North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
+27790324557 MEET A PROFESSIONA PSYCHIC, SPIRITUAL HEALER ON28/12/23, 07:07 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557STRONG LOVE SPELLS FOR RELATIONSHIPS AND LOVE WH28/12/23, 06:58 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557WE ARE THE ILLUMINATI, REGISTER AS A NEW MEMBER 28/12/23, 06:53 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557THIS IS THE ILLUMINATI JOINING POINT 28/12/23, 06:46 amkawayidamirrows
+27790324557 THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US28/12/23, 06:37 amkawayidamirrows
THE REAL ILLUMINATI WHATSAPP NO TO CONTACT US ONLINE IS+277928/12/23, 06:28 amkawayidamirrows
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LP U14 ECNL? Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Kewb11

Our users have posted a total of 205165 messages in 31955 subjects

LP U14 ECNL?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

LP U14 ECNL? Empty LP U14 ECNL?

Post by NoSpinZone 19/02/18, 11:43 pm

How'd this happen? Only saw the one team. Trial run?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LP U14 ECNL? Empty Re: LP U14 ECNL?

Post by TulsaFootballDad 19/02/18, 11:55 pm

A team pulled out and Liverpool was invited. You could say it was a trial run. A player ended up with a fractured ankle injury in their final game and had to be stretchered off against Conneticut Soccer Club. 1-1 tie 3 minutes into the second half and the game was called.
TulsaFootballDad
TulsaFootballDad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/02/18, 06:03 am

LP’s addition to ECNL is going to make for increased competition for players in Dallas. Will this make ECNL better or even more watered down?

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 20/02/18, 06:20 am

My opinion for what its worth (not much), 5 ecnl was too many. Now w DA who knows. I dont see ALL the top players choosing DA, so Sting and Feet could benefit. DA not as strong as could be, ECNL stronger than if all went DA. Add in LP and the talent gets diluted imho. We would have 6 DA and ECNL teams, that is if DA clubs lose ECNL, if not 9 teams. DFW doesnt have 9 teams of top players. 6 or more teams equals more watered down me.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Medicine Man 20/02/18, 07:30 am

Zizou it's all watered down now. I guess the question will be asked by parents of recreational players that don't spend thousands of dollars for a product that is diminished at all levels and competitive play not much better. Is too big and too many leagues the way to go? To me it will change the dynamics across the board and many won't buy into the marketing and sales pitch of alot of the leagues that was the bread and butter of the corporate clubs. The market will be that much more separated for the real talent pool of N TX.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/02/18, 08:04 am

NoSpinZone wrote:My opinion for what its worth (not much), 5 ecnl was too many. Now w DA who knows.  I dont see ALL the top players choosing DA, so Sting and Feet could benefit. DA not as strong as could be, ECNL stronger than if all went DA.  Add in LP and  the talent gets diluted imho.  We would have 6 DA and ECNL teams, that is if DA clubs lose ECNL, if not 9 teams.  DFW doesnt have 9 teams of top players.  6 or more teams equals more watered down me.

I don’t even see NTX six teams deep in talent. Someone will take a huge hit. I’m pretty sure if ECNL kicks the DA clubs out you will see a DA2 program started.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 20/02/18, 08:36 am

I thought the DA2 program was already coming, no?
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/02/18, 08:51 am

Not according to BigE

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/18, 09:23 am

Zizou wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:My opinion for what its worth (not much), 5 ecnl was too many. Now w DA who knows.  I dont see ALL the top players choosing DA, so Sting and Feet could benefit. DA not as strong as could be, ECNL stronger than if all went DA.  Add in LP and  the talent gets diluted imho.  We would have 6 DA and ECNL teams, that is if DA clubs lose ECNL, if not 9 teams.  DFW doesnt have 9 teams of top players.  6 or more teams equals more watered down me.

I don’t even see NTX six teams deep in talent. Someone will take a huge hit. I’m pretty sure if ECNL kicks the DA clubs out you will see a DA2 program started.
OMG! Will you please stop with the DA2 talk. You are the only person on here that keeps perpetuating that idea. There is not going to be a DA2 here in NTX. The only place I have even heard that phrase mentioned is on the SoCal forum. That out there is an entirely different beast and could support that concept. If you are refering to the pilot teams at FCD and Solar, then call them what they are.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/02/18, 09:29 am

Cleansheets wrote:
Zizou wrote:

OMG! Will you please stop with the DA2 talk. You are the only person on here that keeps perpetuating that idea. There is not going to be a DA2 here in NTX. The only place I have even heard that phrase mentioned is on the SoCal forum. That out there is an entirely different beast and could support that concept. If you are refering to the pilot teams at FCD and Solar, then call them what they are.

IF the Big 3 are asked/decide to leave ECNL, what is most likely to happen to those players?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 20/02/18, 09:39 am

M.E.G.A

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/18, 09:40 am

Scatter into the wind. I'm sure those that don't make the u16/17 DA team will be herded into some "pilot" team to keep them within the club. Those that say no thanks will find another team, club. Whether it be ECNL or Classic. Regardless of what happens there will still be an ECNL presence in NTX.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 20/02/18, 09:43 am

ForReal wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Zizou wrote:

IF the Big 3 are asked/decide to leave ECNL, what is most likely to happen to those players?  

Oh, I'm sure their clubs are already deciding that sales pitch.  Evil or Very Mad

My guess - back to LH or PPL.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/02/18, 09:47 am

Cleansheets wrote:Scatter into the wind. I'm sure those that don't make the u16/17 DA team will be herded into some "pilot" team to keep them within the club. Those that say no thanks will find another team, club. Whether it be ECNL or Classic. Regardless of what happens there will still be an ECNL presence in NTX.

That's a lot of players to scatter. Some might land ECNL spots, but not the majority. Looks like LH might get some stronger players back.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 5050Ball 20/02/18, 09:51 am

ForReal wrote:
Cleansheets wrote:
Zizou wrote:

They'll all be selling flowers. Rolling Eyes
5050Ball
5050Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/02/18, 09:52 am

U13s are going to see this problem magnified. At Big 3, 1 DA team, 1 ECNL team, 1-2 JDL teams. They drop ECNL and JDL goes away for age group (if not entirely anyways). At Sting and Feet, 1 ECNL team, 2 JDL teams. The pick up Champions League (for whatever that's worth without the Big 3, meaning tons of travel to STX), but still lose a spot for one team.

Lots of players looking for teams next year.

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 20/02/18, 09:57 am

There will not be JDL next year...

The current number of ECNL clubs in NTX will not be increasing or staying the same... it will be shrinking.

Thats confirmed at one club at least for sure...

Bottom line... lots of kids looking for teams, less rosters to me means stronger teams... thats good for NTX.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeperCommander 20/02/18, 10:02 am

Perhaps it does make a more diluted playing field, but I cant see how. No JDL is no big loss. No ECNL at Big 3 is only bad for money loss. Those players who do not make or do not want to play DA might leave for an ECNL club. That is a ton of money walking out the door.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/02/18, 10:14 am

Yeah, I would think adding another ECNL club will be bad business for ECNL.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/18, 10:23 am

It's just a game of musical chairs.  The size and quality of the player pool isn't changing, nor is the number of top clubs in NTX.

If the DA clubs aren't in ECNL, expect them to expand the "Pilot" teams in the even year age groups and put together a shadow league to DA in those age groups, call it Pilot, DA2, DPL, whatever. They'll essentially have a #1 team in each singular age year following DA practice guidelines.

Some of the kids playing ECNL at the DA clubs this year might bolt to Sting or D'Feeters.  The rest will end up LH or Champions League, where they are probably best served anyways.

The money train and player train will keep on a-rollin'.

Last edited by DeltaTauChi on 20/02/18, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 20/02/18, 10:24 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Perhaps it does make a more diluted playing field, but I cant see how.  No JDL is no big loss.  No ECNL at Big 3 is only bad for money loss.  Those players who do not make or do not want to play DA might leave for an ECNL club.  That is a ton of money walking out the door.

The big 3 would come up with some fancy new name for the DA 'B' team to keep them due to $$'s. Sell dumb parents on the dream of being just so close to the DA team they covet.  Same parents be mad the next year when someone else comes in to take that DA spot and lil Mia is still on the 'B' team being sold the same dream.  When in reality it's all about $$$$$'s and most of the lil Mia's on the B team wont be making the DA team.  Like dorkfish to a corndog.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 20/02/18, 10:27 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:It's just a game of musical chairs.  The size and quality of the player pool isn't changing, nor is the number of top clubs in NTX.

If the DA clubs aren't in ECNL, expect them to expand the "Pilot" teams in the even year age groups and put together a shadow league to DA in those age groups, call it Pilot, DA2, DPL, whatever. They'll essentially have a #1 team in each singular age year following DA practice guidelines.

Some of the kids playing ECNL at the DA clubs this year might bolt to Sting or D'Feeters.  The rest will end up LH or Champions League, where they are probably best served anyways.

Will the Big 3 lose Champions League if they drop or are dropped from ECNL?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20/02/18, 10:30 am

ForReal wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:It's just a game of musical chairs.  The size and quality of the player pool isn't changing, nor is the number of top clubs in NTX.

Will the Big 3 lose Champions League if they drop or are dropped from ECNL?

I'd be surprised, but I've also learned to never say never when it comes to these things.

There's mutual benefit to LH, US Club, and the DA clubs to keep their 2nd/3rd tier teams in Champions League.  If Champions League goes by the wayside, then those teams will migrate back to LH & USYSA PL.

That kind of regional play within TX/OK, along with the various non-DA, non-ECNL showcases like Texas Cup, DIGC, FC Dallas, Lonestar, etc. make sense from a college recruiting standpoint for those 2nd/3rd tier teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 20/02/18, 01:14 pm

Cleansheets wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Sure, pilot da2 teams

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 20/02/18, 02:19 pm

^ What he said.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next