North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Mutiny/Solar merge? - Page 3 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

Mutiny/Solar merge?

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Mutiny/Solar merge? - Page 3 Empty Re: Mutiny/Solar merge?

Post by Zizou 13/01/18, 10:52 pm

My DD played in LHGCL back in the day when truly it was considered one to the top leagues in the country. Games were great it was like a war zone with players, coaches, and parents hating each other. Games became physical borderline violent with very little soccer being played. The atmosphere was tense a lot of the time bringing out the worse in everyone.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 13/01/18, 11:55 pm

Traveling baseball and softball teams focus on tournament play and use "league" play for practice development. The tournaments are used for ranking and qualification to regional and national tournaments.

Volleyball does not have leagues. All competitive matches are tournament based There are practice/development competitive tournaments and then there are qualifier tournaments that enable teams to play in tournaments that are feeders to national bids. The national tournament is for teams that qualified to play. The national championship is hosted in different cities each year. The regional and national tournaments are essentially the college showcases. What is great about volleyball is the national tournament feeder system has different levels of competition that enables teams of different talent to compete for a national championship that is focused on their level of play. For instance there is a an open division that is for the most competitive teams, national for 2nd tier teams, and American for the next level. This allows talent to rise to the most competitive level they are capable of playing.

The LH D1,D2,D3 system is similar but instead of being tournament based that leads to a national title, it's essentially just compartmentalized friendlies that have no meaning for the kids/parents, yet NTX puts a lot of emphasis on getting into a particular friendly league.

ECNL tried to fix this by making the "league" regional based that offers advancement to a national tournament as does NPL and now DA but instead of being associated, they are competitive with each other Once soccer gets on a single platform like volleyball with a single governing body and a defined path for a national championship with different levels of competition, we will reach nirvana. Politics and power hungry governing bodies are hindering soccer growth in the United States in my opinion.

What I like about baseball, softball, and volleyball is the club system does not compete with the high school system. The kids get to play both.

The system I would like to see is a structure focused on friendlies to prepare teams for local feeder tournaments that offer bids to regional/national qualifying tournaments for the level of play they are capable of playing. LH for instance could offer an organized friendly platform, host regional qualifiers and then be part of the pool to host regional/national tournaments. Call it National Cup instead of World Cup.

The current World Cup format is way too exclusive that is only focused on the top 1%. Too many platforms such as ECNL, NPL, State Cup, etc dilutes talent, is too confusing, and causes too many mis-matches that then diminishes development.

If DA is suppose to be the stepping stone to World Cup level talent then let's call this the world division. ECNL could be the national division for kids wanting to just play college at the D1 level, and NPL for kids who may want to play college but are more suited for D2/D3 level collegiate competition.

LH, U90, Primetime, and the clubs that host tournaments such as Surf Cup or Disney ESPN showcase, Vegas Cup, Liverpool RWB, Ayses Winter/Summer Classic, FC Michael Brown, Plano Labor Day, etc then focus on hosting competitions that lead to regional qualifiers/national qualifiers.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FriscoSoccer2004 14/01/18, 08:36 am

Very well written and great info Thx TXfutbal. Was chatting with a volleyball dad last night and just learned about their schedule and ranking system and structure. Very well organized it seems.
FriscoSoccer2004
FriscoSoccer2004
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/01/18, 09:56 am

Here is a great example of why Youth Soccer is dysfunctional.. This doesn't even include the newly created DA platform.

https://bsbproduction.s3.amazonaws.com/portals/1745/docs/2016-17%20files/usclub-vs-usyouth.pdf

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 11:10 am

DA platform is new to the women’s game, but as far as a platform has been in existence for some time. Youth soccer up to this point has been driven on the successes of team. Ie... leagues, rankings, and championships. This criterion has been the deciding factors of who could develop players best. USSF has made changes that best work for the individual players and that those players are working under a system set up to increase development. Leagues, championships, and rankings have destroyed our youth system. USSF and US Club combined with a local league should give players and families plenty of choices For what works best for their player.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/01/18, 12:01 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/01/18, 12:03 pm

I understand DA has been in existence on boys side since 2007. ECNL was created in 2009 to provide a similar experience for the girls and has now created the same for the boys in 2017.

I call BS that championships and rankings have destroyed our youth system. Kids want to play for something just like adults do. Before all this existed the high schools and junior highs provided the conduit for kids to play for something vs. just training and participation trophies.

Ranking and National Championships has worked for over 50 years in little league baseball (name a boy who plays baseball who doesn't want to play in the little league world series?) it works in softball, it works in volleyball, and it works in golf..

The difference is soccer is too messed up to organize properly because of all the politics, fraud, money laundering, and power hungry leaders in the various factions to do what is right for the kids. Shame on these leaders who refuse to come together to do what is right for the sport they dedicate themselves to support/promote/grow.

Soccer is a fantastic sport and is being ruined in the US by stupid people.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/01/18, 12:05 pm

Sign me up.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 12:11 pm

TxFutbal wrote:I understand DA has been in existence on boys side since 2007.  ECNL was created in 2009 to provide a similar experience for the girls and has now created the same for the boys in 2017.

I call BS that championships and rankings have destroyed our youth system.  Kids want to play for something just like adults do.   Before all this existed the high schools and junior highs provided the conduit for kids to play for something vs. just training and participation trophies.

Ranking and National Championships has worked for over 50 years in little league baseball (name a boy who plays baseball who doesn't want to play in the little league world series?) it works in softball, it works in volleyball, and it works in golf..  

The difference is soccer is too messed up to organize properly because of all the politics, fraud, money laundering, and power hungry leaders in the various factions to do what is right for the kids.  Shame on these leaders who refuse to come together to do what is right for the sport they dedicate themselves to support/promote/grow.

Soccer is a fantastic sport and is being ruined in the US by stupid people.

Leagues, rankings, and championships do not develope players. So I guess we’re going to have to disagree on your BS.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/01/18, 12:13 pm

Do we need to start calling DA the snowflake league because everyone is too concerned that the kids can't play multiple styles of soccer, sometimes play physical soccer, or learn to incorporate different decision making skills/ways to control their bodies from playing different sports because everyone is afraid they will get a boo-boo or someone will hurt their feelings?

There is a lot more to soccer than girls learning how to perfect their juggling and scissor move.

Last I checked, soccer is a contact sport at the highest levels and the 2nd place trophy is located in the boys locker room.

Respectfully Sir, what has killed youth soccer is DA.. The USMNT is living proof. Lat I checked USWNT is still one of the most respected teams in the world. If the boys would learn how to play like a girl, maybe they could win a few matches.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 12:22 pm

That’s funny! Please let us know how you figure ECNL and the DA Academy are snow flake leagues. Please enlighten us on your vast experience watching league matches, travel to showcases, and national championship matches you have seen. I agree with your wanting women’s soccer to organize and to clean up its act, but that about it.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/01/18, 12:38 pm

ECNL is not a snowflake league. It has been and probably the most competitive soccer for girls to date. If US Club Soccer would organize ECNL and NPL into a cohesive system, the girls would be better served.

With all the rules DA is putting in place, it sounds like a snowflake league to me.. Especially looking at what has happened to the boys in DA.. Biggest bunch of floppers and kids who can't solve their way out of a paper bag I have seen in my life.. But I give it to them, they can juggle a ball for 5 hours straight and can pass a beautiful ball with the perfect arc straight to the other team.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 12:46 pm

Sounds like a snowflake league. You speak from zero experience. My DD has competed from the beginning in both leagues. The competition in the lonestar division and now in the frontier division has been extremely competitive. The frontier division adding the Colorado clubs has made it one of the toughest divisions in the nation. Have a nice day. Nothing more to see here.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/01/18, 01:04 pm

I hear the coaches wear tights and do acrobatics at halftime. Sounds like something I want to be on the front row.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/01/18, 01:18 pm

Is that what their sports psychologist and sports therapists are telling them? For a program that focuses on fewer games and more training, why is your DD playing the same if not more games this year than she did last year? 25-30 games plus showcases doesn't sound to me like there is more training going on..

Sounds to me like a land grab..

Let me ask you a couple of questions.. How has DA impacted your wallet? Same money spent as ECNL, less, or more? Still paying club dues? Does your DA coach have more certifications than your ECNL coach had? Traveling more or less than ECNL? Is the style of play any different than ECNL? Besides DA being the new shiny toy, how is it different than ECNL other than more restrictions on the girls? If competition, rankings, and championships have killed soccer, why does DA have playoffs? Give me just 1 single difference between ECNL and DA other than the association running the dang business?

You speak out of all sides of your mouth... You lost all credibility with me.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 01:56 pm

My DD has played with some of the top coaches in Dallas. DA has been a blessing to our family and cost. ECNL, with a full schedule 8-9 thousand dollars. DA with all fees payed plus travel 3-4 thousand dollars. DA desition making seems to be player centered. These figures could be different depending on the club. Some are more expensive than others.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 01:59 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Is that what their sports psychologist and sports therapists are telling them?  For a program that focuses on fewer games and more training, why is your DD playing the same if not more games this year than she did last year? 25-30 games plus showcases doesn't sound to me like there is more training going on..

Let me ask you a couple of questions.. How has DA impacted your wallet?  Same money spent as ECNL, less, or more?  Still paying club dues?  Does your DA coach have more certifications than your ECNL coach had? Traveling more or less than ECNL?  Is the style of play any different than ECNL?  Besides DA being the new shiny toy, how is it different than ECNL other than more restrictions on the girls?  If competition, rankings, and championships have killed soccer, why does DA have playoffs?  Give me just 1 single difference between ECNL and DA other than the association running the dang business?

You speak out of all sides of your mouth...  You lost all credibility with me.

I could careless what you think! I speak from experience. You on the other hand. Well that’s a laugher. Thank you for the morning comedy club.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/01/18, 02:00 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Is that what their sports psychologist and sports therapists are telling them?  For a program that focuses on fewer games and more training, why is your DD playing the same if not more games this year than she did last year? 25-30 games plus showcases doesn't sound to me like there is more training going on..

Let me ask you a couple of questions.. How has DA impacted your wallet?  Same money spent as ECNL, less, or more?  Still paying club dues?  Does your DA coach have more certifications than your ECNL coach had? Traveling more or less than ECNL?  Is the style of play any different than ECNL?  Besides DA being the new shiny toy, how is it different than ECNL other than more restrictions on the girls?  If competition, rankings, and championships have killed soccer, why does DA have playoffs?  Give me just 1 single difference between ECNL and DA other than the association running the dang business?

You speak out of all sides of your mouth...  You lost all credibility with me.

I could careless what you think! I speak from experience. You on the other hand. Well that’s a laugher. Thank you for the morning comedy club. I had enough fun with this subject. I’m out! ✌️

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 14/01/18, 03:39 pm

Keep working on your halftime theatrics practice makes perfect.

Watch "Karl Pilkington - Bullshit Man" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/1lRIQGU2RRk

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rumorhasit 16/01/18, 01:11 pm

Got a phone call last night that this has been confirmed with coaches from both clubs

rumorhasit
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 16/01/18, 07:37 pm

I'm at the PSA in Murphy Zizou it is dead cold. I see some of the little tikes wearing their Mutiny gear. No more it's all Solar. Money in the bank.

Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 17/01/18, 04:38 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Do we need to start calling DA the snowflake league because everyone is too concerned that the kids can't play multiple styles of soccer, sometimes play physical soccer, or learn to incorporate different decision making skills/ways to control their bodies from playing different sports because everyone is afraid they will get a boo-boo or someone will hurt their feelings?

There is a lot more to soccer than girls learning how to perfect their juggling and scissor move.

Last I checked, soccer is a contact sport at the highest levels and the 2nd place trophy is located in the boys locker room.

Respectfully Sir, what has killed youth soccer is DA..  The USMNT is living proof.  Lat I checked USWNT is still one of the most respected teams in the world.  If the boys would learn how to play like a girl, maybe they could win a few matches.

This one (among others from you in this thread) is a real beaut!  

Given all of your expertise, you'd think you'd know that the kids playing DA are the same kids that were playing ECNL last year.  In reading this clearly baseless (some of which seems emotionally spurred) analysis of DA, it sounds like you're saying that all of the sudden, the same kids became 'soft, flopping, snowflakes' when they swapped sleeve patches ... yeah -- makes sense  Neutral

Since you seem to be seeking (and obviously need) some info given your line of questioning to ole Zizou, I'll try to fill ya in based on what I've seen personally over the past few months of kid participating in DA ...

Less $ than overall, similar travel to ECNL.  

Playing style is the same at this point (the program is only a dozen or so matches into it's existence so any judicious person would expect this to be the case) outside of the strain on those coaches not accustomed to the substitution rules (which I'm not a huge fan of, but makes the matches more fun to watch and is good for the kids in the long run).  

Despite what has become a common misconception, there are no "sport psychologists" in GDA around here.  

This has been thoroughly covered but the coaches for the most part are the same that were heading up the ECNL teams last year.  More of a 'logistical process' difference than 'philosophical' difference that you naysayers love to sarcastically claim.  Coaching wise, there is actually more difference between ECNL-DA then from ECNL-LHGCL.  

And yes ... there is in fact a higher license requirement -- see your revered GA for example.

Oh -- btw ... my kid can't juggle a ball for more than 10 seconds.  And I know you're trying to push her to volleyball like her big sis, but if she's good enough and you plan on your 06 playing at the top level here in NTX, we'll see you out there soon enough.

Good luck!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 17/01/18, 04:57 pm

My youngest wants no part of volleyball.. She loves soccer and will be a soccer girl for life I think. She even likes watching it on TV and going to the FC games and when the USWNT comes to town.

Don't know about the top level though. I think right now she likes playing and likes trophies when she has been able to earn them, but she doesn't get too upset if she loses a match/tournament. Time will tell but can't see her in DA..Maybe ECNL/High school or maybe just NPL/High school. It Doesn't matter to me as long as soccer does not interfere with her ability to be successful in high school and further her education in college. If she follows the path of my niece or nephew and pursues college sports, good for her.

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 17/01/18, 05:06 pm

Medicine Man wrote:I'm at the PSA in Murphy Zizou it is dead cold. I see some of the little tikes wearing their Mutiny gear. No more it's all Solar. Money in the bank.

Is Shonuff and soccersrub there too?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 17/01/18, 05:10 pm

TxFutbal wrote:Do we need to start calling DA the snowflake league because everyone is too concerned that the kids can't play multiple styles of soccer, sometimes play physical soccer, or learn to incorporate different decision making skills/ways to control their bodies from playing different sports because everyone is afraid they will get a boo-boo or someone will hurt their feelings?

Respectfully Sir, what has killed youth soccer is DA..  The USMNT is living proof.  Lat I checked USWNT is still one of the most respected teams in the world.  If the boys would learn how to play like a girl, maybe they could win a few matches.

Ohh no you dinnit! Bige is gonna need to correct your baseless claims. DA is the best thing since.....well ECNL and ....well JDL!
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 17/01/18, 05:14 pm

Doh!  Just a half hour late jack ...

Have a look and lemme know whatcha think Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next