North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Open Tryouts Sessions Solar West Pre-Academy 2011BToday at 03:11 pmmarylou0222
BvB 2010 G Tryouts - Prosper/ Celina Today at 02:43 pmAshlock09
Experienced Goal Keeper Looking for New Opportunity!!Today at 02:17 pmsbarton12
Sting 08G Bell Open Sessions (Plano)Today at 01:09 pmCoachBSB
Solar East 09G Gray - ECNL- RL NTXToday at 12:12 pmSolar East Gray
STING ROYAL ECNL-RL U14 (BOYLE) TRYOUTSToday at 11:52 amCoachBoyle
ECNL RL NTX OPEN Tryouts - Fever United ‘07 Girls - PennToday at 10:07 amCoachpenn@fever
ECNL RL NTX OPEN Tryouts - Fever United ‘04/‘05 Girls - PennToday at 10:01 amCoachpenn@fever
OPEN TRYOUTS - SPARTA FC04 GIRLSToday at 09:58 amDamnag90
SOLAR 08 Boys ECNL Yesterday at 10:24 pmredwhiteblue
03/04-U19 Boys Solar ECNL Yesterday at 10:07 pmredwhiteblue
ECNL RL NTX OPEN Tryouts - Fever United U18 Girls - PennYesterday at 09:21 pmCoachpenn@fever
Classic League D1 Bye-FC Dallas West Red HoffmannYesterday at 09:14 pmchiclechicle
FCD 05G West Red - ECNL RL-NTX OPEN PRACTICESYesterday at 08:55 pmchiclechicle
Open Tryouts Sessions Solar West 07B MartinezYesterday at 08:51 pmGottalovesoccer
Open Tryouts Sessions Solar West 05B MartinezYesterday at 08:36 pmGottalovesoccer
Open Tryout Sessions Solar ECNL U17B MartinezYesterday at 08:31 pmGottalovesoccer
BVB 11G Open Practices (Carrollton) Yesterday at 08:30 pmcraving_soccer
Ken Smith Tournament Cancelled - Why?Yesterday at 07:32 pmBooya22
FC FAST 2011 TryoutsYesterday at 05:57 pmFC FAST 2011
Sting 06G ECNL-RL NTXYesterday at 04:53 pmfgongora
Solar 06B Martinez ECRL 2021-2022Yesterday at 04:52 pmSisu
Sting 07G ECNL-RL NTXYesterday at 04:47 pmfgongora
Sting Royal ECNL - Regional League - U13(2009) Open Try OutsYesterday at 03:34 pmSpence
Fort Worth Thunder 08B Yesterday at 03:27 pmjgarcia303030
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14837 registered users
The newest registered user is Ashlock09

Our users have posted a total of 201386 messages in 29882 subjects

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by 05girls 27/03/18, 05:24 pm

Forget DA for the moment, can anyone say what the highest level is without a shadow of a doubt?

05girls
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 143
Join date : 2014-08-01

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by soccertard 27/03/18, 05:43 pm

PPL
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 311
Points : 1992
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Guest 27/03/18, 05:52 pm

soccertard wrote:PPL

Makes sense.  It's where the majority of FC Dallas teams play.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 06:10 pm

Whatever they say it is....

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 601
Points : 3070
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Big Ern 27/03/18, 06:39 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:Ahhhfirmative foxy --

This ...

"until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore", and "they would get even bigger share of the pie."

... are all kinds of "misinformed".  Dilly, Dilly!

I’ll have to disagree with you on this one... to say all of this change was for the betterment of US soccer play!??! I just can see how. I mean, maybe it hasn’t come to pass yet.

Platforms and proposals or not....I just want my daughter playing at the highest level that’s the only reason I support. After that, could have left well enough alone.

It appears as if you may be confused here AG --

Are you disagreeing with my post here and if so, what exactly are you disagreeing with ... That SD69 is misinformed?  If that's case (no biggie) but you are in the same boat Sir.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1200
Points : 3694
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Big Ern 27/03/18, 06:42 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:Thank you for setting SD69 straight.  He too lives in a misinformed universe and must feel scorned by what the big clubs have done to him.

Ohhh foxy -- such adorableness ... the naivety of a 7th grader.

Where is it in here "until the big clubs decided they didn't want to play with the independents anymore", and "they would get even bigger share of the pie.", that 69 didn't share misinformed information now?  Further, where was it that I've ever used the term "misinformed" where that person in fact, was not?

And tell us all more about how most every post initiated here didn't come from somebody that wasn't indeed "scorned" ... SoSy for example.  We all know (the smart folks, I mean), that the basis of the toxicity of this forum (and much of the landscape out there on the fields) is directly related to those scorned parents.  You know, the usual suspects.  The ones with multiple logins spewing misinformation and unfounded rumors based on ignorance and misconception with intention to stir up drama and defame those clubs, and parents of kids that have had success and generally positive experiences.  

And show us where those parents are on here posting about how pissed they are about this, or frustrated they are about that. Hmmm ... Sure is curious that you don't see even a skosh of that isn't it Sir?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1200
Points : 3694
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 06:49 pm

Well put it this way....wasn’t “informed” of anything.
So I guess it’s you “knowing” vs my “speculation.”

You “know” that what SD posted was or is not the case right? I just “speculate” what he posted to “appear” accurate.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 601
Points : 3070
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Medicine Man 27/03/18, 08:44 pm

It's raining.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2318
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 10:06 pm

Lmao.
Yes it is

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 601
Points : 3070
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Big Ern 27/03/18, 10:33 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:Well put it this way....wasn’t “informed” of anything.
So I guess it’s you “knowing” vs my “speculation.”

You “know” that what SD posted was or is not the case right? I just “speculate” what he posted to “appear” accurate.

Understood AG --

Yes.  The first part is obviously not the case as all of the clubs involved in JDL do indeed play with "independents" in various other leagues.  The second part is unfounded ... I mean, how does the inception of JDL legitimately give those clubs involved a "bigger piece" of some pie?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1200
Points : 3694
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by AngelinaGoalee 27/03/18, 10:50 pm

It doesn’t give them per se but I does “position” the big clubs to get more of that pie.

They were given exclusive rights to a league that most independents had little or no access to...and in that effect, some indies merged to keep teams intact and some parents jumped ship to be apart of what “seemed” bigger. With all that movement to the big clubs one would logically think that meant more $$$(pie) for those big clubs. That’s why it’s simple, maybe of the mark a bit, but still simple to “view” all of it as a money thing....not solely, but definitely a factor in those changes.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 601
Points : 3070
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Zizou 28/03/18, 06:19 am

In the old system, NTX’s talent was spread all over the city. NTX was struggling on the national level. The exception was when sting was at its dominance and was able to pull a lot of those top players into the club. LHGCL games were war zones and fights with players and coaches using awful game tactics to avoid relegation. The games were not allowing skilled players to flourish. New system is at least bringing our top players together to train and compete against the region and have higher levels of success at these national tournaments and showcases.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5281
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by KeeperCommander 28/03/18, 06:25 am

Talent is still spread all over NTX
Get back to me when a NTX player actually makes the USWNT. Until then the numbers are still quite similar to several years ago at the YNT level.
I have watched several DA teams play one another. Most of these games looked remarkably like any other high level game I have seen in other “levels”.
LHGCL games will always be warzones.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4481
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by AngelinaGoalee 28/03/18, 08:25 am

Zizou wrote:In the old system, NTX’s talent was spread all over the city. NTX was struggling on the national level. The exception was when sting was at its dominance and was able to pull a lot of those top players into the club. LHGCL games were war zones and fights with players and coaches using awful game tactics to avoid relegation. The games were not allowing skilled players to flourish. New system is at least bringing our top players together to train and compete against the region and have higher levels of success at these national tournaments and showcases.

What exactly is “struggling in the national level?” This has always eluded me...seriously.
Does this mean we had little to no representation or when our representative got an opportunity, performed poorly?

Not certain but it looks like Solar has found a small loophole to getting girls noticed and participating in the national level. Is it the market training deal? They have like 20+ participants, then FCD, then Texans and probably 2 collectively from Feeters and Sting.

I can only speak from an ‘04 perspective.... but I think the talent is still spread out and about the city, I think age pure played a major role in certain shifts, along with JDL and its “exclusiveness.” But for the most part I see most of FCD’s talent coming from LW’s bunches, Solar has a few variants but most of their core is home grown, Texans is a....Hell I don’t even know how to explain it. I’m just wondering if it’s the natural weed out process (meaning as girls get older some don’t place soccer as high of a priority) or was or are the changes necessary and effective?

Remind me again of what the overall goal is.....?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 601
Points : 3070
Join date : 2014-10-03

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/18, 08:37 am

I don't think anybody knows what the goal is when it comes to actual soccer. It's a rudderless ship. Ziz and ego are full of themselves or naive thinking they do. The one goal that's always been there and always will be for the clubs is money.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2355
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Zizou 28/03/18, 08:48 am

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Zizou wrote:In the old system, NTX’s talent was spread all over the city. NTX was struggling on the national level. The exception was when sting was at its dominance and was able to pull a lot of those top players into the club. LHGCL games were war zones and fights with players and coaches using awful game tactics to avoid relegation. The games were not allowing skilled players to flourish. New system is at least bringing our top players together to train and compete against the region and have higher levels of success at these national tournaments and showcases.

What exactly is “struggling in the national level?” This has always eluded me...seriously.
Does this mean we had little to no representation or when our representative got an opportunity, performed poorly?

Not certain but it looks like Solar has found a small loophole to getting girls noticed and participating in the national level. Is it the market training deal? They have like 20+ participants, then FCD, then Texans and probably  2 collectively from Feeters and Sting.

I can only speak from an ‘04 perspective.... but I think the talent is still spread out and about the city, I think age pure played a major role in certain shifts, along with JDL and its “exclusiveness.” But for the most part I see most of FCD’s talent coming from LW’s bunches, Solar has a few variants but most of their core is home grown, Texans is a....Hell I don’t even know how to explain it. I’m just wondering if it’s the natural weed out process (meaning as girls get older some don’t place soccer as high of a priority) or was or are the changes necessary and effective?

Remind me again of what the overall goal is.....?[/quote




My opinion of the overall goal was to bring the talent together in their respective cities to play and train under a system approved by the powers that be.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5281
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Medicine Man 28/03/18, 09:18 am

Watch "Guy beats fence with his head LOL" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/w-BTZHArCwY

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2318
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by SickofStupidity 28/03/18, 10:42 am

Zizou wrote:
AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Zizou wrote:In the old system, NTX’s talent was spread all over the city. NTX was struggling on the national level. The exception was when sting was at its dominance and was able to pull a lot of those top players into the club. LHGCL games were war zones and fights with players and coaches using awful game tactics to avoid relegation. The games were not allowing skilled players to flourish. New system is at least bringing our top players together to train and compete against the region and have higher levels of success at these national tournaments and showcases.

What exactly is “struggling in the national level?” This has always eluded me...seriously.
Does this mean we had little to no representation or when our representative got an opportunity, performed poorly?

Not certain but it looks like Solar has found a small loophole to getting girls noticed and participating in the national level. Is it the market training deal? They have like 20+ participants, then FCD, then Texans and probably  2 collectively from Feeters and Sting.

I can only speak from an ‘04 perspective.... but I think the talent is still spread out and about the city, I think age pure played a major role in certain shifts, along with JDL and its “exclusiveness.” But for the most part I see most of FCD’s talent coming from LW’s bunches, Solar has a few variants but most of their core is home grown, Texans is a....Hell I don’t even know how to explain it. I’m just wondering if it’s the natural weed out process (meaning as girls get older some don’t place soccer as high of a priority) or was or are the changes necessary and effective?

Remind me again of what the overall goal is.....?[/quote




My opinion of the overall goal was to bring the talent together in their respective cities to play and train under a system approved by the powers that be.

Wouldn't this assume that, to be effective, the "powers that be" would need know what the hell they are doing? I'm not convinced. Neither are plenty of coaches at all levels. I guess only time will tell.

ECNL brought the talent together. So DA adds the "play and train in an approved system"? Is that the end goal? I would think DA would aspire to more than just training in an approved system.

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 934
Points : 3500
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Zizou 28/03/18, 10:48 am

DA is also trying to reduce or remove the pay to play model.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5281
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by yank 28/03/18, 11:05 am

KeeperCommander wrote:Talent is still spread all over NTX
Get back to me when a NTX player actually makes the USWNT. Until then the numbers are still quite similar to several years ago at the YNT level.
I have watched several DA teams play one another. Most of these games looked remarkably like any other high level game I have seen in other “levels”.
LHGCL games will always be warzones.

Why do people continue to dismiss/overlook the fact that Taylor Smith from Fort Worth played for solar and for UCLA is routinely playing USWNT games??

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 37
Points : 1504
Join date : 2017-05-05

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Zizou 28/03/18, 11:09 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:I don't think anybody knows what the goal is when it comes to actual soccer. It's a rudderless ship. Ziz and ego are full of themselves or naive thinking they do. The one goal that's always been there and always will be for the clubs is money.

How is DA a money maker? Clubs are having to come up with money to support the reduction or removal of the pay to play model.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 5281
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Blues Fan 28/03/18, 11:54 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:I don't think anybody knows what the goal is when it comes to actual soccer. It's a rudderless ship. Ziz and ego are full of themselves or naive thinking they do. The one goal that's always been there and always will be for the clubs is money.

Isn't that the goal of every business, why exactly do we hold soccer clubs to some higher moral obligation? They are doing exactly what every other business is trying to do. Make money!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 2959
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/18, 12:12 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:I don't think anybody knows what the goal is when it comes to actual soccer. It's a rudderless ship. Ziz and ego are full of themselves or naive thinking they do. The one goal that's always been there and always will be for the clubs is money.

Isn't that the goal of every business, why exactly do we hold soccer clubs to some higher moral obligation? They are doing exactly what every other business is trying to do. Make money!

Correct and Foxys got no problem with that in most models. Just doesn't work well in kiddie soccer especially when it is morphing into a monopoly. Soccer doesn't even field the best athletes possible because of the barriers to entry. Foxy stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Very Happy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2355
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/18, 12:16 pm

Zizou wrote:DA is also trying to reduce or remove the pay to play model.


I'll bet you a night with my girl Angelina it won't be free in the next 5 years let alone ever. Tatu might give you a scholarship though.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2355
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 12:20 pm

Foxysoccermom wrote:  Foxy stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Very Happy

Wow! Found you a coach who was willing to pay for the whole night instead of by the hour! Dilly, Dilly for you Foxy!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/03/18, 12:25 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:  Foxy stayed at a Holiday Inn last night. Very Happy

Wow!  Found you a coach who was willing to pay for the whole night instead of by the hour!  Dilly, Dilly for you Foxy!

Those Brits appreciate the way foxy rolls.  Stayin at the Omni tonight. Cool. The skills coaches appreciate the foxy model, bill by the hour for five minutes of work.


Last edited by Foxysoccermom on 28/03/18, 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 734
Points : 2355
Join date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Could top teams LHGCL beat most JDL and bottom ECNL teams?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum