North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 13 Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 13 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Cobra Kai 06/12/18, 03:01 am

Did you just compare seeding of a 60+ team qualifying tournament, to the seeding of a standard tournament with 12 or fewer teams? Brilliant

And your luck of the draw as far as “which teams the tournament decides to pair against within the brackets”. There is no luck in that. It’s pretty clear in every tournament I have ever seen that the teams are all seeded 1through whatever and then placed in their respective brackets accordingly. Even if a team feels they should be ranked above another team, it usually all evens out within the brackets

And as far as “which teams sign up to play” at this point, all these teams and coaches know each other. For the most part,everyone knows which tournaments the top teams sign up for. If a team doesnt sign up for these tournaments, then that’s on them. I know tournaments like Bobby Rhine or veterans cup are smaller tournaments and most top u11 teams don’t normally sign up for those unless they are looking for extra games, but when a top team doesn’t sign up for the Labor Day tournament, Which awards a ton of got soccer points to the champion...well I don’t want to hear that team complaining about luck of the draw when they get a low seed in a later tournament.

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 06/12/18, 09:45 am

Cobra Kai wrote:Did you just compare seeding of a 60+ team qualifying tournament, to the seeding of a standard tournament with 12 or fewer teams?  Brilliant

And your luck of the draw as far as “which teams the tournament decides to pair against within the brackets”. There is no luck in that. It’s pretty clear in every tournament I have ever seen that the teams are all seeded 1through whatever and then placed in their respective brackets accordingly. Even if a team feels they should be ranked above another team, it usually all evens out within the brackets

And as far as “which teams sign up to play” at this point, all these teams and coaches know each other. For the most part,everyone knows which tournaments the top teams sign up for. If a team doesnt sign up for these tournaments, then that’s on them. I know tournaments like Bobby Rhine or veterans cup are smaller tournaments and most top u11 teams don’t normally sign up for those unless they are looking for extra games, but when a top team doesn’t sign up for the Labor Day tournament, Which awards a ton of got soccer points to the champion...well I don’t want to hear that team complaining about luck of the draw when they get a low seed in a later tournament.

As a matter of fact I did question the seeding of the 60+ team qualifying tournament, to the seeding of a standard tournament with 12 or fewer teams. Its actually not brilliance, but more like common sense. Now keep in mind that I as well as others were only questioning the seeding of the top 10-14 teams. Putting any two of these top 10-14 teams in the same bracket with each other while only allowing one team the opportunity to advance makes absolutely no sense. If you intend on having the best "teams" in your league, you would seed them accordingly to give them the best opportunity to advance.  Pairing the top teams within the same bracket results in one of those top teams being placed in D2, while allowing a weaker team with an undeserving seed to play in its own bracket and be placed in D1. With that, my sons team had no problem qualifying for D1, but its definitely messed up that some really good teams are having to basically waste a year playing against D2 teams, when they without question should be playing against D1 competition.

As far as luck of the draw, and who signs up for what, I don't really disagree with you there. But as far as seeding, there is still a "human component", which can lead to errors or "misjudgments". But for the smaller tournaments, it usually corrects itself because of the elimination rounds, which is not the case for tournaments like the King Tut and Classic League QT. But when you have parents talking about this team won this tournament, and this team won that tournament, does it really matter if there is not a turnout of good teams that are able to sign up and play that weekend? Some of these coaches are even going so far as to cherry pick which tournaments their teams play in, in hopes of getting a "cheap" tournament Championship. LOL. But I have no issue with Solar McKinney. They seem to be at every big tournament and represent the Solar name well.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 06/12/18, 02:42 pm

My kid doesn't play for Allegiance he plays on one.of the big clubs with some of his buddies. They play boring long ball like all the other D1 teams. Solar McKinney does move the ball around but not like Allegiance. I've been working overseas for 2 years so I'm just now getting up to speed with my kid's soccer. I have to say I'm not at all impressed with his team or most of the D1 teams. It's boring back and forth ugly foot race muscle it in long ball. Kicks are long ball, Liverpool long ball, it's all boring long ball. I did see McKinney play Suarez and McKinney was moving the ball around but Suarez was sucking them into playing ugly long ball. KcKinney is the better team and if they would have slowed it down and play possession they would take Suarez. Allegiance and McKinney are the only 2 teams playing the right way, developing the kids the right way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 07/12/18, 06:02 pm

So let’s get this thread back on track. Here is my 1st half power rankings.

1.FCD Suarez: they beat most teams they play and have consistently gotten results against good teams.
2.Solar McKinney: they have the most talent on the roster and Coach seems to have them turned into the wind.
3. Liverpool Heighway: they had one loss but haven’t really played any tournaments since Labor Day so who knows if they are keeping up.
4. Kick: they are in first place in the Classic League but didn’t play anyone and haven’t been lighting the world on fire in tournaments.
5. After this it’s like playing darts take your pick...

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 07/12/18, 06:21 pm

I was fine with the long ball, then I saw Allegiance play, wow, just wow.

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 08/12/18, 01:32 am

Rooster I agree with your list with the exception of your number 1 spot. With the exception of McKinney, fcd Suarez hasn’t beat any of the top 5 teams. Their win against McKinney was well earned, so I am not taking anything away from that however, they followed that with a tie and a loss to the number 9, and 10 teams respectively. I don’t put them anywhere close to the top spot. My prediction is they will finish classic league in 4th or 5th spot. If Salazar continues playing the way they did last month, I actually think they will finish ahead of suarez

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 09/12/18, 11:56 pm

Ya I just put Suarez #1 purely off results against McKinney. If we are making a list off talent McKinney is the clear number 1.

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 1a2b3c 10/12/18, 11:17 am

@ScubaSteve

I don’t think you’re actually trying to boost Allegiance, I think you’re trying to make people hate them with your annoying posts.
Pedro is a great Coach, but I’m sure even he knows his 08 team needs more time and 1-2 good players before they can be mentioned in the “top teams” discussion.
Sure they pass the ball well and more than any other 08 team.
But you cannot ignore the facts. His 08s are not on the same level as his 07s. No team is.
Just like you claim to do. I have watched both teams play when the schedule allows. Even my BB can tell you the difference.
His 07s have players on the bench that can start on any DA team. His 08s don’t have any subs.

He developed his 07 team from the bottom they say. And it looks like the 08s are heading on the same direction. But they are not there yet.

So why don’t you just drop the annoying posts….. we all know they can pass…. But that is not the only way to play the game.

2008 Top Teams

1 - Solar Mckinney - did a good job recruiting. Most talented team in the area.
2 - Kicks Black - skilled and athletic
3 - FC Dallas Suarez - Strong will - fighters
4 - Liverpool Heighway - working things out
5 - Dallas Texans Red - will get it done

6 - 10 - work in progress…….

1a2b3c
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/12/18, 10:21 am

Ugh cancelled games this last weekend, I was so looking forward to catching me some Allegiance action. Got on the Allegiance youtube channel to get my fix and found a video of the 08 team vs a physical long ball 07 team. Starting at the 1:08 mark on the video there is a magnificent 30ish pass possession that nearly ended with a score. If my kid's team tried to play like Allegiance they would not only lose every game they would get blown out, his team just can't pass, they play very effective kick and go long ball. The way Allegiance plays is very very hard that is why you don't see any other D1 team attempting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYQ2PdQpvnc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooster08dad 17/12/18, 12:17 pm

Scuba I see what you’re doing here.

Rooster08dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobra Kai 17/12/18, 08:38 pm

I watched the video. I didnt see 30 pass possession sequence. I saw 5 passes followed by a steal, 1 pass stolen after a bad recieving touch, 5 passes followed by another bad touch and steal , 2 passes followed by a steal... i stopped watching after i realized that you werent counting to 30 in sequential order.

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobra Kai 17/12/18, 11:38 pm

I found a really good clip of allegiance putting some passes together Sciuba.
https://youtu.be/ftlfPb0gyxI

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 26/12/18, 12:03 pm

The 07 team did poke the ball away a couple of times but Allegiance immediately regained possession so I dont count that rubbish as a true change of possession. In less than 3 minutes Allegiance had a beautiful 30ish passing sequence that nearly ended in a goal. My kid's team struggles to have 30 passes for the entire game,.many times it will take them 2 games to hit 30 passes. If his team tried to play like Allegiance they would not only lose every game they would get blown out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Poo Nani 27/12/18, 11:29 pm

WORD UP PAPAGIORGIO
Poo Nani
Poo Nani
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fussball22 28/12/18, 11:42 pm

These kids are 10...lol. Post the top ten when they turn 15. Rolling Eyes

fussball22
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 29/12/18, 08:56 am

I think you have to be 18 to wear bikinis at the Miss USA pageant and be able to wear stilleto heels down the stairs.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 28/01/19, 01:06 pm

Did anybody make it out to the Michael Brown Classic this weekend? Curious as to what's going on with Liverpool Heighway? They seem to be on a slide as of late. Going into that matchup with FCD Suarez, I thought those two teams would be evenly matched. But the results seem to state otherwise. Has the makeup of the team changed, or are the kids just maybe hitting a rough patch?
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AtThePitch 28/01/19, 01:08 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:Did anybody make it out to the Michael Brown Classic this weekend? Curious as to what's going on with Liverpool Heighway? They seem to be on a slide as of late. Going into that matchup with FCD Suarez, I thought those two teams would be evenly matched. But the results seem to state otherwise. Has the makeup of the team changed, or are the kids just maybe hitting a rough patch?

Maybe you underestimate the Suarez team...
AtThePitch
AtThePitch
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 28/01/19, 01:35 pm

AtThePitch wrote:
Mr. Miyagi wrote:Did anybody make it out to the Michael Brown Classic this weekend? Curious as to what's going on with Liverpool Heighway? They seem to be on a slide as of late. Going into that matchup with FCD Suarez, I thought those two teams would be evenly matched. But the results seem to state otherwise. Has the makeup of the team changed, or are the kids just maybe hitting a rough patch?

Maybe you underestimate the Suarez team...

Not at all. FCD Suarez seems to be pretty consistent. I was looking more at the results as of late for Liverpool Heighway. The two teams records against the same teams are very similar, with the exception of each teams result against Solar Mckinney.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 28/01/19, 03:19 pm

Nobody underestimates FCD Suarez. I think they are clearly the #3 or 4 team in TX and they have been pretty consistent. Im just curious how they scored 8 goals with the 5 man defense they usually deploy. They have scored that many goals maybe once in their history.

Miyagi, I think you are right. This isnt about other teams. (As much as Suarez parents would like to believe)There is something different about Liverpool Heighway. Im not sure if they had players out, but definitely look to be having a rough patch.

I know the Michael Brown Tourney was a friendlies format, but thats yet another tournament Solar McKinney finished on top. There were some good teams in this tournament, wish the kicks would have played in it. FC Dallas put on a good tournament. Too bad Suarez and McKinney didnt get to play again.

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cobra Kai 28/01/19, 03:27 pm

I watched the McKinney vs Liverpool game. Liverpool didnt have their same keeper. In his place, they used their normal starting center back who is the anchor of their defense. So essentially, they lost their keeper and their center back. This completely changed the dynamic of that team.

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfanatic2008 28/01/19, 03:37 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:Nobody underestimates FCD Suarez. I think they are clearly the #3 or 4 team in TX and they have been pretty consistent. Im just curious how they scored 8 goals with the 5 man defense they usually deploy. They have scored that many goals maybe once in their history.

Miyagi, I think you are right. This isnt about other teams. (As much as Suarez parents would like to believe)There is something different about Liverpool Heighway. Im not sure if they had players out, but definitely look to be having a rough patch.

I know the Michael Brown Tourney was a friendlies format, but thats yet another tournament Solar McKinney finished on top. There were some good teams in this tournament, wish the kicks would have played in it.  FC Dallas put on a good tournament. Too bad Suarez and McKinney didnt get to play again.

Ntxsoccerfan This may have been just a friendly format, but the tournament is still a Premier Elite level ranked tournament in gotSoccer. First place (McKinney) for u11 Gold A gets 3333 points and 2nd place gets zero points

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 28/01/19, 04:23 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:Nobody underestimates FCD Suarez. I think they are clearly the #3 or 4 team in TX and they have been pretty consistent. Im just curious how they scored 8 goals with the 5 man defense they usually deploy. They have scored that many goals maybe once in their history.

I know the Michael Brown Tourney was a friendlies format, but thats yet another tournament Solar McKinney finished on top. There were some good teams in this tournament, wish the kicks would have played in it.  FC Dallas put on a good tournament. Too bad Suarez and McKinney didnt get to play again.

Agreed on all accounts!
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Miyagi 28/01/19, 04:31 pm

Cobra Kai wrote:I watched the McKinney vs Liverpool game. Liverpool didnt have their same keeper. In his place, they used their normal starting center back who is the anchor of their defense. So essentially, they lost their keeper and their center back. This completely changed the dynamic of that team.

Thanks for the info. I figured that something must have been going on with the roster based on the result of the FCD Suarez matchup. No slight to FCD Suarez, as they are no doubt a top team this year as well.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AttaBoy 29/01/19, 08:31 am

Heighway carries a big roster and they had 1 sub the game I watched. Heard over half of the team got the flu or something?? One of the parents said 4 starters were out the whole weekend and they were playing with a few who weren’t well.

AttaBoy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 29/01/19, 09:32 am

[quote="AttaBoy"]Heighway carries a big roster and they had 1 sub the game I watched. Heard over half of the team got the flu or something?? One of the parents said 4 starters were out the whole weekend and they were playing with a few who weren’t well. [/quote]

This is true. A good handful of them got the flu in Vegas at the beginning of the week.

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 24 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 24  Next