North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Solar West 2014G24/09/22, 05:14 pmtyhone
USMMA looking for interested Women24/09/22, 02:22 pmVJester
Renegades 14/15B Blanton 21/09/22, 01:19 pmtareyncarol
Renegades 2014G Blanton 21/09/22, 11:44 amtareyncarol
TOURNAMENT: VETERAN HEROES CUP - Nov 11-13, 202220/09/22, 10:18 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C LEAGUE CHALLENGE CUP - Nov. 18-2020/09/22, 10:17 amU90C
TOURNAMENT: U90C UPPER 90 CHALLENGE - Dec. 2-420/09/22, 10:10 amU90C
Home School Soccer15/09/22, 11:19 amBlakers15
Cross City SC 2014 (Allen, TX)07/09/22, 04:34 pmSkyblueMachine
BALL KIDS NEEDED FOR UNT SOCCER! 07/09/22, 09:28 ammeangreen17
Plano Labor Day Tournament thoughts06/09/22, 10:22 pmAnonymousCoward
BVB 06G Premier (F:LFC Raisbeck) LH D1 and NPL03/09/22, 06:32 pmNorthtexas soccer
2014-2017 Boys welcome * Dallas Texans01/09/22, 11:02 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Academy 2016G01/09/22, 10:53 amDallas Texans East
Guest players needed 29/08/22, 11:30 pmChinu1008
Olympians 14B - Open Practices (North FTW-Keller area) 26/08/22, 09:29 amOlympians SC
Dallas Texans Arechiga24/08/22, 07:44 pmDallas Texans East
FCP Dynamos – 2010 Boys (Prosper) - Need 1 Player23/08/22, 05:07 pmfcpcoach
Legacy United 09G21/08/22, 09:26 pmDashersFC09
Soccer team18/08/22, 01:13 pmdragonstryker
BVB 2015/2016/2017 BOYS18/08/22, 10:24 amSPFCSoberano
BVB 2015 / 2016 / 2017 G SEDEH18/08/22, 10:07 amSPFCSoberano
2015/2016 boys looking for practice scrimmage 13/08/22, 04:56 pmdavid75224
Saints 07B is still looking for 2-3 more players 12/08/22, 08:24 pmdvdfdx1
Searching for a team12/08/22, 12:08 pmLuis
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15340 registered users
The newest registered user is swec0602

Our users have posted a total of 204627 messages in 31530 subjects

Plano Labor Day

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TxFutbal 11/08/17, 09:08 pm

never said anything about field size or goal size only that playing format for 7v7 has been consistently used outside of NTX since AP. All I said it the format is not unusual.. didn't say anything about how Plano was going to apply the rules. NTX is the wild wild west that essentially let's the leagues/tournaments do whatever they are able to support with the fields they have and with the least amount of cost in order to maximize the profit that goes to their non-profit organization.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 424
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by TxFutbal 11/08/17, 09:10 pm

And.. I have watched my fair share of small ball in NTX and other regions over the past year. NTX has not handled it well at all. STX has done a great job. Plano Labor Day tournament Unique.. no.. jacked up administration of the application of 7v7 small ball yes...

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 424
Points : 2661
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 11/08/17, 09:23 pm

TxFutbal wrote:And.. I have watched my fair share of small ball in NTX and other regions over the past year.  NTX has not handled it well at all.  STX has done a great job. Plano Labor Day tournament Unique.. no..  jacked up administration of the application of 7v7 small ball yes...
Yes STX has done a bang up job on this whole field size, AP , buildout line debacle. Must be why we see so many top teams from STX.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Guest 11/08/17, 09:33 pm

Every year, people bitch and complain about Plano Labor Day, but they keep coming back for more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by boflc 11/08/17, 09:39 pm

Commute times are terrific.

boflc
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 45
Points : 2730
Join date : 2015-05-31

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 27/08/17, 05:22 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:Every year, people bitch and complain about Plano Labor Day, but they keep coming back for more.
Is it ok to bitch now that rain is forecast most of week.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by coachdom23 28/08/17, 05:18 pm

Sho'Nuff wrote:Every year, people bitch and complain about Plano Labor Day, but they keep coming back for more.

And GO & RH laugh all the way to the bank
coachdom23
coachdom23
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1610
Points : 6997
Join date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty PLD still a go?

Post by SEAOTTER 31/08/17, 10:30 pm

Any word on Plano Labor day still happening? I was told that the Austin Labor day has been cancelled because of the no gas issue. Its pretty crazy around here. Every station is out of gas.

SEAOTTER
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 279
Points : 4991
Join date : 2010-04-21
Location : Water world

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by CrazySoccerParent 01/09/17, 07:04 am

They are all out because panic hysteria created this, news flash if everyone buys gas the same day stations run out... Lemmings. And no they won't cancel the tourney. Everyone will be full of gas and will probably drive less the next few days this further lowering the Demand and everything will return back to normal...
CrazySoccerParent
CrazySoccerParent
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 205
Points : 2448
Join date : 2016-08-15

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 07:53 am

The tourney may not be cancelled but there will be teams cancelling plans to travel left and right. I know I wouldn't come to DFW if I was traveling. Not worth it. So for some people, PLD will not be happening...

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Big Ern 01/09/17, 09:25 am

Bodhisattva wrote:The tourney may not be cancelled but there will be teams cancelling plans to travel left and right. I know I wouldn't come to DFW if I was traveling. Not worth it. So for some people, PLD will not be happening...

And why would that be Bodhi? You're not one of those crazies that thinks we're running out of gas are ya?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1207
Points : 4206
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Foxysoccermom 01/09/17, 09:40 am

Common sense. When you have people like big e topping off every four hours cause he's scared...it creates an issue for everyone else. A half tank is more than enough to get to your coaches house so you can mow his lawn.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2860
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 10:25 am

BigErn wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:The tourney may not be cancelled but there will be teams cancelling plans to travel left and right. I know I wouldn't come to DFW if I was traveling. Not worth it. So for some people, PLD will not be happening...

And why would that be Bodhi?  You're not one of those crazies that thinks we're running out of gas are ya?

I've driven by countless gas stations that are out of gas. Last time I checked, that means they ran out. Whether it is for a day or a week, the fact is they ran out. While there may be plenty somewhere else, I can tell you there is none around the Lewisville area.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Big Ern 01/09/17, 10:34 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:The tourney may not be cancelled but there will be teams cancelling plans to travel left and right. I know I wouldn't come to DFW if I was traveling. Not worth it. So for some people, PLD will not be happening...

And why would that be Bodhi?  You're not one of those crazies that thinks we're running out of gas are ya?

I've driven by countless gas stations that are out of gas. Last time I checked, that means they ran out. Whether it is for a day or a week, the fact is they ran out. While there may be plenty somewhere else, I can tell you there is none around the Lewisville area.

Speaking of common sense -- This is what happens when 90% of the population all try to fill up on the same day due to their addiction to social media.

Today is a new day ... there will be gas!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1207
Points : 4206
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 10:43 am

BigErn wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:
BigErn wrote:
Bodhisattva wrote:The tourney may not be cancelled but there will be teams cancelling plans to travel left and right. I know I wouldn't come to DFW if I was traveling. Not worth it. So for some people, PLD will not be happening...

And why would that be Bodhi?  You're not one of those crazies that thinks we're running out of gas are ya?

I've driven by countless gas stations that are out of gas. Last time I checked, that means they ran out. Whether it is for a day or a week, the fact is they ran out. While there may be plenty somewhere else, I can tell you there is none around the Lewisville area.

Speaking of common sense -- This is what happens when 90% of the population all try to fill up on the same day due to their addiction to social media.

Today is a new day ... there will be gas!

Show me Warchild...

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 10:48 am

I honestly do not care why people are filling up. Scared, stupid or smart. Fact is we have to drive all over the metroplex this weekend for our blessed kids to play soccer. That takes gas unless you are a Tesla freak, in which case I am going to start an electricity scare and you will be screwed too.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 10:56 am

KeeperCommander wrote:I honestly do not care why people are filling up. Scared, stupid or smart. Fact is we have to drive all over the metroplex this weekend for our blessed kids to play soccer. That takes gas unless you are a Tesla freak, in which case I am going to start an electricity scare and you will be screwed too.

Fact is this is a first world problem. Take a road trip to the coast for some perspective friendo. (cocky sniff)

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 10:58 am

So playing on a NTX Soccer forum all morning is not a first world prob?
I didn't say a word about Houston. Pay attention friendo.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 11:01 am

Lots of touchy folks on here this morning.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 11:15 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Lots of touchy folks on here this morning.

Oh the irony....

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 11:21 am

Bodhisattva wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:Lots of touchy folks on here this morning.

Oh the irony....
I am not touchy. Just don't do too well with stupid. Now back to the regular scheduled soccer chat.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by soccertard 01/09/17, 12:57 pm

You both need some of the rough stuff from Foxysoccermom to iron you out for this quiet weekend.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 311
Points : 2497
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 01:42 pm

soccertard wrote:You both need some of the rough stuff from Foxysoccermom to iron you out for this quiet weekend.
I think I need a penicillin shot just for the thought of it.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Foxysoccermom 01/09/17, 02:04 pm

Ummmmm...foxy lady...
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2860
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Bodhisattva 01/09/17, 02:58 pm

Does anyone know what age group has been affected by teams withdrawing?

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 374
Points : 2957
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by KeeperCommander 01/09/17, 03:01 pm

I only know of Houston teams withdrawing. Doubt that affected too much except TD time.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4986
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Plano Labor Day - Page 2 Empty Re: Plano Labor Day

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum