North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: 04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016

Post by MrRogers 23/08/16, 12:02 pm

Hodor wrote:Looks like #3 is working just fine.

Well arrogance is blinding.

All of my kids are passed academy. You know what the say about assumptions...

For the record... I would say you are more of a Lannister than a northerner...

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016 - Page 2 Empty Re: 04G North Texas Rankings - August 22nd, 2016

Post by Guest 23/08/16, 12:10 pm

MrRogers wrote:Let's not pretend the "no scores" is to help development. The entire point of JDL and Champions leagues is money. It's really very simple.

1) create exclusive league for big clubs onlysoon there will only be big clubs, hence all the mergers and absorption going on
2) get rid of scores so no one knows for sure who is top dogsince when, looking back, did being the top dog matter during "developmental" ages?
3) create 10 teams per age group in your clubthis is nothing new....espcially at FCD. Should have seen the interest level during open try-outs.
4) promise little Susie's parents that daughter can get on one of the top teams or be "developed" to one shortlya lot of coaches sell dreams, we all know that. its on the parents to buy...dont need JDL for that. Theres winning, ecnl, smu market training, "playing up" opportunities etc... we all drink Kool Aid just have different flavor preferences

Look at FC Dallas 04... JDL Blue, JDL Red, Premier team, and 6 or 7 others...
again....supply and demand and of course $$$

JDL BLUE and JDL RED could easily be in LH like lets say DTS...how does being in one league mean more money for a coach? Im all ears.
Follow the $$$
speaking of assumptions.....

Last edited by WhySeauxSerious on 23/08/16, 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Hodor 23/08/16, 12:18 pm

Hodor pledges allegiance to the new King of The North and rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms John Snow.
Hodor
Hodor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 23/08/16, 02:02 pm

I think hodor is actually the president of lh. Only a simpleton would allow the enemy through the gates so easily.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 23/08/16, 02:18 pm

The worst part of all this is you used to know where the clubs all stood.

Feet 1 d-1 team
Lfc 2-3 d-1 teams
Solar 1 d-1 team
Texans 2-3 d-1 teams
Sting 5-6 spread among the divisions
Fcd 1 d-1/d-2 team 22 ppl teams
Indies filled the rest

Now it's all jumbled.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRogers 23/08/16, 02:21 pm

Hodor wrote:Hodor pledges allegiance to the new King of The North and rightful ruler of the seven kingdoms John Snow.  

Do you mean John Targaryen?

MrRogers
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by miller287 23/08/16, 02:25 pm

04GRankings wrote:
miller287 wrote:Why would you even add the JDL teams to the list?

The rosters are completely open to anyone in the club, the whole idea is a non pressured environment so you can try new things without worrying of a loss knocking you out of the league. Some teams will be different week to week and a lot of times it will have players in new positions they are not as strong at.

I like what you are trying to do and hope for the best with it - but comparing the JDL teams to teams playing Competitive soccer with set rosters is apples to oranges..IMO

I don't know a whole lot about JDL, but I suspect most will have a fairly set roster based on the tryout posts and talk about tryouts I have heard and seen over the past several months.  

With that said I suspect that including them in the rankings will not have a significant impact on how the coaches approach the games.  As well, because all of them are also playing tourneys, they will have a material involvement in the 04 age group that wouldn't make since to exclude them. Thus they along with every other NTX 04 team will be equally represented if they are playing in a competitive league or a competitive tourney.  

That Makes sense if you only use the games they play in tourneys, I would just be worried about using scores from JDL league itself.
but no matter it will stir conversation either way which has been lacking around here..

The JDL league looks like a good idea, I think Lake Highlands must have passed out different sales pamphlets to every club on what they have and how to use it. Will be fun games regardless of how all clubs use their team spots.

miller287
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 23/08/16, 03:05 pm

miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

The rosters are completely open to anyone in the club, the whole idea is a non pressured environment so you can try new things without worrying of a loss knocking you out of the league. Some teams will be different week to week and a lot of times it will have players in new positions they are not as strong at.

I like what you are trying to do and hope for the best with it - but comparing the JDL teams to teams playing Competitive soccer with set rosters is apples to oranges..IMO

I don't know a whole lot about JDL, but I suspect most will have a fairly set roster based on the tryout posts and talk about tryouts I have heard and seen over the past several months.  

With that said I suspect that including them in the rankings will not have a significant impact on how the coaches approach the games.  As well, because all of them are also playing tourneys, they will have a material involvement in the 04 age group that wouldn't make since to exclude them. Thus they along with every other NTX 04 team will be equally represented if they are playing in a competitive league or a competitive tourney.  

That Makes sense if you only use the games they play in tourneys, I would just be worried about using scores from JDL league itself.
but no matter it will stir conversation either way which has been lacking around here..

The JDL league looks like a good idea, I think Lake Highlands must have passed out different sales pamphlets to every club on what they have and how to use it. Will be fun games regardless of how all clubs use their team spots.

Agreed...

Last few years of LH, 4-5 top teams battling it out for 1st place.
3-4 middle teams battling to keep D1 bye.
2-3 Lower tier teams just passing through.

Why not have JDL and cut the bull crap...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 23/08/16, 03:44 pm

Likely that the 9 JDL teams will not be the best 9 teams in NTX (but those clubs probably want you to think that Wink).

Now you will have -

JDL - 5-6 teams battling it out for a scoreless presumed champion
JDL - 3-4 teams wondering if they would have been better off playing D1

D1 - 2-3 teams battling for supremacy
D1 - 3-4 teams safe in the middle
D1 - 2-3 teams just passing through

D2 - 2-3 teams who could beat 1/2 the D1 teams (since 1/2 the teams were just promoted to D1 based on their club affiliation)
D2 - 10-12 teams who do just fine
D2 - 6-8 teams who never had any business in LH, but it feels good to tell your co-workers

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by miller287 23/08/16, 04:37 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

Agreed...

Oh no -- I am in no way suggesting that JDL is a better way to get the most out of our players, I wish the promotion and relegation went further at Lake Highlands..JDL I think it is good to have a Friendly games system set up.

Lake highlands does 2 major things I do not agree with.. but this is only my opinion.

1) they only promote and relegate once per year. should be per season with plano filling in the bottom 2 spots of d3 (teams of 9 or 10  per division)
2) if a team does not stay together then their bye needs to go away making room for teams that are together.
currently it goes to the club and they usually fill it with a team that may or may not be able to compete in that division-- and they get to be beat up for a full year anyway..

then JDL would be a  2nd league where you do not have to worry that your season is on the line would be nice..Then we would not need CPP any longer silent unless there was an injured player. maybe only players from lower division could CPP..

miller287
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 23/08/16, 04:43 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

Agreed...

You are kidding yourself if you think JDL will "cut the bull crap."  JDL will be a battle between the top Solar, FC Dallas, Sting and Texans team.  And those 4 are well defined already.  That means you have 5 that have no chance of "winning" the league.  Sorry but it is the truth.  So is there really a difference?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 23/08/16, 04:53 pm

The only difference - the 5 ECNL clubs (or some form of the majority of them) colluded to exclude the lowly independents from their special club.

This isn't about developing the best talent in NTX as much as it is about driving the best talent to ECNL clubs as early as possible.  The clubs can't afford to have independents like Kicks 01 out there tarnishing the image of NTX ECNL.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 23/08/16, 05:04 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

Agreed...

You are kidding yourself if you think JDL will "cut the bull crap."  JDL will be a battle between the top Solar, FC Dallas, Sting and Texans team.  And those 4 are well defined already.  That means you have 5 that have no chance of "winning" the league.  Sorry but it is the truth.  So is there really a difference?

Look at LHGCL '04 D1.
Explain to me how DTS doesn't win out.
Add those JDL teams to LHGCL '04 D1, and there's a strong argument they don't finish number 1. But those other teams don't stand a chance still. Why even spar with them?
JDL sort of "consolidates" or "condenses" the competitive games.
For a top team it's like going to Beat the Heat, for what?! You know the level of comp and the outcome.

Get some good competitive games in, hopefully majority of all the games are competitive. Sort of take note who won but don't hunker down on it, train more, and get ready for the movement this next spring.
The movement where the top ECNL girls move to DA, the top JDL girls try for ECNL and or DA, more small clubs joining big clubs and leagues restructuring and maybe new ones being created. Nothing will ever be the same.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 23/08/16, 05:08 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:The only difference - the 5 ECNL clubs (or some form of the majority of them) colluded to exclude the lowly independents from their special club.

This isn't about developing the best talent in NTX as much as it is about driving the best talent to ECNL clubs as early as possible.  The clubs can't afford to have independents like Kicks 01 out there tarnishing the image of NTX ECNL.

Kicks are one in many but you know the big clubs are either trying to get the whole team or picking off their top players one by one or in pairs with offers they can't refuse.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 23/08/16, 10:24 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

Agreed...

