North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Now what? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Now what?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Now what? Empty Now what?

Post by ColtMcVince 10/04/17, 10:42 am

The playing field has been set for next season. Now what? Rumors of ECNL and DA coming to u13 next fall. Does JDL go away? How does this impact Lake Highlands?

Why can't one of these people making decisions man-up and create a league where all girls in the area play against each other. Wouldn't that be cool?

Last edited by ColtMcVince on 10/04/17, 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Now what? Empty Re: Now what?

Post by SocDad 10/04/17, 11:12 am

ColtMcVince wrote:The playing field has been set for next season.  Now what?  Rumors of ECNL and DA.  Does JDL go away?  How does this impact Lake Highlands?

Why can't one of these people making decisions man-up and create a league where all girls in the area play against each other.   Wouldn't that be cool?

If I'm correct.....JDL ends before ECNL & DA begins.

JDL:  U11, U12, & U13

ECNL & DA:  U14 and up

The question is.........Does ECNL Composite go away?
SocDad
SocDad
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 10/04/17, 11:23 am

ECNL will start at U13 according to some information provided on the forum.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/04/17, 11:48 am

Was told there would be 6 age groups (can you say money grab, and oh yeah, lets add boys too) of ecnl next year, starting at u13. Which in my opinion is where select should prob start. 9, 10, 11, 12 year olds signing year long contracts with the yahoo coaches we do is crazy. At that level, earn your money month to month, until you have a Rep for developing kids accordingly. Then you can get a year long contract out of us....

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 10/04/17, 12:11 pm

If ECNL replaces JDL, no harm no foul. But trying to wedge 3 "developmental" leagues in to a single age group is kinda silly.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 07:47 am

Colt45 I want to be a Rockstar too DA going to be good stuff...it's going she'd some light on things fo sho...do you feel lucky?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 05/05/17, 08:00 am

First of all, my name is colt mcvimce not colt45

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 08:03 am

I like to have fun Colt...some of the jokers on here Crack me up...I think it's going to be a good shakedown don't you....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 05/05/17, 08:08 am

Haha.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 05/05/17, 08:09 am

Nothing is going to change. The Texans and Kicks will be the best. Solar will be close. Who knows what FCD will bring but probably will figure in there. But all of these teams will play in different leagues so it'll be back to speculating who is on top.

To me it's a shame that the powers that be don't realize some of the best talent in the land is right here. One big league with everyone from north Texas playing each other is going to be better than traveling to find someone else to beat on. But, what do I know.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 08:12 am

It should be a better system you got 4 teams on an island the rest of us can dual it out in LH.....business as usual...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 05/05/17, 09:06 am

ColtMcVince wrote:
Nothing is going to change.  The Texans and Kicks will be the best.  Solar will be close.  Who knows what FCD will bring but probably will figure in there. But all of these teams will play in different leagues so it'll be back to speculating who is on top.  

To me it's a shame that the powers that be don't realize some of the best talent in the land is right here.  One big league with everyone from north Texas playing each other is going to be better than traveling to find someone else to beat on.  But, what do I know.

I don't agree, LHGCL during that time of its dominance became a hate fest, battle ground, poor soocer, hack fest league. Win at all cost, kick the shit out of the girl in front of you was not developing our players at the national level. Look up the results on the national level after changes started happening. My opinion NTX has gotten stronger with more selections and tournament wins.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 09:09 am

Like I been saying take the clubs out of it and we will start developing the top talent....DA rocks..

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 05/05/17, 10:22 am

ColtMcVince wrote:
Nothing is going to change.  The Texans and Kicks will be the best.  Solar will be close.  Who knows what FCD will bring but probably will figure in there. But all of these teams will play in different leagues so it'll be back to speculating who is on top.  

To me it's a shame that the powers that be don't realize some of the best talent in the land is right here.  One big league with everyone from north Texas playing each other is going to be better than traveling to find someone else to beat on.  But, what do I know.

Hmmm ... ?  I was just thinking that a lot is going to change ... Isn't it ColtMcV?  

Texans, Solar and FCD top teams (which will most definitely be enhanced given the numbers that have been out this week at DA tryouts + some are going to be playing under new coaches) will be playing in a Texas Conference that includes Lonestar and Houston Dash (which may be a powerhouse given the consolidation down south).  While 05 DTS was certainly superior this past year and are likely the team that changes the least going into next year, they may be challenged a bit more going forward which would be very beneficial for them.

And D'Feeters (which you refer to as Kicks?) will be playing in the watered down ECNL against the like of Sting Austin for the upcoming year ... I'd bet you'll see many of those kids (already seeing some of them at DA tryouts), migrate over to DA clubs in the next couple of years.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 10:25 am

Who's your daddy?
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 05/05/17, 11:48 am

Things will change. I meant nothing will change with the pecking order of north Texas soccer. You'll have your top 4 or 5 same as last year, that play DA or ECNL. JDL is going to be garbage, And LH, Who knows. Probably 5-7 or so teams will be quality across D1 and JDL.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 05/05/17, 11:49 am

BigErn wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:

Hmmm ... ?  I was just thinking that a lot is going to change ... Isn't it ColtMcV?  

Texans, Solar and FCD top teams (which will most definitely be enhanced given the numbers that have been out this week at DA tryouts + some are going to be playing under new coaches) will be playing in a Texas Conference that includes Lonestar and Houston Dash (which may be a powerhouse given the consolidation down south).  While 05 DTS was certainly superior this past year and are likely the team that changes the least going into next year, they may be challenged a bit more going forward which would be very beneficial for them.

And D'Feeters (which you refer to as Kicks?) will be playing in the watered down ECNL against the like of Sting Austin for the upcoming year ... I'd bet you'll see many of those kids (already seeing some of them at DA tryouts), migrate over to DA clubs in the next couple of years.
Have you? Hmmm!

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 05/05/17, 11:51 am

Remember, there were 7 or 8 JDL teams last year. There are 7 or 8 DA ECNL teams this year. By in large the kids that were on those JDL teams will continue on the DA ECNL teams. So the impact to other leagues, with the exception of Kicks and DTS leaving LH is not going to be all that significant IMO.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:10 pm

All we are losing is the 4 teams the ECNL JDL will still be utilized in LH to keep the byes 60 to 80 players off the books...that's not many Colt...not much in the big scheme of things...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:11 pm

Will out kids play those 4 teams probably not...the rest of the field will play as is....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:14 pm

Colt the play for all the bigs is either maintain or grow the business how you slice it or dice it it's all the same peeps...there might be some that take the bait but most people will stay the course....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:16 pm

I really don't think there will be too much attrition more so kids just deciding to do other things because they either have been passed up or have passion somewhere else....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:26 pm

We see all the posts of players needed..either A several aren't coming back for either another passion or the team is hoping to lure players from other clubs in order to strengthen their squad..otherwise they will need to pool from their cream to compete...I think that was the discussion behind the scenes whether or not to go DA or not..if you lose that pool can you pull the weight in LH...that's really the only question marks we don't know yet the new season hasn't played out...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 05/05/17, 12:31 pm

Sitting on the outside for now, DA would be the only direction I would shoot for in the short run otherwise your just in the pool of LH......get some play outside the local arenas.....

If you look at the landscape either the talent moves from one club to another to try to save ECNL or you snag a few good teams or players...I just don't really see it working doing both. Eventually it will be like most people tour a tiered design but that will take more than a year to unfold...maybe several and by then it will change again.....
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jm23jm 05/05/17, 03:35 pm

BigErn wrote:
ColtMcVince wrote:

This is how rumors get started.  To my knowledge no Kicks player has been to a DA session.   I know a lot of them are being invited to take players spots.  If they make the jump to DA I feel I did my job in helping them develop.  If anyone wants to play ECNL u13 and develop to make DA one day we have open training next Tuesday and Thursday at DCC.  Please email Dfeetersjm@gmail.com.

jm23jm
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum