North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA/ECNL ridiculousness - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

DA/ECNL ridiculousness

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

DA/ECNL ridiculousness - Page 6 Empty Re: DA/ECNL ridiculousness

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 12:44 pm

That should be the new topic if you can pay you can play. Then that cuts out alot of BS......

Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 12:45 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:Zizou are they helping w the travel.expwnses and the out of pockets costs? That 500 plus per game...

No my DD is not on scholarship, but I know of players on her team that are getting assistance.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 12:50 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:Zizou, I'm not arguing DA is more or less than ECNL.  Both are likely equivalent.  Just pointing out that it's likely 2x-4x more than staying local.  Is it worth it?  For me, nah. Not now.

Hey, that is a great decision for you DD and family. The national showcases and the soccer is great. Yeah the trip to Tulsa, Austin, and Houston depending on the competition level can be a beating, but that's just a part of being in a regional conference.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 04/05/17, 12:51 pm

Pele, I think you are close but not all the way there. There certainly are some who think $15k is nothing more than chump change - small minority.

There are also those that have the envy you speak of who don't qualify for these leagues and complain about the expense. Sadly, the majority of parents who are chasing this are hoping and praying they don't get let go from their job next week Bc if they do, those soccer bills are going to have to go on the credit card (if they arent already)

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 12:57 pm

I'm not ready sell the farm colt45..if I was a husker fan back in the 80s maybe. I can't pay to play. 11 year old kid and paying my college fund savings just isn't in my budget. Thanks for shooting me straight on the costs...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:10 pm

I have not spent 15k for my DD to play at any time. A ruff estimate of this year will be around 8-9K

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:11 pm

That includes 4 national showcases.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 04/05/17, 01:13 pm

My number was $10k so I'm close for sure.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/05/17, 01:14 pm

ColtMcVince wrote:My DD's JDL team traveled to Houston and Tulsa for a tournament. One per season.  Not back and forth 6-10 times for a single game (or two).  

Were either worth the time and money? I assume no.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:19 pm

What does playing for a big club cost to play LHGCL. Before ECNL play in LHGCL and playing three national tournaments cost around 8k

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:21 pm

Those numbers include one family member traveling with the child.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:23 pm

[quote="Sho'Nuff"]
ColtMcVince wrote:My DD's JDL team traveled to Houston and Tulsa for a tournament. One per season.  Not back and forth 6-10 times for a single game (or two).  

Were either worth the time and money?  I assume no.[/quote

We drove to Houston twice , Austin once, and Tulsa once.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 04/05/17, 01:37 pm

Historically speaking, the cost of LHCGL D1/ECNL has been relatively close.  I'd say ECNL might be slightly higher, maybe 10%.  I'm speaking to LHGCL D1 teams with kids who aspire to play college soccer.  I have no doubts there have been D1 teams who found ways to be cheaper, but I would call them the exception.

After two kids going through ECNL these past seven years, I could have easily spent sub $8k per year per child all inclusive (if I chose to). This is fact, not some guess.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 01:42 pm

Gunners wrote:Historically speaking, the cost of LHCGL D1/ECNL has been relatively close.  I'd say ECNL might be slightly higher, maybe 10%.  I'm speaking to LHGCL D1 teams with kids who aspire to play college soccer.  I have no doubts there have been D1 teams who found ways to be cheaper, but I would call them the exception.

After two kids going through ECNL these past seven years, I could have easily spent sub $8k per year per child all inclusive (if I chose to). This is fact, not some guess.

I agree, but we have posters coming on and saying 10k and even 15k. I wonder if these people have any experience with LHGCL D1 or ECNL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by RightWingDad 04/05/17, 02:00 pm

Zizou wrote:
Gunners wrote:Historically speaking, the cost of LHCGL D1/ECNL has been relatively close.  I'd say ECNL might be slightly higher, maybe 10%.  I'm speaking to LHGCL D1 teams with kids who aspire to play college soccer.  I have no doubts there have been D1 teams who found ways to be cheaper, but I would call them the exception.

I agree, but we have posters coming on and saying 10k and even 15k. I wonder if these people have any experience with LHGCL D1 or ECNL.

Have a friend who's dd plays 02 ECNL at a biggie and he says they spend roughly $7-8K, with one parent traveling. Did not include ECNL playoff games provided they get to Nationals.
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 04/05/17, 02:05 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:I'm not ready sell the farm colt45..if I was a husker fan back in the 80s maybe. I can't pay to play. 11 year old kid and paying my college fund savings just isn't in my budget. Thanks for shooting me straight on the  costs...

So, I am still not clear, BBB?  You are a fan of DA and ECNL, or not?  I'm not sure where you stand?
Which DA/ECNL tryout(s) is your daughter attending this week?

Last edited by anothercrazysoccerdad on 04/05/17, 02:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bad grammar)

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 02:11 pm

If I was riding in a covered wagon in the dust bowl the costs would still be more than 7 to 8K...colt45...do you know what the club fees are for ECNL or DA....any idea...
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 04/05/17, 02:14 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:If I was riding in a covered wagon in the dust bowl the costs would still be more than 7 to 8K...colt45...do you know what the club fees are for ECNL or DA....any idea...
I do, and DA is going to be cheaper than what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 02:16 pm

I just need the facts not a bunch of sales people Colt45....we are now moving to U13 and both sides are playing the money game...you got ECNL and now DA. Zizou says 7 to 8k...w travel costs hotels and food....does that sound right...
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 04/05/17, 02:20 pm

Yep

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 04/05/17, 02:22 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Have a friend who's dd plays 02 ECNL at a biggie and he says they spend roughly $7-8K, with one parent traveling. Did not include ECNL playoff games provided they get to Nationals.

Sounds about right from our first 2 years with a daughter playing ECNL.  Much lower cost the first year as we did not attend national showcase events the first year as a U14 8th grader.
Went to 3 show case events this year as an age pure U16 freshman.  40-70 coaches at every show case game.  One show case event was in Houston, so a bit less cost.
Lots of attention from different level college coaches for many or most of the girls that are interested.  We know many freshman and sophomore girls already committed to a university this year.  Many others will have offers in the next 6 months to a year, if not before.

It may not be for everyone, but if your daughter wants to play college soccer, it is a good path.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 02:27 pm

So basically Zizou if both parents want to travel and see their kid play we are talking some serious cash...I'm just not sure that's worth it when you can drive locally and watch them play here every weekend. So outside the club fees etc etc you double the other costs...now we get into the 10K plus range depending on other tournament play etc...
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 04/05/17, 02:28 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:If I was riding in a covered wagon in the dust bowl the costs would still be more than 7 to 8K...colt45...do you know what the club fees are for ECNL or DA....any idea...

I know you are trolling, but some might actually want to know these answers, and there were people nice enough to provide these answers when I had these same questions a couple of years ago.
The club fees are the same or less, depending on the club. The extra costs come from travel.
DA is rumored to be less for club fees at the clubs I have heard about so far.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anothercrazysoccerdad 04/05/17, 02:36 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:So basically Zizou if both parents want to travel and see their kid play we are talking some serious cash...I'm just not sure that's worth it when you can drive locally and watch them play here every weekend. So outside the club fees etc etc you double the other costs...now we get into the 10K plus range depending on other tournament play etc...

My wife and I took turns traveling to chowcase events.  There are plenty of league games locally or close in Austin or Houston to see for both parents.  With other active kids, we are rarely both at all of their games at the same time locally anyway.  

I will say, it seems a little early to play a full blown travel schedule and showcase events for U13.  It sounds like U13 ECNL will be a scaled down version, and no show case events.  We are lucky in Texas to have so many ECNL teams in close proximity,  5 in DFW, 3 Houston, and Austin, Tulsa.  Some ECNL regions around the country have far more travel for league games.  

DA is new territory, but should be similar for regional travel.  We will see how it goes, if we choose that route.  Still gathering information to make a decision.

anothercrazysoccerdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 04/05/17, 02:37 pm

I have been told ECNL dues increase significantly over LH dues...some of the people on the forum haven't been trolling as long as you....
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ballhead 04/05/17, 02:39 pm

I don't post much here anymore.  Unfortunately, this is site too often turns into directions that would have made the old Turfmonster site proud.  Lots of personality and shtick that would not exist if this were face to face.

So many here have a need to convince everyone else what is right for them.  The only decision that any of us should be worried about is what is right for US.

My daughter played for a big 4 club in Lake Highlands, ECNL (both when it was only showcase event driven, and later when it became a separate league), and Division I college soccer.  We certainly didn't spend $15K/year at any time but if that's what it would have cost, and I could afford it, I'd spend that much or more.

She wanted to play in college, but never had any aspiration to play professional or WNT soccer.

Soccer was very important to my daughter from the first time she touched a soccer ball.  Once that happened, you couldn't keep her away from one.  I never saw her any happier than she was when she played soccer.  She loved her teammates.  She has graduated from college now, but some of those players she played with at U-11, 12, and so on are still among her best friends.  To be sure, she loved winning, but with only a few exceptions, the losing wasn't that big a deal.  She was playing the game she loved.  Travelling wasn't always about seeking the better competition.  Hell, she just loved being with the team.

To be completely truthful, this wasn't entirely about my daughter.  I had a blast, and I miss watching her play in the worst way.  Personally, I don't care if the US is on our way to creating the next monster WNT.  Our family was blessed to be able to make virtually all of her games all the way through her career from Rec to College.  NOTHING made me any happier than watching her play.  But it all ends far too soon.  I certainly wasn't ready for it to end.

Her scholarship paid for the vast majority of her college.  She graduated without owing a single $ in student loans.  But make no mistake:  Even if it hadn't, and if I could afford it, I'd do it all over again.  

Individually, we have to make the most intelligent decisions about where to play, who to choose for a coach, what level to play, and of course how much you can afford.  Whether its the right direction to find next National Team player or not is way down the list compared to what is right for our own kid.  Spending a bunch of time trying to convince someone else what is right for their kid is pretty much a waste of time.  

Just my 2¢ worth!
ballhead
ballhead
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next