Look at LHGCL '04 D1.
Add those JDL teams to LHGCL '04 D1, and there's a strong argument they don't finish number 1. But those other teams don't stand a chance still. Why even spar with them?
For a top team it's like going to Beat the Heat, for what?! You know the level of comp and the outcome.

Get some good competitive games in, hopefully majority of all the games are competitive. Sort of take note who won but don't hunker down on it, train more, and get ready for the movement this next spring.
The movement where the top ECNL girls move to DA, the top JDL girls try for ECNL and or DA, more small clubs joining big clubs and leagues restructuring and maybe new ones being created. Nothing will ever be the same.

Yes DTS really shouldn't have gone to Beat The Heat.  We should have stayed this month and played in the Texas Summer Classic.   The games there were much more "competitive".  

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=51293&GroupID=512131&Gender=Girls&Age=13
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 24/08/16, 06:25 am

06southgirl wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:
04GRankings wrote:

Agreed...

Look at LHGCL '04 D1.

Yes DTS really shouldn't have gone to Beat The Heat.  We should have stayed this month and played in the Texas Summer Classic.   The games there were much more "competitive".  

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=51293&GroupID=512131&Gender=Girls&Age=13

That's a local tournament.
And I didn't see the champion team on here bragging like it was state cup or surf cup. Don't be overly defensive champ. You missed the analogy or maybe the "?!" put you in your feelings? Well let me be the first to apologize. Don't be so vain, this thread is more about JDL the about the champs.

Last edited by AngelinaGoalee on 24/08/16, 07:00 am; edited 1 time in total

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 24/08/16, 06:52 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
miller287 wrote:

Agreed...

Look at LHGCL '04 D1.

And I didn't see the champion team on here bragging like it was state cup or surf cup. Don't be overly defensive champ. You missed the analogy or maybe the "?!" put you in your feelings. Go rep on the 06 board.

Just looking at your post history the majority of your posts talk about DTS or Beat the Heat. It's all good. I get it.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 24/08/16, 08:59 am

06southgirl wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
06southgirl wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
TatonkaBurger wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:

Agreed...

Look at LHGCL '04 D1.

And I didn't see the champion team on here bragging like it was state cup or surf cup. Don't be overly defensive champ. You missed the analogy or maybe the "?!" put you in your feelings. Go rep on the 06 board.

Just looking at your post history the majority of your posts talk about DTS or Beat the Heat.   It's all good.   I get it.    

Well. look. at. you.
Investigating to see who's "hating" on your team and how.
Well 5 of 14 is hardly majority but who's counting? Typical.
Again. It isnt about the champs so i wont make it, I humbly bow out.
just trolling and a troll loves the attention.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 24/08/16, 09:31 am

Dang Angelina, she hunting you down on a different topic! She didn't even explain how DTS doesn't win D1 though, did she.

Anyway back on topic:
Did you leave FCD JDL Red off your rankings because they played up? They played in the 03 division of the same tournament as FCD JDL Blue and you have them listed on your rankings. I'm interested to see how your rankings work in cases such as playing up.
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 24/08/16, 09:51 am

Read_These_Nikes wrote:Dang Angelina, she hunting you down on a different topic! She didn't even explain how DTS doesn't win D1 though, did she.

Anyway back on topic:
Did you leave FCD JDL Red off your rankings because they played up? They played in the 03 division of the same tournament as FCD JDL Blue and you have them listed on your rankings. I'm interested to see how your rankings work in cases such as playing up.

I only include games versus other 04 teams. In the case of Blue they played Ayses 04 Girls Gold, FC Dallas East 04G Red, Sting Dallas 04G Flanagan x2 games, Sting West 04G Guerra

The red team played all 03 teams, they are in PLD so both will have a lot more games in the database along with 52 other teams and ~240 games. September 6th rankings should be interesting.

CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Read_These_Nikes 24/08/16, 10:03 am

Got it, definitely will be something to talk about
Read_These_Nikes
Read_These_Nikes
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 24/08/16, 04:45 pm

SickofSilliness wrote:The only difference - the 5 ECNL clubs (or some form of the majority of them) colluded to exclude the lowly independents from their special club.

I am raising a full beer to that point.  Cheers SoS!
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent 24/08/16, 05:35 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:

I am raising a full beer to that point.  Cheers SoS!

Full beer...   You're getting an early start!
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TX Turf Burn 24/08/16, 07:00 pm

Just question from a novice,  but didn't Kicks just merge in some form or fashion with the Dfeeters (an ECNL club)recently?
TX Turf Burn
TX Turf Burn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 24/08/16, 07:42 pm

Merger would not be the word to use. Perhaps affiliation of some form or fashion.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2