North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:28 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:27 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:26 pmU90C
10 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:26 pmU90C
13 Boys Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:25 pmU90C
03 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:22 pmU90C
06 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:21 pmU90C
08 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:20 pmU90C
09 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:19 pmU90C
10 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:18 pmU90C
13 Girls Teams - U90C SPORTS CLASSIC Aug 13-15, 2021Today at 05:17 pmU90C
RPL - REGIONAL PREMIER LEAGUE - FALL 2021 REGISTRATION OPENToday at 04:56 pmU90C
LAST DAY OF EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC Today at 03:19 pmmusaisaya
TCSL FALL 2021 U6-U14 SAVE UP TO $75Today at 11:18 amTXClubSoccer
BVB 10G Green - 1 spot available Today at 10:05 amAshlock09
Manchester SC- Looking for 1-2 girls Today at 08:50 amsoccer712
FC Fast 2010 Boys (Powell) Looking for 1-2 more players!Today at 08:47 amfcfast10
Texas ECNL Final Club Standings (2020-21)Yesterday at 05:02 pmHooper214
Texas Lonestars open spot. Yesterday at 07:55 ambigred
NTX CELTIC 13B DUKE- FM,COPPELL,HV,CARROLLTONYesterday at 05:47 amCelticSoccer
EXTENDED REGISTRATION - TEXAS SUMMER CLASSIC21/07/21, 01:25 pmmusaisaya
Manchester SC 04B Albion Open Sessions20/07/21, 11:46 pmalbionunitedfc@gmail.com
College ID Camp for $60 Men July 21st and Women 22nd20/07/21, 12:12 pmJerlopez
Renegades 13B North - Blanton 19/07/21, 09:41 pmtareyncarol
Solar 07s19/07/21, 08:09 pmcenTex
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14998 registered users
The newest registered user is soccer712

Our users have posted a total of 203249 messages in 30753 subjects

Rival of FDL

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 09:20 am

KeeperCommander wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
timmyh wrote:Challenge and Sting Dallas can both produce a quality 2nd team. Can any of the other 5? Classics Elite and Sting Austin 2nd teams are awful, if they even exist. Albion is hit or miss depending on the age group. D'Feeters, too.  

Zero chance this league is better than Lake Highlands. But parents will sign up. At least with FDL the clubs (Lonestar, Dash, FCD, Solar, OKC, Texans) are massive with enough depth to produce quality 2nd teams (or 3rd teams for FCD or Solar).

What a cluster eff youth soccer in Texas has become with the pissing match between DA/FDL and ECNL/ECNL. There are no winners, and the biggest losers are the girls.
What standings are you looking at that shows FCD can produce even a good 2nd team?

lol!

FCD #2 teams - 3 placed 8th in ECNL and 4 placed 9th.  Only Sting Austin's dismal performance kept FC Dallas from being the worst club in the Texas Conference.

Wouldn't it be rad if a touch of common sense were to be utilized when throwing out this old, tired drivel.  The results referenced here are from matches primarily between 1st teams (ECNL exclusive clubs) playing against 2nd teams (including those from FCD).  

How 'bout we discuss what the results would look like when the 2nd teams from Sting, D'Feeters, what have you, play the 1st teams from GDA clubs ... cuz that would be even radder Wink

While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs (doesn't take a lawyer to figure this one out).

I'd guess that the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs (and the FDL outside of the Solar and FCD due to their ECNL participation) should make for a more even keel level of comp overall --
I see your point and yes it is an old debate. On one side you have the debate that has brought pages and pages of banter and laughter on this forum. On the other side you have the poster that brought it up again. So there you go...
Again, yes FCD is going against some clubs that have their #1 teams and FCD has its #2. However a club the size of FCD should have been able to produce at least 1 halfway decent second team in all this. Even you can agree on this Big E. Especially since they were behind other clubs “second” teams as well.
Can’t comment on the actual number of teams and players but FCD should be up there.

Sure KC -- Agreed that FCD has a ton of kids that shouldn't even be playing competitive soccer wearing their gear just because their parents don't know any better, but hey, good for FCD right?  This is just a byproduct of their marketing prowess, proximity to parents with a bunch of cash, and the competitive nature of the Frisco youth sports machine.

As I've mentioned before, FCD is primarily focused on building their top level.  I think it's safe to say that they have done that and will continue to do so on both the girl's and boy's side.  Over the past year, I've seen them using their 2nd tier (ECNL) primarily as an identification platform ... Going forward I'd expect that to continue there as well as with the new 3rd tier, FDL.

Granted, this isn't an easy concept to grasp as it goes a touch beyond common sense, but at Solar this year, they clearly took a bit more balanced approach when it came to rostering the ECNL and GDA sides respectively ... Placing more of their 7-8s on the ECNL rosters, while FCD placed them on their GDA rosters.  This resulted in Solar winning most of the ECNL matches and FCD coming out on top in most of the GDA matches.  Easy peasy right?  Same case with Texans for U15+ and we all know the deal with them last year at U13-U14.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 09:23 am

SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
timmyh wrote:Challenge and Sting Dallas can both produce a quality 2nd team. Can any of the other 5? Classics Elite and Sting Austin 2nd teams are awful, if they even exist. Albion is hit or miss depending on the age group. D'Feeters, too.  

Zero chance this league is better than Lake Highlands. But parents will sign up. At least with FDL the clubs (Lonestar, Dash, FCD, Solar, OKC, Texans) are massive with enough depth to produce quality 2nd teams (or 3rd teams for FCD or Solar).

What a cluster eff youth soccer in Texas has become with the pissing match between DA/FDL and ECNL/ECNL. There are no winners, and the biggest losers are the girls.
What standings are you looking at that shows FCD can produce even a good 2nd team?

lol!

FCD #2 teams - 3 placed 8th in ECNL and 4 placed 9th.  Only Sting Austin's dismal performance kept FC Dallas from being the worst club in the Texas Conference.

Wouldn't it be rad if a touch of common sense were to be utilized when throwing out this old, tired drivel.  The results referenced here are from matches primarily between 1st teams (ECNL exclusive clubs) playing against 2nd teams (including those from FCD).  

How 'bout we discuss what the results would look like when the 2nd teams from Sting, D'Feeters, what have you, play the 1st teams from GDA clubs ... cuz that would be even radder Wink

While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs (doesn't take a lawyer to figure this one out).

I'd guess that the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs (and the FDL outside of the Solar and FCD due to their ECNL participation) should make for a more even keel level of comp overall --

That's a beauty BigEgo - wouldn't expect anything less from the defender of all things FC Dallas.

But facing the facts, every FC Dallas team was in the bottom 3 in the ECNL standings.  No other club (aside from Sting Austin) has that honor . . . including the other 2 NTX clubs also sending their 2nd teams to ECNL.

In fact, FC Dallas teams placed behind all other clubs' "2nd teams" with a single exception.

Will you expect them to continue to struggle against the other clubs' 2nd teams as well?

"Facing the facts"  Laughing

I defend all things FCD eh?  May wanna have a look back there partner.

(rather than waste more time putting you back in your box, I'll just ask you to read my response to KC) ...

Really is too bad you don't have any kids still playing tee ball Sir --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3769
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Medicine Man 06/06/18, 09:41 am

Soccer is a game of chess you have to know several moves ahead to get to checkmate.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by KeeperCommander 06/06/18, 09:43 am

Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
timmyh wrote:Challenge and Sting Dallas can both produce a quality 2nd team. Can any of the other 5? Classics Elite and Sting Austin 2nd teams are awful, if they even exist. Albion is hit or miss depending on the age group. D'Feeters, too.  

Zero chance this league is better than Lake Highlands. But parents will sign up. At least with FDL the clubs (Lonestar, Dash, FCD, Solar, OKC, Texans) are massive with enough depth to produce quality 2nd teams (or 3rd teams for FCD or Solar).

What a cluster eff youth soccer in Texas has become with the pissing match between DA/FDL and ECNL/ECNL. There are no winners, and the biggest losers are the girls.
What standings are you looking at that shows FCD can produce even a good 2nd team?

lol!

FCD #2 teams - 3 placed 8th in ECNL and 4 placed 9th.  Only Sting Austin's dismal performance kept FC Dallas from being the worst club in the Texas Conference.

Wouldn't it be rad if a touch of common sense were to be utilized when throwing out this old, tired drivel.  The results referenced here are from matches primarily between 1st teams (ECNL exclusive clubs) playing against 2nd teams (including those from FCD).  

How 'bout we discuss what the results would look like when the 2nd teams from Sting, D'Feeters, what have you, play the 1st teams from GDA clubs ... cuz that would be even radder Wink

While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs (doesn't take a lawyer to figure this one out).

I'd guess that the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs (and the FDL outside of the Solar and FCD due to their ECNL participation) should make for a more even keel level of comp overall --

That's a beauty BigEgo - wouldn't expect anything less from the defender of all things FC Dallas.

But facing the facts, every FC Dallas team was in the bottom 3 in the ECNL standings.  No other club (aside from Sting Austin) has that honor . . . including the other 2 NTX clubs also sending their 2nd teams to ECNL.

In fact, FC Dallas teams placed behind all other clubs' "2nd teams" with a single exception.

Will you expect them to continue to struggle against the other clubs' 2nd teams as well?

"Facing the facts"  Laughing

I defend all things FCD eh?  May wanna have a look back there partner.

(rather than waste more time putting you back in your box, I'll just ask you to read my response to KC) ...

Really is too bad you don't have any kids still playing tee ball Sir --
Dude please! Stop coloring for 5 minutes and make some sense.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4555
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Coach 06/06/18, 12:24 pm

Any word on why the FCD East imploded this week? Because FCD only takes care of their top teams out of Frisco?
That is a lot of talented players and money moving to Solar.

__________________________________________________
Hi. I'm Tom.
Coach
Coach
Original Supporting Member
Original Supporting Member

Posts : 324
Points : 4805
Join date : 2009-05-19

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 12:50 pm

Coach wrote:Any word on why the FCD East imploded this week? Because FCD only takes care of their top teams out of Frisco?
That is a lot of talented players and money moving to Solar.

Is ... Are.

PKs ... Pens.

220 ... 221 ... whatever it takes Smile

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3769
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 12:53 pm

In all seriousness though Coach, I don't have an answer for ya ... Haven't heard anything at all about an FCD East implosion.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3769
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 12:56 pm

KeeperCommander wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
What standings are you looking at that shows FCD can produce even a good 2nd team?

lol!

FCD #2 teams - 3 placed 8th in ECNL and 4 placed 9th.  Only Sting Austin's dismal performance kept FC Dallas from being the worst club in the Texas Conference.

Wouldn't it be rad if a touch of common sense were to be utilized when throwing out this old, tired drivel.  The results referenced here are from matches primarily between 1st teams (ECNL exclusive clubs) playing against 2nd teams (including those from FCD).  

How 'bout we discuss what the results would look like when the 2nd teams from Sting, D'Feeters, what have you, play the 1st teams from GDA clubs ... cuz that would be even radder Wink

While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs (doesn't take a lawyer to figure this one out).

I'd guess that the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs (and the FDL outside of the Solar and FCD due to their ECNL participation) should make for a more even keel level of comp overall --

That's a beauty BigEgo - wouldn't expect anything less from the defender of all things FC Dallas.

But facing the facts, every FC Dallas team was in the bottom 3 in the ECNL standings.  No other club (aside from Sting Austin) has that honor . . . including the other 2 NTX clubs also sending their 2nd teams to ECNL.

In fact, FC Dallas teams placed behind all other clubs' "2nd teams" with a single exception.

Will you expect them to continue to struggle against the other clubs' 2nd teams as well?

"Facing the facts"  Laughing

I defend all things FCD eh?  May wanna have a look back there partner.

(rather than waste more time putting you back in your box, I'll just ask you to read my response to KC) ...

Really is too bad you don't have any kids still playing tee ball Sir --
Dude please! Stop coloring for 5 minutes and make some sense.

Guessing (hoping actually, if I'm being honest) that this was directed at ole MedMan, right KC?

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3769
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Medicine Man 06/06/18, 12:59 pm

Checkmate! The squirrel got his nut.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Blues Fan 06/06/18, 01:33 pm

That's a beauty BigEgo - wouldn't expect anything less from the defender of all things FC Dallas.

But facing the facts, every FC Dallas team was in the bottom 3 in the ECNL standings.  No other club (aside from Sting Austin) has that honor . . . including the other 2 NTX clubs also sending their 2nd teams to ECNL.

In fact, FC Dallas teams placed behind all other clubs' "2nd teams" with a single exception.

Will you expect them to continue to struggle against the other clubs' 2nd teams as well?[/quote]


Because of course history always remembers 2nd place finishers! Who gives a **Bad Language**? What you need to worry about is some poor client matching up your billed hours against the times of you posting on this forum.
Blues Fan
Blues Fan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 160
Points : 3033
Join date : 2013-09-16

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by RightWingDad 06/06/18, 02:01 pm

Coach wrote:Any word on why the FCD East imploded this week? Because FCD only takes care of their top teams out of Frisco?
That is a lot of talented players and money moving to Solar.

Solar scooping up suburban teams/affiliates. Mutiny, check, DTS South, check, FCD East.... D'Feeters West???
RightWingDad
RightWingDad
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Posts : 641
Points : 4037
Join date : 2012-06-15
Location : Pretty far removed from the touchline now

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by KeeperCommander 06/06/18, 02:24 pm

Big Ern wrote:
KeeperCommander wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
SickofStupidity wrote:

lol!

FCD #2 teams - 3 placed 8th in ECNL and 4 placed 9th.  Only Sting Austin's dismal performance kept FC Dallas from being the worst club in the Texas Conference.

Wouldn't it be rad if a touch of common sense were to be utilized when throwing out this old, tired drivel.  MaybeThe results referenced here are from matches primarily between 1st teams (ECNL exclusive clubs) playing against 2nd teams (including those from FCD).  Correct

How 'bout we discuss what the results would look like when the 2nd teams from Sting, D'Feeters, what have you, play the 1st teams from GDA clubs ... cuz that would be even radder Wink Like comparing a grape to a grapefruit

While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs (doesn't take a lawyer to figure this one out). Maybe a monkey could borrow a couple of your crayons and draw pictures to help illustrate

I'd guess that the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs (and the FDL outside of the Solar and FCD due to their ECNL participation) should make for a more even keel level of comp overall --I don’t see how but sure

That's a beauty BigEgo - wouldn't expect anything less from the defender of all things FC Dallas.

But facing the facts, every FC Dallas team was in the bottom 3 in the ECNL standings.  No other club (aside from Sting Austin) has that honor . . . including the other 2 NTX clubs also sending their 2nd teams to ECNL.

In fact, FC Dallas teams placed behind all other clubs' "2nd teams" with a single exception.

Will you expect them to continue to struggle against the other clubs' 2nd teams as well?

"Facing the facts"  Laughing

I defend all things FCD eh?  May wanna have a look back there partner.

(rather than waste more time putting you back in your box, I'll just ask you to read my response to KC) ...

Really is too bad you don't have any kids still playing tee ball Sir --
Dude please! Stop coloring for 5 minutes and make some sense.

Guessing (hoping actually, if I'm being honest) that this was directed at ole MedMan, right KC?
First, nothing MedMan says, has or ever will make sense.  Ever.  Too many brain cells gone sitting on a barstool next to his buddy Norm.

Second I think you are still coloring...But I will give it a shot.

KeeperCommander
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1666
Points : 4555
Join date : 2013-09-30
Location : Sidelines watching practice

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Big Ern 06/06/18, 02:44 pm

Fun KC!

Based on your responses it looks like you were able to make sense of what I wrote ... Well done dude.

And I'll go ahead and help ya with your "I don't see how, but sure" blurb -- Purty simple stuff really ...

Since the new regional league created by TX ECNL clubs are all 2nd tier teams it should make for a more even keel level of comp overall.  Same goes for FDL outside of Solar and FCD since their 2nd tier is participating in ECNL.  Like I said, easy peasy, common sense stuff Wink

But I can't help ya with your monkey crayon bulsh -- Sorry buddy ... If ya can't make sense of this:

"While I'd expect to see a bit of improvement in the ECNL standings for FCD next year based on additions already made, I still expect that they'll naturally struggle with the ECNL exclusive clubs"

I'm not sure what to tell you.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1201
Points : 3769
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by President Camacho 06/06/18, 02:52 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Coach wrote:Any word on why the FCD East imploded this week? Because FCD only takes care of their top teams out of Frisco?
That is a lot of talented players and money moving to Solar.

Is ... Are.

PKs ... Pens.

220 ... 221 ... whatever it takes Smile
Wow a Mr. Mom reference. Nice BigE!
President Camacho
President Camacho
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 135
Points : 1551
Join date : 2017-10-20

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Medicine Man 06/06/18, 03:23 pm

The real.question is what the club hierarchy will look like in NTX when all the action has subsided. Then we got a clean slate for at least 6 months maybe? We got more leagues coming soon. Uniform business is booming.

__________________________________________________
Pay to play isn't picky if you have cash money! There's always more spots to fill in the ponzi scheme. The layers keep expanding and the facts get skewed.

Watch "Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax (Laser Version)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/rCp2h5jslKY
Medicine Man
Medicine Man
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 936
Points : 2392
Join date : 2017-09-29
Location : Purgatory

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by BENDMEOVER 14/05/19, 08:52 pm

FDL now its DPL. NPL has been resurrected from the dead. Zombieland. What's next?

__________________________________________________
Tp or Bust!
BENDMEOVER
BENDMEOVER
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 504
Points : 1727
Join date : 2018-06-10

Back to top Go down

Rival of FDL - Page 2 Empty Re: Rival of FDL

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum