North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 5 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 5 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by LiverpoolDad 30/09/18, 01:30 am

Seed wrote:Y'all are exactly right, with the ages of these boys there is a lot of growth physically as well as mentally, so today's kick ball team might produce USMNT's next star. The main point that I was making is not to trade current success for future bad habits. There is a decent amount of really good coach's in North Texas, ones that will sacrifice glory for development, holding their kids accountable to playing sound soccer. I have always been impressed with how much Pedro gets out of his teams. I known kids that have left other clubs being lower half players and he gets them to produce, you can see real development. I know that he videos most of his '07 and '08 games so I'm sure the kids are getting a holistic view of their progress.

With regards to picks this weekend - Miyagi was reading Biff's Almanac before posting and has the right answers. Congrats Miyagi!

Saying a prayer they play this weekend.  

Hope he kept a receipt for that Almanac lol. I would demand a refund. I'm sure nobody saw Allegiance losing 5-0 though. Will the real Allegiance please stand up? I'm guessing coach Pedro will not be posting a public highlight video of this game.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 30/09/18, 07:58 am

Almanac is still good. 3 out of 4 picks isn’t bad. Especially when no wagers are being placed on these matches. I think TxRMC has Amazon Prime, so his flux capacitor was delivered in time to install in his DeLorean, and he was able to go into the future to affect the outcome of that Allegiance match. Lol.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 30/09/18, 08:00 am

On another note, was anybody actually at the Allegiance match to give insight on what took place? Alot of these matchups can go either way, but as LiverpoolDad stated, I don’t think anyone was expecting that result.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 30/09/18, 09:43 am

I thought Thornber would do better, Allegiance got run over, Heighway squeaked out a win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 30/09/18, 10:28 am

I never thought Thornber had a chance. Not because of lack of skill, but rather because of how strong Suarez has been looking. I did see some of the Liverpool game. Stavrou had multiple chances to tie it up at the end and just kept shooting way wide. I did see the Allegiance game. Very unimpressive game. I was surprised they got run over so easily.

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 30/09/18, 10:52 pm

What a weekend, glad that they got the games in, sorry that Biff's Almanac was a little off.

I think that we learned a little something this weekend.

First, we learned that a pressing style like Salazar plays can make a good possession team look human. Allegiance looked like they didn't know what hit them. They were definitely surprised at how quickly the Texans closed the space on their passes and made them make quick decisions, which they were not able to execute. Some teams match up better against others, it looks like Salazar has their number.

Second, I watched much of the Liverpool game, and can say that Stavarou should have at least tied that game, if not won it. What I see out of Liverpool is that if they don't break your spirit in the first half, you still have a chance to win. I think that a lot of it is probably conditioning, as the second half of games look tougher for them.

Third, Colleyville is looking to make their run. They have by far the hardest schedule for the first half of the league playing Kicks, McKinney, Suarez, Salazar, Stavrou, and Pedro in their first 10 games. If they can come out of this half with 5 wins, they are poised to still be in that top 5. They soundly beat a well coached team in FCD Gonzalez.

The rest of the weekend was chalk, Kicks took care of business is short order, McKinney took a bit to dispatch Lightning FC, Suarez played a nail biter vs Thornber.

Seeds Current Top 5:
Solar McKinney - Should have scored 20 against Lightning, still having trouble finishing
Liverpool Heighway - So tough in the back, it will keep them in most games, their problem will be scoring goals against better teams.
Dallas Kicks - Takes care of business against the teams they should, they look vulnerable against better teams
FCD Suarez - Except for a hiccup vs Solar Oliver, they are nearly perfect. Defense if tough, scoring is rough.
Texans Stavrou - Another tough defensive team, great around the top of the 18, need a finisher.

Seeds Best of the Rest:
Texans Salazar - Great win vs Allegiance, relentless press, they are finding the ball first.
FCD Molina - Winning games, but giving up a ton of goals. Need to focus vs tougher teams.
Solar Juliao - They are 2-2, but will be a tough out for anyone.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 30/09/18, 11:09 pm

Spot on Seed

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 01/10/18, 10:52 am

Looks as though FCD Suarez will be tested in the next couple of weeks as they will be taking on Solar McKinney and FCD Molina.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 01/10/18, 11:04 am

Could be a trap game for Solar McKinney. Looks like they tied the last time they played

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CardinalRule 01/10/18, 03:57 pm

Allegiance is doing all the right things, but as I noted last week, an athletic pressuring defense would break them down. Combining possession and highly competitive soccer is very difficult at this age, but they have 2 years to hang around D1 and get stronger. On a related note, Salazar Coaches need to find a little Zen or take a few Xanax before they step out on the field. You could hear their screaming from the parking lot..... Evil or Very Mad

CardinalRule
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 02/10/18, 11:08 pm

Interesting games this weekend:
1. Liverpool vs solar Juliao- tied 1-1 last time they played (Plano Labor Day Tournament)
2. Solar McKinney vs FCD Suarez- 2 unbeaten teams in CL. Last time they played was a 1-1 draw at King Tut
3. Allegiance vs DT Stavrou- allegiance coming off a bad loss will be looking to recover. Stavrou, from what I hear, played well against Liverpool and should have probably won
4. FCD Thornber vs DT Salazar- 2 middle tier teams that should be a good match up

Who do y’all got? I am going
1.Draw between Liverpool and Juliao. I expect it to be very similar to the last time they played.
2. Solar McKinney- this may be close, but I think coach McKinney Will make any needed adjustments and get this win
3. DT Stavrou- I think they will press just like Salazar, causing errors by allegiance.
4. I’ll give this one to Salazar. I am not sure Thornber will be able to keep up

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seed 02/10/18, 11:31 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:Interesting games this weekend:
1. Liverpool vs solar Juliao- tied 1-1 last time they played (Plano Labor Day Tournament)
2. Solar McKinney vs FCD Suarez- 2 unbeaten teams in CL. Last time they played was a 1-1 draw at King Tut
3. Allegiance vs DT Stavrou- allegiance coming off a bad loss will be looking to recover. Stavrou, from what I hear, played well against Liverpool and should have probably won
4. FCD Thornber vs DT Salazar- 2 middle tier teams that should be a good match up

Who do y’all got?  I am going
1.Draw between Liverpool and Juliao. I expect it to be very similar to the last time they played.
2. Solar McKinney- this may be close, but I think coach McKinney Will make any needed adjustments and get this win
3. DT Stavrou- I think they will press just like Salazar, causing errors by allegiance.
4. I’ll give this one to Salazar. I am not sure Thornber will be able to keep up

I agree with all of your picks NTX, great analysis. Here are my thoughts:
1) Juliao vs Liverpool is going to be a great game especially if Juliao can hang in that first half and be aggressive enough to get some clean chances.
2) The McKinney Suarez game will be tough fought, Suarez is quick on top, and stacks the back, scoring will be tough for both teams.
3) Allegiance will be overmatched vs Stavrou's attack. They gave Heighway all they could handle, and Heighway's defense is much stronger, this could be a blowout.
4) I have not seen Thornber play yet this season, but based off of the level of competition they've played and the scores, Salazar will be propelled by their vociferous coaches. You will be able to hear their victory from the parking lot.

Seed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 08:04 am

My picks:
Salazar Vs Thornber. Long ball fest Salazar wins easily, they have too many horses compared to Thornber.

Heighway Vs Juliao. Heighway's long ball game and quick physical forwards will run over Juliao. Heighway wins in a blow out.

Suarez Vd McKinney: McKinney is far superior they win easily, expect a blowout.

Pedro Vs Stavrou: The most intriguing match up this weekend. Look for Pedro to have his team play defense again, low scoring Pedro wins by a goal or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 03/10/18, 08:09 am

TxRMC wrote:My picks:
Salazar Vs Thornber.  Long ball fest Salazar wins easily, they have too many horses compared to Thornber.

Heighway Vs Juliao. Heighway's long ball game and quick physical forwards will run over Juliao.  Heighway wins in a blow out.

Suarez Vd McKinney:  McKinney is far superior they win easily, expect a blowout.

Pedro Vs Stavrou:  The most intriguing match up this weekend.  Look for Pedro to have his team play defense again, low scoring Pedro wins by a goal or two.

LOL... we shall see. gotta love the homers
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 08:24 am

Homers? When it comes to McKinney I'm in the hater camp, not ashamed to admit it. I would love to see them get beat, but it ain't gonna happen, they are far superior to Juliao at this time. I want Juliao to win but the reality is they are not at McKinney's level.

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 03/10/18, 08:26 am

TxRMC wrote:Homers?  When it comes to McKinney I'm in the hater camp, not ashamed to admit it.  I would love to see them get beat, but it ain't gonna happen, they are far superior to Juliao at this time.  I want Juliao to win but the reality is they are not at McKinney's level.

They dont play Juliao....

FC DALLAS YOUTH 08B (SUAREZ)
-
Details
SOLAR SC 08B MCKINNEY
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 08:52 am

Oops I meant Suarez. Not a McKinney "homer", they are good so I don't like them, haters gonna hate. LOL I would love for Suarez to beat them but going off history and seeing both teams play I unfortunately predict McKinney wins easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 03/10/18, 08:53 am

TxRMC wrote:Oops I meant Suarez.  Not a McKinney "homer", they are good so I don't like them, haters gonna hate. LOL I would love for Suarez to beat them but going off history and seeing both teams play I unfortunately predict McKinney wins easily.

McKinney was beat late in the spring by what is now mostly Suarez, and tied them in the summer. Should be a great game.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 09:10 am

Suarez beat Thornber by 2, Oliver by 1, and Stavrou by 1, they are not on Mckinney's level yet. I hope Suarez wins, that would be awesome but I don't see it this weekend. My pick is McKinney (not a homer)

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 03/10/18, 09:38 am

AtThePitch wrote:
TxRMC wrote:Oops I meant Suarez.  Not a McKinney "homer", they are good so I don't like them, haters gonna hate. LOL I would love for Suarez to beat them but going off history and seeing both teams play I unfortunately predict McKinney wins easily.

McKinney was beat late in the spring by what is now mostly Suarez, and tied them in the summer.  Should be a great game.

Yes, McKinney was beat by Suarez late in the Spring, but that was not the same McKinney Team that is playing today. I saw the game, and Solar McKinney played the whole tournament with some new players and an experimental lineup. Seemed like coach was trying some new things that weekend. They actually lost every game of that tournament. I am sure a lot of haters were licking their chops thinking mighty Solar had been brought down a notch. But sure enough, they came back strong and have WON every local tournament they have entered since then.  
As for the King Tut tie, first, McKinney had players missing in that tournament, second, it was extremely hot that weekend. McKinney dominated possession of that game but just couldn't find the net. Aside from a very fortunate foul call right outside the box, which resulted in a free kick goal, Suarez never even came close to scoring. But then again, its going to be hard to score when 6 of your 8 field players are playing on the defensive back line.
Although this could be a tough game, I anticipate Solar running away with it and winning big.

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 5 BF1A4CE671295E8F9BDEE3C48CF22BB00F6862C6

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 03/10/18, 09:56 am

Jeeze, why did McKinney even grace the 08 league with their presence the way you describe them. Sounds like they should all be playing up in DA.

Like I said, should be a great game, it's u11 soccer.
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 10:00 am

Yeah I saw that McKinney lost those games in that tournament over the summer, and yes I was one of those haters licking my chops hoping the mighty Solar McKinney has fallen. However they have come roaring back and unfortunately IMO no other team in D1 is quite at their level yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 03/10/18, 10:26 am

AtThePitch wrote:Jeeze, why did McKinney even grace the 08 league with their presence the way you describe them.  Sounds like they should all be playing up in DA.

Like I said, should be a great game,  it's u11 soccer.

You are correct, they should have been playing up in DA, but I think that spot was taken away from them when Texans South took their teams to Solar. The old Texans South team is currently playing as one of the Solar West DA teams. If it was not for that move, McKinney would be DA and then everyone here would be hating on Texans South instead.

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 10:41 am

Does DA stsrt with U12 or U11?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 10:47 am

TxRMC wrote:Does DA stsrt with U12 or U11?

It normally starts at U12 for most kids. Some of the kids who are more developed are able to “play up” at U11. This year especially due to the expansion of DA teams.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 11:03 am

I thought Classic League had the top talented teams in the DFW area?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next