Latest topics
Solar 09g Colvin - Looking to add a couple players Today at 06:06 pmNtxsoccerdad1
BVB 04g Puma is currently hosting open practicesToday at 05:30 pmBVB 04g Puma
Dallas Texans 07 Girls Red Dallas (NPL)Today at 05:07 pmlmonty40
Sting 03 Axon - LHGCL D1 Bye & NPL - Train in EULESS! Today at 04:20 pmmaxon
FC Dallas West - Lake Highlands D2Today at 04:14 pmMomOnTheGo
Intrepid 11G Looking for playersToday at 04:12 pmintrepidSA
DKSC 08G Grba LH D1 - South DFWToday at 03:56 pmfratangelo
Dallas Texans 05G ECNL team open trainingsToday at 03:52 pmUT48
Sting Brandt 06 NPLToday at 03:49 pmaerialb12
STING 08 ECRL ROYAL TRYOUTSToday at 03:47 pmsoccerbia0105
Small Clubs / IndependentsToday at 03:40 pmSagen0810
Warriors 02 - LH D1 - looking to add a fewToday at 03:33 pmWarriors03
TX Spirit 06 Bewley looking to add some additional playersToday at 03:20 pmtexasspirit06
TX Spirit 05 Bewley Looking for a few playersToday at 03:15 pm4luvofthegame
TX Spirit 2011 Plano areaToday at 03:13 pmTxSpiritscoccer
Still Looking For The Right Team?Today at 02:43 pmkwilson00
VICTORY 05G BLACK - LAKE HIGHLANDS D2Today at 02:40 pmLovingthegame
Fort Worth Thunder 08 Boys 1-2 playersToday at 02:32 pmjgarcia303030
03 Girls Looking for PlayersToday at 02:24 pmkwilson00
Solar Griffiths 09G West Open PracticesToday at 02:18 pmSolarKeller09g
Open PracticesToday at 01:58 pmTexas Spurs 08G
Frisco Fusion 07 Boys open practicesToday at 01:51 pmBecks33
Frisco Fusion 09 Boys Open PracticesToday at 01:45 pmBecks33
Sting Royal ECNL - Regional League - U16 Open Try OutsToday at 01:38 pmSpence
Sting Brandt 06 NPLToday at 01:37 pmaerialb12
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New to Texas - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14283 registered users
The newest registered user is Mahuffma

Our users have posted a total of 197405 messages in 28288 subjects

New to Texas

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by sly08807 on 13/06/18, 03:02 pm

Wow. This is a lot of info. Thank you all who provided your thoughts, opinions, info etc. it’s appreciated.

Sent from Topic'it App

sly08807
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 4
Join date : 2018-06-12

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Guest on 13/06/18, 03:20 pm

Pele98 wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX.  (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos.  They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL).  Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location.  Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons.  Know people that have had great experiences with each club.  Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.


Brief and to the point.

As for Solar DA/ECNL, I remember reading somewhere here that the 04/05/06 DA/FDL teams will be practicing either in Arlington or Irving.  I don't think Allen was in the mention at all.  All other proper Solar DA and ECNL teams practice at JPII or Greenhill.

Also, Sting probably won't be an option for this year due to location, but keep an eye on them.  They just announced plans (emphasis on plans) to build a new practice/game facility at 380/Lake Forest in McKinney that will be very convenient to Prosper.  Don't know if it will ever actually get built, and/or if Sting will make it their primary location due to uncertainty over the future of their current main location in Richardson, but as I'm sure you know, that area is exploding with residential growth, and a lot of youth soccer talent.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by SickofStupidity on 13/06/18, 03:37 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX.  (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos.  They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL).  Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location.  Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons.  Know people that have had great experiences with each club.  Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.

Don't kid yourself - FC Dallas has plenty of rec teams selling themselves as a step above rec (and charging academy / select prices)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Posts : 931
Points : 3153
Join date : 2014-06-30

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Bodhisattva on 14/06/18, 08:33 am

TxFutbal wrote:DA/ECNL is just another league.  At the '05 and younger ages the ECNL kids also routinely play LHGCL.  If ECNL/DA is your path at this young an age then Spirit/CitiFutsal/Fever obviously won't be on your list.  If ECNL is not that important to you at this age, then there are quite a few Indies that have really good teams in LH and coaches that are truly focused on teaching your DD how to play soccer.

Let the bashers bash..  I am not suggesting one club over another.. Just supporting the Indies and the almost Indies as the best soccer / soccer experience is not always achieved by the big 3.    If it were, why is there always a TON of turnover in both coach and player at the big 3?

"Don't get sucked into the big 3.. They are more focused on $$$ than what is best for your DD"

So are you suggesting other clubs or not? I'm just trying to keep up.

Also, please support TON of turnover because bashing is more effective when facts are provided.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2084
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Bodhisattva on 14/06/18, 08:38 am

TxFutbal wrote:
FCsoccer1 wrote:I like how this site is so helpful!... here "shop around".   Where?  I see little taste in bashing a coach that is actually welcoming someone.

You best options are below....

https://www.fcdallas.com/youth

https://www.dallastexans.com/

www.solarsoccerclub.com/

There are more and arguably better options than these 3..  Also look at:
1.  Liverpool
2.  Fever (Depending on your propensity to drive)
3.  D'Feeters
4.  CityFutsal is going outdoor this year
5.  Texas Spirit in the FlowerMound/Denton area is solid.

Don't get sucked into the big 3.. They are more focused on $$$ than what is best for your DD

Before you consider Independents that might sell SRPL, please consider this link and read the red text:

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/south/southern-regional-premier-league/

Find a good coach and a team where your DD is happy. Try as many as you can.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2084
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TxFutbal on 14/06/18, 09:03 am

Really? The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3. You must not be paying attention. Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc. Answer me this paco. there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today.. The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested. Did they retire? Did they quit? Did all their teams graduate out? If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3. Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball. We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Points : 1805
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Bodhisattva on 14/06/18, 09:25 am

TxFutbal wrote:Really?  The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3.  You must not be paying attention.  Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc.  Answer me this paco.  there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today..  The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested.  Did they retire?  Did they quit?  Did all their teams graduate out?  If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3.  Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball.  We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TONS??

I'm not concerned with the FCD website or coaches, only my DD's coach.

You bash on bigs any chance you get. A solid LFC coach just left for Sting. How's the coaching consistency at Fever these days paco? The coaches that aren't part of the "club" saw the light and moved on because there are no resources. Plain and simple. I'm sure it is a good fit for some, but don't knock the people that want more for their DD. Independents are not equal to Bigs because they do not have options. Period. You must not be paying attention.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2084
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TxFutbal on 14/06/18, 11:04 am

Really? The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3. You must not be paying attention. Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc. Answer me this paco. there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today.. The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested. Did they retire? Did they quit? Did all their teams graduate out? If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3. Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball. We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Points : 1805
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Zizou on 14/06/18, 11:21 am

Coaches movement is ramped across all levels. All them looking to move up the ladder. Do look a little closer at the bigs and notice their top coaches have remained pretty consistent for the last 10 years.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Posts : 2433
Points : 4937
Join date : 2013-11-09

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Bodhisattva on 14/06/18, 04:40 pm

Zizou wrote:Coaches movement is ramped across all levels. All them looking to move up the ladder. Do look a little closer at the bigs and notice their top coaches have remained pretty consistent for the last 10 years.

Agree

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2084
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by ColtMcVince on 14/06/18, 05:31 pm

My guess is this family from New Jersey has turned the van around and is headed back after reading all the ridiculousness on this thread.

Welcome to north Texas soccer!!

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2749
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by MurderWasTheCase on 14/06/18, 06:17 pm

Hopefully republicans from New Jersey, if not, yes please turn around the van.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 226
Points : 1020
Join date : 2018-05-19

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Bodhisattva on 15/06/18, 08:17 am

ColtMcVince wrote:My guess is this family from New Jersey has turned the van around and is headed back after reading all the ridiculousness on this thread.  

Welcome to north Texas soccer!!

To think that ridiculousness only exists on this thread and only in NTX, is ridiculous.

__________________________________________________
Fear causes hesitation, and hesitation will cause your worst fears to come true.
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 363
Points : 2084
Join date : 2015-10-06
Location : Los Angeles, CA

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by ColtMcVince on 15/06/18, 08:28 am

Ah, Very wise of you Bod, but alas, I did not say that nor do I think that. Lots of ridiculousness to be found, just more prevelant here.


ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 171
Points : 2749
Join date : 2013-05-13

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by BigKickKiddo on 15/06/18, 09:17 am

I love that every single one of these posts from someone new moving to the area devolves into a rabbit hole of idiocy. Truly hilarious....... Honey, maybe we should look at volleyball instead hahahahahaha
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 86
Points : 1185
Join date : 2017-06-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by TxFutbal on 15/06/18, 11:26 am


TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 417
Points : 1805
Join date : 2016-09-11

Back to top Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum