North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 6 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 6 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 11:03 am

I thought Classic League had the top talented teams in the DFW area?

Back to top Go down

Post by daqben 03/10/18, 11:21 am

If i was betting man i would say:
Solar Mckinney +225 Real Madrid -180,
Liverpool Heighway +275 Barcelona -150

Modric and Kroos would have issues keeping up with Mckinney passing and Suarez wouldn't be able to get past the backline of Heighway.

daqben
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by adicto2141 03/10/18, 11:23 am

I was told DA is a top league to develop players that's their main focus and they do have a few top 08 players playing up. in my opinion I want to take my time with my son to play classic first and then move up to DA I don't want him to missed anything.

adicto2141
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 11:30 am

TxRMC wrote:I thought Classic League had the top talented teams in the DFW area?

For the most part, Classic League has the best teams, but not the best players. Two of the top five 08' teams from last season are now playing DA. Some top players from other teams have also made to the jump to DA as well.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 11:32 am

Is there a DA only league? Can a player play Classic and DA?

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 11:51 am

TxRMC wrote:Is there a DA only league?  Can a player play Classic and DA?

Yes, there are regional DA only leagues. You can search for the schedules below:

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=NzEyMjMzNg==&partialGames=1

Not sure about a kid being able to play both. The DA teams travel a lot so I think it would be very difficult to play both DA and Classic League. I believe they have a "designated player" option, but I'm not sure how that works. You may want to post this question in the 07' forum as some of the more experienced DA parents may be able to answer that one for you.

Last edited by Mr. Miyagi on 03/10/18, 01:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 03/10/18, 01:53 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
TxRMC wrote:Is there a DA only league?  Can a player play Classic and DA?

Yes, there are regional DA only leagues. You can search for the schedules below:

http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=NzEyMjMzNg==&partialGames=1

Not sure about a kid being able to play both. The DA teams travel a lot so I think it would be very difficult to play both DA and Classic League. I believe they have a "designated player" option, but I'm not sure how that works. You may want post this question in the 07' forum as some of the more experienced DA parents may be able to answer that one for you.  

Yes, the DA league is run by US Soccer. You can only play that league and only DA sanctioned tournaments. As for players doing both Classic and DA. This is only an option for DPs (Designated Players). A DP is a kid who wasn't offered a full time spot on DA. They practice with DA, but also practice with their Select team. They play mainly with their Select team. DPs can't be rostered on the DA Roster until sometime in October. A DP can only play in 6 or 7 games in DA. After that they must be converted to full time DA. Usually clubs will keep a few DPs so that when injuries happen or kids quit they can fill the spots. There are actually a lot of 08s playing in DA this year. Many of the B teams are heavy on 08s. You can see the rosters and birth years on the DA website. Texans have 7 08s; Texans South doesn't have year listed so not sure; FCD has 10 08s; FCD South has 8; Solar has 1; Solar West is like Texans South, no birth years listed.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 02:54 pm

Thanks for the info. DA is better? Is there a tryout and then a draft? Does a whole team move up to DA together?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 03:02 pm

There is a draft. It is held after u11 north texas soccer combine. The bottom team from classic League gets the top pick. It’s held at ATT stadium and televised on ESPN 8 “the ocho”

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by schmuck 03/10/18, 03:14 pm

TxRMC wrote:Thanks for the info.  DA is better?  Is there a tryout and then a draft?  Does a whole team move up to DA together?

Yes, DA is better. The philosophy is : more practice, less games, but better competition for each game. Hence, you can only play in DA sanctioned tournaments.

As for tryouts, pretty much everything from U11 on up is a tryout. So yes, you must try out and make the team. It is a big commitment. The league you join is Texas. You travel to games in Houston 5 times, Austin 2x, San Antonio 1x. Luckily the rest are local to DFW.

schmuck
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 05:09 pm

There was another really good 08 boys team that I like to hate on more than McKinney. I think their name was PSG? Black jerseys gold numbers? I havent seen them in while. Do any of y'all know who I'm talking about and what happened to them?

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 06:09 pm

PSG never wore black with gold numbers. That was PST, which is now Texans Salazar. There was a team called PSG that wore Paris St Germaine uniforms. They were the top team in the nation and are now part of the FC Dallas DA team

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Coterminous 03/10/18, 06:25 pm

PSG was a top team... but not the top team Legends FC handled them pretty good in the SuperCopa finals...
But yeah most went to FCD DA. Some didnt and went to 07 FCD teams or FCD West DA

Coterminous
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 06:42 pm

Cmon man. They were the clear top team in the country. They only lost to 2 teams in like 3 years (solar McKinney and fC legends). The current number one team in the nation has a loss. Does that mean we shouldn’t consider them the top team? Anyone who knows anything about the 08 landscape the last few years knows that PSG/FCD Red Gordon was the top team in the country

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 06:52 pm

They also lost to Total Futbol in the Vegas Cup. They didn’t fair well against the top Westcoast teams, this past year anyways. They were a top top team without a doubt, but to say they were the best in the nation is a little bit of a stretch. I was at the Supercopa this year, and the Legends did handle them in the Semis.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 06:58 pm

Fc legends game was their last game. Pretty sure a bunch of kids had already checked out and had their mind on DA at that point. If you look at their history, it really isn’t much of a stretch to say they were top team in nation. YSR had no problem calling them the topnteam in the nation

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 03/10/18, 07:20 pm

Yes PST and PSG my son's team played both of them, PST in Primetime and PSG in a tournaments,, or vice versa. I kept getting them confused because the names were similar and both were good teams. PSG played my son's team in a tournament and they destroyed his team, it was bad really bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 07:38 pm

Those rankings are based off of points. Most of the Westcoast teams points did not register for whatever reason. When I think of who the best is, I’m looking at results on the field. Not a points based ranking system. They were beat, and no they weren’t checked out. Those kids played very hard that weekend and had every intention on defending their title. They just came up short against a better team at the Supercopa. They also came up short at the Vegas Cup.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 07:56 pm

That’s garbage Miyagi. YSR takes all of the west coast games into account when calculating their rankings. That’s why it’s so hard for Texas teams to break into the national rankings Solar went out to surf challenge last year when they were ranked in the 20’s. Solar ended up beating the #5, #2 and tied the #8 team. If anything, YSR is completely biased towards west coast teams. Also try to remember that SuperCopa was 7v7. Psg had been playing 9v9 for a year and were preparing for DA 9v9 as well. Totally possible they were checked out. You sure travelled a long way to watch them play at SuperCopa though. Just because your name is Miyagi does not mean you are old and wise. Based off your last 2 assessments, I am definitely not buying what you are selling

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 08:07 pm

soccerfanatic2008 wrote:That’s garbage Miyagi. YSR takes all of the west coast games into account when calculating their rankings. That’s why it’s so hard for Texas teams to break into the national rankings   Solar went out to surf challenge last year when they were ranked in the 20’s. Solar ended up beating the #5, #2 and tied the #8 team. If anything, YSR is completely biased towards west coast teams.   Also try to remember that SuperCopa was 7v7. Psg had been playing 9v9 for a year and were preparing for DA 9v9 as well. Totally possible they were checked out. You sure travelled a long way to watch them play at SuperCopa though. Just because your name is Miyagi does not mean you are old and wise. Based off your last 2 assessments, I am definitely not buying what you are selling

You basically just proved my point. If the YSR Rankings were so accurate, then how was Solar able to beat those teams ranked ahead of them? Maybe the rankings were wrong to begin with maybe? The YSR rankings are what they are, just rankings. They aren’t gospel. I’m not sure how the west Coast teams report their scores or ect, but there was another west coast team that at one time was ranked ahead of PSG from time to time and they only had like 10 games listed. All I’m saying is that the YSR rankings were not perfect. PSG was a really nice team. I just think it’s a bit arrogant to say they were the best yet they were getting beat. Can you explain your logic in that? I am very familiar with that team. They played 7v7 as well as 9v9. They were not spent anymore than any other team that was in the tournament. Do you think the Legends FC team was on vacation and sitting on the couch the whole time leading up to the tournament? They were training and playing games just like PSG. PSG just came up short. No need to make excuses.

By the way, my son played in the Supercopa this past year. So it’s never to far to travel to support my kids.

And in regards to you not buying what I’m selling, don’t worry, it was never for sell to begin with.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by LiverpoolDad 03/10/18, 08:27 pm

Haha. I think soccer fanatic is right miyagi. PSG was the top team in the nation no doubt. So what if they lost a couple of games here and there. All top teams lose games occasionally, that does not mean they are not the number one team in the nation. That team was pretty dominant. You stated earlier, that YSR must have somehow not accounted for some of the California teams games. How does that make any sense whatsoever? California teams are usually ranked The highest in in YSR because of all the games they play You say that it is pretty arrogant to consider them the top team in the nation because they lost a few games. I say it is pretty idiotic to say they are not the top team just because they lost a few games over the last three years

In the beginning of this thread, didn’t you use indoor games that you saw to form opinions on your top teams? Now, you say that PSshe was not the top team in the nation, and that YSR must not have used all of the California teams games to rank them? I agree with soccer fanatic. Definitely not buying what you’re selling

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 08:31 pm

LiverpoolDad wrote:Haha. I think soccer fanatic is right miyagi. PSG  was the top team in the nation no doubt.  So what if they lost a couple of games here and there. All top teams lose games occasionally, that does not mean they are not the number one team in the nation.  That team was pretty dominant.   You stated earlier, that YSR  must have somehow not accounted for some of the California teams games.   How does that make any sense whatsoever? California teams are usually ranked  The highest in in YSR because of all the games they play     You say that it is pretty arrogant to consider them the top team in the nation because they lost a few games.   I say it is pretty idiotic to say they are not the top team just because they lost a few games  over the last three years  

In the beginning of this thread, didn’t you use indoor games that you saw to form opinions on your top teams?  Now, you say that PSshe was not the top team in the nation, and that YSR must not have used all of the California teams games to rank them?    I agree with soccer fanatic. Definitely not buying what you’re selling

Hey it’s a forum, so everyone here is entitled to their own opinion. We can just respectfully agree to disagree. Again, I favor head to head matchups over rankings. If a team beats another team head to head, how can they be ranked below them? That’s all I’m saying.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 03/10/18, 08:41 pm

By your logic Miyagi, there is no number one team. Because every ranked team has been beaten

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 03/10/18, 08:50 pm

Yeah I watched many PSG games during tournaments over the last few years. I saw them dominate teams in SuperCopa last year, win IberCup against top teams in the nation, and either win or advance very far in every big tournament I can think of. They were the top team in nation while they were together. It’s kinda crazy to say otherwise Miyagi. But you are right. We are entitled to our opinions.

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 03/10/18, 08:56 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:Yeah I watched many PSG games during tournaments over the last few years. I saw them dominate teams in SuperCopa last year, win IberCup against top teams in the nation, and either win or advance very far in every big tournament I can think of. They  were the top team in nation while they were together. It’s kinda crazy to say otherwise Miyagi.  But you are right. We are entitled to our opinions.

Correction Sir, PSG actually lost the Ibercup in 2017.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 03/10/18, 08:59 pm

You are correct. They lost in PK shootout. Then beat that same team in overtime at SuperCopa

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next