North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

New to Texas - Page 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

New to Texas

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New to Texas - Page 2 Empty Re: New to Texas

Post by sly08807 13/06/18, 03:02 pm

Wow. This is a lot of info. Thank you all who provided your thoughts, opinions, info etc. it’s appreciated.

Sent from Topic'it App

sly08807
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13/06/18, 03:20 pm

Pele98 wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX.  (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos.  They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL).  Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location.  Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons.  Know people that have had great experiences with each club.  Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.

Brief and to the point.

As for Solar DA/ECNL, I remember reading somewhere here that the 04/05/06 DA/FDL teams will be practicing either in Arlington or Irving.  I don't think Allen was in the mention at all.  All other proper Solar DA and ECNL teams practice at JPII or Greenhill.

Also, Sting probably won't be an option for this year due to location, but keep an eye on them.  They just announced plans (emphasis on plans) to build a new practice/game facility at 380/Lake Forest in McKinney that will be very convenient to Prosper.  Don't know if it will ever actually get built, and/or if Sting will make it their primary location due to uncertainty over the future of their current main location in Richardson, but as I'm sure you know, that area is exploding with residential growth, and a lot of youth soccer talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 13/06/18, 03:37 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:The family is from NJ.  The kids are probably way too small and way too skilled to play for any teams in NTX.  (Just kidding Stacy.)

If you will be in Prosper, FC Dallas will be your best bet for "one stop shopping" for all 3 kiddos.  They will have teams that span all levels from DA/ECNL down to a half-step above rec, with their main practice facility located in Frisco, within 20 minutes of Prosper (depending on exact location, traffic, time of day).

The other DA/ECNL options are Solar (DA & ECNL), Texans (DA), D'Feeters (ECNL), and Sting (ECNL).  Solar has a practice facility at 121/Stacy in Allen that wouldn't be a bad commute from Prosper, but not sure if any of their DA/ECNL teams practice out of that location.  Texans/D'Feeters/Sting will all be at least 30-40 minutes from Prosper to get to the locations where the main DA/ECNL teams will practice.

All 5 of those clubs have pros and cons.  Know people that have had great experiences with each club.  Know people that have had horrible experiences with each club.

Several of the smaller clubs mentioned (Fever, Liverpool, Tx. Spirit) have good programs as well, but are a bit more hit-and-miss across the age groups, and don't offer access to DA or ECNL at this time.

Good luck with your search.

Don't kid yourself - FC Dallas has plenty of rec teams selling themselves as a step above rec (and charging academy / select prices)

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 14/06/18, 08:33 am

TxFutbal wrote:DA/ECNL is just another league.  At the '05 and younger ages the ECNL kids also routinely play LHGCL.  If ECNL/DA is your path at this young an age then Spirit/CitiFutsal/Fever obviously won't be on your list.  If ECNL is not that important to you at this age, then there are quite a few Indies that have really good teams in LH and coaches that are truly focused on teaching your DD how to play soccer.

Let the bashers bash..  I am not suggesting one club over another.. Just supporting the Indies and the almost Indies as the best soccer / soccer experience is not always achieved by the big 3.    If it were, why is there always a TON of turnover in both coach and player at the big 3?

"Don't get sucked into the big 3.. They are more focused on $$$ than what is best for your DD"

So are you suggesting other clubs or not? I'm just trying to keep up.

Also, please support TON of turnover because bashing is more effective when facts are provided.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 14/06/18, 08:38 am

TxFutbal wrote:
FCsoccer1 wrote:I like how this site is so helpful!... here "shop around".   Where?  I see little taste in bashing a coach that is actually welcoming someone.

You best options are below....

https://www.fcdallas.com/youth

https://www.dallastexans.com/

www.solarsoccerclub.com/

There are more and arguably better options than these 3..  Also look at:
1.  Liverpool
2.  Fever (Depending on your propensity to drive)
3.  D'Feeters
4.  CityFutsal is going outdoor this year
5.  Texas Spirit in the FlowerMound/Denton area is solid.

Don't get sucked into the big 3.. They are more focused on $$$ than what is best for your DD

Before you consider Independents that might sell SRPL, please consider this link and read the red text:

https://www.usyouthsoccer.org/south/southern-regional-premier-league/

Find a good coach and a team where your DD is happy. Try as many as you can.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/06/18, 09:03 am

Really? The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3. You must not be paying attention. Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc. Answer me this paco. there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today.. The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested. Did they retire? Did they quit? Did all their teams graduate out? If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3. Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball. We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 14/06/18, 09:25 am

TxFutbal wrote:Really?  The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3.  You must not be paying attention.  Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc.  Answer me this paco.  there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today..  The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested.  Did they retire?  Did they quit?  Did all their teams graduate out?  If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3.  Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball.  We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TONS??

I'm not concerned with the FCD website or coaches, only my DD's coach.

You bash on bigs any chance you get. A solid LFC coach just left for Sting. How's the coaching consistency at Fever these days paco? The coaches that aren't part of the "club" saw the light and moved on because there are no resources. Plain and simple. I'm sure it is a good fit for some, but don't knock the people that want more for their DD. Independents are not equal to Bigs because they do not have options. Period. You must not be paying attention.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 14/06/18, 11:04 am

Really? The boards are full of coaching/team changes between the big 3. You must not be paying attention. Sting teams moving to Solar, Texans Teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Texans, FC teams moving to Solar, Solar teams moving to Feet, etc. Answer me this paco. there are a ton of coaches that are mysteriously missing from the FC Dallas website today.. The only reason I know this is I was looking up a coach number for a skills opportunity a parent suggested. Did they retire? Did they quit? Did all their teams graduate out? If not, where did they go?

Not bashing.. just saying there are equally as good options as the big 3. Heck.. my oldest DD played for one of the big 3 before she moved to vball. We had a pleasant experience and really enjoyed the coach (who by the way is still at said big 3).

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Zizou 14/06/18, 11:21 am

Coaches movement is ramped across all levels. All them looking to move up the ladder. Do look a little closer at the bigs and notice their top coaches have remained pretty consistent for the last 10 years.

Zizou
TxSoccer Spammer
TxSoccer Spammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 14/06/18, 04:40 pm

Zizou wrote:Coaches movement is ramped across all levels. All them looking to move up the ladder. Do look a little closer at the bigs and notice their top coaches have remained pretty consistent for the last 10 years.

Agree

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 14/06/18, 05:31 pm

My guess is this family from New Jersey has turned the van around and is headed back after reading all the ridiculousness on this thread.

Welcome to north Texas soccer!!

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by MurderWasTheCase 14/06/18, 06:17 pm

Hopefully republicans from New Jersey, if not, yes please turn around the van.

MurderWasTheCase
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bodhisattva 15/06/18, 08:17 am

ColtMcVince wrote:My guess is this family from New Jersey has turned the van around and is headed back after reading all the ridiculousness on this thread.  

Welcome to north Texas soccer!!

To think that ridiculousness only exists on this thread and only in NTX, is ridiculous.

TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ColtMcVince 15/06/18, 08:28 am

Ah, Very wise of you Bod, but alas, I did not say that nor do I think that. Lots of ridiculousness to be found, just more prevelant here.

ColtMcVince
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 15/06/18, 09:17 am

I love that every single one of these posts from someone new moving to the area devolves into a rabbit hole of idiocy. Truly hilarious....... Honey, maybe we should look at volleyball instead hahahahahaha
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 15/06/18, 11:26 am

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down