North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 12 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

ECNL swings back at DA

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

ECNL swings back at DA - Page 12 Empty Re: ECNL swings back at DA

Post by AtThePitch 06/01/17, 01:27 pm

Thin skin nope, bored and messing with an okie... hell yeah. Lol

AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TulsaFootballDad 06/01/17, 01:34 pm

I have a sense of humor and can take it, lol
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 07/01/17, 02:32 pm

TulsaFootballDad wrote:FC Dallas formerly the Burn

Not to get off track, but the Burn was founded in 96 with the rest of the MLS. Dallas Inter had been around before then. Neither was a partner of each other until well until the 2000s. I'm not sure when but it seems like it was around 2005 or so. IIRC, it all officially came together at the same time with the Hunt's purchasing the team (officially) and opening the Pizza Hut Park stadium and complex out in Frisco. Did I miss the part where the millionaire started the club so his kids could get on a good team and secure a college scholarship (cuz millionaire's need those...)

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 07/01/17, 04:26 pm

i think Tulsa knows the error of his ways now. You can run wild with your opinions on this forum but you need at least a small link to truth to avoid being called on your BS!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/01/17, 05:53 pm

Blues Fan wrote:i think Tulsa knows the error of his ways now. You can run wild with your opinions on this forum but you need at least a small link to truth to avoid being called on your BS!

I beg your pardon. This forum only deals in facts not opinions jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 08/01/17, 08:06 am

The biggest upside for GDA is no reentry sub rules. Like it or not, FIFA rules require a different style of play. Many players that excel under Anson Dorrance style of play, which is the dominant style in girls youth soccer, can struggle under FIFA rules where you have to think more, have better vision and decsion making and cannot run full speed the entire time you're on the field. Those rules bring tactical awareness to the forefront for players and coaches. It's a huge deviation from college rules, but it has to happen for our player pool to stay ahead of the many nations closing the gap to our top players.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 08/01/17, 10:42 am

HomeStretch wrote:The biggest upside for GDA is no reentry sub rules. Like it or not, FIFA rules require a different style of play. Many players that excel under Anson Dorrance style of play, which is the dominant style in girls youth soccer, can struggle under FIFA rules where you have to think more, have better vision and decsion making and cannot run full speed the entire time you're on the field. Those rules bring tactical awareness to the forefront for players and coaches. It's a huge deviation from college rules, but it has to happen for our player pool to stay ahead of the many nations closing the gap to our top players.

I happen to agree with you, but will go ahead and get out the usual responses to no reentry rules.

. Look at our WNT.  They have been and are the best in the world.  It's just a matter of fitness.
. Open substitution allows more players to play, and therefore develops more players.
. FIFA sub rules are not compatible with a pay to play model like we have below the college level.

Other great question is why it works for the WNT but not the MNT?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 11/01/17, 12:06 am

gametime7 wrote:to address timmyh and tpitty comments:            
Here are some excerpts from what US Soccer has published to date:  
From the girls DA faq:  "The projected pool would equate to approximately 23 players per age group for a total of 69 full-time players amongst the three age groups (U-14/15, U-16/17, and U-18/19)."
From the article summarizing the girls DA launch meeting in Chicago, under 'by the numbers' : "71 clubs, 5,000 players".  Doing the math, that's 70 players per club, which supports 23 players per age group.

If anyone has newer / different information from US Soccer, please post, but it certainly appears US Soccer plans on 23 per team for the first year.  

Specific to ECNL,  roster sizes vary but 18 is max game day roster. ECNL structure does differ considerably from DA. Each ECNL club has 6 teams, so around 40 more players per club. ECNL allows up to 7 subs per half, and 1h subs can re-enter in 2h. That structure enables reasonable playing time for all players (at the coaches discretion of course), even for rosters of 18.  
Incidentally, college sub rules are a little more flexible (no limits, can re-enter in 2h), which ironically means DA players will 'develop' under more stringent playing time conditions than what they will play under in college.
Perhaps US Soccer will make some structural changes before Fall 2017.

If they follow what they are doing with the boys, looks like US Soccer will likely implement single age groups for girls DA in short order too - further cutting into ECNL's player pool:

http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2017/01/10/20/15/20170110-news-us-soccer-development-academy-introduces-u15-single-age-group-for-2017-18-season

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 11/01/17, 04:20 am

They have repeatedly stated... will not match the boys.. "girls are different"
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerKick 11/01/17, 09:04 am

AtThePitch wrote:They have repeatedly stated... will not match the boys.. "girls are different"

I believe they will, however they would say "for the development".

Be prepare single age group for girl DA starting U12.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTexas 11/01/17, 11:10 am

AtThePitch wrote:They have repeatedly stated... will not match the boys.. "girls are different"

?? Please read direct quotes form April Heinrichs herself  http://www.soccerwire.com/news/soccerwire-qa-u-s-soccers-april-heinrichs-dishes-on-girls-da-mallory-pugh-and-more/

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/67785/girls-development-academy-promises-to-be-less-expe.html

SoccerTexas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 11/01/17, 11:21 am

I have read them, and I was lucky enough to have sat in on the public conference calls they held after the announcement of it all.

Questions were asked directly of them and direct answers were given. They addressed why there were not mimicking the structure of the boys "girls and boys are different and we do not feel it is needed for the girls", and they addressed the no high school sports..."players currently in high school would be grandfathered and permitted to play and by 2020 all players must be in alignment with their directive.

boys DA has been around for 9 years, they have made changes to it, and i think the model is showing to be working, and no not yet on the full mens side. I think they should copy the boys structure, period. Thats what I think.

But for whatever reason after 9 years of boys DA, if they were going to do it, why are they not doing it from the start. in fact some of the clubs that pulled out had issue with how the teams would have affected overall numbers for them...

im simply watching, taking notes, and learning... never been one to get my hopes up when everything they have said and are about to do points to not copying the boys.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTexas 11/01/17, 12:38 pm

AtThePitch wrote:I have read them, and I was lucky enough to have sat in on the public conference calls they held after the announcement of it all.  

Questions were asked directly of them and direct answers were given.  They addressed why there were not mimicking the structure of the boys "girls and boys are different and we do not feel it is needed for the girls", and they addressed the no high school sports..."players currently in high school would be grandfathered and permitted to play and by 2020 all players must be in alignment with their directive.

boys DA has been around for 9 years, they have made changes to it, and i think the model is showing to be working, and no not yet on the full mens side.  I think they should copy the boys structure, period.  Thats what I think.

But for whatever reason after 9 years of boys DA, if they were going to do it, why are they not doing it from the start.  in fact some of the clubs that pulled out had issue with how the teams would have affected overall numbers for them...

im simply watching, taking notes, and learning... never been one to get my hopes up when everything they have said and are about to do points to not copying the boys.

You are not stating the complete facts. While first group of DA players will be allowed to play HS they will NOT be allowed to play both DA and HS at the same time. So HS in TX starts Dec 1 and culminates in April with the state tournament. Player would be off the DA team for 4-5 months. The DA does not stop for the HS season.

SoccerTexas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 15/01/17, 04:56 pm

Looks like there will be single GDA birth years, at least for U14 and U15. Another nail in the ECNL coffin.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun 15/01/17, 07:22 pm

my point on this if you watched the past 5 years or so US Club has trounced the Federation regarding marketing, branding and quality product. To now assume that they (US Club) will willingly just sit back and "hand over the girls side" would be to do so at your own peril. The bigger question for me is not how things will shake out on the girls but how effectively US Club will be able to bring the boys ECNL to life and compete. For my money I would be betting on US Club based on their track record. It will be interesting to see in a few years but that's where I'm going.
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 15/01/17, 08:42 pm

Na, the effort and marketing will be their but the top clubs and players will filter into the GDA, and DA clubs. I give ECNL huge credit for putting women's soccer on the map through out the region and nationally, but the bigger question is will parents pay the price tag for a second tier league. My guess here in Dallas is yes!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 15/01/17, 09:58 pm

timmyh wrote:Looks like there will be single GDA birth years, at least for U14 and U15. Another nail in the ECNL coffin.

Confirmed by US Soccer in an email to all academy clubs. Sample:
http://lapremierfc.com/football/girlsacademy

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 16/01/17, 01:54 am

timmyh wrote:
timmyh wrote:Looks like there will be single GDA birth years, at least for U14 and U15. Another nail in the ECNL coffin.

As I said, but surprised they aren't wasting any time.

This feud is ugly. For the good of the national teams, there needs to be one favorite. But DA isn't for all. Wish they'd focus on the studs and let ECNL still serve as the gateway for those desiring to play college.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 16/01/17, 07:56 am

ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:

This feud is ugly. For the good of the national teams, there needs to be one favorite. But DA isn't for all. Wish they'd focus on the studs and let ECNL still serve as the gateway for those desiring to play college.

That would be ideal.

i.e let DA focus on players in contention for the National Team & D1 top 25 college programs, and ECNL for the rest of the aspiring college players and geographic outliers.

Unfortunately the economics of girls soccer make it unlikely that it will settle that way.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 16/01/17, 10:18 am

More help from LA Premier to help clarify some of the structure for the GDA:
3 Showcase events: Winter (December 7-11, 2017), Spring (March/April), Summer (June)
Frontier Conference - 26-30 Regular Season Games; 35-39 total games
Fall Season - September 2 - November 19, 2017
Spring Season - January 20 - June 3, 2018
Gameday Roster - 18, limited subs across 3 "moments" no re-entry, 25% start rate over course of season
Rosters size - 16-23
Developmental Players must come from within the DA club and can play in a max of 6 games
http://lapremierfc.com/_files/football/girlsacademy/Girls%20DA%20Overview%20PDF.pdf

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 16/01/17, 10:24 am

timmyh wrote:More help from LA Premier to help clarify some of the structure for the GDA:
3 Showcase events: Winter (December 7-11, 2017), Spring (March/April), Summer (June)
Gameday Roster - 18, limited subs across 3 "moments" no re-entry, 25% start rate over course of season
Rosters size - 16-23
Developmental Players must come from within the DA club and can play in a max of 6 games
http://lapremierfc.com/_files/football/girlsacademy/Girls%20DA%20Overview%20PDF.pdf

Sounds like they are on the mark if they are focused on developing players for WNT / FIFA rules.

Kind of gives players some choice and alternative paths depending on their endpoint aspirations. Not that either path precludes cross over at some point.

WNT - DA
College Soccer - ECNL

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 16/01/17, 10:29 am

Lefty wrote:
timmyh wrote:More help from LA Premier to help clarify some of the structure for the GDA:
Rosters size - 16-23

Sounds like they are on the mark if they are focused on developing players for WNT / FIFA rules.

I think DA is better set up for potential college players, too. I love the 25% start rule. How many girls on the backend of an ECNL roster hardly see the field? Quite a few. This forces all players to be contributors. For the showcases or playoffs, basically every single girl on the roster will get at least one start. That's great for college coaches to get to see a bubble player (rather than inviting coaches out to a game and hoping the 18th girl on the roster gets a few minute run out on the field).

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 16/01/17, 10:39 am

timmyh wrote:
Lefty wrote:
Rosters size - 16-23

I think DA is better set up for potential college players, too.  I love the 25% start rule.  How many girls on the backend of an ECNL roster hardly see the field?  Quite a few.  This forces all players to be contributors.  For the showcases or playoffs, basically every single girl on the roster will get at least one start.  That's great for college coaches to get to see a bubble player (rather than inviting coaches out to a game and hoping the 18th girl on the roster gets a few minute run out on the field).

Don't disagree. However for some players whose aspiration is college soccer, ECNL may be a better stylistic platform to present themselves in showcasing their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses as it will more closely approximate the collegiate rules.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/01/17, 10:42 am

Lefty wrote:
ForReal wrote:
timmyh wrote:

That would be ideal.  

i.e let DA focus on players in contention for the National Team & D1 top 25 college programs, and ECNL for the rest of the aspiring college players and geographic outliers.

Unfortunately the economics of girls soccer make it unlikely that it will settle that way.

Forget about economics... Egos will make it unlikely that it will settle out that way... From DA/ECNL Brass, to College/Club coaches, to players and their parents...

Back to top Go down

Post by HomeStretch 16/01/17, 10:47 am

Lefty wrote:
Kind of gives players some choice and alternative paths depending on their endpoint aspirations.  Not that either path precludes cross over at some point.

WNT - DA
College Soccer - ECNL

Likely in a few years it will play out as...

WNT - Odds too small for anyone to worry about
YNT & Top 75  College Soccer - DA
Mid Major D1 and below College Soccer - ECNL, USYS, NPL, Super Y, etc. etc. etc.

the super studs on high school private school scholarships will get to play DA because USSF won't let them miss the top level.

HomeStretch
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerTexas 16/01/17, 10:59 am

USSF has already caved and split out the U14/U15 age groups.  The member clubs will soon drive the split of the U16/U17 age groups as well.  That will get them back to 5 top teams U14/U15/U16/U17/U18-19 to keep the fees coming with the same roster spots as ECNL.  This will bring the level of play right back to where ECNL is currently.  DA was supposed to be a level above ECNL with the combined teams, now it will end up right back at the ECNL level.  Same small numbers of market training invites, GNT/YNT pool players pulled from same regions.  

Its a power grab by USSF over US Club.  They are tired of the continuous ECNL press releases showing how many GNT/YNT are ECNL'ers.  USSF should have come to the table and merged/taken over ECNL from the very beginning. Egos wouldnt allow it.

SoccerTexas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 19 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next