North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
BVB 09G White open training Today at 11:44 amBVB09G
Solar 2010G Shepard GK NeededToday at 07:55 amskills
D1 GCL Solar 06 Girls TeamToday at 12:25 amworldsoccer
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2008 girls.Yesterday at 03:42 pmJuventus FC Dallas
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2009 girls.Yesterday at 03:33 pmJuventus FC Dallas
2009 Manchester SCYesterday at 02:49 pmsoccer712
McKinney United Black 2011 Girls - Register NowYesterday at 02:21 pmjoshlitt
Sting Black NTX ECNL RL U18/U19G TryoutsYesterday at 09:46 amBFC
Solar Kit Adult smallYesterday at 09:22 amkicks4kids
Triumph FC 05G (Stones) - Classic D2Yesterday at 09:04 amTriumphFC05G (Stones)
Open Training Tonight for GA and ECNL-RL, NTX Yesterday at 08:41 amJumpman
FC FAST '10 Boys (Powell) Open Sessions Starting May 17thYesterday at 08:20 amfcfast10
FC Dallas BU14 ECNL South is looking for talented playersYesterday at 12:08 amHjkimtxsoccer
Coppell FC 08G - OPEN PRACTICE26/05/22, 07:15 pmgeorgewilliams.coppellfc
09G GA, ECNL-RL NTX, and GCL D1 - Open Sessions26/05/22, 04:55 pmhailiesdad
09G GA, ECNL-RL NTX, and GCL D1 - Open Sessions26/05/22, 04:44 pmhailiesdad
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2009 girls.26/05/22, 04:27 pmJuventus FC Dallas
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2008 girls.26/05/22, 04:22 pmJuventus FC Dallas
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2008 girls.26/05/22, 04:17 pmJuventus FC Dallas
Juventus FC Dallas needs few more 2007 girls.26/05/22, 04:12 pmJuventus FC Dallas
Open Training Tonight for GA and ECNL-RL, NTX 26/05/22, 02:49 pmsbarton12
Renegades 07 GA (Looking for couple more players)26/05/22, 02:44 pmsbarton12
BVB 10G Green - Open Tryouts (Frisco, McKinney, Prosper)26/05/22, 02:43 pmAshlock09
Solar 11B Martinez ECNL & D1 CL Teams. Try-outs in Roanoke26/05/22, 12:58 pmScott Jayes
Sting NTX Royal RL Lopez26/05/22, 12:53 pmstiller
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15251 registered users
The newest registered user is melissacryer

Our users have posted a total of 204126 messages in 31229 subjects

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 14/03/17, 05:57 pm

Let's just zip it up next time? Play up a year or play a different sport? No brand name coaches? Wow. This message thread sucks.

ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 14/03/17, 06:16 pm

[quote="ProphAC"]Let's just zip it up next time?  Play up a year or play a different sport?  No brand name coaches?  Wow.  This message thread sucks.[/quotes

Just making a point prophylactic. We all have our opinions, doesn't mean the thread sucks.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 14/03/17, 07:04 pm

Your advice is good only for a few players (assuming your opinion about the '08 coaches is correct). Most players are not talented enough to play up a year and still play quality minutes for a top coach. To say, play volleyball instead, because you don't recognize any well known established coaches sounds ludicrous. My girl is an '09 but she hates volleyball... she absolutely loves soccer and I wouldn't take that from her if there weren't any "name brand coaches".

I'm not from Dallas but I've been disappointed in these amazing North Dallas coaches that have these impressive reputations. I still see too much power soccer. We wonder why when our NTX girls go out west for tournaments we don't fair well. Your advice sounds like a parent I know that cares more about the notoriety of the coach her kid plays for than what's best for her child. All of these coaches are good and bad, some worse than others but to say an entire year should be thrown out sounds condescending and egotistical. I would suggest an '08 parent that doesn't feel they can find a decent coach and their kid doesn't have the talent to play up at the highest level to find a high quality private trainer.

Lastly, we can have differing opinions and I know you weren't talking to me, but please don't tell me to zip it. You can save that talk for your uber talented soccer kid that is too good for her playing year.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 14/03/17, 07:24 pm

Ohhh no you dinnit! Calling out ntx soccer on this board. I think you need to button it up!
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by My Money Pit 14/03/17, 07:58 pm

"Looks like my work is done here."

- I don't know what work you actually accomplished, but if you're happy with yourself then who am I to judge.

"Let's just zip it up next time."
"Ohhh no you dinnit!"

- You're either really bored (being that you just finished up your excellent work) or your vocabulary is stuck in the 90's? Either way, I agree with the Proph, but again you are entitled to your opinion, but who am I to judge...
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 3271
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 14/03/17, 08:23 pm

My Money Pit wrote:"Looks like my work is done here."

    - I don't know what work you actually accomplished, but if you're happy with yourself then who am I to judge.

"Let's just zip it up next time."
"Ohhh no you dinnit!"

    - You're either really bored (being that you just finished up your excellent work) or your vocabulary is stuck in the 90's? Either way, I agree with the Proph, but again you are entitled to your opinion, but who am I to judge...


Zip it.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 14/03/17, 08:57 pm

Ohhhh, so it's ok to call out every coach in north Texas for an entire playing year but not ok to call out the results of north Texas teams playing out of state. Got it... I definitely crossed a line. I guess we will see how right you are when the top '08 teams go to Cali. Maybe these garbage coaches will prove it on the field.

Here Foxy, I posted this for your 90's music listening enjoyment:
https://youtu.be/2H5uWRjFsGc
Smile
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by My Money Pit 14/03/17, 09:01 pm

"Zip it"

Alright Dr. Evil. I have no way to come back from that.
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 3271
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by 06Southgirl 14/03/17, 09:25 pm

ProphAC wrote:
 We wonder why when our NTX  girls go out west for tournaments we don't fair well. .

NTX doing fine competing there.  Vegas Cup 2017 NTX teams took home the hardware for the gold divisions for U10-U11-U12-U13 this year.      I don't recall all the NTX teams who won Surf Cup this year and I am too lazy to look it up but I do remember U11 took that back to NTX too.  

Vegas Cup 2017 Results

http://events.gotsport.com/events/Default.aspx?eventid=52876
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 444
Points : 3455
Join date : 2014-07-22

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by jogobonito06 14/03/17, 09:46 pm

I think y'all need to lighten up on the 08 hyper-parents. They might just turn out to be the best age group in the history of little girl's soccer.

Remember this is not only the age group that brought us the Super Secret Invitation-Only League, but is also the only U9 group in recent history whose top teams have no need to play up in U10. The whole age group is so deeply gifted and talented, with skill and movement far beyond any other, they get all the competition they need in their own sandbox.

So who needs great coaches?
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 354
Points : 3143
Join date : 2014-10-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 14/03/17, 10:15 pm

Hi 06SouthGirl... you are correct that we have fared better recently because a Dallas team has won the '06 top division each of the last two years in the Surf Cup. From your name, it sounds like you watch '06 North Texas soccer a lot... and '06 has been a good year. Unfortunately, those two '06 team wins are the only wins by a Texas team in recent history of any year and any division. Hopefully some other years other than '06 will represent Texas soccer in Surf Cup 2017.

I didn't follow the Vegas tournament but it looks like Texas teams cleaned up.

My comments were not to say Dallas coaches are not any good but more so to say that other coaches have the potential to be just as good that don't have the well known names that some Dallas coaches have.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by gotsoccer13 15/03/17, 08:33 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:I second Seven's opinion. Just because things aren't "name brand" doesn't mean they are lacking in any way. I've witnessed 08 abilities and styles of play that are far beyond what I've seen the now older age groups do at this age.

Maybe Foxy just wants all of the competition to move up or out to improve her DD team's status...?

Nah.....moved up to 07. Much better coaching and teams. It was either that or volleyball.


Foxy is stressing right now because she knows her All American Daughter is going to have to come back down to this no quality coaching 08 division in 4 months when the 07 go select and there is no more playing up Shocked

gotsoccer13
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 104
Points : 3231
Join date : 2014-01-04

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/03/17, 11:32 am

gotsoccer13 wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:I second Seven's opinion. Just because things aren't "name brand" doesn't mean they are lacking in any way. I've witnessed 08 abilities and styles of play that are far beyond what I've seen the now older age groups do at this age.

Maybe Foxy just wants all of the competition to move up or out to improve her DD team's status...?

Nah.....moved up to 07. Much better coaching and teams. It was either that or volleyball.


Foxy is stressing right now because she knows her All American Daughter is going to have to come back down to this no quality coaching 08 division in 4 months when the 07 go select and there is no more playing up Shocked


You are correct. Either need to let her play volleyball for a year or find a crappy 08 team. I wonder if there are any spots on prophylactics team.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 15/03/17, 01:19 pm

Ahh Foxy, I must have struck a nerve with you. Like I have said before, my daughter is an '09 and you would be a hypocrite to put your daughter on an '08 team now. Enjoy volleyball. I hear Texas Advantage is the best volleyball club in Texas and maybe even the nation... only the best will do for Foxy's girl.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by My Money Pit 15/03/17, 01:44 pm

My guess is you don't want to give up your spot on either: Colvin/Springate, Nguyen, Parsons, or Adams's. since none of those have 08 teams, I guess have fun in volleyball. I'm sure we can find someone else to fill the board with 90's comeback lines.
My Money Pit
My Money Pit
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 112
Points : 3271
Join date : 2013-10-14
Location : Where the winds (or soccer matches) take me...

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by NoSpinZone 15/03/17, 01:52 pm

My Money Pit wrote:My guess is you don't want to give up your spot on either: Colvin/Springate, Nguyen, Parsons, or Adams's. since none of those have 08 teams, I guess have fun in volleyball. I'm sure we can find someone else to fill the board with 90's comeback lines.

Can I play?

My guess is Foxy doesn't have an 08 and is jerking the chain of some, over the top muy loco 08 parents!!


I win!! cheers cheers cheers

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3551
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 15/03/17, 02:18 pm

Muy loco '08 parents? I don't have an '08 kid. I'm starting to believe maybe Foxy is right since almost none of the real '08 parents are defending their coaches. I've got no skin in the game... why am I even here. Sigh.

For the record, my guess is Colvin.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by NoSpinZone 15/03/17, 02:21 pm

ProphAC wrote:Muy loco '08 parents?  I don't have an '08 kid.  I'm starting to believe maybe Foxy is right since almost none of the real '08 parents are defending their coaches.  I've got no skin in the game... why am I even here.  Sigh.

For the record, my guess is Colvin.  

Colvin doesn't have 08s on that team...(or so I think)

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3551
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Guest 15/03/17, 02:21 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:My guess is you don't want to give up your spot on either: Colvin/Springate, Nguyen, Parsons, or Adams's. since none of those have 08 teams, I guess have fun in volleyball. I'm sure we can find someone else to fill the board with 90's comeback lines.

Can I play?

My guess is Foxy doesn't have an 08 and is jerking the chain of some, over the top muy loco 08 parents!!


I win!! cheers cheers cheers

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/03/17, 02:36 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
My Money Pit wrote:My guess is you don't want to give up your spot on either: Colvin/Springate, Nguyen, Parsons, or Adams's. since none of those have 08 teams, I guess have fun in volleyball. I'm sure we can find someone else to fill the board with 90's comeback lines.

Can I play?

My guess is Foxy doesn't have an 08 and is jerking the chain of some, over the top muy loco 08 parents!!


I win!! cheers cheers cheers

Winner winner chicken dinner.


lol!  I don't even have kids. I just like 90s movies and crazy soccer parents.

You do need to change your screen name prophylactic, my auto correct keeps doing a number on it.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 15/03/17, 04:09 pm

I just thought you were playing junior high nerdy name calling games sense prophylactic is a smart word for condom. I wouldn't put it past you. Wink

I thought you had an older kid that played for Solar Springate '06 so I assumed if you really did have another '08 kid that you were playing her up to Solar Colvin/Springate '07. I may have completely missed the mark. Only been on these boards a few months.

The truth is, '08 year does lack some of the more successful coaches so I don't disagree with you.... I just disagreed with the notion that the entire year was a throw away because of it.

Take care, Foxy.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/03/17, 04:29 pm

ProphAC wrote:I just thought you were playing junior high nerdy name calling games sense prophylactic is a smart word for condom.  I wouldn't put it past you. Wink

I thought you had an older kid that played for Solar Springate '06 so I assumed if you really did have another '08 kid that you were playing her up to Solar Colvin/Springate '07.  I may have completely missed the mark.  Only been on these boards a few months.

The truth is, '08 year does lack some of the more successful coaches so I don't disagree with you.... I just disagreed with the notion that the entire year was a throw away because of it.

Take care, Foxy.


All good. Money pit might need a lot to drink to kill the bug up her a$$ though. Name that golden movie.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by NoSpinZone 15/03/17, 04:34 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:
ProphAC wrote:I just thought you were playing junior high nerdy name calling games sense prophylactic is a smart word for condom.  I wouldn't put it past you. Wink

I thought you had an older kid that played for Solar Springate '06 so I assumed if you really did have another '08 kid that you were playing her up to Solar Colvin/Springate '07.  I may have completely missed the mark.  Only been on these boards a few months.

The truth is, '08 year does lack some of the more successful coaches so I don't disagree with you.... I just disagreed with the notion that the entire year was a throw away because of it.

Take care, Foxy.


All good. Money pit might need a lot to drink to kill the bug up her a$$ though. Name that golden movie.


Terms on Endearment!!!

I win again!!! Mental note: go buy lottery ticket(gotta pay for soccer), I'm like butter!!! (On a roll)

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 419
Points : 3551
Join date : 2013-12-27

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 15/03/17, 04:36 pm

Terms of Endearment...

I don't know what it is about you, but you bring out the devil in me.
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by ProphAC 15/03/17, 04:36 pm

Dang it... NoSpin was faster
ProphAC
ProphAC
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 302
Points : 2595
Join date : 2016-12-02

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/03/17, 04:40 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:
ProphAC wrote:I just thought you were playing junior high nerdy name calling games sense prophylactic is a smart word for condom.  I wouldn't put it past you. Wink

I thought you had an older kid that played for Solar Springate '06 so I assumed if you really did have another '08 kid that you were playing her up to Solar Colvin/Springate '07.  I may have completely missed the mark.  Only been on these boards a few months.

The truth is, '08 year does lack some of the more successful coaches so I don't disagree with you.... I just disagreed with the notion that the entire year was a throw away because of it.

Take care, Foxy.


All good. Money pit might need a lot to drink to kill the bug up her a$$ though. Name that golden movie.


Terms on Endearment!!!

I win again!!! Mental note: go buy lottery ticket(gotta pay for soccer), I'm like butter!!! (On a roll)
.

cheers Buy one for foxy too.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2737
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

FBR 08G February 28th, 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: FBR 08G February 28th, 2017

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum