North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

surf cup Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

surf cup

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

surf cup Empty surf cup

Post by lulu22 25/07/18, 03:20 pm

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=65149&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Any predictions?

lulu22
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

surf cup Empty Re: surf cup

Post by TxFutbal 25/07/18, 03:37 pm

A team from Cali (maybe even my old neighborhood) will win gold. Where is everyone from Dallas staying? Anyone staying at the beach resorts? The ocean breeze will do some of the hyped up and wound up parents some good..

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 25/07/18, 03:46 pm

Going with DT..Solar to win gold. Laughing

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 27/07/18, 09:27 am

lulu22 wrote:
http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=65149&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Any predictions?

Going with Solar DA (former DTS-05) to win it all in the top Gold level.

Why is Sting 05 ECNL playing three levels down?  Not much confidence?
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 27/07/18, 09:40 am

Pele98 wrote:
lulu22 wrote:

Any predictions?

Going with Solar DA (former DTS-05) to win it all in the top Gold level.

Why is Sting 05 ECNL playing three levels down?  Not much confidence?

Throwing shots early in the morning?

Sting is playing SuperBlack... highest available since not DA. Go troll elsewhere.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 07/08/18, 09:23 am

lulu22 wrote:

Any predictions?

Okay, I didn't see that coming.  That was a thumping.  Shocked Shocked  
From what I heard is that one team showed up and played as a team, and the other just showed up with a collection of individuals.
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by yank 07/08/18, 02:26 pm

Maybe they just had a tough game and the other team was clicking. Whatever the reason they can be proud of their body of work, and go into the season with confidence that they are one of the better teams in the country(if not the best) and continue to get better and grow their game. ISH happens.

yank
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 08/08/18, 08:33 am

Getting to the age when boot and run beats a lot of teams but cannot beat the good teams.  This will be an interesting season to see how that plays out.
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TxFutbal 08/08/18, 08:59 am

I go to the islands for 10 days to learn first hand why pirates never ruled the world and come back to interesting developments in soccer land.

My hometown cali team did about as well as our NTX girls. Tough weekend for a lot of teams that may feel a little entitled that they should have won it all.

Rum is the reason fellas..

TxFutbal
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/08/18, 11:14 am

TxFutbal wrote:I go to the islands for 10 days to learn first hand why pirates never ruled the world and come back to interesting developments in soccer land.  

My hometown cali team did about as well as our NTX girls.  Tough weekend for a lot of teams that may feel a little entitled that they should have won it all.  

Well said Futbal --

And couldn't agree any more with this TBurger ... "Getting to the age when boot and run beats a lot of teams but cannot beat the good teams.  This will be an interesting season to see how that plays out." --

Haven't the majority of those 05 Solar DA kids been with the same coach for the majority of their competitive soccer lives?  In my opinion (if that is the case), that will play out as a hindrance over the coming year for each of them when it comes to progression of IQ and overall development ... time to cut the cord at this point isn't it?  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even win their own division, let alone anything on a national level.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 08/08/18, 12:55 pm

Big Ern wrote:
TxFutbal wrote:I go to the islands for 10 days to learn first hand why pirates never ruled the world and come back to interesting developments in soccer land.  

My hometown cali team did about as well as our NTX girls.  Tough weekend for a lot of teams that may feel a little entitled that they should have won it all.  

Well said Futbal --

And couldn't agree any more with this TBurger ... "Getting to the age when boot and run beats a lot of teams but cannot beat the good teams.  This will be an interesting season to see how that plays out." --

Haven't the majority of those 05 Solar DA kids been with the same coach for the majority of their competitive soccer lives?  In my opinion (if that is the case), that will play out as a hindrance over the coming year for each of them when it comes to progression of IQ and overall development ... time to cut the cord at this point isn't it?  I wouldn't be surprised if they don't even win their own division, let alone anything on a national level.

Super good analysis Big Guy! 05 Solar DA was the only North Texas girls team to make the finals out of the almost 20 some odd teams from North Texas that competed. They went 3-0-0 in the top DA pool with a 10 goal differential, and they lost to one of the top teams in the country in the finals. I see your point, they should immediately declare the season a failure.

The 06 Sting Black team finished a distant third in their pool, and they have been with their coach for at least 3-4 years. Please share your dire predictions for them? lol!

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 08/08/18, 01:46 pm

CardinalRule wrote:

The 06 Sting Black team finished a distant third in their pool, and they have been with their coach for at least 3-4 years.  Please share your dire predictions for them?  lol!

Was that really the SB team we all know and love, or did 1 important piece move on and some playing 05?

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/08/18, 01:48 pm

CardinalRule wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

Super good analysis Big Guy!  05 Solar DA was the only North Texas girls team to make the finals out of the almost 20 some odd teams from North Texas that competed.  They went 3-0-0 in the top DA pool with a 10 goal differential, and they lost to one of the top teams in the country in the finals.  I see your point, they should immediately declare the season a failure.    

The 06 Sting Black team finished a distant third in their pool, and they have been with their coach for at least 3-4 years.  Please share your dire predictions for them?  lol!

Afternoon Cardinal --

Ya couldn't make it any more obvi that you completely misconstrued my "point" ... but heck, that's pretty much par for the course here isn't it Sir?

To be honest, I haven't seen that Sting Black team play in a couple years -- a bit young for my wheelhouse.  Didn't they lose a few key players this year?  

And yes ... even ole AG would agree with my contention that the same coach's voice over too many consecutive seasons during a player's most formative years can be detrimental ...

but what do we know?   Shocked  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 08/08/18, 02:36 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

Not the same coach anymore though right?
I wouldn't bet against them winning their division either.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/08/18, 03:07 pm

PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

That's what I've been told just an hour or so ago 2FEET --

Gabe-Sal, Sal-Gabe, Finkle-Einhorn ...

I always get the Bros mixed up and if we're all being honest with ourselves, that isn't tough to do in any regard.

Anyway ... good for them and agreed -- I wouldn't be surprised if they won the division either.  Just don't think they're the '05 juggernaut that they have been in the past.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 08/08/18, 03:23 pm

Big Ern wrote:
PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

Gabe-Sal, Sal-Gabe, Finkle-Einhorn ... lol!

I always get the Bros mixed up and if we're all being honest with ourselves, that isn't tough to do in any regard.

Anyway ... good for them and agreed -- I wouldn't be surprised if they won the division either.  Just don't think they're the '05 juggernaut that they have been in the past.
Finkle, now that's funny!!
I agree they may not be as dominant as before, but don't be surprised to see the Solar machine throw some big name coaches out there to help out either.

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pele98 08/08/18, 04:17 pm

Big Ern wrote:
PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

Make no mistake, this team is still a shoulder and neck above most, if not all, 05G NTX teams as well as lots of teams in the National.  It will be a while before any team can seriously catch up and challenge them.

I do agree that GA and SA have pretty much the same coaching philosophy, and you can tell that by the way their 08, 07, 06, 05, 04 Boys or Girls teams play.  So yes, may be after a while that philosophy may get stale.  Solar has a lot of capable, high level coaches who can easily step in and change course.  Well, so did Texans I guess.

The question will be; how many of current GA/SA players will be ready to adopt and change with the new coaching within the Club?
Pele98
Pele98
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Treinador3 08/08/18, 04:32 pm

Pele98 wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
PLAY2FEET!! wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Well said Futbal --

Make no mistake, this team is still a shoulder and neck above most, if not all, 05G NTX teams as well as lots of teams in the National.  It will be a while before any team can seriously catch up and challenge them.

I do agree that GA and SA have pretty much the same coaching philosophy, and you can tell that by the way their 08, 07, 06, 05, 04 Boys or Girls teams play.  So yes, may be after a while that philosophy may get stale.  Solar has a lot of capable, high level coaches who can easily step in and change course.  Well, so did Texans I guess.

The question will be; how many of current GA/SA players will be ready to adopt and change with the new coaching within the Club?

Only seen 1 of those teams play. What is the philosophy?

Treinador3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 08/08/18, 05:12 pm

C'mon now BigE, you jumped into this thread to take a swipe at the Solar 05 team. Don't play the "I've been taken out of context" card. If you don't like the Adames brothers and/or Solar South, don't run from it.

That 05 team has been the class of the 05 age in NTX since qualifying. Heck, they have made most of the 04 teams they played look silly.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 08/08/18, 09:09 pm

CardinalRule wrote:C'mon now BigE, you jumped into this thread to take a swipe at the Solar 05 team.  Don't play the "I've been taken out of context" card.  If you don't like the Adames brothers and/or Solar South, don't run from it.

That 05 team has been the class of the 05 age in NTX since qualifying.  Heck, they have made most of the 04 teams they played look silly.  

Dude.  Really?  'Swipes' and 'cards'?  Might as well go with phone calls and footlockers.  Feeble.

By now you all know I don't have much respect for the Bros -- been sharing that here for the past 5 or so ... Sooo ... how bout ya show me where I'm 'running from it' (or have ever run from anything on this forum for that matter).

And c'mon now Son ... What do ya think I would have to gain in taking a "swipe at the Solar '05" kids?  I have good friends there and used to coach for 'em for pete's sake.  All I did was simply share my opinion that they aren't as strong as they have been in the past and that I don't expect them to improve much under the current regime -- a sentiment shared by more than you all think, it appears.

And I'm sure that in the past they have made a few poor '04 teams look silly, but what elite team playing up a year wouldn't have?  Obviously (based on each of my entries in this thread) I'm not arguing that they aren't a great group of athletes ... Just that they may not even be a top 5 team in the nation in the upcoming year.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Griffins BFF 08/08/18, 09:44 pm

I think its safe to assume this is the best team in the area, no one else has really played with the '18-'19 roster. Any idea who will be the top teams this year??? I'm sure all the movement and new league shook up some teams, coaches, parents, etc....

Brian Griffins BFF
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 08/08/18, 11:23 pm

Big Ern wrote:
CardinalRule wrote:C'mon now BigE, you jumped into this thread to take a swipe at the Solar 05 team.  Don't play the "I've been taken out of context" card.  If you don't like the Adames brothers and/or Solar South, don't run from it.

That 05 team has been the class of the 05 age in NTX since qualifying.  Heck, they have made most of the 04 teams they played look silly.  

Dude.  Really?  'Swipes' and 'cards'?  Might as well go with phone calls and footlockers.  Feeble.

By now you all know I don't have much respect for the Bros -- been sharing that here for the past 5 or so ... Sooo ... how bout ya show me where I'm 'running from it' (or have ever run from anything on this forum for that matter).

And c'mon now Son ... What do ya think I would have to gain in taking a "swipe at the Solar '05" kids?  I have good friends there and used to coach for 'em for pete's sake.  All I did was simply share my opinion that they aren't as strong as they have been in the past and that I don't expect them to improve much under the current regime -- a sentiment shared by more than you all think, it appears.

And I'm sure that in the past they have made a few poor '04 teams look silly, but what elite team playing up a year wouldn't have?  Obviously (based on each of my entries in this thread) I'm not arguing that they aren't a great group of athletes ... Just that they may not even be a top 5 team in the nation in the upcoming year.

By now you all know I don't have much respect for the Bros 

Damn!!! I didn’t expect you to keep it that real E!!
lol! lol!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 09/08/18, 09:24 am

Poor 04 teams? They won State Cup at the U13 age when they were U12. That included wins against the current d'feeters ECNL squad and a couple strong FCD teams. Calling them out one month into the DA season is just a tad premature.

I guess you didn't run from the "Bro's" comment. Fair enough. I don't agree with your assessment, but that's your opinion.

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TatonkaBurger 09/08/18, 11:24 am

I started this but appreciate that Big Ern has taken the spot at the bottom of the dogpile.  But he and I feel the same way.  Let's see how it plays out.  Good luck all!
TatonkaBurger
TatonkaBurger
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 09/08/18, 11:28 am

Adames’s...either you love them in a cult type of way or hate em in a “why are they still around” type way.
And some just like winning....then after the winning stops you turn into the “why are they still around?!” type.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next