off at all.

The other three I'd say the jury's out.  We'll see.
Sting West had a pretty good spring based on results.  Some good wins.
Triumph did great at the 06 level last year and seems to be holding up so far.  Don't know what to think of them yet.
East Gray likewise has a small sample size.

I still think Andro will drop out and be replaced by someone.  Could be Shepard, could be Solar.  (As mentioned in another thread, Solar's standing will completely depend on whether their Red players come down from JDL to play.  If they don't bring JDL players, they won't end up in top ten.)

There you go.  One Person's opinion as you requested!   Very Happy

If my memory serves me right, I think DTS and Selecao have played each other twice already.  In Super Copa and in Plano Labor Day.  I think DTS came up on top both times.  I don't remember the scores though.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 624
Points : 5026
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Enjoying soccer........somewhere

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by majorpayne 22/09/16, 12:26 pm

Selecao hasn't been dominant since new age group shuffling. They haven't won against Liverpool Elite , Solar Red either.  Finished last  at supercopa, knocked off early at Plano Labor Day. The rumor is they have lost a stud forward and half the kicks politics this off season.

Pele98 wrote:
skiberdad wrote:
sleestack wrote:
05girls wrote:I was simply commenting on one posters rankings posted earlier in the thread.  For you to make a judgement on where teams are ranked in their league after 3 games is a bit shortsighted isn't it?  You are faulting andro for being #5 bc of their weak schedule but say nothing about FCD White being 14th bc of the difficulty of theirs.  

Your argument is fine, but you missed my point.  I was only connecting the thread which at one point said these JDL teams are weak, followed by a guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top 5.  Just thought that was funny.  Was not in any way suggesting any JDL teams are the better than anyone else other than the example given.  

Not sure who you're calling out here, but I was "the guy who said a team the weak JDL team beat twice was in his top-5".  I didn't even see the "weak JDL post", so I wasn't replying to that comment...I simply wanted to start a discussion about who those here thought would be the 9 teams that make D1.  It's a freaking message board for discussion, and predictions are kind of fun...I even positioned the discussion starter as probably ridiculous to discuss at this point, based on 3 games.  

I have a dog in the hunt, but not on a team I put in the top-9 (understand our team's limitations, but enjoy good banter)...and I've not seen all of the teams, but I have seen Andro play, and those saying they'll be 15 or lower clearly haven't played them or seen them play.  I'll bet they are closer to challenging for one of the 9 spots as opposed to the 15-20 range.  I was looking for others thoughts on the entire division...not just Andro.  Additionally, I didn't necessarily list the 9 I predicted to earn a bye in order...I just went down the list of the current standings and picked the 9 I believe will make it and they happened to be 5th right now.

Carry on....

Just saw that you were wondering about opinion on the entire top 9 and not just Andro...  here goes..

DTS -- I think the top of the heap.  They are the most athletic without a doubt.  I would be surprised if they didn't end up #1 at the end.
Kicks Selecao -- I think the most skilled.  I dont' think it's close.  They are not as athletically gifted as DTS, IMO.  But, they are skilled and poised enough that DTS will not be able to simply run them off the field.  That's a game that would be fun to watch.
LPE -- Another fun team to watch.  They are skilled and play quickly.  I also don't think they have the athletes to run with DTS, but they are a well-coached team with very skilled players.
Fever Penn-- Also a fun team to watch as they are coming together nicely.  They have very good skill at several positions but lack the depth of the LPE and Selecao.  They have good athletes but not great.  It will be hard for them to break the top 3.  I think top 5 is a realistic goal for them.  They pretty much beat who you think they will and have a tough time with the very top of the heap.
Andro-- I've already spoken on this topic so won't rehash.
Kicks JM-- They have good potential and are well coached, but I think their size will hurt them.  If you look at their results, They tied Bellas (#16) and they barely beat Spirit who got absolutely trashed by Fever Penn.  probably doesn't bode well for them being able to compete with the top teams but doesn't rule them out of the top 10.  We'll see.  They had a pretty good run through King Tut, so I wouldn't write them off at all.

The other three I'd say the jury's out.  We'll see.
Sting West had a pretty good spring based on results.  Some good wins.
Triumph did great at the 06 level last year and seems to be holding up so far.  Don't know what to think of them yet.
East Gray likewise has a small sample size.

I still think Andro will drop out and be replaced by someone.  Could be Shepard, could be Solar.  (As mentioned in another thread, Solar's standing will completely depend on whether their Red players come down from JDL to play.  If they don't bring JDL players, they won't end up in top ten.)

There you go.  One Person's opinion as you requested!   Very Happy

If my memory serves me right, I think DTS and Selecao have played each other twice already.  In Super Copa and in Plano Labor Day.  I think DTS came up on top both times.  I don't remember the scores though.

majorpayne
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2126
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by KeeperCommander 22/09/16, 04:07 pm

majorpayne wrote:Selecao hasn't been dominant since new age group shuffling. They haven't won against Liverpool Elite , Solar Red either.  Finished last  at supercopa, knocked off early at Plano Labor Day.  The rumor is they have lost a stud forward and half the kicks politics this off season.
Thats a bold statement major.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 22/09/16, 04:10 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
majorpayne wrote:Selecao hasn't been dominant since new age group shuffling. They haven't won against Liverpool Elite , Solar Red either.  Finished last  at supercopa, knocked off early at Plano Labor Day.  The rumor is they have lost a stud forward and half the kicks politics this off season.
Thats a bold statement major.

lol indeed.

Lost in the semis at PLD. I suppose it's not the finals but I'm not sure that's considered "early". They tied LPE and lost to DTS recently. I'm not sure where they've played Red.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by majorpayne 22/09/16, 04:26 pm

Stating recent results. 5th place out of 5 teams at Supercopa. Spanking by DTS at supercopa, Losses or ties with Solar Red, Liverpool Elite and FCD Red at copa. Barely scraping through to semis at PLD by tying Liverpool in group stage.
Tying fever penn at king tut.

majorpayne
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2126
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 22/09/16, 04:42 pm

I bet they end up second. So while it may be true that they are not dominant against all comers, Still think ending up #2 in LHGCL is not too shabby. I don't know the team well enough to know if they've lost players recently, though.... I don't disagree that LPE and Fever Penn can play with them, but they are still a very skilled team. Solar Red and FCD Red don't play LHGCL so really aren't in the consideration of this discussion.

I do agree if you look at the entire 05 landscape, there are very good teams that are not represented in this pool of teams. And those might very well beat Selecao. By definition, I don't disagree that they don't dominate everyone. I stand by my prediction of #2 in D1 LHGCL, though. I still think by my definition that makes them "dominant", in general, in that they will beat 90% of the teams put in front of them. If your definition is crushing everyone, then really DTS is your only candidate for the 05 group. I suppose it's a semantics thing at this point. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 22/09/16, 05:09 pm

You have to take everything mp says with the understanding that she's just trolling. All of her post have been abouut Kicks. Obsessed much?? Neutral
I'm just glad the coach isn't concerned with dominating at u12 but instead focused on long term development of the players and team.
And I'm pretty sure if you asked the coach's of LPE, SR, FCDR, and yes, even DTS. Not one of them will honestly tell you that their teams dominated Selecao either. Wink

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4265
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by majorpayne 22/09/16, 07:11 pm

I get tremendous pleasure in presenting facts.

SWINGIT!! wrote:You have to take everything mp says with the understanding that she's just trolling. All of her post have been abouut Kicks. Obsessed much?? Neutral
I'm just glad the coach isn't concerned with dominating at u12 but instead focused on long term development of the players and team.
And I'm pretty sure if you asked the coach's of LPE, SR, FCDR, and yes, even DTS. Not one of them will honestly tell you that their teams dominated Selecao either. Wink

majorpayne
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 20
Points : 2126
Join date : 2015-08-03

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 22/09/16, 08:12 pm

Good thread

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Lyin Ted 22/09/16, 09:13 pm

majorpayne wrote:I get tremendous pleasure in presenting facts.

SWINGIT!! wrote:You have to take everything mp says with the understanding that she's just trolling. All of her post have been abouut Kicks. Obsessed much?? Neutral
I'm just glad the coach isn't concerned with dominating at u12 but instead focused on long term development of the players and team.
And I'm pretty sure if you asked the coach's of LPE, SR, FCDR, and yes, even DTS. Not one of them will honestly tell you that their teams dominated Selecao either. Wink

OK. Kicks rocked it in SY06 (SY=school year) and you were the best in SY06 team in NTX.

New era and new rules. A lot of us are affected so get with the program. DTS05 are the new standard and enjoy the honor of being a top 10 NTX team.

It's along way to the finish line and they are young and the better competition will make them better.

__________________________________________________
Girls I Am Looking For 60% Effort, 4000% Of The Time!

If I Have Ever Offended you... Just So You Know That From The Bottom Of My Heart.
I Don't Really Give A Shit!

Ted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KeG_i8CWE8#t=48
Lyin Ted
Lyin Ted
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 197
Points : 3169
Join date : 2013-04-15
Location : DFW

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Don Draper 22/09/16, 10:39 pm

Any review and comparative analysis is always interesting and sometimes telling.  Lets take a closer "factual" look at the teams being discussed.

Surprisingly there is a good sampling of games over the last 3+ months to compare the targeted top 5 '05 teams (JDL + LH).  Since 6/1, DTS, FCD Red, Solar Red, Kicks and LPE have competed against each other in 20+ separate games (primarily at SuperCopa and PLD). If you eliminate the 10 games that DTS played against the other 4 teams….which DTS won all games by a total score of 30-2, there actually appears to be a lot of parity between the other 4 teams. I’m going to leave Fever out of this review as they only have 2 comparative games played against this group (a 0-0 tie against Kicks and a 0-1 loss against LPE). Fever will have future opportunities to crack the Top 5 discussion with upcoming games against DTS and Kicks in LH.  

A review of recent "Top 5" scores and competitive records….

DT South vs top 5 - 10/0/0 record (W/L/T) - 32 GF, 3 GA
6/10  4-0 win vs FCD Red
6/10  2-1 win over LPE
6/11  4-0 win vs Solar Red
6/12  5-1 win vs Kicks
6/12  1-0 win vs Solar Red
6/12  2-0 win vs LPE
8/27  3-0 win vs LPE
9/2    4-0 win vs Kicks
9/4    4-0 win vs LPE
9/5    3-1 win vs FCD Red

FCD Red vs Solar Red, Kicks & LPE
2/1/3 record - GF 6, GA 5

LPE vs FCD Red, Solar Red & Kicks
2/1/2 record - GF 5, GA 4

Solar Red vs FCD Red, Kicks & LPE
0/0/4 record - GF 6 , GA 6

Kicks vs FCD Red, Solar Red & LPE
0/2/3 record - GF 5, GA 6

Comparative Game Results Since 6/1 - FCDRvSRvKicksvLPE
6/10  FCDR vs SR tie 1-1

6/10  LPE win vs Kicks 1-0

6/11  FCDR win vs LPE 1-0

6/11  Kicks vs FCDR tie 1-1

6/11  SR vs Kicks tie 2-2

6/12  LPE win vs FCDR 1-0

6/12  LPE vs SR tie 1-1

9/5   FCDR win vs Kicks 1-0

9/13  LPE vs Kicks tie 2-2

9/18  SR vs FCDR tie 2-2

Number One is definitely clear cut, but a 2-5 ranking can and should be debated and closely watched for the next 9 months. Keep the discussion going….


Last edited by Don Draper on 23/09/16, 07:18 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : typos)
Don Draper
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 2155
Join date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by KeeperCommander 23/09/16, 05:45 am

Don Draper wrote:Any review and comparative analysis is always interesting and sometimes telling.  Lets take a closer "factual" look at the teams being discussed.

Surprisingly there is a good sampling of games over the last 3+ months to compare the targeted top 5 '05 teams (JDL + LH).  Since 6/1, DTS, FCD Red, Solar Red, Kicks and LPE have competed against each other in 20+ separate games (primarily at SuperCopa and PLD). If you eliminate the 10 games that DTS played against the other 4 teams….which DTS won all games by a total score of 30-2, there actually appears to be a lot of parity between the other 4 teams. I’m going to leave Fever out of this review as they only have 2 comparative games played against this group (a 0-0 tie against Kicks and a 0-1 loss against LPE). Fever will have future opportunities to crack the Top 5 discussion with upcoming games against DTS and Kicks in LH.  

A review of recent "Top 5" scores and competitive records….

DT South vs top 5 - 10/0/0 record (W/L/T) - 32 GF, 3 GA
6/10  4-0 win vs FCD Red
6/10  2-1 win over LPE
6/11  4-0 win vs Solar Red
6/12  5-1 win vs Kicks
6/12  1-0 win vs Solar Red
6/12  2-0 win vs LPE
8/27  3-0 win vs LPE
9/2    4-0 win vs Kicks
9/4    4-0 win vs LPE
9/5    3-1 win vs FCD Red

FCD Red vs Solar Red, Kicks & LPE
2/1/2 record - GF 6, GA 5

LPE vs FCD Red, Solar Red & Kicks
2/1/2 record - GF 5, GA 4

Solar Red vs FCD Red, Kicks & LPE
0/0/4 record - GF 6 , GA 6

Kicks vs FCD Red, Solar Red & LPE
0/3/2 record - GF 5, GA 6

Comparative Game Results Since 6/1 - FCDRvSRvKicksvLPE
6/10  FCDR vs SR tie 1-1

6/10  LPE win vs Kicks 1-0

6/11  FCDR win vs LPE 1-0

6/11  Kicks vs FCDR tie 1-1

6/11  SR vs Kicks tie 2-2

6/12  LPE win vs FCDR 1-0

6/12  LPE vs SR tie 1-1

9/5   FCDR win vs Kicks 1-0

9/13  LPE vs Kicks tie 2-2

9/18  SR vs FCDR tie 2-2

Number One is definitely clear cut, but a 2-5 ranking can and should be debated and closely watched for the next 9 months. Keep the discussion going….
Very solid analysis D Drap. I know you used Supercopa to get more games for comparison but no one had signed yet. Prob better to start after signing, then again you would lose half the games. As soon as LPE, KICKS and FEV play in LH you will have more data. Also I think FCDR should be 2/1/3 and KICKS should be 0/2/3 judging by the 10 games you listed.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Don Draper 23/09/16, 07:23 am

Agreed Keep. More games after 7/1 will clarify further, but using what we have for now for comparison and discussion. Thanks for catching w/l/t edit. I've updated.
Don Draper
Don Draper
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 17
Points : 2155
Join date : 2015-07-06

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Guest 23/09/16, 08:36 am

nice work!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by TatonkaBurger 23/09/16, 08:39 am

The numbers don't lie.

As the late great Denny Green said "They are who we thought they were..."
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4276
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by KeeperCommander 23/09/16, 08:44 am

Don Draper wrote:Agreed Keep. More games after 7/1 will clarify further, but using what we have for now for comparison and discussion. Thanks for catching w/l/t edit. I've updated.
If you have the time can can you give us a statistical breakdown of sideline enthusiasm, height and weight of each player by position and favorite color of each coach.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4479
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by jm23jm 23/09/16, 10:52 am

[quote="majorpayne"]Selecao hasn't been dominant since new age group shuffling. They haven't won against Liverpool Elite , Solar Red either.  Finished last  at supercopa, knocked off early at Plano Labor Day.  The rumor is they have lost a stud forward and half the kicks politics this off season. [


MP is correct this team hasn't been dominant since age group changes.  Who really cares at this age? For me personally the best thing that could happen to this team was age pure and them having to change from Selecao 06 to Selecao 05.  This team pretty much stayed as a traditional team and are competing well. We also did not make our 06's play down, so we are one of the youngest teams.  In the end, being competitive is truly what is important to me.  Come watch the team play and see if they can compete.  Ask LE, FCDR and DTS who we played in Plano if team can compete.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 443
Points : 4891
Join date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

05 Division 1 - Page 3 Empty Re: 05 Division 1

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum