North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Looking for a new team?Today at 08:24 pmntxsoccerwire
FC Dallas '05G West FDL & ECNL NTX RL (2 teams)Today at 04:10 pmHoneybadger
DKSC 05G - Weir Today at 12:31 pmDKSC05
BVB 06B Premier (Preparing for College Soccer)Today at 12:11 pmSoccerdad107
FC FAST 10B (Powell) looking for playersToday at 10:07 amfcfast10
Renegades SC U15/07G ECNL-RL, NTX TryoutsToday at 10:01 am7WhiskeyPapa
Solar 07/08 Girls East Open SessionsToday at 08:24 amCoachJC
FC Dallas 2011G WestToday at 07:36 amFCD10s
06 Girls Teams - DALLAS OPEN May 28-31, 2021Yesterday at 08:16 pmU90C
Open Tryouts Sessions Solar West 07B MartinezYesterday at 06:02 pmGottalovesoccer
Open Tryouts Sessions Solar West 05B MartinezYesterday at 05:57 pmGottalovesoccer
Sting Royal ECNL - Regional League - U17 Open Try OutsYesterday at 04:08 pmSpence
Sting Royal ECNL - Regional League - U13 Open Try OutsYesterday at 04:00 pmSpence
Sting 08G Bell Open Tryouts (GCL)Yesterday at 03:58 pmCoachBSB
Sting Royal ECNL - Regional League - U16 Open Try Outs 5.18Yesterday at 03:54 pmSpence
SOLAR 05 RICHARDSON/GUERRA GCL D1 OPEN PRACTICES...GK, FWDYesterday at 03:19 pmSolar West 05
Best 05 Girls Coaches Out ThereYesterday at 02:50 pmFriscosoccermom2
Tryouts for Manchester Red - Albion (Lake Highlands)Yesterday at 01:51 pmMcKinneySoccerDad
Solar ELITE 2013-15s Boys TRYOUTSYesterday at 01:09 pmppetropoulos
Sting 2010B - Goldberg Pre Elite Academy TryoutsYesterday at 11:03 amIgold0404
OPEN TRYOUTS - SPARTA FC04 GIRLSYesterday at 09:36 amDamnag90
Sting Black ECRL 08G - TRYOUTS Yesterday at 09:31 amRacerMartin99
BvB 2010G Tryouts Prosper/ Celina - Rain? No problem.13/05/21, 08:31 pmAshlock09
Solar West 2013 Boys Donnelly13/05/21, 06:29 pmSsc03bd
Solar West 03 Boys Donnelly Classic D113/05/21, 06:23 pmSsc03bd
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New to Texas Pixel
Statistics
We have 14846 registered users
The newest registered user is BJM2

Our users have posted a total of 201480 messages in 29938 subjects

New to Texas

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New to Texas Empty New to Texas

Post by sly08807 12/06/18, 02:09 pm

Hi there. My family is moving from NJ to Texas. I have 3 daughters who play soccer. Twins who are 05s. One of them currently plays ECNL (her current club dropped out of DA) and the other one isnt at the DA/ECNL level. I also have a daughter who is 07. She is competitive but not ready for highly competitive. There seems to be so many options and I am lost! Where do I start? Can anyone recommend a club for my daughters? Or even where to start. We will be living in Prosper.

sly08807
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1079
Join date : 2018-06-12

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by BigKickKiddo 12/06/18, 02:25 pm

The unicorn is here..... The Unicorn is here....... calm down everyone, places, places..... Let the craziness begin!!!!

Good luck to everyone out there looking for that last special someone!!
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 86
Points : 1534
Join date : 2017-06-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by ProDallas 12/06/18, 02:41 pm

stacyyolinsky wrote:Hi there. My family is moving from NJ to Texas. I have 3 daughters who play soccer. Twins who are 05s. One of them currently plays ECNL (her current club dropped out of DA) and the other one isnt at the DA/ECNL level. I also have a daughter who is 07. She is competitive but not ready for highly competitive. There seems to be so many options and I am lost! Where do I start? Can anyone recommend a club for my daughters? Or even where to start. We will be living in Prosper.

Welcome to Texas and best of luck on your soccer search. If you read through this board, you will quickly see there are thousands of opinions about the questions you have. Being so far north in the suburbs will actually serve you well in geographic proximity to all the major clubs and practice facilities. My best advice is to try lots of teams and coaches to find a good fit; don't just fixate on one club. I think there are good and bad situations in all of them. But, better get going fast for the fall season...
ProDallas
ProDallas
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 240
Points : 2060
Join date : 2016-10-12
Location : Dallas

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Manchester Soccer Club 12/06/18, 03:57 pm

PM sent
Manchester Soccer Club
Manchester Soccer Club
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 53
Points : 2746
Join date : 2014-02-07

http://www.mansc.com

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Coach Jason 13/06/18, 07:03 am

Good morning Stacy,
First off let me say welcome to Texas and congratulations on a successful transition. My name is Coach Jason and I’m apart of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club. If you could contact I would love to give you more information about our club and the direction we headed into. I believe your daughter would be a perfect fit for our D1 05 team, considering her credentials. Please contact me at 281-704-5001. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Coach Jason
Coach Jason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 120
Points : 2117
Join date : 2016-05-24

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Guest 13/06/18, 09:18 am

Coach Jason wrote:Good morning Stacy,
First off let me say welcome to Texas and congratulations on a successful transition. My name is Coach Jason and I’m apart of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club. If you could contact I would love to give you more information about our club and the direction we headed into. I believe your daughter would be a perfect fit for our D1 05 team, considering her credentials. Please contact me at 281-704-5001. Thanks and have a blessed day.

“Perfect fit” based on your limited description. Wow! My best advice is visit different clubs and practices. You still have time and there will be roster spots available. Don’t be coaxed into making a decision after one practice either. After a few visits, if your daughter is interested in a team, ask the coach where he/she sees her fitting into their roster. Does she look like a starter? Is she the 12th or 13th player in the coaches eyes, or is she 16-18 if the roster is stack ranked. Be up front and honest about what you are looking for in a team and ask the coach direct questions to see if they and the club can provide what you are looking for. You’ll have great options in your area. Good luck and welcome to North Texas Soccer!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by tonycfrisco 13/06/18, 09:25 am

You have time to check out different coaches since signing isn't until July 1st when most teams likely have rosters close to being set. There are many clubs and options in North Texas, so take your time. Happy to answer any specific questions for you as they come up. Welcome to Texas

tonycfrisco
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 1
Points : 1096
Join date : 2018-05-17

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TatonkaBurger 13/06/18, 09:26 am

KickGrass wrote:
Coach Jason wrote:Good morning Stacy,
First off let me say welcome to Texas and congratulations on a successful transition. My name is Coach Jason and I’m apart of the Dallas Texans Soccer Club. If you could contact I would love to give you more information about our club and the direction we headed into. I believe your daughter would be a perfect fit for our D1 05 team, considering her credentials. Please contact me at 281-704-5001. Thanks and have a blessed day.

“Perfect fit” based on your limited description.  Wow!  My best advice is visit different clubs and practices.  You still have time and there will be roster spots available.  Don’t be coaxed into making a decision after one practice either.  After a few visits, if your daughter is interested in a team, ask the coach where he/she sees her fitting into their roster.  Does she look like a starter?  Is she the 12th or 13th player in the coaches eyes, or is she 16-18 if the roster is stack ranked. Be up front and honest about what you are looking for in a team and ask the coach direct questions to see if they and the club can provide what you are looking for.  You’ll have great options in your area.  Good luck and welcome to North Texas Soccer!

I agree with this response 100%.

Shop around. Don't get suckered into anything and keep your options open.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Posts : 1176
Points : 4283
Join date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by FCsoccer1 13/06/18, 09:42 am

I like how this site is so helpful!... here "shop around".   Where?  I see little taste in bashing a coach that is actually welcoming someone.

You best options are below....

https://www.fcdallas.com/youth

https://www.dallastexans.com/

www.solarsoccerclub.com/
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 300
Points : 3898
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Coach Jason 13/06/18, 09:49 am

Good morning all,

Please let me have a moment to clarify “Perfect Fit”.  Our D1 Classic league team will be coached by Carl Bussey who was the former coach of the 05 Texans DA last fall.  Therefore with your daughter having already played DA she will be familiar with the type of learning environment, hence the comment, “Your daughter would be a perfect fit, considering her credentials.” I definitely agree shop around to find the best fit for your family because the Dallas area is very competitive. Again if you have any questions please contact me at 281-704-5001 or Carl Bussey at ‭972-897-2915‬
Coach Jason
Coach Jason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 120
Points : 2117
Join date : 2016-05-24

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by SuperCoach 13/06/18, 09:57 am

Welcome to Texas Stacy. Prosper is a lovely town and great choice by you.

Your daughters sound like great soccer players and all around great kids. I'd like to congratulate you on doing such a fine job raising them.

Because of their ability and your obvious parental skill in raising these fine young ladies, we would like to extend an offer to all 3.

We are the premier soccer club in dfw and offer every league available to play in, we also allow the kids the opportunity to choose their position and how much play time they would like. If you would like to experience club soccer at its best please contact me at your convenience. We cater to Collin county and park cities players because we find these demographics work best for club soccer.

Thanks again and good luck.

SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 202
Points : 2444
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by 05gpennmanager 13/06/18, 10:02 am

Hello.

I am the manager for Fever United 05G. We finished second place in Lake Highlands Division 1. We will be playing regional leagues in Frontier Conference (part of the USYouth regional system) and National Premier Leagues (part of the USClub soccer system). However, as i'm sure you've researched, the area does have multiple DA and ECNL teams. If that is the environment you are looking for then please take a look at them!

A few of them practice in your area (well, sort of. Prosper is out there, a bit... haha). FC Dallas has both DA and ECNL and practice in Frisco. Solar is also out in your area in Allen. Sting and Dallas Texans will be farther for you.

If you are looking for something other than ECNL/DA, Fever United offers both 07 and 05 teams.

please let me know if I can help in your decision in any way.

Regards,
Joe Chang
214-762-5615

05gpennmanager
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 1562
Join date : 2017-05-05

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by SuperCoach 13/06/18, 10:21 am

^^^^
I'd stay away from these guys. I heard they don't have fdl. Give me a call stace. Let's talk about the future.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 202
Points : 2444
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by 05gpennmanager 13/06/18, 10:29 am

VultureVic wrote:^^^^
I'd stay away from these guys. I heard they don't have fdl. Give me a call stace. Let's talk about the future.

lol touche

05gpennmanager
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 62
Points : 1562
Join date : 2017-05-05

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TxFutbal 13/06/18, 10:34 am

FCsoccer1 wrote:I like how this site is so helpful!... here "shop around".   Where?  I see little taste in bashing a coach that is actually welcoming someone.

You best options are below....

https://www.fcdallas.com/youth

https://www.dallastexans.com/

www.solarsoccerclub.com/

There are more and arguably better options than these 3.. Also look at:
1. Liverpool
2. Fever (Depending on your propensity to drive)
3. D'Feeters
4. CityFutsal is going outdoor this year
5. Texas Spirit in the FlowerMound/Denton area is solid.

Don't get sucked into the big 3.. They are more focused on $$$ than what is best for your DD

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 424
Points : 2161
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by BigKickKiddo 13/06/18, 10:50 am

Lets talk about that great Texas Spirit DA/ECNL program.... Ive heard excellent things!!!
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 86
Points : 1534
Join date : 2017-06-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TxFutbal 13/06/18, 11:06 am

DA/ECNL is just another league. At the '05 and younger ages the ECNL kids also routinely play LHGCL. If ECNL/DA is your path at this young an age then Spirit/CitiFutsal/Fever obviously won't be on your list. If ECNL is not that important to you at this age, then there are quite a few Indies that have really good teams in LH and coaches that are truly focused on teaching your DD how to play soccer.

Let the bashers bash.. I am not suggesting one club over another.. Just supporting the Indies and the almost Indies as the best soccer / soccer experience is not always achieved by the big 3. If it were, why is there always a TON of turnover in both coach and player at the big 3?

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 424
Points : 2161
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by SuperCoach 13/06/18, 12:27 pm

^^^^
The big 3 stink at everything except sending you a bill. We are all about quality of life and soccer. FCD-FW. We cost a little more but are well worth it. Give me a call stace and we can discuss it over drinks.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 202
Points : 2444
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by SuperCoach 13/06/18, 01:08 pm

Coach Jason wrote:Good morning all,

Please let me have a moment to clarify “Perfect Fit”.  Our D1 Classic league team will be coached by Carl Bussey who was the former coach of the 05 Texans DA last fall.  Therefore with your daughter having already played DA she will be familiar with the type of learning environment, hence the comment, “Your daughter would be a perfect fit, considering her credentials.” I definitely agree shop around to find the best fit for your family because the Dallas area is very competitive. Again if you have any questions please contact me at 281-704-5001 or Carl Bussey at ‭972-897-2915‬


These guys ^^^^offer 1/2 off for DA and their ecnl program is second to none. Check them out first call me last.
SuperCoach
SuperCoach
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 202
Points : 2444
Join date : 2015-04-30

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by soccertard 13/06/18, 01:16 pm

If you aren't in DA/ECNL/FDL/ECNL2/JDL this year...well then, it's a wasted year.  If you watched the USWNT last night you would have quickly identify the players that didn't come up through that prestigious system.  They just played dump/chase soccer.  Meanwhile the Coerver taught Chinese players are passing like 8-9 times in a row.  MIND BLOWN.

We need world class quality female chess players.

The floor is lava.
soccertard
soccertard
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 311
Points : 1997
Join date : 2016-10-25

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by MurderWasTheCase 13/06/18, 01:19 pm

wow you would think the next AM is heading to town based on all the coach replies. Good Lord!

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 225
Points : 1368
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by FCsoccer1 13/06/18, 01:26 pm

This forum should be helpful, with coaches/manager offering help to all players.   its users like VultureVic think theyre funny.
FCsoccer1
FCsoccer1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 300
Points : 3898
Join date : 2011-08-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Guest 13/06/18, 01:32 pm

The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX. (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos. They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL). Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location. Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons. Know people that have had great experiences with each club. Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Pele98 13/06/18, 02:56 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX.  (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos.  They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL).  Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location.  Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons.  Know people that have had great experiences with each club.  Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.


Brief and to the point.

As for Solar DA/ECNL, I remember reading somewhere here that the 04/05/06 DA/FDL teams will be practicing either in Arlington or Irving.  I don't think Allen was in the mention at all.  All other proper Solar DA and ECNL teams practice at JPII or Greenhill.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 624
Points : 5033
Join date : 2009-05-06
Location : Enjoying soccer........somewhere

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by sly08807 13/06/18, 03:02 pm

Wow. This is a lot of info. Thank you all who provided your thoughts, opinions, info etc. it’s appreciated.

Sent from Topic'it App

sly08807
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Points : 1079
Join date : 2018-06-12

Back to top Go down

New to Texas Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum