North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL - Page 9 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL - Page 9 Empty Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern 07/02/19, 09:43 pm

AtThePitch wrote:What will be interesting is the changes coming to what had been known as Market Training center

No longer will US soccer only be looking at DA clubs for this, and no longer will they be pushing players to switch to DA clubs.

Looking forward to all these changes!

As an amigo of mine likes to say... "Count on change"

Ahhh ATP ... changes ... I love 'em but didn't know were you such a fan of 'em (that ... and common misconceptions) ...

US Soccer is, and ha always been, looking for the best talent ... regardless of club or platform (they just happen to prefer the platform that contain the most talent ... purty simple stuff).

BTW ... 17/18 participants in the current U15 YNT ID Center are DA players.  

Please lemme know if you have any questions.

(pm is ok)   Smile

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL - Page 9 Empty Re: TEXANS / FC Dallas out of ECNL

Post by Big Ern 07/02/19, 09:54 pm

ItsMeAgain wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
ItsMeAgain wrote:DA keeps modifying and changing their rules and are slowly becoming more like the ecnl playing model....................next thing you know it will be DA demanding that clubs with presence in both league drop ecnl instead of ecnl making the demand...................both leagues have become competing leagues with watered down talent that make the good teams look great and the bad teams look s-h-i-t-t-y...............congrats us soccer........................youre model to continue falling behind the rest of the world is succeeding..................

Agreed ^ for the most part ItsMe ... But I'd add that US Soccer, quite rightly, doesn't consider, nor do they care much at all about, 'teams' --

It's all about the individual player and identification.  Therefore, your contention that the competing platforms have "watered down" anything, has little to no bearing on their initiatives.

correct......................and part of their goal was to consolidate that INDIVIDUAL talent in to one league for national team evaluation purposes........................so yes it does have some bearing on it being watered down when kids look like stud players when playing against crap opponents............................when they may simply be mediocre talent and they neglect possible superior talent that stayed with the ecnl platform..........................fail........................

Ho...Lee Hell -- Had zero idea this ^ was kinda thing was still happenin' ... thanks Bdub for the heads up! Very Happy

Fail  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing

Tell us more ItsMe 'bout, "stud players when playing against crap opponents", is what's happening  Neutral

It is 100% legitimate (and friggin' objective) to state that the majority of the traditionally top performing ECNL clubs went GDA in 2017 ... Solar, SoCal Blues, Slammers, Real CO, FC Dallas, Eclipse, FC Stars, Crossfire, Tophat and Surf (clearly the most successful girls clubs both recently and over the course of ECNL history). Given that those 10 GDA clubs have had the most national success over the past 8 years + have had the lion's share of YNT call ups, wouldn't it be fair to say that the majority of the 'best of the best' were participating in GDA over the past year 'n a half?  I mean ... any attempt to argue against that seems a bit silly wouldn't ya say?  Unless you are saying that in your mind that those premier clubs/teams/players (that just a over year ago were in the ECNL) are somehow lesser now since that they are participating in the GDA ... which, if is the case, would call into question simple logical reasoning wouldn't it?

scratch

Fun stuff!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FroZone 07/02/19, 10:59 pm

Big Ern wrote:
FroZone wrote:Hearing that at least 1 NTX GDA club has approached ECNL asking for a 2 team deal like Concorde Fire/Michigan Hawks got in exchange for dropping out of DA.  Suspect

Gosh FroYo ...

If only AS were that gullible Razz

My info is second hand, but the source is solid, and is someone who would definitely know if this request happened.

We'll see if it comes to fruition. If it does, just remember where you heard it first. Wink
FroZone
FroZone
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 07/02/19, 11:04 pm

Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

Please tell me the 05 percentage?

DA costs FCD a lot of money. FCD is ALL about the money(we all know this). GDA will never directly make them money. So this seems entirely plausible. I'm sure time will tell if this happens. BigEgo be crying in his beer if so, that, and switching to Solar.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 08/02/19, 12:37 am

Big Ern wrote:
AtThePitch wrote:What will be interesting is the changes coming to what had been known as Market Training center

No longer will US soccer only be looking at DA clubs for this, and no longer will they be pushing players to switch to DA clubs.

Looking forward to all these changes!

As an amigo of mine likes to say... "Count on change"

Ahhh ATP ... changes ... I love 'em but didn't know were you such a fan of 'em (that ... and common misconceptions) ...

US Soccer is, and ha always been, looking for the best talent ... regardless of club or platform (they just happen to prefer the platform that contain the most talent ... purty simple stuff).

(pm is ok)   Smile

No need, I'm good.

I know what is and what isn't.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/02/19, 08:29 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

DA costs FCD a lot of money. FCD is ALL about the money(we all know this).  GDA will never directly make them money. So this seems entirely plausible.  I'm sure time will tell if this happens. BigEgo be crying in his beer if so, that, and switching to Solar.

the 05 percentage?  
Dunno ... guessing 75% ish?

As for the rest of this -- Insinuating that this rumor is about FCD is a massive longshot ... too much tied into DA on the boys side.  My guess would be that it's more likely that FCD would go the other way if anything.

DA costs FCD a lot of money
Sure ... roughly the same cost as any other club within DA, right?

FCD is ALL about the money
Which of the bigs (DA, ECNL, what have you) isn't again?

GDA will never directly make them money
This one is cute -- Especially with your addition of the letter 'G' and use of 'never directly' ... makes it so easy to point out you narrow-mindedness  Wink

BigEgo be crying in his beer if so, that, and switching to Solar.
But not as cute as this bad boy  Laughing  ... As has been discussed ad nauseam (and consistently ignored by the simpletons), those of us with a kid playing in GDA could not care less what you call the organization they play within, so long as they are playing in the best environment for them.  None of us, nor any the girls would bat an eyelash if GDA went away and they were playing within the ECNL.

Happy Friday!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Poacher 08/02/19, 09:47 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

DA costs FCD a lot of money. FCD is ALL about the money(we all know this).  GDA will never directly make them money. So this seems entirely plausible.  I'm sure time will tell if this happens. BigEgo be crying in his beer if so, that, and switching to Solar.

Didn’t FCD pick up 1/2 the cost for GDA players this year? If FCD is ALL about the money, why are they the only DA club in DFW doing that?
Poacher
Poacher
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 08/02/19, 10:04 am

Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

Didn’t FCD pick up 1/2 the cost for GDA players this year? If FCD is ALL about the money, why are they the only DA club in DFW doing that?

They did which is great, and certainly kudos to them. I figured picking up a big portion of cost would vault them ahead of Solar in GDA. If its the reason they get out, then what ever plan they had didn't work or their accountants suck as projecting.

They do charge for parking, so that kinda speaks for itself on the money thing. All rumor at this point, we will have to wait and see how it shakes out but money is one of the reasons, per the rumor. We all know rumors though in NTX soccer.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ProDallas 08/02/19, 10:04 am

From my observation, FCD has plenty of poor-to-average teams to more than offset the investment they may make into their GDA teams/players. I'm not knocking it. It's supply and demand. Most clubs big and small have a range of talent - from great to bad. Kids want to play, get placed on the appropriate teams and hopefully their coaches help maximize their abilities for as long as the kids want to play.
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/02/19, 11:45 am

NoSpinZone wrote:
Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

They did which is great, and certainly kudos to them.  I figured picking up a big portion of cost would vault them ahead of Solar in GDA.  If its the reason they get out, then what ever plan they had didn't work or their accountants suck as projecting.  

They do charge for parking, so that kinda speaks for itself on the money thing.  All rumor at this point, we will have to wait and see how it shakes out but money is one of the reasons, per the rumor. We all know rumors though in NTX soccer.

Ouch!  ... poor guy  Neutral

Guessing ... uh, Mr Spinner ... that you aren't aware (which certainly doesn't come as a surprise), that Solar discounted their dues for GDA kids as well --

Also guessing that you didn't know that the head to head in the groups of most relevance (U14/15 last year and U15/16-17 this year) since inception of GDA last year is something along the lines of 6-3-2 in favor of FCD (not a knock on Solar as, in my opinion, they have more elite talent than FCD in those groups).  Not to mention that FCD U15s won the USSDA National Championship last year.

And, yet again, guessing that, even though this has been discussed ad nauseam as well, you aren't aware that FCD Youth are not collecting $ for parking at youth events held at TSC or MG, nor are they receiving any of that $.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 08/02/19, 05:46 pm

Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

They did which is great, and certainly kudos to them.  I figured picking up a big portion of cost would vault them ahead of Solar in GDA.  If its the reason they get out, then what ever plan they had didn't work or their accountants suck as projecting.  

They do charge for parking, so that kinda speaks for itself on the money thing.  All rumor at this point, we will have to wait and see how it shakes out but money is one of the reasons, per the rumor. We all know rumors though in NTX soccer.

Guessing ... uh, Mr Spinner ... that you aren't aware (which certainly doesn't come as a surprise), that Solar discounted their dues for GDA kids as well --

Also guessing that you didn't know that the head to head in the groups of most relevance (U14/15 last year and U15/16-17 this year) since inception of GDA last year is something along the lines of 6-3-2 in favor of FCD (not a knock on Solar as, in my opinion, they have more elite talent than FCD in those groups).  Not to mention that FCD U15s won the USSDA National Championship last year.

And, yet again, guessing that, even though this has been discussed ad nauseam as well, you aren't aware that FCD Youth are not collecting $ for parking at youth events held at TSC or MG, nor are they receiving any of that $.

Well aware what each club charges. Fcd and Solar aren't the same. $1k difference. Correct me if I am wrong. Irrelevant anyway. What solar charges has zero affect on the FCD profitability.

Solar 5-0 vs FCD this year... right? 13s, 14s, 15s, 16/17, and 18/19. Keep spinning!!

Fcd collects money, maybe not FCD Youth, but FCD. Or is this incorrect as well?

Can someone other than lying Ego fact check what Ive stated.

You a piece of work there Ego. So many partial/half(or less) truths.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blues Fan 08/02/19, 05:57 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

Well aware what each club charges. Fcd and Solar aren't the same. $1k difference. Correct me if I am wrong. Irrelevant anyway. What solar charges has zero affect on the FCD profitability.

Solar 5-0 vs FCD this year... right? 13s, 14s, 15s, 16/17, and 18/19.  Keep spinning!!

Fcd collects money, maybe not FCD Youth, but FCD.  Or is this incorrect as well?

I believe the money collected for parking, is done so by the City of Frisco. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is what i remember being told.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/02/19, 06:21 pm

Blues Fan wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

Solar 5-0 vs FCD this year... right? 13s, 14s, 15s, 16/17, and 18/19.  Keep spinning!!

Fcd collects money, maybe not FCD Youth, but FCD.  Or is this incorrect as well?

I believe the money collected for parking, is done so by the City of Frisco. Don't quote me on that, but I think that is what i remember being told.

Ahhh-firmative Sir!

Thanks Blues for volunteering to be a fact checker for ole Spinner here pirat

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/02/19, 06:29 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Poacher wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

(pm is ok)   Smile

Duuude --  "lying Ego"?  "half truths"? ... You're strugglin' Sir.  And you had all day  Shocked

How 'bout you show me where I lied on here ... ever?  While you're at it, lemme know where I was wrong on here at all when speaking objectively ... ever.  (hint ... you'll have to go back to 2017 -- sooo ... have fun with that)

Now to address your feeble attempt at defamation ...

Outside of knowing that they're discounted, I dunno the dues difference between FCD and Solar (I just know they're discounted).  And it's painfully apparent that you likely didn't either until you asked someone today as you were feverishly preparing for your response to my message this morning.  

Yes.  Solar swept FCD (outside of U16s) in the first and only match day so far this year between the two clubs ... buncha one goal games if I remember correctly, and as I mentioned, Solar is just better.  I even expect the U16/17s to win the USSDA National Championship this year.  That being said, as I mentioned earlier ... FCD has had Solar's number over the past year or so with the lionshare of the wins since the inception of GDA.  

And yes.  You are incorrect that FCD collects the $ from parking at youth events.  The land for TSC was given to the Hunts by the Frisco EDC.  The City of Dallas EDC did the same for the Club with MG.  From what I understand, as part of those deals the respective cities collect that $.  And just to clarify ... The FC Dallas MLS club is a completely separate entity to FC Dallas Youth.

Lemme know if you need anything else from me (a balloon perhaps?), and please keep us all in the loop regarding your progress on the research.  Love ya  I love you

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 08/02/19, 07:22 pm

It's not a lie if you convince yourself it's true.

-foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 08/02/19, 08:12 pm

The prodigal son has learned from his wasteful ways.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 06/03/19, 10:25 am

The ECNL can't afford to drop FC Dallas. Razz Razz Laughing
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 06/03/19, 01:17 pm

Correction. PPL can’t afford to lose FCD. ECNL would be fine.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 06/03/19, 02:44 pm

If they do leave ECNL is would definitely devalue the league here locally.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 06/03/19, 02:55 pm

BENDMEOVER wrote:If they do leave ECNL is would definitely devalue the league here locally.

Yeah, I'm sure ECNL would miss those 8th place teams.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 06/03/19, 03:31 pm

I dont think there too concerned about ECNL.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 06/03/19, 03:39 pm

PPL, ECNL Razz Razz whats the difference? Laughing
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 06/03/19, 03:43 pm

NoSpinZone wrote:
BENDMEOVER wrote:If they do leave ECNL is would definitely devalue the league here locally.

I can't imagine FCD would voluntarily give up ECNL. That would make very little sense to me.

I also can't imagine ECNL would boot FCD. They aren't likely to meet the written requirements for remaining ECNL (even Solar isn't a lock to meet them) and are bottom half of the standings, but are competitive and much better than clubs like Sting Austin or OK Celtic.

Maybe I am naive, but I predict status quo for 2019-2020.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yo 06/03/19, 04:44 pm

Power Play. Different standards for dual-affiliated clubs and the others you mentioned.

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 06/03/19, 04:46 pm

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Mamasita 06/03/19, 05:09 pm

timmyh wrote:
NoSpinZone wrote:

I can't imagine FCD would voluntarily give up ECNL. That would make very little sense to me.

I also can't imagine ECNL would boot FCD. They aren't likely to meet the written requirements for remaining ECNL (even Solar isn't a lock to meet them) and are bottom half of the standings, but are competitive and much better than clubs like Sting Austin or OK Celtic.  

Maybe I am naive, but I predict status quo for 2019-2020.

n D'Feeters can beat up our B-teams to make them feel better. lol!

EVERYBODY wins!!! Razz Razz cheers Embarassed Laughing Razz Razz
Frisco Mamasita
Frisco Mamasita
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next