North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 2 Empty Re: DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Post by Guest 02/04/18, 11:12 am

goscore! wrote:I think there's an Austin or SA team as well, and the 2 showcase/tournaments per year, but I would guess every DP player would also be playing on another team in the club in JDL, LH or ECNL

So following the 4x per week DA training schedule, playing DPL “league” matches + high school + ECNL or LH on teams they never train with because they are already training 4x per week with their DPL team?

Someone either hasn’t thought this one through very well, or is getting sold the Brooklyn Bridge on this one.

Back to top Go down

DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite) - Page 2 Empty Re: DA/DA2(DPL)/ECNL/ECNL2(ECNL Composite)

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 11:14 am

DeltaTauChi wrote:
goscore! wrote:I think there's an Austin or SA team as well, and the 2 showcase/tournaments per year, but I would guess every DP player would also be playing on another team in the club in JDL, LH or ECNL

So following the 4x per week DA training schedule, playing DPL “league” matches + high school + ECNL or LH on teams they never train with because they are already training 4x per week with their DPL team?

Someone either hasn’t thought this one through very well, or is getting sold the Brooklyn Bridge on this one.

DPL is not DA2.  There is no such thing as DA2.  DPL is just like JDL it a league put together by the clubs.  If this a was a DA league it would have only DA teams in it.

That being said you will not follow the same practice schedule as DA.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 02/04/18, 11:20 am

They did say the DA and DP would practice together sometimes but would always have the same coaching staff and practice curriculum
Focusing on the 06s - none are in HS so there's that,  3x a week training and a recovery session day after games.
It's already been established that there are "only" 5 other teams to play in league games, plus another 6 in showcases so about 16 games?
I'm sure playing for another team is optional, but I think most of the girls could handle playing in LH in addition to that schedule.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/18, 11:22 am

Guest101 wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:Is DPL going to be every age group, or just the non-DA age groups (U13, U14, U16)?  In other words, is it truly going to be 2nd teams, or just a way to start the DA process at the younger ages and park the U16 kids while the U17’s dominate the U16/U17 DA roster?

You're missing the point.  To the clubs these are not "teams" at all.  They are a pool of resources that the club can park somewhere and draw from whenever they need to.  The alternative is to lose talent to another club.  the only team they are concerned with is the top team, everyone else is just a resource.

No. That is exactly my point. It’s a way for the DA clubs to mimic the ECNL single age-year groupings and keep more top players in their club pool. It also gives them a little more flexibility to keep top players in DA who want play HS. Don’t schedule DPL matches during HS, let the U17’s who want to play HS take an LOA, and backfill with some eager U16’s from DPL who are willing to forego HS for some added DA opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/18, 11:44 am

Guest101 wrote:Was told none of the other clubs want DA2, and that Dash and FC Dallas are pushing for it.

Well, Duh! Those club have revenue streams that make it easier to extend reduced dues to a larger player pool.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 02/04/18, 12:02 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
ForReal wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:FCD stated they would not be participating in ECNL at the U13 level.

What about U14 and up?

Good question... This current soccer year was the optional first year of U13 for ecnl... Next year it is mandatory.

Share with us brother since you have all of the FCD knowledge!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 02/04/18, 12:04 pm

What I heard was no new FCD teams into ECNL but the teams that are currently in, will stay

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 12:10 pm

I still want to know who is going to register the players and teams. USSF have said time and time again to the DA directors that there will never be a full DA 2/DPL that they will sanction. So once again the players are from 3 different state associations, STX,NTX and OK who is going to sanction and register players the only governing body that will do this is US Club Soccer and they will not sanction and administer a league that is in direct competition to ECNL, the extra training and the ability to play HS is a great way to attract players.

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 02/04/18, 12:10 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:
ForReal wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:FCD stated they would not be participating in ECNL at the U13 level.

What about U14 and up?

Good question... This current soccer year was the optional first year of U13 for ecnl... Next year it is mandatory.

No need, phones were ringing across the Metroplex before y'all's meeting was even over last week. Lol, just birdies talking to me over the weekend at DIGC and IBER.

Bored morning after a long weekend... I'll go back to eating popcorn.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 02/04/18, 12:10 pm

goscore! wrote:What I heard was no new FCD teams into ECNL but the teams that are currently in, will stay

You didn't hear that from FCD!
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/18, 12:11 pm

goscore! wrote:What I heard was no new FCD teams into ECNL but the teams that are currently in, will stay

lol! Dang GoScore! They served you up the purple kool-aid and you just chugged that stuff right down, didn’t ya?

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 02/04/18, 12:14 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
Blues Fan wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:
ForReal wrote:

What about U14 and up?

No need, phones were ringing across the Metroplex before y'all's meeting was even over last week. Lol, just birdies talking to me over the weekend at DIGC and IBER.

Bored morning after a long weekend... I'll go back to eating popcorn.

Those birdies tend to get a lot of the details wrong. Kind of like the folks spewing on the forum this morning with bad info.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 02/04/18, 12:16 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:

lol! Dang GoScore!  They served you up the purple kool-aid and you just chugged that stuff right down, didn’t ya?

I guess so...i was at the meeting and I did hear them say that however I was more concerned with the info on the 06s/DA/DP so I could be mistaken.

goscore!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/04/18, 12:18 pm

soccerjohn4 wrote:I still want to know who is going to register the players and teams. USSF have said time and time again to the DA directors that there will never be a full DA 2/DPL that they will sanction. So once again the players are from 3 different state associations, STX,NTX and OK who is going to sanction and register players the only governing body that will do this is US Club Soccer and they will not sanction and administer a league that is in direct competition to ECNL, the extra training and the ability to play HS is a great way to attract players.

What’s being described is nothing more than a team that plays a bunch of inter-club friendlies and some showcases.  Why does anyone need to register or sanction these teams?  If it’s necessary to get into showcases, they can just register their players with NTSSA/USYSA.  NTX ECNL clubs have been cross-registering their ECNL players with NTSSA/USYSA for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by ForReal 02/04/18, 12:32 pm

Blues Fan wrote:

You didn't hear that from FCD!

So what should goscore have heard? Is FC Dallas leaving ECNL entirely or continuing as is?

ForReal
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 02/04/18, 12:40 pm

FCD will not have a U13 ECNL team this next season. That's it! Anything more than that is speculation.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 01:35 pm

Blues Fan wrote:FCD will not have a U13 ECNL team this next season. That's it! Anything more than that is speculation.

Looks like someone should stop chugging the red Kool-Aid and go fact check a little more.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 01:36 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
soccerjohn4 wrote:I still want to know who is going to register the players and teams. USSF have said time and time again to the DA directors that there will never be a full DA 2/DPL that they will sanction. So once again the players are from 3 different state associations, STX,NTX and OK who is going to sanction and register players the only governing body that will do this is US Club Soccer and they will not sanction and administer a league that is in direct competition to ECNL, the extra training and the ability to play HS is a great way to attract players.

What’s being described is nothing more than a team that plays a bunch of inter-club friendlies and some showcases.  Why does anyone need to register or sanction these teams?  If it’s necessary to get into showcases, they can just register their players with NTSSA/USYSA.  NTX ECNL clubs have been cross-registering their ECNL players with NTSSA/USYSA for years.

That is exactly how I understand it. No real league to play in just a collection of players on stand by.

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 01:39 pm

goscore! wrote:They did say the DA and DP would practice together sometimes but would always have the same coaching staff and practice curriculum
Focusing on the 06s - none are in HS so there's that,  3x a week training and a recovery session day after games.
It's already been established that there are "only" 5 other teams to play in league games, plus another 6 in showcases so about 16 games?
I'm sure playing for another team is optional, but I think most of the girls could handle playing in LH in addition to that schedule.

Anyone who has been around north Texas long enough can tell you that this is code for:

1) We do call players up on occasion
2) Most of you will never see any real minutes in a DA game
3) There is a lot of talent here, what can we say to keep them from jumping ship

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 02/04/18, 01:40 pm

Guest101 wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

That is exactly how I understand it.  No real league to play in just a collection of players on stand by.

Ok whatever... details.  Will my DD's kit have a DA patch or not?  I am willing to pay extra for it if I have to.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 01:41 pm

TatonkaBurger wrote:
Guest101 wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

That is exactly how I understand it.  No real league to play in just a collection of players on stand by.

Ok whatever... details.  Will my DD's kit have a DA patch or not?  I am willing to pay extra for it if I have to.

Unless they decide to expand the roster to 44+, you sir will have a DPL patch.  Enjoy!

On second thought did anyone ever get their JDL patches as promised?

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 01:59 pm

So in other words its jut the tracksuit wearing used car salesmen, selling a pipe dream of a 2nd national league with no sanctioning to parents who don't have a clue.

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 02/04/18, 02:12 pm

soccerjohn4 wrote:So in other words its jut the tracksuit wearing used car salesmen, selling a pipe dream of a 2nd national league with no sanctioning to parents who don't have a clue.

... Or a pathway to give players currently a slight cut below DA level (or for whom DA sacrifices and requirements are a touch too stringent)  a chance to get high quality training (often with DA players and coaches)  and top games against other high quality teams.

Could be either one. I guess we will find out.

I mostly am simply hoping for a few years of stability. Whatever the format, I hope things settle in for several years.

Side note.. It does sound like the new NCAA rules that seem likely to take effect later this month (no recruiting or contact or offers until Jr year of high school) may lessen the importance of early exposure for U13-U15s. Bottom line... Do what's best for your kid and keep your focus on getting them with a good coach with an emphasis on development. Everything else is window dressing. Focus on doing what's best for your kid, and everything will work out in the end.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 02:19 pm

soccerjohn4 wrote:So in other words its jut the tracksuit wearing used car salesmen, selling a pipe dream of a 2nd national league with no sanctioning to parents who don't have a clue.

Call it what you want but here is how I see it.....

DA has showcases and a National Playoffs
ECNL has showcases and a National Playoffs
TCL (or any NPL) also has a chance to make National Playoffs
Premier League has a chance to make National Playoffs
Lake Highlands has a chance to make National Playoffs

DPL has the promise of training with the top team "sometimes" and to "follow the same curriculum".  Shouldn't all teams follow the club's curriculum?  If five other leagues will send teams to a national playoff where college coaches will go watch, why would it make sense to be in developmental pool of players who are not even playing in a sanctioned league?  Meanwhile everyone else gets an opportunity to attract attention.

Last edited by Guest101 on 02/04/18, 02:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : run-on sentence)

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjohn4 02/04/18, 02:23 pm

Absolutely agree with you the ability to move on from the league you play in to a national stage or State stage the training and friendly games are good but the competition is not going to be there when it counts due to the games only being friendlies.

Last edited by soccerjohn4 on 02/04/18, 02:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

soccerjohn4
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest101 02/04/18, 02:24 pm

soccerjohn4 wrote:Absolutely agree with you the ability to move on from the league you play on to a national stage or State stage the training and friendly games are good but the competition is not going to be there when it counts due to the games only being friendlies.

a la JDL

Guest101
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next