North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
ECNL-08Yesterday at 11:34 pmcheckpoint.charlie
Top ‘07 NTX Boys TeamsYesterday at 09:37 pmCtrl Alt de Ligt
Youth Pick-up Games Are Back!Yesterday at 02:16 pmcityfutsal
ECNL 04 Girls Week 4Yesterday at 10:38 amdtk9119
Online Personal Trainer, Live & On-demand24/09/20, 01:35 pmcityfutsal
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B - Looking for Keeper24/09/20, 10:32 amcgooden
FC Dallas South Kounas 11B24/09/20, 10:17 amcgooden
07 ECNL23/09/20, 11:52 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Dual roster 23/09/20, 11:40 pmCheckpoint Charlie
Looking for a team23/09/20, 11:26 pmCheckpoint Charlie
ECNL 04 Girls Week 323/09/20, 04:13 pmBluesTraveler
Still looking for a team? RISE8 FC 07G LHGC League & Futsal23/09/20, 12:19 pmCccrushers
RISE8 FC 08G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:47 amCccrushers
RISE8 FC 07G Looking to add a GOALKEEPER to complete ROSTER23/09/20, 11:34 amCccrushers
Dallas Roma FC 2012. Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:09 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 2011 Coached by Patrick Shamu 22/09/20, 06:01 pmDRFC Academy
Dallas Roma FC 10s Classic lge Needing a Goalkeeper. 22/09/20, 05:49 pmDRFC Academy
FC Dallas 11G Copa, JGAL, 2 open spots 22/09/20, 04:00 pmCoachEddieMarin
Goalkeeper Wanted22/09/20, 01:55 pmcoachsansom
Sting 12 boys MOLE (Frisco)22/09/20, 01:11 pmCoachGM
Thiago has the most passes in English Premier League22/09/20, 03:36 amALEXXXXXXX
Renegades 2012G Central • Mendoza21/09/20, 11:48 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2014/15G • Central Division21/09/20, 08:53 amRenegades Soccer Club
Renegades Soccer Club 2013G’s Opportunity’s 21/09/20, 08:42 amRenegades Soccer Club
FC Premier now forming Boys & Girls Juniors teams 2013-201520/09/20, 07:58 pmMuc03b

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Will ECNL survive? - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14516 registered users
The newest registered user is checkpoint.charlie

Our users have posted a total of 200218 messages in 29427 subjects

Will ECNL survive?

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Will ECNL survive?

Post by Zizou on 26/11/17, 08:55 am

Hell no! Sting owns ECNL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Offsidepacman on 26/11/17, 09:02 am

ECNL teams not showing well at d'feeters, losing to nonecnl teams left and right.

It's mentioned above that lake highlands is diminished but, having seen some of the play, there are multiple lake highlands teams that can beat ecnl teams in their age group. Watched u16 match with lake highlands against 2nd place ecnl team, if not for poor finishing, the lake highlands team wins easily.

Offsidepacman
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 26/11/17, 08:19 pm

Will Sting and Dfeeters exist in a few years w the fall of ECNL and the prestige shoppers going to the big 3 for the bright lights big city dance. scratch

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 on 27/11/17, 09:17 am

Did the Dfeeters just buy the Dallas Kicks out?

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Will ECNL survive? - Page 5 Empty The DA goal is not Relevant

Post by soccer-minded on 21/12/17, 08:49 am

1more_dd_dad wrote:ECNL will survive and remain relevant because of its stated goal.  ECNL is a platform to gain exposure for college.  I think things will settle after a few years when ECNL proves its still able to have a large percentage of its young ladies gain college commitments.  The funny thing about DA, it is supposed to be a platform to create a common curriculum that ultimately leads to the National Team.  When will Solar adopt the Texans play style or FCD adopt Solar's play style or when will all three adopt the Michigan Hawks play style?  Nothing has changes except DA is ECNL v2 with more practice and no high school for a group of girls that 99.9% will never be sniffed by the US National team...

I held off from posting simply because I wanted to see for myself whether your assertion was accurate. After having witnessed the DA showcase in Florida, there were more major D1 college coaches watching our games than at any ECNL event in the past. Just because the DA stated goal is to ultimately improve the national team by implementing standards that are consistent throughout clubs doesn't necessarily mean that college coaches are disinterested. On the contrary and having talked with several coaches at the event, the more concentration of top talent makes it easier for them to view prospects. Also, they mentioned that the DA programming being administered consistently across the board simulates and aligns better with a college environment, which ultimately makes for a smoother transition for these young ladies into a college program.

At the end of the day, if the DA does attract elite talent because of the US National team carrot, and ultimately second-tier talent follows because they want to play with better players, why would we parents actually believe that top D1, D2, and D3 college coaches wouldn't follow? I agree that it won't happen overnight, but talent will eventually gravitate to talent. I choose to have my DD on that ship from the beginning as opposed to breaking in mid-stream, and the adverse effects to development that may come with it (social, tenure preference, etc.)

soccer-minded
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 21/12/17, 09:04 am

I believe the three DA clubs will also pull their second teams from ECNL and place them in DA2 with the intention to make movement of players up and down in level much easier throughout the entire season. Will the three DA clubs drop their ECNL team? I say no, they will fill that position with their third team to give those players exposure to the college coaches.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 21/12/17, 09:47 am

Zizou wrote:I believe the three DA clubs will also pull their second teams from ECNL and place them in DA2 with the intention to make movement of players up and down in level much easier throughout the entire season. Will the three DA clubs drop their ECNL team? I say no, they will fill that position with their third team to give those players exposure to the college coaches.

Pull?  Uhhhh, rumor has it ECNL is going to tell the 3 DA clubs to choose one or other.  So more likely their ECNL membership will be revoked. (If rumors are true.)  I think a good move on ECNLs part.

Last edited by NoSpinZone on 21/12/17, 09:50 am; edited 1 time in total

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 21/12/17, 09:47 am

I agree, but looking across the nation and the big clubs that will leave will be too much loss for ECNL. Hell, you think Eclipse and Rory Dames the president of ECNL is going to be made to decide?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone on 21/12/17, 10:00 am

Zizou wrote:I agree, but looking across the nation and the big clubs that will leave will Be too much loss for ECNL. Hell, you think Eclipse and Rory Dames the president of ECNL is going to be made to decide.

IDK enough nationally to take a guess. But isnt Christian Lavers from Wisconsin the President of ECNL(per website) and that club is only ECNL.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 21/12/17, 10:09 am

Yes, Rory Dames, Kenny Medina, ect.....etc....... have a lot of pull in ECNL Rory was the one running those ID2 programs. It will be interesting to see the ultimatum given out by ECNL and the large clubs not just locally that will leave. This is going to be very interesting. Good Luck ECNL! You should know by now just having title doesn’t give you control and power over decisions made.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 27/12/17, 09:40 pm

Zizou ECNL will survive but it won't be as impressive on the resume.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eaglemountaindad99 on 27/12/17, 11:37 pm

Zizou wrote:I believe the three DA clubs will also pull their second teams from ECNL and place them in DA2 with the intention to make movement of players up and down in level much easier throughout the entire season. Will the three DA clubs drop their ECNL team? I say no, they will fill that position with their third team to give those players exposure to the college coaches.

Zizou, I think you are on point with this one.  This has been happening all season with ECNL now, playing up per age group.  ECNL/DA girls sitting out that are committed.  ECNL girls are already being asked to play up, and older girls asked to play DA after xmas break.  This is a very fluid change in player movement.
I hope younger parents are are aware of or paying attention to the changes.

eaglemountaindad99
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 30/12/17, 08:54 pm

Zizou knows the reindeer games. He's been on the Rocky road to nowhere. I knew he was an Elvis fan the first time I read his posts.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal on 02/01/18, 10:05 am

If DA would scrap the stupid rule about not being able to play high school sports we wouldn't even be discussing DA vs. ECNL. I think we need to shift the discussion to DA vs ODP.. If DA is really about development and national team aspirations, DA vs ODP is the right discussion.. ECNL vs DA is just about bad blood and a power struggle..

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 02/01/18, 11:50 am

TxFutbal wrote:If DA would scrap the stupid rule about not being able to play high school sports we wouldn't even be discussing DA vs. ECNL.  I think we need to shift the discussion to DA vs ODP..  If DA is really about development and national team aspirations, DA vs ODP is the right discussion..  ECNL vs DA is just about bad blood and a power struggle..  
The discussion of DA and ECNL is a good one. ODP and DA is like comparing Pee Wee Herman and The Rock. ODP lost its relevance a couple years ago. Prob less than 2% of top players do ODP.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 02/01/18, 12:22 pm

Yeah , ODP has seen its best days. Although, you can see them trying to keep it a float by targeting areas of players that do not have access to ECNL or DA programs. My DD was fortunate to catch the end of the ODP glory days. It was a memorable ride. It seems the women’s game could be settling into a level of consistency. The last two years has been a roller coaster ride.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on 02/01/18, 01:17 pm

Will ECNL "Survive?"

Survive.....you can "SURVIVE" a bullet to the head. Dont mean you will be the same great mind you were prior to that bullet.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 02/01/18, 01:34 pm

You can also survive a lobotomy as Medicine Man has proved.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 03/01/18, 09:09 pm

Kc survives his annual spanking from Dirty Santa he must like that. HO HO HO. ECNL like ODP will be watered down just like the rest of the league's. Time to plant those spring flowers KC.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Spolar on 03/01/18, 10:31 pm

Yes, I believe ECNL will survive if DA stays the same. If DA adapts with some key changes, then ECNL may suffer.

Good DMN read today on this topix:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/01/03/not-just-losing-seniors-anymore-us-soccer-draining-talent-dallas-area-high-schools
Spolar
Spolar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou on 04/01/18, 04:54 am

With all that talent leaving the high school game. How frustrating could it become for a top player to now have the pressure, in high school games, to carry a program?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 04/01/18, 06:53 am

Zizou I wouldn't call it pressure but frustration playing w less skilled players. Most of the kids will figure out it's not worth their time if the play about everyday w the club. That article is some good propaganda must be affiliated w the Big3 somehow. For a kid to not play and be the water girl and do laundry for the team and be at practices is not realistic Zizou. I call total BS there. Watered down and water girl are synonymous.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander on 04/01/18, 07:01 am

I think it will be two fold. I say some ECNL girls will chose to not do HS soccer at this rate. It will not be a competitive environment so they will chose to forgo all the frustration. Might take a few years though.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball on 04/01/18, 09:56 am

There has been a significant exodus of non-DA players already at a couple of schools.

But I also know of at least 6 very high-level players who are staying with their programs as non-playing managers. The culture built at these programs is important to the kids.
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man on 04/01/18, 12:46 pm

ECNL to play HS soccer doesn't make since to anyone. This is old school sales techniques from the dark ages. People are not that dumb anymore it's the 21st century w social media and DA now the top Tier w A B teams the fun beyond that is staying in shape and making kumbaya friends and party pics.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern on 04/01/18, 04:00 pm

Spolar wrote:Yes, I believe ECNL will survive if DA stays the same. If DA adapts with some key changes, then ECNL may suffer.

Good DMN read today on this topix:
https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2018/01/03/not-just-losing-seniors-anymore-us-soccer-draining-talent-dallas-area-high-schools

The most significantly authentic statement from this article ...

"High school coaches worry that DA events will eventually be where most of the recruiting takes place. College scouts have a travel budget to adhere to and will flock to where they can see a multitude of elite recruits at one time."

... is the one that makes this absolutely the case, without the question of "may".

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum