North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 6:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPENToday at 5:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC Today at 4:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $75Today at 12:18 pmTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available Today at 11:05 amAshlock09
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Today at 9:50 amsoccer712
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!Today at 9:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)Yesterday at 6:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. Yesterday at 8:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTONYesterday at 6:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/7/2021, 2:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions21/7/2021, 12:46 amalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/7/2021, 1:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/7/2021, 10:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/7/2021, 9:09 pmcenTex
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Will ECNL survive? Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203249 messages in 30753 subjects

Will ECNL survive?

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Will ECNL survive?

Post by Medicine Man 5/11/2017, 10:35 pm

With the top talent moving to DA and being financed by the lower leagues. Will parents still pay the high costs of fees and travel for ECNL when the league has been devalued? Sad

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by soccerjack 6/11/2017, 1:36 am

Medicine Man wrote:With the top talent moving to DA and being financed by the lower leagues.  Will parents still pay the high costs of fees and travel for ECNL when the league has been devalued? Sad

"We no fools" goes with your other avatar.
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3591
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Medicine Man 6/11/2017, 6:18 am

Deja Vu

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Zizou 6/11/2017, 7:58 am

ECNL will have the same thing happen to it that has happened to LHGCL. High priced watered down competition.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5355
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by soccertard 6/11/2017, 10:14 am

Current standings across the age groups tend to show a pattern of talent staying in ECNL, and not going DA...We need more leagues.  Most of us are not spending enough on this arms race.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 311
Points : 2066
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Lefty 6/11/2017, 11:39 am

Medicine Man wrote:With the top talent moving to DA and being financed by the lower leagues.  Will parents still pay the high costs of fees and travel for ECNL when the league has been devalued? Sad

It will probably survive in some form, like Arlington, Plano & LHGCL survive.  

The question will be what niche will it fill across time?  The answer may be different in different geographic areas.

In NTX would guess it will evolve to serve as the place for players targeting some of the smaller regional D1 & D2 programs.

Would not expect the pricing to change as they will still be selling 'we are the path to a college scholarship'.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1113
Points : 5591
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Guest 6/11/2017, 12:08 pm

Zizou wrote:ECNL will have the same thing happen to it that has happened to LHGCL. High priced watered down competition.

right.....

Can Sting request a do-over?

Like "Hey DA people, we're ready now!! Can we get in?!? is it too late? com'on....let a sista in!!"

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Medicine Man 6/11/2017, 12:21 pm

KC crystal ball knows the answers. After the great Exodus the PR nightmare and results in LH my money's on the Deathstar. Bet the farm mama says, mama says. The sheep will be guided off the cliff round 2.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by soccerjack 6/11/2017, 2:28 pm

In NTX would guess it will evolve to serve as the place for players targeting some of the smaller regional D1 & D2 programs.



This is what most people miss. If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for. You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number. If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

This is in my opinion, the problem with youth soccer....too many throw away all reason and accountability, to stand in line with the rest of the sheep that follow the shiny object.




soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3591
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PowerKick 6/11/2017, 2:32 pm

JonSneauxTargaryen wrote:

Can Sting request a do-over?

Like "Hey DA people, we're ready now!! Can we get in?!? is it too late? com'on....let a sista in!!"

Earlier this year heard a DOC already predicted that D'Feeters will disappear by the end of 2018, and Sting will do the same unless......

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 163
Points : 2599
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PowerKick 6/11/2017, 2:35 pm

soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 163
Points : 2599
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 6/11/2017, 2:50 pm

PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4341
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PowerKick 6/11/2017, 3:00 pm

PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.

My point is - ECNL clubs will not survive due to lack of younger players in the non-DA age group like U13 below, most of the younger players flooded into Big3. As a result ECNL clubs won't have enough cash to support their status.

PowerKick
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 163
Points : 2599
Join date : 2014-12-08

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by soccerjack 6/11/2017, 3:01 pm

PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.


DA composite....
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 994
Points : 3591
Join date : 2014-07-11

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 6/11/2017, 3:30 pm

soccerjack wrote:
PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.


DA composite....
This is both funny and sad..because you're probably right.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4341
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 6/11/2017, 3:34 pm

PowerKick wrote:
PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.

My point is - ECNL clubs will not survive due to lack of younger players in the non-DA age group like U13 below, most of the younger players flooded into Big3. As a result ECNL clubs won't have enough cash to support their status.
I understood your point, and let's assume you are correct that everyone flocks to the 3 DA clubs, where do those clubs then play those p(l)ayers?

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4341
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Lefty 6/11/2017, 4:45 pm

soccerjack wrote:In NTX would guess it will evolve to serve as the place for players targeting some of the smaller regional D1 & D2 programs.



This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

This is in my opinion, the problem with youth soccer....too many throw away all reason and accountability, to stand in line with the rest of the sheep that follow the shiny object.

I may be missing the point, but doubt a coach at a Power 5 D1 school is going to be real excited about committing $ to a 'superstar' who is not dedicated enough to her craft to play DA as that is certainly less than what will be expected of her in college soccer.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1113
Points : 5591
Join date : 2009-05-18

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by SoccerDad75033 6/11/2017, 4:59 pm

PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
PowerKick wrote:
soccerjack wrote:This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

You miss the point, the ECNL club will not survive due to that there won't be enough younger players in Select and Academy level, most of the players move to Big3 already happening.
So where do all of those excess players play? There are only 3 DA teams per age group? Where do you go if you don't make one of those teams? LH? Because you already told us ECNL is dead.

Not even that when you consider that the DA teams are combined at U16/U17 and U18/U19.

So next year, probably 60-75% of current U15 DA players will have to go elsewhere.

SoccerDad75033
Annual Supporting Member
Annual Supporting Member

Posts : 138
Points : 3605
Join date : 2012-02-20

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 6/11/2017, 5:25 pm

Lefty wrote:
soccerjack wrote:In NTX would guess it will evolve to serve as the place for players targeting some of the smaller regional D1 & D2 programs.



This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

This is in my opinion, the problem with youth soccer....too many throw away all reason and accountability, to stand in line with the rest of the sheep that follow the shiny object.

I may be missing the point, but doubt a coach at a Power 5 D1 school is going to be real excited about committing $ to a 'superstar' who is not dedicated enough to her craft to play DA as that is certainly less than what will be expected of her in college soccer.
Prior to this season, that's exactly what they've been doing. Some even committing $ to non- ECNL players.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 515
Points : 4341
Join date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Medicine Man 6/11/2017, 5:37 pm

Money down the drain. Now you got to start over. Can't you see the trend? It's almost comical.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by TX Turf Burn 6/11/2017, 6:53 pm

This time last year there was good amount of talk about DA 2 teams instead of ECNL
TX Turf Burn
TX Turf Burn
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 2100
Join date : 2015-12-03

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Guest 6/11/2017, 9:06 pm

Lefty wrote:
soccerjack wrote:In NTX would guess it will evolve to serve as the place for players targeting some of the smaller regional D1 & D2 programs.



This is what most people miss.  If there are half as many DA teams than the old ECNL, then ECNL might be more relevant than people give credit for.  You would assume the same number of scholarships still exist, fewer will go to ECNL because of DA, but it should still be a significant number.  If a player is a superstar and wants to play ECNL for a better life balance, I would bet they will still get the exposure they want.

This is in my opinion, the problem with youth soccer....too many throw away all reason and accountability, to stand in line with the rest of the sheep that follow the shiny object.

I may be missing the point, but doubt a coach at a Power 5 D1 school is going to be real excited about committing $ to a 'superstar' who is not dedicated enough to her craft to play DA as that is certainly less than what will be expected of her in college soccer.
That has got to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have ever read on here. Completely laughable to say that a Power 5 D1 coach is going to pass on an ECNL "superstar", (your words). Just because she insn't playing DA. Then you go on to insult those that have chosen to stay ECNL by insinuating they are not dedicated enough to their craft. Please step away from the DA punch bowl for a few minutes.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Zizou 6/11/2017, 9:20 pm

USSF will create a DA 2 and take three possibly four more clubs completely out of ECNL. ECNL will have no choice but to kick out those DA clubs that pull their second division teams from ECNL. This will be USSF’s final nail in the ECNL casket.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5355
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Zizou 6/11/2017, 9:21 pm

Those offered the DA bid should have taken it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5355
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Zizou 6/11/2017, 9:33 pm

Albion gets a DA bid out of Houston next year. TSC or Tulsa energy get the one bid out of Oklahoma.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5355
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum