North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DIGC 05s - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

DIGC 05s

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DIGC 05s - Page 4 Empty Re: DIGC 05s

Post by ForReal 15/04/17, 10:39 pm

DTS has a stud(s) playing up with 04s. Not to take anything away from Colvin (as I mentioned before, they are playing very well), but it is a bit of apples and oranges to past results. I'll take DTS to beat Pulp. 3-1.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 15/04/17, 10:42 pm

I wondered if they would send the horses to go play with the 04's.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopesolo1 15/04/17, 10:52 pm

Several 05s playing in 04s .  Several 06s playing 05s. That's a different topic. These teams don't stay together as there will be player movements ( age groups ) to challenge the growth.  Pulp can string 6-8 passes consistently.  DTS cannot. That will be difference.   They are relying too much on their physical attributes and other teams with younger 05s are catching them up quicker than I thought . And pulp has experienced 05s that played D1 last year

ForReal wrote:DTS has a stud(s) playing up with 04s. Not to take anything away from Colvin (as I mentioned before, they are playing very well), but it is a bit of apples and oranges to past results. I'll take DTS to beat Pulp. 3-1.

Hopesolo1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 15/04/17, 11:54 pm

Hopesolo1 wrote:Several 05s playing in 04s .  Several 06s playing 05s. That's a different topic. These teams don't stay together as there will be player movements ( age groups ) to challenge the growth.  Pulp can string 6-8 passes consistently.  DTS cannot. That will be difference.   They are relying too much on their physical attributes and other teams with younger 05s are catching them up quicker than I thought . And pulp has experienced 05s that played D1 last year

ForReal wrote:DTS has a stud(s) playing up with 04s. Not to take anything away from Colvin (as I mentioned before, they are playing very well), but it is a bit of apples and oranges to past results. I'll take DTS to beat Pulp. 3-1.

Enjoy that possession tomorrow. Maybe it will work against DTS without their powerful 05s. But if Colvin couldn't do it, Pulp won't.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopesolo1 16/04/17, 12:21 am

Stating if Colvin can't beat DTS, pulp can't beat DTS either is one of the dumbest statement I have ever seen here.
What was the score of pulp- colvin last JDL game?
Colvin and DTS play very similar styles . Pulp plays slightly different and it could work. The other team that had a chance to take on DTS was kicks selecao in their LH matchup because they play possession ball as well.  It didn't work last game for them because they played a little direct than I have seen them before. Lol

ForReal wrote:
Hopesolo1 wrote:Several 05s playing in 04s .  Several 06s playing 05s. That's a different topic. These teams don't stay together as there will be player movements ( age groups ) to challenge the growth.  Pulp can string 6-8 passes consistently.  DTS cannot. That will be difference.   They are relying too much on their physical attributes and other teams with younger 05s are catching them up quicker than I thought . And pulp has experienced 05s that played D1 last year

Enjoy that possession tomorrow. Maybe it will work against DTS without their powerful 05s. But if Colvin couldn't do it, Pulp won't.

Last edited by Hopesolo1 on 16/04/17, 01:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Hopesolo1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 16/04/17, 12:38 am

What was the result you speak of?

Yes, I am saying Colvin is a better team. No doubt in my mind. And I'll maintain that position regardless of that result you give. You were fortunate to get past Higgy today.   Maybe Pulp can beat another team full of 06s tomorrow. And, if you do, don't come bragging. DTS 05 in DIGC is not the real DTS.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hopesolo1 16/04/17, 01:49 am

Mr stats , I am speaking of last JDL game between 05 solar teams .
Not asking ur opinion on who is a better team.
CoolAid is not helping you tonight

ForReal wrote:What was the result you speak of?

Yes, I am saying Colvin is a better team. No doubt in my mind. And I'll maintain that position regardless of that result you give. You were fortunate to get past Higgy today.   Maybe Pulp can beat another team full of 06s tomorrow. And, if you do, don't come bragging. DTS 05 in DIGC is not the real DTS.

Hopesolo1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 08:10 am

In all the leaked JDL scores I have been told not once have I heard DTS almost git beat by Pulp. Colvin has come the closest now but when DTS had 06's. Colvin appears to be the more skilled team but are younger. Pulp has a slightly less skilled team but they are older. If memory serves me correctly. ForReal is at least correct in my eyes that Colvin has a better team. I think so too. Good luck to Pulp today though I hope they pull it out.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 16/04/17, 08:22 am

So who is this DTS then? One player changes the team?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 16/04/17, 08:35 am

My zero cents on semis:

- Both Colvin v DTS were great games. I did notice DTS was missing a studdette forward. However, every game each team there is something that causes apples and oranges. So I judge based on the game, which I have no dog in the hunt. I think it is very fair to say both games were even. The foul was called on Colvin CBs was legit, as it happened in front of me. IMO, both teams had great midfield and forward play. It was matter of which team would make the first or last mistake. Clearly IMO the best two 05s in the tourney.

-Pulp v Higgy was strange. Pulp by far the better technical and tactical team. They possessed the ball well but struggled on defense and offense. Higgy should have been up 3-1 in 1st half but was prevented by a bad call and a missed lay up. The bad call was Higgy forward beat CB at top of box and CB grabbed the forward jersey from behind to save 1v1 vs keeper (should have been red card and PK bc of last defender rule) and Higgy only got a yellow. At the end of the game Sting forward beats CB in the box and CB pushed forward in the back causing forward to fall. Should have been a PK. So net Higgy had more high quality shots. Pulp wins 2-1 off two corner kicks.

I think DTS wins final easily bc the two DTS forwards are more deadly than the Higgy forwards. So unless Pulp's defense had an off day yesterday.

Regardless, it's Easter, Congrats to both teams making to the finals, and have a blessed day!

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerchat 16/04/17, 09:56 am

Pulp got beat by fcd baker 05 blue at JDL. Their coach sat a certain 06 for that game and brought in an 05 that plays 04 for Lees top team. Some of these players are difference makers.
SWINGIT!! wrote:

Soccerchat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerchat 16/04/17, 10:02 am

Higgy ( now AG) has not beat DTS, Kicks Selecao, LPE, FCD Red , Pulp and Colvin since age group changes). I understand they have pieces in 04 that could make them strong. But rightnow, missed calls or not , they are not a top tiered 05 team.

SkeetsG06 wrote:My zero cents on semis:

- Both Colvin v DTS were great games.  I did notice DTS was missing a studdette forward.  However, every game each team there is something that causes apples and oranges.  So I judge based on the game, which I have no dog in the hunt.  I think it is very fair to say both games were even.  The foul was called on Colvin CBs was legit, as it happened in front of me.  IMO, both teams had great midfield and forward play. It was matter of which team would make the first or last mistake.  Clearly IMO the best two 05s in the tourney.

-Pulp v Higgy was strange.  Pulp by far the better technical and tactical team.  They possessed the ball well but struggled on defense and offense.  Higgy should have been up 3-1 in 1st half but was prevented by a bad call and a missed lay up. The bad call was Higgy forward beat CB at top of box and CB grabbed the forward jersey from behind to save 1v1 vs keeper (should have been red card and PK bc of last defender rule) and Higgy only got a yellow.  At the end of the game Sting forward beats CB in the box and CB pushed forward in the back causing forward to fall.  Should have been a PK.  So net Higgy had more high quality shots.  Pulp wins 2-1 off two corner kicks.

I think DTS wins final easily bc the two DTS forwards are more deadly than the Higgy forwards.  So unless Pulp's defense had an off day yesterday.

Regardless, it's Easter, Congrats to both teams making to the finals, and have a blessed day!

Soccerchat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 16/04/17, 10:15 am

Soccerchat wrote:Pulp got beat by fcd baker 05 blue at JDL. Their coach sat a certain 06 for that game and brought in an 05 that plays 04 for Lees top team. Some of these players are difference makers.  
SWINGIT!! wrote:

Every team has difference makers that miss games for whatever reason. Keep those excuses internally. Don't try and discredit the other team with them.
And on truly good TEAMS,  those differences are less apparent when they are out.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SkeetsG06 16/04/17, 02:02 pm

Not sure your point bc I never said Higgy team was a top tiered team...?

However, since you brought it up, AG will have a top tiered team. When she had the team before the split it was a top 2 team. So if she adds a couple of players that our playing up 04, a few playing 06, and other players the team will be fine. No prediction about beating DTS. Just saying the team will be top tiered.

Separately, as I predicted, Congrats to DTS 05 on the 3-0 win over Pulp!

Soccerchat wrote:Higgy ( now AG) has not beat DTS, Kicks Selecao, LPE, FCD Red , Pulp and Colvin since age group changes).    I understand they have pieces in 04 that could make them strong. But rightnow, missed calls or not , they are not a top tiered 05 team.

- Both Colvin v DTS were great games.  I did notice DTS was missing a studdette forward.  However, every game each team there is something that causes apples and oranges.  So I judge based on the game, which I have no dog in the hunt.  I think it is very fair to say both games were even.  The foul was called on Colvin CBs was legit, as it happened in front of me.  IMO, both teams had great midfield and forward play. It was matter of which team would make the first or last mistake.  Clearly IMO the best two 05s in the tourney.

-Pulp v Higgy was strange.  Pulp by far the better technical and tactical team.  They possessed the ball well but struggled on defense and offense.  Higgy should have been up 3-1 in 1st half but was prevented by a bad call and a missed lay up. The bad call was Higgy forward beat CB at top of box and CB grabbed the forward jersey from behind to save 1v1 vs keeper (should have been red card and PK bc of last defender rule) and Higgy only got a yellow.  At the end of the game Sting forward beats CB in the box and CB pushed forward in the back causing forward to fall.  Should have been a PK.  So net Higgy had more high quality shots.  Pulp wins 2-1 off two corner kicks.

I think DTS wins final easily bc the two DTS forwards are more deadly than the Higgy forwards.  So unless Pulp's defense had an off day yesterday.

SkeetsG06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerchat 16/04/17, 03:52 pm

You were whining about missed calls , missed layups and could haves, should haves lead to a 3-1 lead in semis against pulp.

SkeetsG06 wrote:Not sure your point bc I never said Higgy team was a top tiered team...?

However, since you brought it up, AG will have a top tiered team.  When she had the team before the split it was a top 2 team.  So if she adds a couple of players that our playing up 04, a few playing 06, and other players the team will be fine.  No prediction about beating DTS.  Just saying the team will be top tiered.

Separately, as I predicted, Congrats to DTS 05 on the 3-0 win over Pulp!

Soccerchat wrote:Higgy ( now AG) has not beat DTS, Kicks Selecao, LPE, FCD Red , Pulp and Colvin since age group changes).    I understand they have pieces in 04 that could make them strong. But rightnow, missed calls or not , they are not a top tiered 05 team.

Soccerchat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerphun 16/04/17, 05:30 pm

Watched FCD Red, Solar Colvin, Solar Pulp, DTS, Sting Gutinbotham, and LPE each twice during the tourney.

Some observations:

1.  Shame on whomever for not having Kicks Selecao in this.  And some more teams from outside the region/country for that matter.  Sorry, but Sting West and DT Mansfield had no business in this.  There should have been at least 4 Groups for this age division.

2. DTS easily the best athletes.  Fun to watch.  More beatable than I thought though.  They do leave themselves vulnerable every so often but not every team exploits their oppty's.  Solar Pulp had several today but could not convert.  

3. If you were to combine best talent from the Solars, things would get very interesting in the race for NTX supremacy.

4. FCD Red did not bring their A game this weekend.  Showed signs of wear and tear.  Still like this team very much and think you will see them continue to compete.

5. LPE is solid and not lacking in any area as far as I saw.  As physical as any team I watched.  Not sure they have depth though beyond their starters.

6. Sting Higgierrez  Razz ... they will be the biggest wildcard for next season.  Some inconsistent flashes of brilliance coupled with some really dubious style of play leads me to believe they have what it takes, but whoever takes over this team next year will really have their work cut out for them to coalesce this group.  

7. RE the Refs.  I gotta say, the games I saw were either officiated by some of the best in the business while other games the exact opposite.  No in between.  Perplexing.

Congrats to all teams and glad to hear of no significant injuries other than one LPE player's broken collar bone.  Here's to a quick recovery!  And here's to '05G showcasing some great talent and showing soccer NTX is still very much relevant for this age year.
soccerphun
soccerphun
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 07:55 pm

soccerphun wrote:Watched FCD Red, Solar Colvin, Solar Pulp, DTS, Sting Gutinbotham, and LPE each twice during the tourney.

Some observations:

1.  Shame on whomever for not having Kicks Selecao in this.  And some more teams from outside the region/country for that matter.  Sorry, but Sting West and DT Mansfield had no business in this.  There should have been at least 4 Groups for this age division.
Kicks will see Liverpool in State Cup that's about it
2. DTS easily the best athletes.  Fun to watch.  More beatable than I thought though.  They do leave themselves vulnerable every so often but not every team exploits their oppty's.  Solar Pulp had several today but could not convert. it will be interesting to see outcome of what the two DTS teams look like this next year.

3. If you were to combine best talent from the Solars, things would get very interesting in the race for NTX supremacy.Tgat would be just a stupid good team.

4. FCD Red did not bring their A game this weekend.  Showed signs of wear and tear.  Still like this team very much and think you will see them continue to compete.Athletic but are they going to keep the same squad

5. LPE is solid and not lacking in any area as far as I saw.  As physical as any team I watched.  Not sure they have depth though beyond their starters.

6. Sting Higgierrez  Razz ... they will be the biggest wildcard for next season.  Some inconsistent flashes of brilliance coupled with some really dubious style of play leads me to believe they have what it takes, but whoever takes over this team next year will really have their work cut out for them to coalesce this group. Too inconsistent will need to add several to make a difference  

7. RE the Refs.  I gotta say, the games I saw were either officiated by some of the best in the business while other games the exact opposite.  No in between.  Perplexing.Always happens. Always will happen. Prob no need to bring it up.

Congrats to all teams and glad to hear of no significant injuries other than one LPE player's broken collar bone.  Here's to a quick recovery!  And here's to '05G showcasing some great talent and showing soccer NTX is still very much relevant for this age year.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justchootit 16/04/17, 08:38 pm

soccerphun wrote:Watched FCD Red, Solar Colvin, Solar Pulp, DTS, Sting Gutinbotham, and LPE each twice during the tourney.

Some observations:

2. DTS easily the best athletes.  Fun to watch.  More beatable than I thought though.  They do leave themselves vulnerable every so often but not every team exploits their oppty's.  Solar Pulp had several today but could not convert.  

3. If you were to combine best talent from the Solars, things would get very interesting in the race for NTX supremacy.

4. FCD Red did not bring their A game this weekend.  Showed signs of wear and tear.  Still like this team very much and think you will see them continue to compete.

6. Sting Higgierrez  Razz ... they will be the biggest wildcard for next season.  Some inconsistent flashes of brilliance coupled with some really dubious style of play leads me to believe they have what it takes, but whoever takes over this team next year will really have their work cut out for them to coalesce this group.  

7. RE the Refs.  I gotta say, the games I saw were either officiated by some of the best in the business while other games the exact opposite.  No in between.  Perplexing.

Last I checked Sting West didn't play in this tournament........maybe you meant to degrade FC Dallas West like an asshole.

justchootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 08:46 pm

Now that you mention it. FCD West didn't have any business being in it either. But someone has to go
0-everything.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 16/04/17, 09:03 pm

I think it's a fair comment. When you have 2 teams that give up close to or more than 20 goals in 3 games while scoring none, I think you could argue they are in the wrong tournament. If nobody else wanted in then whatever. But hopefully someone wasn't denied an opportunity who would have been better competition

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 09:07 pm

There was a waiting list

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 16/04/17, 09:08 pm

That ain't right then.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justchootit 16/04/17, 09:21 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:There was a waiting list
Really....what basis did they select teams from???

justchootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 09:22 pm

What do you do though? Accept someone only if a better team doesn't want in.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 16/04/17, 09:26 pm

justchootit wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:There was a waiting list
Really....what basis did they select teams from???
I do not know their process

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by justchootit 16/04/17, 09:30 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:What do you do though?  Accept someone only if a better team doesn't want in.
I see your point. I understand DT Mansfield being in it since it was a Texans Tournament, I doubt they would turn away their own teams. But who was on the waiting list that would have been better?

justchootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next