North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Texas lighting showcase Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

Texas lighting showcase

Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Texas lighting showcase

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 06:32 am

Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Texas lighting showcase Empty Re: Texas lighting showcase

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 07:08 am

02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight. You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um... OK. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 07:16 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:Can anyone explain why this tournament is on Easter? No game Friday, 1 game Saturday and 2 games on Easter. Do atheist run this tournament? How can they completely ruin Easter? What were they thinking?

Let me get this straight.  You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um...  OK. Mad

I handled the team issue in person, didn’t think that was possible? Um ok.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 07:38 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Let me get this straight.  You, your manager, or your coach signed your DD’s team up to play in a tournament on Easter weekend, and you’re mad at the tournament, because they scheduled games on Easter Sunday?

Um...  OK. Mad

In Bold Red no less.  Um... OK.

Texas lighting showcase Txl_sh10

Back to top Go down

Post by soccertard 28/03/18, 07:47 am

I think it's worse that they advertise this as Arlington, and teams are playing in Cleburne.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 08:35 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Um...  OK. Mad

In Bold Red no less.  Um... OK.

Texas lighting showcase Txl_sh10

Easter generally doesn’t fall on April 1st so months ago I wasn’t thinking that they were destroying Easter. I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 08:53 am

02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD. Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't. Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX. Caveat emptor.

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 08:58 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote: I admit fault that I didn’t think anyone would purposely ruin Easter, but they will never pull this one again on me or my family. Um ok ?

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

Wanna go to church? My treat for lunch.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 09:04 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

There you go 02KD.  Own your own faith and don't assume that others adhere to the same faith as strictly as you or I do, or blame them when they don't.  Welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Caveat emptor.

Wanna go to church? My treat for lunch.

Gonna have to take a raincheck. DD has a soccer game, and then have to run to my BB's baseball double header. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 28/03/18, 09:06 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:

But really, show some common sense. There would be league games if not for Easter. The only reason there is a tourney is no league games. There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 09:17 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 09:52 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

But really, show some common sense.  There would be league games if not for Easter.  The only reason there is a tourney is no league games.  There is a tourney, this one, every Easter isnt there?

My daughter has played club soccer for 7 years, 4 in Texas and 3 in another state. We have never played soccer on Easter. So please explain to me how I wasn’t using common sense. Also most tournaments have a Friday game and 2 on Saturday to see who advances to the Sunday finals.

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX. Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games. Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience. Now you know what many of the rest of us already do. You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else. Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 10:01 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games.  Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience.  Now you know what many of the rest of us already do.  You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else.  Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

I blame the tournament.

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 10:05 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
02KeeperDad wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Again, welcome to competitive youth sports in NTX.  Many (dare I say most) of us learned long ago that outside of maybe Christmas, no day is off limits for having to travel or play games.  Even if our kids weren't playing Easter weekend, it's pretty common knowledge that tournaments are played that weekend, with the possibility of games being played on Good Friday and Easter Sunday (and if you are truly of strong Christian faith, playing a game on Good Friday is actually a bigger deal than playing one on Easter Sunday).

Also, it's pretty common knowledge that a College Showcase and regular tournament do not follow the same kind of playing format, but then again, if this is your 1st time around the block, chalk it up to a learning experience.  Now you know what many of the rest of us already do.  You may not agree with it or think it's right, but assumptions and choices were made that are on you, not anyone else.  Don't blame the tournament for scheduling the games as advertised, or for not blatantly advertising that the dates were Easter weekend.

I blame the tournament.

You made assumptions and didn't do the 5 minutes of research it would have taken to figure out that the dates were Easter weekend and that the showcase games were clearly going to be scheduled for Saturday and Sunday.  

I blame you.

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 28/03/18, 10:10 am

Hold up.. Im grabbing popcorn..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 10:13 am

Made my point (repeatedly) and stated my case (repeatedly).  Pretty clear where I stand. I'm done here.

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 28/03/18, 10:13 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:Made my point (repeatedly) and stated my case (repeatedly).  I'm done here.

Thank God

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 28/03/18, 10:17 am

I know 02KD isn't down.. I know he has more he wants to say..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 28/03/18, 10:18 am

02KeeperDad wrote:
Thank God

At least we can both agree on that! Amen!

Last edited by DeltaTauChi on 28/03/18, 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 28/03/18, 10:18 am

Slurpppp...
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccer1010 28/03/18, 10:26 am

There is a very simple reason this tournament has always played Easter weekend.  

There are a plethora of college coaches in town for Dallas Cup and DIGC.

Hopefully, some will come over to Arlington to watch your DDs play as well.

soccer1010
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ddgonz22 28/03/18, 10:26 am

Well I retract my statement..It's finished..Now let me get back to looking at DIGC thread on rescheduling..
ddgonz22
ddgonz22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 28/03/18, 11:41 pm

This Showcase has been around for much longer than the DIGC, so I wouldn't think they'd be banking on college coaches being in town because of that. Dallas Cup is ALWAYS Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday every year, so it rotates on the calendar annually. But isn't playing soccer on holiday weekends normal? There are tournaments all over the country played on holiday weekends simply because it's a 3-day weekend. WAGS is a holiday weekend. Disney has several tourneys on holiday weekends. Plano Labor Day is... nevermind I shouldn't need to explain that one.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 02KeeperDad 01/04/18, 03:45 pm

Update; 1st game was played off site on a 9V9 field no College coaches, 2nd game we saw 1 College coach 3 fields away so after our game my daughter introduced herself to him, 3rd overhalf the fields are empty, no College coaches yet. We learned our lesson and we won’t make this mistake again.

Thanks to everyone for your input

02KeeperDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum