North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

This topic is about absolutely nothing

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 5 Empty Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by AngelinaGoalee 13/02/18, 04:12 pm

Big Ern wrote:Understood KC --

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink

It’s statements from you like this that get the people in an uproar!!

But they disregard all the valid points you make prior to that.
You can look at the ECNL current standings and results and see where the talent went.

It really shows that the Texans have a slight flaw in their system also...U14 DA and ECNL are underachieving. There is one coach in that club that creates a big ripple and I’m just amazed at the effect he actually has still.

::Out of the 3 bigs::

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 5 Empty Re: This topic is about absolutely nothing

Post by Foxysoccermom 13/02/18, 04:51 pm

I thought you quit AGHO. Oh yeah you can't quit Bige! Kind of a Brokeback mountain kind of thing.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 07:16 am

However, I don't think that anyone (including those at USSDA) would assume that GDA is the epitome of excellence, nor would they consider the ECNL to be lowly.  There is much variance in the concentration of talent across the country ... some areas (SoCal, Chicago, NTX, etc) are GDA heavy, others (NoCal, Vegas, STX) etc) are ECNL heavy.  What has been consistent in the transition however, is that the traditional powerhouse/top performing clubs (FC Dallas, Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, MI Hawks, PDA, Crossfire, Eclipse, Real CO among others) in the ECNL over the years, are now GDA clubs.  And these same clubs are generally now the top performing in GDA ... the beat goes on.  

Regarding DIGC ... If you asked one of the USSDA officials, he or she likely wouldn't even know what it was, let alone that a couple GDA teams will be playing ECNL teams.  To say that everyone will think it'd be an utter failure if FC Dallas U14 weren't facing off with Solar U14 in the final, is silly.  I can tell you that CP and AG will just look at those matchups like they would've last year ... the best of Solar vs the best of Sting, or the best of FCD vs the best of Texans.  When the big picture is put into perspective, there are, and will always be, some ECNL teams that can beat some GDA teams.  

It just happens to be my opinion (based on recent history) that nationwide, the top talent in general is now playing in GDA -- that's all  Wink
I can agree with most of that. Perhaps it would first be important to note that all statements are relevant. Meaning they shouldn’t be taken so much out of context. On both sides of the fence. Now to the meat on the bone. DIGC is renown throughout the soccer community, nation and some instances other countries. Yes every USSDA official has heard of it, lets not be silly.
As far as utter failure goes, we will see. So much talk has gone on here on the forum as to where the top talent plays and where it will stay, how ECNL will fold, debating where the recruitment will come from, who has the best training regimens or dietary requirements for players. No if you guys come out and take care of business in DGIC this will be the first place you guys come to congratulate yourself, and kudos if you do. Hats off, hip hip hooray to a job well done. You BigE are included in this as you have been very vocal about this yourself. Where it gets interesting would be again if DA does not do in this big tournament what it said all along it could do against the “rest” because of its superiority. One of the first times all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage. DAer’s cant hide if they do not perform, they cant change course either and say oh well it was the sun that was in my eyes and Trump was building this wall you see. It would all just be excuses. Time to work now, I will check back later on the whining.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 07:52 am

KeeperCommander wrote:

I can agree with most of that.  Perhaps it would first be important to note that all statements are relevant. Meaning they shouldn’t be taken so much out of context. On both sides of the fence.  Now to the meat on the bone.  DIGC is renown throughout the soccer community, nation and some instances other countries.  Yes every USSDA official has heard of it, lets not be silly.  
As far as utter failure goes, we will see.  So much talk has gone on here on the forum as to where the top talent plays and where it will stay, how ECNL will fold, debating where the recruitment will come from, who has the best training regimens or dietary requirements for players.  No if you guys come out and take care of business in DGIC this will be the first place you guys come to congratulate yourself, and kudos if you do. Hats off, hip hip hooray to a job well done.  You BigE are included in this as you have been very vocal about this yourself.  Where it gets interesting would be again if DA does not do in this big tournament what it said all along it could do against the “rest” because of its superiority.  One of the first times all the big talent plays in same tournament against one another on same stage.  DAer’s cant hide if they do not perform, they cant change course either and say oh well it was the sun that was in my eyes and Trump was building this wall you see.  It would all just be excuses.  Time to work now, I will check back later on the whining.

So you’re saying...in the same light, “IF” GDA dominates, then it will be confirmation that GDA “IS” what all the GDA’ers say it is and ECNL’ers should bow down?

Or is it only pertinent to those of each side that post and lurk on this forum?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 08:06 am

Well I guess in some regards you could say that, but not really. I am speaking more in a DAer mind not rational folks. I am not against DA just those that think the high and mighty stuff. If they win, great job and well that’s what was suppose to happen right. If they lose its not that simple. I believe it will be business as usual if they win most of the groups, accounts will be deleted and mass hysteria will ensue if they lose most of the groups. Kids might get enrolled at charter schools so they can practice more, maybe even pulled out of school all together so they can ensure they make the National Team.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 08:21 am

just on this forum alone...theres Zizou and Big E....are there alot more "DA'ers?"
you know....to form a solid conclusion of how "DA'ers" will feel?

IF the DA doesn't dominate...."Inaugural" will be the key word or "excuse" I believe...which is "somewhat" justifiable.

I'm very neutral on the issue but I enjoy "pie in the face" of boastful people regardless of the issue.

DA vs ECNL could be a good thing...a great thing. I just want to know how valid the Intel is concerning college scouts favoring DA events over ECNL events.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/18, 09:34 am

/\ They're not at this juncture. I have spoken to a few college coaches,(Ole Miss, Florida St. and a few others) about recruiting guidelines, etc. and DA vs ECNL. It's amazing how easy it is to reach and engage these coaches if you are polite and to the point with your questions. The responses I got were, their resources are limited so they try to catch as much as they can. They are aware of DA and its potential impact on player movement, however ECNL has been a very good recruiting venue for them. So it would be safe to bet they are not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 09:39 am

On college scout issue BigE is right for a few reasons. Regionally DA and ECNL is different. So for certain areas DA is going to rule the roost, others ECNL might have same pull as always. That also may change over the years back and forth. If you were a scout wouldn’t you want to go where the talent was. That may be both leagues. Have to be selective I suppose.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 09:41 am

Cleansheets wrote:/\ They're not at this juncture. I have spoken to a few college coaches,(Ole Miss, Florida St. and a few others) about recruiting guidelines, etc. and DA vs ECNL. It's amazing how easy it is to reach and engage these coaches if you are polite and to the point with your questions. The responses I got were, their resources are limited so they try to catch as much as they can. They are aware of DA and its potential impact on player movement, however ECNL has been a very good recruiting venue for them. So it would be safe to bet they are not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just yet.

Refreshing to hear....
That was my initial assumption.

DA does have an alluring logo though.

That joker has to make you feel a bit closer to the real thing eh?

This topic is about absolutely nothing - Page 5 Ussf_d10

Last edited by AngelinaGoalee on 14/02/18, 09:45 am; edited 1 time in total

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 09:44 am

Cleansheets wrote:/\ They're not at this juncture. I have spoken to a few college coaches,(Ole Miss, Florida St. and a few others) about recruiting guidelines, etc. and DA vs ECNL. It's amazing how easy it is to reach and engage these coaches if you are polite and to the point with your questions. The responses I got were, their resources are limited so they try to catch as much as they can. They are aware of DA and its potential impact on player movement, however ECNL has been a very good recruiting venue for them. So it would be safe to bet they are not ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Just yet.
Have heard similar rumbles, we will see what the numbers show over the next couple years.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/02/18, 10:20 am

You are correct with ECNL has been a good recruiting venue for them, but with limited spending budgets and player movement something will have to give.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 10:26 am

Zizou wrote:You are correct with ECNL has been a good recruiting venue for them, but with limited spending budgets and player movement something will have to give.

When....will it give?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 10:26 am

2 maybe 3 more seasons?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 11:17 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:2 maybe 3 more seasons?
The real change may never come but it might be next year.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/02/18, 12:40 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:On college scout issue BigE is right for a few reasons.  Regionally DA and ECNL is different.  So for certain areas DA is going to rule the roost, others ECNL might have same pull as always.  That also may change over the years back and forth.  If you were a scout wouldn’t you want to go where the talent was.  That may be both leagues.  Have to be selective I suppose.

Regionally DA and ECNL?? Are you referring to local games or showcases? This might have been covered but with DA you have all 69 DA clubs in one location per showcase. Not sure this applies to ECNL showcases. You will accumulate more coaches in one location with DA showcases than with ECNL from my understanding.
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/02/18, 01:00 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:2 maybe 3 more seasons?

My opinion, ECNL broke USYSA in two years. So I am going with two and three is for sure.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 01:05 pm

No referring to what E was saying and agreeing with him. Some areas are heavier in DA or ECNL talent. Like you said, 69 DA clubs would be hard to pass up, so would certain showcases where some of the top ECNL teams were playing.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/02/18, 01:09 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:No referring to what E was saying and agreeing with him.  Some areas are heavier in DA or ECNL talent.  Like you said, 69 DA clubs would be hard to pass up, so would certain showcases where some of the top ECNL teams were playing.

Key word is "some"..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 01:18 pm

Son_ofa_Pitch wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:No referring to what E was saying and agreeing with him.  Some areas are heavier in DA or ECNL talent.  Like you said, 69 DA clubs would be hard to pass up, so would certain showcases where some of the top ECNL teams were playing.

Key word is "some"..
Ah another DA’er.  Well you better hope ALL your DA teams win at DIGC or your practice schedule will increase to 5 days a week. Very Happy
You know getting beat by someone who can only attract some of the scouts would be pretty hard to take for some of you.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Son_ofa_Pitch 14/02/18, 01:23 pm

Im not worried about DIGC.. If a ECNL team beats a DA team, it happens. It won't diminish DA or increase the value of ECNL even more.. Everyone had their reasons for going DA or staying with ECNL. Im sure both league will be scouted but DA will be more so than ECNL from what I've seen. Take it for what its worth..
Son_ofa_Pitch
Son_ofa_Pitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/02/18, 01:47 pm

Have heard some comments from players and college coaches that DA is either mandating or strongly suggesting the formations and tactics that should be used by DA clubs, and that this is already leading to somewhat "predictable" play in DA games. Concerns that this is/will stifle creativity in the players and lead to struggles when faced with different formations/tactics from opponents outside of DA.

Comments from the peanut gallery on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 14/02/18, 01:52 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:Have heard some comments from players and college coaches that DA is either mandating or strongly suggesting the formations and tactics that should be used by DA clubs, and that this is already leading to somewhat "predictable" play in DA games.  Concerns that this is/will stifle creativity in the players and lead to struggles when faced with different formations/tactics from opponents outside of DA.

You mean someone is trying to employ the joystick approach? You don’t say....

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 01:58 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:Have heard some comments from players and college coaches that DA is either mandating or strongly suggesting the formations and tactics that should be used by DA clubs, and that this is already leading to somewhat "predictable" play in DA games.  Concerns that this is/will stifle creativity in the players and lead to struggles when faced with different formations/tactics from opponents outside of DA.

I call BS on that one....no way.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 14/02/18, 02:02 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:

So say if, Texans, would want to play boot ball(not that they would Rolling Eyes ) US Soccer would be fine w that?  Or would US Soccer want a little more control in developing the next National Team pool?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 14/02/18, 02:17 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:

So say if, Texans, would want to play boot ball(not that they would Rolling Eyes ) US Soccer would be fine w that?  Or would US Soccer want a little more control in developing the next National Team pool?

Im not saying US Soccer "would be fine" with it....Im questioning the discipline and obedience of coaches.

I hear a certain Texans coach is lobbying for a DA position....so lets say that happens...hypothetically.
He is bringing his athletes and he is bringing his style of play. He wouldn't have time to employ and execute what US Soccer is asking for and he wants to win. Thats why I cant see that happening in too many other instances either.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 14/02/18, 11:25 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:

You mean someone is trying to employ the joystick approach? You don’t say....

^ HO-LEE-JEEZ.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next