North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA1/DA2 - Page 4 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

DA1/DA2

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DA1/DA2 - Page 4 Empty Re: DA1/DA2

Post by Big Ern 08/05/17, 12:33 pm

TxFutbal wrote:And the highschool memories of playing with your friends, playing in front of your friends cheering you on, the hopes of winning a state highschool championship, getting a letterman jacket, and having a social peer group in highschool is gone just so a bunch of money mongers want to control your girl's future for their own personal benefit.  $5k per year, $10k per year, $2k per year.. who cares as long as we screw up our kids opportunity to have a normal childhood because the parents are drinking the kool-aide that his/her DD is going to play for the USWNT.

Ouch!  The Girl's DA has done gone and gotten TXFutbal a little riled --

I figured by now this was common knowledge, but to clarify, the Girl's DA is going to take only the top 3-4% of the kids in each age group (likely even more exclusive in the coming years) ... Plenty of kids will still be getting letterman jackets.  These kids are choosing this route over ECNL having knowledge of exactly what the commitment to DA soccer will entail ... In essence, they are trading the high school soccer experience for one that will all but guarantee that they get to play soccer in college.

As has been mentioned a couple of other times on this forum, most of the parents of kids that will be playing in the DA are pretty savvy folks ... We don't have unrealistic visions of our kid wearing the red, white and blue ... C'mon now.  And the DA clubs aren't money mongering when it comes to this program.  Quite conversely, they're discounting dues for those kids that have demonstrated that they are capable of, and willing to make this level of commitment, as well as offering a fantastic platform which can be used for the kids to achieve their goals.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ElClassico 08/05/17, 12:39 pm

RightWingDad wrote:
ElClassico wrote:

This will be the draw the smaller independent clubs will have, funds will help their DD not someone else's.

How much longer do you think these Indy's will be around? I'd give most maybe another 2-4 years at best. I see a number of academy level teams/coaches are dwindling at these small Indy clubs. Without this feeder system can they possibly survive? At the older ages the challenge becomes a shrinking talent pool to replace for injuries and limited CPP when needed. Recruiting at these clubs can be a significant challenge.

Last year we saw some very credible Indy's go by the wayside, Andro, Mustangs and FWFC lost many teams (down to 3 boys and 2 girls teams now).

Will NTX look like Colorado or what's going on in STX? A few massive clubs with huge pools of players...and payers ;-)
Everybody likes the new shiny toy. Wait till players who join LH and PPL teams of the big clubs start realizing their team is either getting below par coaching, supporting other teams, or worse realize that the DA and ECNL coaches aren't going to pay any attention to how well Suzy is doing on her D2 team. Go ahead and look at what some of these big clubs are trying to pass off as coaches for LH and PPL

At some point, someone or something will pull back the curtain.
ElClassico
ElClassico
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 12:57 pm

I just read that GA is NOW an ECNL coach....no upgrade in licensing but a shift in title because the shift in leagues....so IF there was a new league that offered "more development" than the DA and everything shifted again...would he then be qualified to be a "DA" coach...by default?
Not a knock on GA but just an example that this is really just a shuffling of titles. Gotta admit that the DA doesn't seem as genuine as proposed.
Just keep playing and keep paying...

And again....Im not sold but I will still participate.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 12:59 pm

I thought we were already there...we need a Renaissance in NTX what happened to development of players and loyalty? If the DA in theory works maybe we can go back to the Happy Days....
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 01:00 pm

BigErn wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:And the highschool memories of playing with your friends, playing in front of your friends cheering you on, the hopes of winning a state highschool championship, getting a letterman jacket, and having a social peer group in highschool is gone just so a bunch of money mongers want to control your girl's future for their own personal benefit.  $5k per year, $10k per year, $2k per year.. who cares as long as we screw up our kids opportunity to have a normal childhood because the parents are drinking the kool-aide that his/her DD is going to play for the USWNT.

I figured by now this was common knowledge, but to clarify, the Girl's DA is going to take only the top 3-4% of the kids in each age group (likely even more exclusive in the coming years) ... Plenty of kids will still be getting letterman jackets.  These kids are choosing this route over ECNL having knowledge of exactly what the commitment to DA soccer will entail ... In essence, they are trading the high school soccer experience for one that will all but guarantee that they get to play soccer in college.

As has been mentioned a couple of other times on this forum, most of the parents of kids that will be playing in the DA are pretty savvy folks ... We don't have unrealistic visions of our kid wearing the red, white and blue ... C'mon now.  And the DA clubs aren't money mongering when it comes to this program.  Quite conversely, they're discounting dues for those kids that have demonstrated that they are capable of, and willing to make this level of commitment, as well as offering a fantastic platform which can be used for the kids to achieve their goals.
is that not what ECNL provided prior to?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 01:07 pm

My kids letterman jacket now is her club gear not her Fonzie outfit...she happy as can be...I doubt we play rec ball in high school. If that coat 3K a year so be it she's happy if she can play in college wo going the DA route so be it...we will do some college camps in the summer for the experience and eyes other than that we are happy campers. Great coach and good team brings value to us...

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/05/17, 01:24 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
BigErn wrote:

is that not what ECNL provided prior to?

Close, outside of the glaring differences ...

The ECNL kids have the option to play school sports.

The ECNL program is more cost involved.

The ECNL program is a bit more inclusive -- more clubs participating making that number closer to the top 7-8% of kids participating.

The ECNL program has lesser coaching license requirements.

The ECNL program does not have a set training regiment and curriculum that coaches are required to follow.

The ECNL does not require 4 training days per week.

Regarding your GA based post ...

How does GA sliding into the ECNL role at Texans suggest anything in the way that the DA isn't "genuine" ... any logic to this?  Rather ... Wouldn't that suggest that the Texans simply didn't have another more qualified coach to handle their ECNL sides in the younger age groups?  To take over the DA teams, he'd need at least a USSF B which is why HN has been named, right?

And for the love of God, can we please stop using the term "more development" when referring to leagues.  At this point, the difference in the platforms/leagues is the level of play.  Sheish!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 01:35 pm

I love it BigEm this is all good stuff...I aprreciate you coming to the party today.....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 01:49 pm

Well $&@#, that's what the "leagues" advocate... "development" whether it's more or better...hell, it's the "development" academy....

And my bad..."genuine" was the wrong term...maybe "more purposeful" was the one I was looking for.

HN maybe taking a shot at it because he wants to see what the girls side is about...he will easily get out of it doesn't pay dividends and go back to solely boys. Q could take the DA right? Is he not qualified? I just used GA as an example of everything moving with the tide.

From your explanation DA will be more condensed as far as teams but will some players still ride the pine and wish they were in ECNL getting pt or just be happy with being apart of? I'm asking legit logical questions here. I noticed you're well informed but no one truly knows when and how everything will smooth on out. Your delivery sounds as though you guarantee a definite rise for NTX soccer. You're confident and it's delivered in your text but that tone and sarcasm is just what it is...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 01:51 pm

And trust me...JDL and LH was pretty damn even in level of play this past year so Shiesh right back atcha...

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 01:52 pm

Well not even but not a great deal apart.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:09 pm

Will the DA players be dual roster in LH or will that change I know we talk about HS rec ball but what about when these players transition to DA will they still have roster capabilities in LH.

Until that actually happems it's going to be a hard sale that LH is dwindling in its value when everyone plays in the league.

No wonder people in ECNL.is crying they won't be the top dawn and get all the perks...if DA is business usual which I expect w the lite but if U14 is when it's audited can someone answer that?

Last edited by BigboyBentley on 08/05/17, 02:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 02:21 pm

ok scratch everything i posted....
BigErn with thou's articulate and ever knowing @$$....

Serious question....
With the DA and its many stipulations and glorious platform...why was it and or why is it "necessary?"
Provide me with that answer and please utilize every fiber of your text bravado that you impress me so thoroughly with.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 08/05/17, 02:24 pm

BigboyBentley wrote:Will the DA players be dual roster in LH or will that change I know we talk about HS rec ball but what about when these players transition to DA will they still have roster capabilities in LH.

Until that actually happems it's going to be a hard sale that LH is dwindling in its value when everyone plays in the league.

No wonder people in ECNL.is crying they won't be the top dawn and get all the perks...if DA is business usual which I expect w the lite but if U14 is when it's audited can someone answer that?

If it really is the top 3-4% of players why would they want to play in LH?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:26 pm

Will they be restricted? Simple yes or no question we all know LH JDL is smoke and mirrors will DA be the same?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 02:27 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
BigboyBentley wrote:Will the DA players be dual roster in LH or will that change I know we talk about HS rec ball but what about when these players transition to DA will they still have roster capabilities in LH.

If it really is the top 3-4% of players why would they want to play in LH?  

Maybe for PT? the training maybe great or ok....but if you aren't getting any game action that has to suck!!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:30 pm

Are you going to answer the question or twist it w your sarcasm as usual....

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:37 pm

Burgerboy yes or no?

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 08/05/17, 02:40 pm

I always hear the running joke of how shitty millennials are. You know why? Because they have shitty parents. OMG shut up with the incessant whining. Oh but high school and the crowds and all your friends and that super sweet awesome jacket. The DA is scamming for our money. DA will never overtake the king ECNL. They need to fix it this way. It whine, bitch, moan and as soon as open practices came up you all went flooding out. Hell nothing hear is even original. You guys have the same complaint and doubt the boys parents did years ago when boys DA hit NTX. Guess what? they are ran out then too and soccer survived.

Here is an important life lesson to teach to little Becky. Life is about choices. You don't always get everything you want, and everything isn't always about you. If playing in front of those massive HS game crowds is important to you then make the choice. If you really want that super awesome jacket then go get it. The DA is not forcing a single player to join and here is the surprise "It's not about you big head kid" The DA isn't making money and it's cost negative for them (clubs could be a different story) It is to build a better soccer player and there by a better national team and stronger womens game. More soccer options is not a bad thing so shut up, look at the options and make a decision that suits your daughters and families needs (and talent level).

Oh BBB to answer that question as a DP in the DA you can play a max of 6 games.

YOU'RE WELCOME
go99
go99
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 06Southgirl 08/05/17, 02:44 pm

Actually GA was offered the DA spot but chose to do ECNL so he wouldn't have to take time away from his other teams.
06Southgirl
06Southgirl
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 08/05/17, 02:47 pm

06southgirl wrote:Actually GA was offered the DA spot but chose to do ECNL so he wouldn't have to take time away from his other teams.

Does he have a B license?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:47 pm

Thanks for that info. I keep asking for it and no one answers...geez just trying to figure out if my daughter in LH is going to be playing rec ball like high school...
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/05/17, 02:48 pm

go99 wrote:I always hear the running joke of how shitty millennials are.  You know why? Because they have shitty parents.  OMG shut up with the incessant whining.  Oh but high school and the crowds and all your friends and that super sweet awesome jacket.  The DA is scamming for our money.  DA will never overtake the king ECNL.  They need to fix it this way.  It whine, bitch, moan and as soon as open practices came up you all went flooding out.  Hell nothing hear is even original.  You guys have the same  complaint and doubt the boys parents did years ago when boys DA hit NTX.  Guess what? they are ran out then too and soccer survived.  

Here is an important life lesson to teach to little Becky. Life is about choices.  You don't always get everything you want, and everything isn't always about you.  If playing in front of those massive HS game crowds is important to you then make the choice.  If you really want that super awesome jacket then go get it.  The DA is not forcing a single player to join and here is the surprise "It's not about you big head kid"  The DA isn't making money and it's cost negative for them (clubs could be a different story) It is to build a better soccer player and there by a better national team and stronger womens game.  More soccer options is not a bad thing so shut up, look at the options and make a decision that suits your daughters and families needs (and talent level).  

Oh BBB to answer that question as a DP in the DA you can play a max of 6 games.

YOU'RE WELCOME

F your first paragraph but thanks for the 2nd....

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Boy Bentley 08/05/17, 02:50 pm

LH is pretty much business as usual I keep hearing from Zizou it will be Plano and being forced to eat hotdogs wo chili and extra onions...
Big Boy Bentley
Big Boy Bentley
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/05/17, 03:06 pm

Nice GA ... Sounds like a well thought out, mature decision. I could've sworn that I read that GA did not have the license to satisfy the minimum requirement to head up a DA team ... Guessing he has the USSF B or maybe the A?

And for those that really are wondering whether players participating in DA will be playing in LHGCL as well ... The answer is absolutely not.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 08/05/17, 03:11 pm

When did Q get the B license?
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down