North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Tired of being slow on the soccer field? Get lightning fast 24/04/24, 08:38 pmJumpman
09 Boys Team Rockwall area22/04/24, 06:00 pmsocroc
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

ECNL 2 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15805 registered users
The newest registered user is markschmidt4

Our users have posted a total of 205176 messages in 31964 subjects

ECNL 2

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ECNL 2 Empty ECNL 2

Post by Yo 01/08/18, 06:36 pm

So where is this new ECNL 2 league? Does it have a name?

Yo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

ECNL 2 Empty Re: ECNL 2

Post by Guest 01/08/18, 09:34 pm

Those who need to know, know. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by SickofStupidity 02/08/18, 07:00 am

Except, they don't.  Evil or Very Mad

SickofStupidity
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BigKickKiddo 02/08/18, 07:50 am

You obviously havent paid your team dues...
BigKickKiddo
BigKickKiddo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 02/08/18, 09:05 am

SickofStupidity wrote:Except, they don't.  Evil or Very Mad

If they don't, then they never needed to know if the first place. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lefty 02/08/18, 10:03 am

If your DD is worthy of being included she will be notified.

Lefty
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Hang1053 02/08/18, 11:23 am

First Rule of ECNL 2 is:

Hang1053
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjack 02/08/18, 02:34 pm

Aren't ecnl2 and fdl the same thing?
soccerjack
soccerjack
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jogobonito06 02/08/18, 02:44 pm

More like the Hatfield's and McCoy's.
jogobonito06
jogobonito06
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup 03/08/18, 01:08 pm

Calling a league ECNL2 is like calling your team XYZ.... ECNL/Composite. ECNL has absolutely nothing to do with composite, but clubs push it because it sounds better to say "ENCL/Composite." They say that the two teams train together and play at the same fields... Why would ECNL share exposure that the teams get to a lesser, competing league? Just like DA doesn't mingle with ECNL.

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerGK4life 14/08/18, 08:35 am

ECNL 2 is called ECRL, Elite Clubs Regional League.

Schedules will be posted on the ECNL site when they make the changes.

SoccerGK4life
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup 14/08/18, 06:53 pm

RichAggie wrote:ECNL 2 is called ECRL, Elite Clubs Regional League.

Are you talking about this...

http://www.challengesoccer.com/challenge-launches-new-regional-league-with-six-other-ecnl-clubs

I find it odd that ECNL has it nowhere on their site.  You'd think this new league would be advertised/promoted by ECNL.  I see where some teams are including the ECRL in their team name on GotSoccer, but I believe it is only the ‘All In’ ECNL clubs from the Texas ECNL Conference: Albion Hurricanes, Challenge Soccer Club, Classics Elite, D’Feeters Soccer Club, Sting-Dallas Soccer Club, Sting-Austin, and TSC Hurricanes. If there truly is an ECRL I wouldn't be surprised...mo money, mo money, mo money!

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14/08/18, 08:11 pm

mixitup wrote:

http://www.challengesoccer.com/challenge-launches-new-regional-league-with-six-other-ecnl-clubs

I find it odd that ECNL has it nowhere on their site.  You'd think this new league would be advertised/promoted by ECNL.  I see where some teams are including the ECRL in their team name on GotSoccer, but I believe it is only the ‘All In’ ECNL clubs from the Texas ECNL Conference: Albion Hurricanes, Challenge Soccer Club, Classics Elite, D’Feeters Soccer Club, Sting-Dallas Soccer Club, Sting-Austin, and TSC Hurricanes. If there truly is an ECRL I wouldn't be surprised...mo money, mo money, mo money!

You sound like you’re afraid that someone’s going to claim that their DD’s ECRL team is better than your DD’s FDL team and win the day at the water cooler. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 15/08/18, 08:19 am

Lots of leagues and tons of teams now. That's what I see.theres plenty of place to play for the right price to pay. Lots of window shopping.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup 15/08/18, 05:44 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

You sound like you’re afraid that someone’s going to claim that their DD’s ECRL team is better than your DD’s FDL team and win the day at the water cooler. Rolling Eyes
Not sure how you came to that opinion, but like bungholes, everyone has one and you're entitled to yours. My DD doesn't play FDL. I just don't care for all of the false advertising the clubs dish out. Call it what it is and don't try to associate one league with another in hopes of it appearing to be more competitive.

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/08/18, 06:11 pm

mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Not sure how you came to that opinion, but like bungholes, everyone has one and you're entitled to yours.  My DD doesn't play FDL.  I just don't care for all of the false advertising the clubs dish out.  Call it what it is and don't try to associate one league with another in hopes of it appearing to be more competitive.  

Why do you care?

Did you get duped by it? Have friends that got duped by it? If so, "Caveat Emptor" my friend. Do your homework. Takes about 15 minutes to figure out what these leagues really are, if you have any kind of a clue. If someone is dropping $3k+ a year on soccer for their kid and doesn't take the time to educate themselves on their decision, there's no sympathy here.

Did your team lose players to an ECRL or FDL team because the player or parents went name hunting? If so, good riddance to them. They aren't the ones you want on your team.

Otherwise, you just sound P.O.'d because someone in your friend or work circle is dropping initials that sound better to the rest of the sheep herd, than the ones you can drop.

Back to top Go down

Post by mixitup 15/08/18, 06:43 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Not sure how you came to that opinion, but like bungholes, everyone has one and you're entitled to yours.  My DD doesn't play FDL.  I just don't care for all of the false advertising the clubs dish out.  Call it what it is and don't try to associate one league with another in hopes of it appearing to be more competitive.  

Why do you care?  

Did you get duped by it?  Have friends that got duped by it?  If so, "Caveat Emptor" my friend.  Do your homework.  Takes about 15 minutes to figure out what these leagues really are, if you have any kind of a clue.  If someone is dropping $3k+ a year on soccer for their kid and doesn't take the time to educate themselves on their decision, there's no sympathy here.

Did your team lose players to an ECRL or FDL team because the player or parents went name hunting?  If so, good riddance to them.  They aren't the ones you want on your team.

Otherwise, you just sound P.O.'d because someone in your friend or work circle is dropping initials that sound better to the rest of the sheep herd, than the ones you can drop.
Point taken. No, not been duped...I just can't understand why parents buy into the concept that a club or group of clubs can create a league and call it whatever they want. You're right in the sense that it doesn't affect me or my DD and I should just leave well enough alone. My OCD, i suppose.

mixitup
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15/08/18, 08:51 pm

mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Why do you care?  

Did you get duped by it?  Have friends that got duped by it?  If so, "Caveat Emptor" my friend.  Do your homework.  Takes about 15 minutes to figure out what these leagues really are, if you have any kind of a clue.  If someone is dropping $3k+ a year on soccer for their kid and doesn't take the time to educate themselves on their decision, there's no sympathy here.

Did your team lose players to an ECRL or FDL team because the player or parents went name hunting?  If so, good riddance to them.  They aren't the ones you want on your team.

Point taken.  No, not been duped...I just can't understand why parents buy into the concept that a club or group of clubs can create a league and call it whatever they want.  You're right in the sense that it doesn't affect me or my DD and I should just leave well enough alone.  My OCD, i suppose.  

Parents will figure things out eventually.

Right now, ECRL and FDL are nothing more than re-branding of TCL. The key to the survival of ECRL and FDL will be if they can deliver increased recruiting exposure that will justify the extra expenditure for regional travel for league play. This might happen if ECRL and FDL make good on their promise of playing their matches on the same days, and at the same venues as the ECNL or DA matches, and you can actually get some college coach traffic at those matches. TCL was never able to deliver on that promise. The competition level in ECRL or FDL is going to be no better than what those teams could get if they all stayed and played in LHGCL D1. So if they aren't going to get additional college coach traffic at league matches, they'd be better off staying in LHGCL and playing in the better regional showcases (Texas Cup, Lonestar, FC Dallas, DIGC, etc.).

The money grab argument is complete BS. The clubs don't make any more money off an ECRL or FDL team than they do if those teams played in LHGCL. The only difference in cost to the parents is the additional travel cost associated with traveling for league play. Before ECRL or FDL or even TCL, many of those teams would have been playing in SRPL anyways, and had similar travel costs.

The smart parents will realize if ECRL or FDL isn't providing value, and will migrate back to LHGCL, spread the word, and those leagues will fade away like TCL did.

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 15/08/18, 09:08 pm

Just like any war or battle we forget history. The odds are not favorable. I have not seen one single league fold. When I say league I mean revenue stream.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 15/08/18, 10:42 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Why do you care?  

Point taken.  No, not been duped...I just can't understand why parents buy into the concept that a club or group of clubs can create a league and call it whatever they want.  You're right in the sense that it doesn't affect me or my DD and I should just leave well enough alone.  My OCD, i suppose.  

Right now, ECRL and FDL are nothing more than re-branding of TCL.  The key to the survival of ECRL and FDL will be if they can deliver increased recruiting exposure that will justify the extra expenditure for regional travel for league play.  This might happen if ECRL and FDL make good on their promise of playing their matches on the same days, and at the same venues as the ECNL or DA matches, and you can actually get some college coach traffic at those matches.  TCL was never able to deliver on that promise.  The competition level in ECRL or FDL is going to be no better than what those teams could get if they all stayed and played in LHGCL D1.  So if they aren't going to get additional college coach traffic at league matches, they'd be better off staying in LHGCL and playing in the better regional showcases (Texas Cup, Lonestar, FC Dallas, DIGC, etc.).

The money grab argument is complete BS.  The clubs don't make any more money off an ECRL or FDL team than they do if those teams played in LHGCL.  The only difference in cost to the parents is the additional travel cost associated with traveling for league play.  Before ECRL or FDL or even TCL, many of those teams would have been playing in SRPL anyways, and had similar travel costs.

The smart parents will realize if ECRL or FDL isn't providing value, and will migrate back to LHGCL, spread the word, and those leagues will fade away like TCL did.

Ummmmm yeah....that delta always gets me all hot and bothered when he takes control and tells it like it is.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 15/08/18, 11:50 pm

DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:

Why do you care?  

Right now, ECRL and FDL are nothing more than re-branding of TCL.  The key to the survival of ECRL and FDL will be if they can deliver increased recruiting exposure that will justify the extra expenditure for regional travel for league play.  This might happen if ECRL and FDL make good on their promise of playing their matches on the same days, and at the same venues as the ECNL or DA matches, and you can actually get some college coach traffic at those matches.  TCL was never able to deliver on that promise.  The competition level in ECRL or FDL is going to be no better than what those teams could get if they all stayed and played in LHGCL D1.  So if they aren't going to get additional college coach traffic at league matches, they'd be better off staying in LHGCL and playing in the better regional showcases (Texas Cup, Lonestar, FC Dallas, DIGC, etc.).

The money grab argument is complete BS.  The clubs don't make any more money off an ECRL or FDL team than they do if those teams played in LHGCL.  The only difference in cost to the parents is the additional travel cost associated with traveling for league play.  Before ECRL or FDL or even TCL, many of those teams would have been playing in SRPL anyways, and had similar travel costs.

Speaking of smart parents ^ ... Thanks again DTX -- especially for this.  Been spittin' those lyrics for years, but still, somehow, can't seem to butter foxy's muffin I love you ... I dunno, maybe I should get rid of the stache?

Anyway ... I couldn't agree more regarding your FDL/ECRL 'survival/demise' theory but do have one question ...

How many college coaches have you seen out scouting at Texas Cup, FC Dallas, DIGC?  I've been to all three over the past few years and have seen a rather meager handful maybe 6 or 7 at all of 'em combined ... Whereas, I've seen a dozen+ attend a single evening of GDA training sessions on more than one occasion, let alone the numbers of them at matches and Showcases -- Should lend itself well to the health of FDL (and ECRL for that matter) if they are indeed able to align match scheduling.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/08/18, 05:24 am

I vote more leagues. Theres plenty of cash to go around. ECNL Jr Cheeseburger and FDL super sized fries w lots of ketchup please.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 16/08/18, 08:17 am

Big Ern wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:
mixitup wrote:
DeltaTauChi wrote:

Why do you care?  

Speaking of smart parents ^ ... Thanks again DTX -- especially for this.  Been spittin' those lyrics for years, but still, somehow, can't seem to butter foxy's muffin I love you ... I dunno, maybe I should get rid of the stache?

Anyway ... I couldn't agree more regarding your FDL/ECRL 'survival/demise' theory but do have one question ...

How many college coaches have you seen out scouting at Texas Cup, FC Dallas, DIGC?  I've been to all three over the past few years and have seen a rather meager handful maybe 6 or 7 at all of 'em combined ... Whereas, I've seen a dozen+ attend a single evening of GDA training sessions on more than one occasion, let alone the numbers of them at matches and Showcases -- Should lend itself well to the health of FDL (and ECRL for that matter) if they are indeed able to align match scheduling.

Uggggh. It's like someone just hit me with a firehouse of cold pond water. Leave it to E to kill the moment.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 16/08/18, 08:57 am

We need more leagues that will make it all better.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16/08/18, 09:04 am

Big Ern wrote:

BigE - My experience is apparently completely different from yours. My kiddo played TCL her U16 (Sophomore) year. Never saw a college coach at a TCL game. That year they also played in Texas Cup, Lonestar Showcase, FC Dallas Showcase, and DIGC. While it wasn't near the attendance you see at an ECNL or DA showcase, we had multiple college coaches at just about every game we played. I would say we averaged 4-5 per game over all of the showcases. Lonestar was the best, with at least 10 coaches at each game. The school my DD committed to first saw her play at Lonestar, and the head coach came out to watch her play at DIGC.

Now, you won't see many Power 5 conference coaches at these showcases, but you will see a lot of smaller D1, D2, & D3 coaches at those showcases, but keeping it real, that's the recruiting wheelhouse for the Non-DA, Non-ECNL kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next