North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

05's- 2nd Half Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

05's- 2nd Half

Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty 05's- 2nd Half

Post by tpitty 20/01/17, 02:02 pm

With the 2nd half of the season a few weeks away, which team do you see taking the 05 age group?

DTS and Kicks are running away with this division thus far and heading for another epic dual on March 26th.

So who you got?-- and do you see another team stepping up to give them a run?
Sting West is in 3rd and still has to play both. Can they make a big 7 pt comeback to steal this division?


tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 4564
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by ForReal 20/01/17, 02:18 pm

tpitty wrote:With the 2nd half of the season a few weeks away, which team do you see taking the 05 age group?

DTS and Kicks are running away with this division thus far and heading for another epic dual on March 26th.

So who you got?-- and do you see another team stepping up to give them a run?
Sting West is in 3rd and still has to play both. Can they make a big 7 pt comeback to steal this division?


To answer your question - no way. It would be a major upset for Sting West to win one of those games or even pull a draw. I'll take Liverpool Elite to ultimately take over the third spot.

As for March 26, DTS will be on fire after their Vegas loss to Kicks, but Kicks are great, too, and seemingly only getting better. Two months out, I'll take Kicks to beat DTS again.

The real question is who makes DI next year? 6 points separating 8-12.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 4027
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 20/01/17, 07:45 pm

Let's pump the brakes a little. DTS is still the big dog in the 05 age group. One loss in OT doesn't change that. Kicks still has a long way to go, and has to play more consistently before talking of a change at the top.

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4436
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by Lakedad 20/01/17, 10:12 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:Let's pump the brakes a little. DTS is still the big dog in the 05 age group. One loss in OT doesn't change that. Kicks still has a long way to go, and has to play more consistently before talking of a change at the top.

Obviously, you know your team much better than anyone. That gap is closing and we watched it Monday. That was a hellova game. Both teams attacking until the end. Listening to you talk to the kids tells me all I need to know about you as a coach. Much respect

No doubt DTS will come back focused and hungry. Hopefully the top 3-4 teams feed off each other and continue to develop into national contenders. I, for one liked the final 4 Texas showdown in other states.



Lakedad
Lakedad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 359
Points : 3660
Join date : 2012-10-21
Location : Lake today? I can't, my kid has soccer.

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 21/01/17, 06:43 am

Lakedad wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:Let's pump the brakes a little. DTS is still the big dog in the 05 age group. One loss in OT doesn't change that. Kicks still has a long way to go, and has to play more consistently before talking of a change at the top.

Obviously, you know your team much better than anyone.  That gap is closing and we watched it Monday.  That was a hellova game.  Both teams attacking until the end.  Listening to you talk to the kids tells me all I need to know about you as a coach.  Much respect



 
I think I am a good sideline coach as well. However, JM has asked me and the other sideline coaches (parents) repeatedly not to coach during the game. It's a work in progress. Laughing

__________________________________________________
When everyone is super, no one will be!
Syndrome

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4436
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by KeeperCommander 21/01/17, 09:11 am

ForReal wrote:
tpitty wrote:With the 2nd half of the season a few weeks away, which team do you see taking the 05 age group?

DTS and Kicks are running away with this division thus far and heading for another epic dual on March 26th.

So who you got?-- and do you see another team stepping up to give them a run?
Sting West is in 3rd and still has to play both. Can they make a big 7 pt comeback to steal this division?


To answer your question - no way.  It would be a major upset for Sting West to win one of those games or even pull a draw.  I'll take Liverpool Elite to ultimately take over the third spot.  

As for March 26, DTS will be on fire after their Vegas loss to Kicks, but Kicks are great, too, and seemingly only getting better.  Two months out, I'll take Kicks to beat DTS again.  

The real question is who makes DI next year?  6 points separating 8-12.

cheers   So who will it be?

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4650
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by ForReal 21/01/17, 11:32 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:Let's pump the brakes a little. DTS is still the big dog in the 05 age group. One loss in OT doesn't change that. Kicks still has a long way to go, and has to play more consistently before talking of a change at the top.

Very humble and I appreciate that, but no doubt Kicks are in the conversation of top 05 teams.  As of now, it's a three-team top tier with DTS, FCD Red, and Kicks. DTS is no longer untouchable. Any given day....

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 4027
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by Soccerchat 22/01/17, 09:59 pm

Brainstormed one of kicks 05 parents. He said DTS had more shots on goal in semis and the win came in PKs.  
He doesn't believe kicks can beat dts at LH.   So I have to agree with swingit both teams are evenly matched for now.



SWINGIT!! wrote:Let's pump the brakes a little. DTS is still the big dog in the 05 age group. One loss in OT doesn't change that. Kicks still has a long way to go, and has to play more consistently before talking of a change at the top.


Last edited by Soccerchat on 22/01/17, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soccerchat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 25
Points : 1767
Join date : 2017-01-18

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by tpitty 23/01/17, 09:36 am

[quote="Soccerchat"]Brainstormed one of kicks 05 parents. He said DTS had more shots on goal in semis and the win came in PKs.  
He doesn't believe kicks can beat dts at LH.   So I have to agree with swingit both teams are evenly matched for now.


Tourney's are fun like that. They definitely put some wear and tear on legs going into each bracket match. Either way, the result was in the kicks favor, and probably took some wind out of the sails going int the final with FCD Red. The rematch should be a good one.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 423
Points : 4564
Join date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

05's- 2nd Half Empty Re: 05's- 2nd Half

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum