North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
looking for an independent club in Celina or ProsperToday at 05:36 pmbenjawad66
looking for independent club Celina-ProsperToday at 05:23 pmbenjawad66
ECNL-08Today at 02:26 pmcenTex
Looking for a teamToday at 11:34 amMcKinneyFC
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTERToday at 08:56 amCccrushers
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & FutsalToday at 08:51 amCccrushers
Coaches vs parents in youth soccer?Today at 08:32 amSportsGeeks
ECNL 08G TalkToday at 12:11 amcenTex
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 09:59 pmdtk9119
07 ECNLYesterday at 02:51 pmcenTex
Top ‘07 NTX Boys Teams25/09/20, 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!25/09/20, 02:16 pmcityfutsal
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots 22/09/20, 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Goalkeeper Wanted22/09/20, 01:55 pmcoachsansom
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)22/09/20, 01:11 pmCoachGM
Thiago has the most passes in English Premier League22/09/20, 03:36 amALEXXXXXXX

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Only 2 clubs *PENDING Pixel
Statistics
We have 14522 registered users
The newest registered user is benjawad66

Our users have posted a total of 200236 messages in 29430 subjects

Only 2 clubs *PENDING

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Only 2 clubs *PENDING Empty Only 2 clubs *PENDING

Post by tpitty on 14/03/17, 12:43 pm

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/2017/03/14/ecnl-announces-initial-2017-2018-girls-membership/

Solar and FCD. Your move. Twisted Evil

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Only 2 clubs *PENDING Empty Re: Only 2 clubs *PENDING

Post by Bodhisattva on 14/03/17, 01:45 pm

Why is their status *pending at ECNL's discretion?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball on 14/03/17, 02:20 pm

Some real familiar names not returning:
Boca Utd
Charlotte SA
Colorado Rush
De Anza F*orce
Eagles SC
FC Virginia
Indiana Fire
Lonestar
Penn Fusion
Real So Cal
SC del Sol
Sockers FC
Sporting Blue Valley
Texas Rush
West Florida Flames
Weston FC
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow on 14/03/17, 04:13 pm

What I've heard is that some DA teams are having to to re-qualify in some way for ECNL. The assertion made I guess is that if they are losing a lot of players from a given team to DA then they would need to prove their ability to be competitive and their commitment to ECNL. It's a club of clubs so I assume several members are a little put out by the DA decision but I don't know. My hope is that they work it out since I believe the clubs and the league will both benefit from participating.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch on 14/03/17, 04:39 pm

newbiefornow wrote:What I've heard is that some DA teams are having to to re-qualify in some way for ECNL. The assertion made I guess is that if they are losing a lot of players from a given team to DA then they would need to prove their ability to be competitive and their commitment to ECNL. It's a club of clubs so I assume several members are a little put out by the DA decision but I don't know. My hope is that they work it out since I believe the clubs and the league will both benefit from participating.

And how do you prove that before the start of the season?
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 14/03/17, 04:56 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
newbiefornow wrote:What I've heard is that some DA teams are having to to re-qualify in some way for ECNL. The assertion made I guess is that if they are losing a lot of players from a given team to DA then they would need to prove their ability to be competitive and their commitment to ECNL. It's a club of clubs so I assume several members are a little put out by the DA decision but I don't know. My hope is that they work it out since I believe the clubs and the league will both benefit from participating.

And how do you prove that before the start of the season?

Hire lobbyists from Qatar with ties to the Bank of Cyprus... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazySoccerParent on 15/03/17, 08:16 am

A little birdie tells me that the reason they are pending is because the DA accepted them 1st and that this status means they have to put several teams into champions league this year to qualify for ECNL next year.

Still early but based on current standings it appears they are doing something right. FC Dallas and Solar are currently qualified for Champions League (aka post season playoffs) in every age group except U14 for FCD03 which I'm sure they will resolve by end of season.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/texas-standings/
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! on 15/03/17, 08:41 am

04GRankings wrote:A little birdie tells me that the reason they are pending is because the DA accepted them 1st and that this status means they have to put several teams into champions league this year to qualify for ECNL next year.  

Still early but based on current standings it appears they are doing something right.  FC Dallas and Solar are currently qualified for Champions League (aka post season playoffs) in every age group except U14 for FCD03 which I'm sure they will resolve by end of season.  

The real work begins next year after DA starts. Once their top teams are playing DA, will they still be able to get enough of their remainimg teams qualified for Champions League at that point to remain in ECNL?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 15/03/17, 12:25 pm

SWINGIT!! wrote:
04GRankings wrote:A little birdie tells me that the reason they are pending is because the DA accepted them 1st and that this status means they have to put several teams into champions league this year to qualify for ECNL next year.  

Still early but based on current standings it appears they are doing something right.  FC Dallas and Solar are currently qualified for Champions League (aka post season playoffs) in every age group except U14 for FCD03 which I'm sure they will resolve by end of season.  

The real work begins next year after DA starts. Once their top teams are playing DA, will they still be able to get enough of their remainimg teams qualified for Champions League at that point to remain in ECNL?

And if Solar & FCD are able to field teams successful enough to qualify for Champions League, which current NTX ECNL club(s) suffers the biggest loss of talent to Solar And FCD?

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 15/03/17, 12:28 pm

None

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad on 15/03/17, 07:36 pm

Looking at these standings, the Texans are not currently qualified for the Champions League in any ECNL age group, before DA starts.  Why would Solar and FCD be pending and not the Texans?

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 15/03/17, 10:38 pm

Lefty wrote:
SWINGIT!! wrote:

And if Solar & FCD are able to field teams successful enough to qualify for Champions League, which current NTX ECNL club(s) suffers the biggest loss of talent to Solar And FCD?

Once their top teams are playing DA, will they still be able to get enough of their remainimg teams qualified for Champions League at that point to remain in ECNL?

This won't matter at the flagship USSDA Clubs (Solar, FCD, Texans) as they will eventually replace the ECNL piece with DA2 --

It's most likely that Sting would be the biggest loser of talent if they eventually decide to go exclusively ECNL, which seems to be probable --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer4fun on 15/03/17, 11:43 pm

It is an interesting argument and discussion and one that those that love DA will support and those that love ECNL will support their side. To me it is the discussion about flying AA or Delta. They can both get you there, pricing will be similar but you prefer one to another. I do think it is naïve to think US Club will now roll over and play dead. DA has been decent on the boys side but not nearly the behemoth ECNL is on the girls side. Will some talent migrate , of course and DA clubs will tout it as the second coming... but it is not and after the dust settles we will have two top national leagues (3 if you count premier/ national league) and the best part is when there is competition the customer always wins. (ask anyone who now fly's on a route that used to have both US Air and AA, to keep with my airplane analogy)
soccer4fun
soccer4fun
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 16/03/17, 07:56 am

I am going to go out on a limb and say that none of the big four are completely interested in financilly supporting a girls program. Without major sponsorship like FCD and the hunt family it seems to be financial death.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 16/03/17, 08:02 am

Sting, has presented a club model that supports DA, ECNL, Premiere league, and LHGCL. Sting will be able to support both ECNL and DA it will though take time to fully fund the DA. This should come with building sponsorship and the growth of the NWSL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty on 16/03/17, 08:06 am

Zizou wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that none of the big four are completely interested in financilly supporting a girls program. Without major sponsorship like FCD and the hunt family it seems to be financial death.
I agree. That is why I have said all along that eventually DA in NTX will be 2 clubs/teams.

The place to be for top 50 DD in each age who are likely headed to top college programs. ECNL remains a great option for others.

Clearly FCD has the resources to play. All that remains is to see how it shakes out among the rest for the other spot.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman on 17/03/17, 12:45 am

soccer4fun wrote: DA has been decent on the boys side but not nearly the behemoth ECNL is on the girls side.

go on...explain this thinking, if you could

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty on 17/03/17, 09:45 am

soccer4fun wrote: To me it is the discussion about flying AA or Delta. They can both get you there, pricing will be similar but you prefer one to another. I

No. It is like McKinney airport pilots compared to AA. One is simply a showcase league, and one has curriculum, oversight, standards, can be fully funded, and USSF behind it. Not even close to the same vehicles.

tpitty
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by newbiefornow on 17/03/17, 02:06 pm

That bait is just too juicy not to rise to. ECNL has done a really great job of developing the Girls game and providing a opportunities for Athletes to show case their talents to College Coaches. The idea that DA will do significantly better is in my opinion miss-guided especially since the same clubs with the same coaches and in many cases the same kids will be playing either or both.

DA will in all probability cream off the kids that are currently doing Market training and a few that might not otherwise have come to the more focused attention of USSF but I feel there will be more than plenty of competition and attention for ECNL. The Delta/AA comparison is closer to the truth than McKinney to DFW but maybe AA to Southwest is a better one. Both carriers do slightly different things and do them well.

The competition has already led to some effort by ECNL to get better so good.

newbiefornow
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 17/03/17, 06:08 pm

From what I see the DA is a development league to feed girls into the national teams. ECNL is a showcase for colleges. My guess is that the teams and regions in DA will be more tightly controlled by the USSF and the clubs will keep their mouths shut and follow what has been laid out for them. They will all follow one method of training and I'd expect they will be HIGHLY discouraged from stealing / recruiting other members players. ECNL is at the mercy of the clubs. NTX has been notorious for not following the standards set for by the league and to my understanding have been reprimanded multiple times for how the girls are used as pawns.

I would fully expect the big college programs to turn to the DA from now on in most places in the US. Programs like UNC, Stanford, ETC recruit from the youth national teams to begin with so why not rely on DA moving forward. Will coaches still attend ECNL? Of course, but it will probably be to fill in rosters at the top programs. More than likely the D2 and D3 programs will come from ECNL scouting.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17/03/17, 06:47 pm

Zizou wrote:I am going to go out on a limb and say that none of the big four are completely interested in financilly supporting a girls program. Without major sponsorship like FCD and the hunt family it seems to be financial death.

This is the only DA news I'm interested in. Is FCD gonna pay for this ish or not?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 17/03/17, 08:39 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:

This is the only DA news I'm interested in. Is FCD gonna pay for this ish or not?
I concur.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal on 17/03/17, 08:49 pm

db10 wrote:NTX has been notorious for not following the standards set for by the league and to my understanding have been reprimanded multiple times for how the girls are used as pawns.

What do you mean by this?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by db10 on 18/03/17, 01:45 am

ForReal wrote:
db10 wrote:NTX has been notorious for not following the standards set for by the league and to my understanding have been reprimanded multiple times for how the girls are used as pawns.

What do you mean by this?

It's my understanding that NTX has been scolded on multiple occasions that they spend more time recruiting girls from one team to another than actually trying to develop.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 18/03/17, 05:54 am

Well then, who ever was doing the scolding was not able to change a thing.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum