North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15040 registered users
The newest registered user is Zoonwen

Our users have posted a total of 203400 messages in 30815 subjects

LHGCL D1 2018

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 06:33 am

Zizou I am looking forward to some more stories and propoganda today on the forum will you be participating?

Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Zizou 05/04/17, 06:35 am

BigboyBentley wrote:Ok Zizou...if that's what you believe.....everyone has their own opinion...

Not everyone can be on top nor does everyone deserve a trophy.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by ForReal 05/04/17, 06:59 am

BigboyBentley wrote:Zizou I am looking forward to some more stories and propoganda today on the forum will you be participating?

Says the man who still promotes and spends money on ODP...

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 554
Points : 4027
Join date : 2012-05-22

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 07:02 am

I guess Zizou telling stories somewhere else for real what propoganda do you to share....

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 07:06 am

I want a good story to read you can be the first to tell ForReal.....

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Zizou 05/04/17, 07:57 am

Why won't you share? If what you believe is so great speak up and change the world or just NTX Soccer.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:06 am

I'm not as good a story teller like you Zizou....everyone likes a good story...

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Ern 05/04/17, 08:25 am

BigboyBentley wrote:Big em I think we are just frustrated w all the lack of coaching and all the rules that are in place. The smaller clubs just don't have the resources to compete at the highest levels since the system was built and designed to pad the pockets of the political machine bigs. This is true for about anything. It's just unfortunate that the elite who can pay for these type of platforms limits many...there's a reson why the soccee in NTX is broken...ypu sound like that's not your side...others don't have those opportunities.....don't says it negative it's just the truth....no one likes that.....

I'm with you regarding the lack of great coaching in NTX and understand your stance of frustration when it comes to new platforms and their regulations.  However, while awarding the bigs these platforms (JDL, ECNL, USSDA) certainly makes the rich, richer and may seem that this is the primary purpose, it is not.  US Club and USSF award them to the bigs because they do have licensed coaches ... they do have facilities ... they do have a history of success in each age group.  Those at the top of those organizations know that the consolidation (there is that word again) of top talent into clubs that have those criterion is paramount to the continued success of women's soccer in our country.  

When you say "the elite who can pay for these type of platforms limits many" here, I'm guessing you're referring to people with the $ (which is a strange use of the the word elite in this setting, but ok)?  If this is the case then sure, it is unfortunate that a few literally cannot afford to have their kiddo play at one of the bigs, but there are scholarship programs in place to assist those folks.  For the other 99% of us, we can afford the extra $200-$300/month to have our kids follow their passion and dreams ... just might have to give up the morning Starbucks, 4G LTE data, or a couple movie channels.  My point being here is that we don't have to have "elite" pocketbooks if we have "elite" kids.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1207
Points : 3870
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:27 am

It's storytelling time ForReal.....Zizou doesn't have any stories to share....maybe you got a story for us.....
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:32 am

Big em you rock....I like that. Way to sell it.

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:38 am

Big em let me know when you get some good coaches at your club....I might start believing your pitch....

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Zizou 05/04/17, 08:44 am

Give me a club I'll give coaches. This will be my opinion.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Ern 05/04/17, 08:48 am

BigboyBentley wrote:Big em let me know when you get some good coaches at your club....I might start believing your pitch....

Based on your usage of the word, I'm not convinced you know the actual meaning of 'propaganda' there BBB.

And what exactly do you think I'm selling you there Sir?

Just name the Club ... I'll name ya some good coaches.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1207
Points : 3870
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:52 am

I am asking you big em it's your club.....not mine...

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Ern 05/04/17, 08:55 am

BigboyBentley wrote:I am asking you big em it's your club.....not mine...

Dude ... this is getting silly. I have kids that play for multiple clubs -- don't own one. Please specify and I'll grant you some knowledge there Chief.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1207
Points : 3870
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 08:57 am

You have a story to tell BigEm to share to everyone I'm just asking you a questions if you think it's silly then don't respond.

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by wazup 05/04/17, 09:06 am

BigErn wrote:
BigboyBentley wrote:Big em I think we are just frustrated w all the lack of coaching and all the rules that are in place. The smaller clubs just don't have the resources to compete at the highest levels since the system was built and designed to pad the pockets of the political machine bigs. This is true for about anything. It's just unfortunate that the elite who can pay for these type of platforms limits many...there's a reson why the soccee in NTX is broken...ypu sound like that's not your side...others don't have those opportunities.....don't says it negative it's just the truth....no one likes that.....

I'm with you regarding the lack of great coaching in NTX and understand your stance of frustration when it comes to new platforms and their regulations.  However, while awarding the bigs these platforms (JDL, ECNL, USSDA) certainly makes the rich, richer and may seem that this is the primary purpose, it is not.  US Club and USSF award them to the bigs because they do have licensed coaches ... they do have facilities ... they do have a history of success in each age group.  Those at the top of those organizations know that the consolidation (there is that word again) of top talent into clubs that have those criterion is paramount to the continued success of women's soccer in our country.  

When you say "the elite who can pay for these type of platforms limits many" here, I'm guessing you're referring to people with the $ (which is a strange use of the the word elite in this setting, but ok)?  If this is the case then sure, it is unfortunate that a few literally cannot afford to have their kiddo play at one of the bigs, but there are scholarship programs in place to assist those folks.  For the other 99% of us, we can afford the extra $200-$300/month to have our kids follow their passion and dreams ... just might have to give up the morning Starbucks, 4G LTE data, or a couple movie channels.  My point being here is that we don't have to have "elite" pocketbooks if we have "elite" kids.


Dial back the enthusiasm just a bit bigE - JDL was not "awarded" to the bigs by US Club or USSF

it was essentially created by the bigs


as for $200-$300/month - that would equate $2400-$3600/year.  Anyone here at one of the bigs only paying $2400-$3600/year?  not including any extra skills - just for the costs associated with playing on a "big" select team (club dues, uniforms, team fees, indoor, tournaments, out-of-town travel, in-town travel, driving to practice).  The all-in costs of playing select soccer at a "big" include a lot more than what a scholarship may cover.  

If you know a select team at one of the bigs where the all-in costs are $2400 a year, PLEASE, by all means, share it with us!   lol!   In fact, I would be interested to hear of anyone who has costs of less than $3600/year playing select at one of the bigs.

But your dismissive attitude of "giving up Starbucks or a couple movie channels" to afford select soccer at the bigs speaks volumes.  No one I know is paying $300+/month for "a couple of movie channels" each month, except maybe you.

and you wonder why people on here think you are such a douche

wazup
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 126
Points : 1808
Join date : 2017-03-24

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 09:11 am

We need the facts BigEm not fiction story telling.....I can tell I'm talking to a brick wall.

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by soccerjack 05/04/17, 09:14 am

It's not you big ern. They hate the cans.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3686
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Zizou 05/04/17, 09:17 am

Why don't we look at league fees, field rentals, tournament fees,and travel cost. I do believe their are many areas that can be less to help with overall cost. Good luck getting UTD to taking less!

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 09:25 am

I'm still waiting for an answer from Biggie size on some coaches worth paying Soccer Jack bank roll that can be burned....tick tock tick tock....

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by soccerjack 05/04/17, 09:26 am

The real issue is the stupid parent willing to pay an F coach $3600 for their dd to play on essentially a rec team. As long as people are willing to pay for a crap product...it ain't gonna change. Can't blame the club or coach for fleecing someone that wants to be.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3686
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by soccerjack 05/04/17, 09:28 am

Big boy...you're giving me a hood buzz.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3686
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Zizou 05/04/17, 09:28 am

Bentley, you have not given him a club.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5450
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 09:31 am

Tick tock tick tock.....

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/04/17, 09:33 am

Zizou Extreme....you got a new story?

__________________________________________________
Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 384
Points : 2215
Join date : 2016-10-26

Back to top Go down

LHGCL D1 2018  - Page 3 Empty Re: LHGCL D1 2018

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum