North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The ColonyYesterday at 6:27 pmTriumph FC
Texas Spirit 11 MonkYesterday at 10:03 amTexas Spirit
Texas Spirit 12 MonkYesterday at 9:48 amTexas Spirit
Premier League Clubs' Interesting NicknamesYesterday at 4:25 amALEXXXXXXX
Texas Spirit 05 Bewley19/1/2021, 11:20 pmBFC
Next Generation Cup 202119/1/2021, 5:06 pmGambit Sports Group
09 Girls 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/1/2021, 12:40 pmTriumph FC
08 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/1/2021, 12:32 pmTriumph FC
2012 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony19/1/2021, 12:27 pmTriumph FC
09 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/1/2021, 11:34 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/1/2021, 6:02 pmTriumph FC
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/1/2021, 2:13 pmTriumph FC
07 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/1/2021, 2:08 pmTriumph FC
10 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony18/1/2021, 12:44 pmTriumph FC
FC Dallas (Frisco) 2013 and 2014 teams recruiting!18/1/2021, 2:46 amcoach77
FC Dallas (Frisco) 2013 and 2014 teams recruiting!18/1/2021, 2:36 amcoach77
16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony17/1/2021, 8:44 pmTriumph FC
BVB 11G Silver- Carrollton, The Colony, Coppell, Lewisville17/1/2021, 8:33 pmreeck
11 Boys 16th Annual Winter Cup 29th-31st January The Colony17/1/2021, 7:14 pmTriumph FC
FC Dallas North Black - looking for 2 more17/1/2021, 2:59 pmJNavarrete
04 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/1/2021, 1:49 pmU90C
06 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/1/2021, 1:48 pmU90C
07 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/1/2021, 1:47 pmU90C
08 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/1/2021, 1:47 pmU90C
09 Boys Teams - U90C SPRING KICKOFF (Feb 4-7, 2021)17/1/2021, 1:46 pmU90C
Log in

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Pixel
Statistics
We have 14617 registered users
The newest registered user is MegaDad5000

Our users have posted a total of 200852 messages in 29615 subjects

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 8/4/2019, 12:44 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
soccerfanatic2008 wrote:Miyagi you are getting caught up on the whole Liverpool thing. He stated that was his opinion, so that means its open to argument. Lets take Liverpool out of the picture (which Kicks still haven't beaten btw lol) Who have the Kicks beat? They have beat nobody. Liverpool Dad stated it best: Kicks are just the best of the rest.

I have no issue with Liverpool Dad's statement. But SMG is implying that Liverpool is better, yet they have losses to "weaker teams" as he calls them. What would be the basis of that argument/opinion? Are we doing the NCAA Football eye test evaluation now, or the excuse of the week argument? I'm just trying to figure out how "compete" in this debate. lol!

Miyagi, let it go guy. Its ok. Its my opinion. I have spoken to parents of the top teams (Solar McKinney and FCD Suarez). They both feel the same way and think Liverpool is a better team than the Kicks. Liverpool was just held back the 2nd half of the season because of a goalkeeper situation. If they put a true goalkeeper, ANY experienced goalkeeper in the net and move their best player back to the field, they will probably beat the kicks IMO. So I will give you this. As the rosters stand right now, the kicks are better than Liverpool. But the absolute second they get a goalkeeper that has played the position on the roster, they go above the kicks.

Now, will you answer my original question? Who have the kicks beat? Which top teams have they beat? Not tied. But beat

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 12:56 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Butthu10

lol!
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 2:31 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:
Mr. Miyagi wrote:
soccerfanatic2008 wrote:Miyagi you are getting caught up on the whole Liverpool thing. He stated that was his opinion, so that means its open to argument. Lets take Liverpool out of the picture (which Kicks still haven't beaten btw lol) Who have the Kicks beat? They have beat nobody. Liverpool Dad stated it best: Kicks are just the best of the rest.

I have no issue with Liverpool Dad's statement. But SMG is implying that Liverpool is better, yet they have losses to "weaker teams" as he calls them. What would be the basis of that argument/opinion? Are we doing the NCAA Football eye test evaluation now, or the excuse of the week argument? I'm just trying to figure out how "compete" in this debate. lol!

Miyagi, let it go guy. Its ok.  Its my opinion. I have spoken to parents of the top teams (Solar McKinney and FCD Suarez). They both feel the same way and think Liverpool is a better team than the Kicks. Liverpool was just held back the 2nd half of the season because of a goalkeeper situation. If they put a true goalkeeper, ANY experienced goalkeeper in the net and move their best player back to the field, they will probably beat the kicks IMO. So I will give you this. As the rosters stand right now, the kicks are better than Liverpool. But the absolute second they get a goalkeeper that has played the position on the roster, they go above the kicks.

Now, will you answer my original question? Who have the kicks beat? Which top teams have they beat? Not tied. But beat

There was nothing for me to let go of. Your argument never held any weight. It was/is as you stated, just an opinion with excuses.

lol!
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by LiverpoolDad on 8/4/2019, 2:51 pm

His argument was pretty valid to me and held plenty of weight. I dont think you have defended kicks as a top team. You gonna answer his question though?

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 921
Join date : 2018-09-04

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 on 8/4/2019, 2:52 pm

The level of passion over a team your kid apparently does not play for is very interesting to say the least.

lol!

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 1390
Join date : 2017-11-29

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 3:21 pm

Butfirstsoccer09 wrote:The level of passion over a team your kid apparently does not play for is very interesting to say the least.

lol!

No passion at all. I just like discussing factual info. Not opinions based on excuses. I'm just merely waiting for him to validate his thoughts. Why get on a forum and state something with no data to back it up. Just makes no sense to me.

lol!


Last edited by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 3:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 3:31 pm

LiverpoolDad wrote:His argument was pretty valid to me and held plenty of weight. I dont think you have defended kicks as a top team.  You gonna answer his question though?

Well, if his argument holds weight with you, then there is no need for me to state anything that I haven't said already. You have access to Got Soccer. The records don't lie. Why even ask what teams the Kicks have beat, when Liverpool hasn't even showed consistency against the "weaker teams" as he called them? What are we really comparing here? Just opinions, or are we gonna actually look at the wins and loses? If SMG is gonna make statements, he should be able to back them up with at least something quantifiable. At the end of the day, we all know that there isn't much separation between many of these teams. But for a parent to just say one team is better with no real evidence seems very reckless.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by soccerfanatic2008 on 8/4/2019, 3:32 pm

No passion at all huh? Yeah right. Miyagi, his main point is that kicks are not a top team. The facts he’s uses to back it up is the fact that kicks have not beaten any of the top competition. What part is hard to follow? You have stated that the kicks are “as good as advertised”. What are the facts you have to support this? If you could answer his question instead of dodging it, it may help your case. Or maybe you truly don’t have a case

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 920
Join date : 2018-09-06

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 3:39 pm

soccerfanatic2008 wrote:No passion at all huh? Yeah right. Miyagi, his main point is that kicks are not a top team. The facts he’s uses to back it up is the fact that kicks have not beaten any of the top competition.  What part is hard to follow? You have stated that the kicks are “as good as advertised”. What are the facts you have to support this? If you could answer his question instead of dodging it, it may help your case. Or maybe you truly don’t have a case

The Kicks have loses to Suarez and McKinney. They tied Liverpool, and beat everybody else in Classic League D1 this year. They have no loses against "weaker teams" in classic league D1 teams as SMG calls them. They have past wins against Solar McKinney, Liverpool Ackerson(pre DA and at full strength) and FCD Suarez/FCD Blue. I don't know why I have to keep repeating this, but Liverpool Heighway/Ayses has none/zero wins against any of those teams in their history. So I ask you all, other than ties/draws, who have they ever beat that is worth mentioning?
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by strokeMEgood on 8/4/2019, 3:46 pm

Miyagi. You are hilarious man. I know its hard for you to do, but please please please try to let go of the liverpool comment. If you can. I know that made you get all in your feels, but set that aside. That was not the point i was trying to make. The point i am making is this: KICKS ARE NOT A TRUE TOP TEAM. The facts i use to argue my point is that the kicks have not beaten any top competition. Although i feel that one fact is enough, Ill provide another fact to support my claim. They do not do well in tournaments with other top teams. They only win weak tournaments like target cup.
Whats your defense?

strokeMEgood
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 26
Points : 722
Join date : 2019-02-25

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Texanssoccerdad08 on 8/4/2019, 3:54 pm

He got really hurt by you ranking liverpool agead of kicks lol. Hes got tunnell vision now. Smg, you do make a solid argument. Kicks really havent beaten any if the other top teams.

Texanssoccerdad08
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Posts : 7
Points : 670
Join date : 2019-03-31

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 on 8/4/2019, 4:02 pm

WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Miyagi when you say the kicks have “past wins” over McKinney, ackerson, and suarez, are you refering to PRE select signing day? Please tell me you arent counting academy games in your defense. Please tell me thats not what you are trying to use to promote kicks as a top team. And you question the validity of SMG’s argument? Ha. Just Ha

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 991
Join date : 2018-06-23

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 4:09 pm

strokeMEgood wrote:Miyagi. You are hilarious man. I know its hard for you to do, but please please please try to let go of the liverpool comment. If you can. I know that made you get all in your feels, but set that aside.  That was not the point i was trying to make. The point i am making is this: KICKS ARE NOT A TRUE TOP TEAM.  The facts i use to argue my point is that the kicks have not beaten any top competition. Although i feel that one fact is enough, Ill provide another fact to support my claim. They do not do well in tournaments with other top teams. They only win weak tournaments like target cup.  
Whats your defense?    

No defense just facts. I have stated repeatedly that the Kicks are not consistent. That is their crutch. While you keep stating they haven't beat any top teams, they still haven't lost to any of the "weaker teams" that Liverpool has played an lost to in league play.
And what was the name of the tournament that Liverpool won? Oh okay, none/zero?

lol!

You made the Liverpool argument, not me, so the burden is on you to prove why you think they are better. You can stop with the re-directing, because you have yet to make any sense. Its up to you to back up your comments, not me
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 4:11 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT. Miyagi when you say the kicks have “past wins” over McKinney, ackerson, and suarez, are you refering to PRE select signing day? Please tell me you arent counting academy games in your defense.  Please tell me thats not what you are trying to use to promote kicks as a top team. And you question the validity of SMG’s argument? Ha. Just Ha

Hey, their resumes are what they are. I'm don't view these teams in a vacuum as some on here seem to want to do. I'm judging the teams based on their body of work. Not match a here or there.
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Ntxsoccerfan08 on 8/4/2019, 4:15 pm

He backed up his comments. He stated numerous times that his point was not about Liverpool and rather that kicks aren’t a top team. He gave his supporting evidence. So can you provide any facts to support that kicks are a top team? Not to support that they are better than Liverpool, but to support they are a real top team?

Ntxsoccerfan08
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 48
Points : 991
Join date : 2018-06-23

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Mr. Miyagi on 8/4/2019, 4:19 pm

Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:He backed up his comments. He stated numerous times that his point was not about Liverpool and rather that kicks aren’t a top team. He gave his supporting evidence. So can you provide any facts to support that kicks are a top team?  Not to support that they are better than Liverpool, but to support they are a real top team?

They are the 3rd best team in North Texas at the moment. What else is there to say? Is there a secret ranking that has them at 10th that I don't know about? How is a team ranked 3rd in their area not a top team? Please explain that one to me?
Mr. Miyagi
Mr. Miyagi
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 91
Points : 1000
Join date : 2018-07-30

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by LiverpoolDad on 8/4/2019, 4:23 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
Ntxsoccerfan08 wrote:He backed up his comments. He stated numerous times that his point was not about Liverpool and rather that kicks aren’t a top team. He gave his supporting evidence. So can you provide any facts to support that kicks are a top team?  Not to support that they are better than Liverpool, but to support they are a real top team?

They are the 3rd best team in North Texas at the moment. What else is there to say? Is there a secret ranking that has them at 10th that I don't know about? How is a team ranked 3rd in their area not a top team? Please explain that one to me?  

Comical Miyagi. You have brought laughter to my day. I think the point everyone except you is getting, is that there are really 2 top teams. And then there is the Kicks and everyone else.

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 921
Join date : 2018-09-04

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Butfirstsoccer09 on 8/4/2019, 4:25 pm

How is a 4th ranked team not a top team? I would say the top 10 ranked are likely pretty legit.

Butfirstsoccer09
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Posts : 130
Points : 1390
Join date : 2017-11-29

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Cobra Kai on 8/4/2019, 4:28 pm

speaking of rankings, look out for YSR's 9th ranked team in Texas the Musketeers. they are on the rise, especially with two recent wins over the nightcrawlers

Cobra Kai
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 12
Points : 793
Join date : 2018-12-04

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by New2competitive on 8/4/2019, 4:35 pm

Both arguments are based off non facts and speculation, so the only way to measure is by their standings. Maybe liverpool is the stronger team, but SMG arguments are based off of what ifs.

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 747
Join date : 2019-02-12

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by New2competitive on 8/4/2019, 4:37 pm

Plus, top 5 teams are all badass and can all beat each other on any given day, with the exception of McKinney, I'd say they would be more likely to win against the other 4.

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 747
Join date : 2019-02-12

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by LiverpoolDad on 2/5/2019, 11:47 pm

Some good games going on this weekend for state cup. Anyone predicting any upsets?

LiverpoolDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 51
Points : 921
Join date : 2018-09-04

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Alittlemessy10 on 6/5/2019, 8:53 am

Well? Any good games, any upsets? Let's hear it! I was working all weekend and didn't get to see any games! I come on here to get the play by play and......Nothing! scratch

Alittlemessy10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 886
Join date : 2018-08-29

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by New2competitive on 6/5/2019, 10:54 am

Wow, ackerson beats McKinney, someone has got to have details on this game. Props to Ackerson for pulling it off. (2-4)

New2competitive
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 34
Points : 747
Join date : 2019-02-12

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Alittlemessy10 on 6/5/2019, 12:20 pm

New2competitive wrote:Wow, ackerson beats McKinney, someone has got to have details on this game. Props to Ackerson for pulling it off. (2-4)


Dang, you could say that was huge upset. Definitely want to hear some insight on that game! Nobody, and I do mean nobody saw that upset coming. Players missing for McKinney, maybe?

Alittlemessy10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 11
Points : 886
Join date : 2018-08-29

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by soccerfanatic2008 on 6/5/2019, 7:08 pm

Word I am hearing is that Solar Ackerson wasnt just Ackerson's team. Sounds like they had a tryout that drew quite a few solar kids from various solar teams and practiced all week for this tournament. McKinney parent told me that Ackerkaticroerenyer team jumped on them quick. By the time McKinney team started scoring, they were already in too big of a hole. Props to them for showing up prepared. I would hate to be a team playing McKinney this next weekend. Im sure Coach McKinney is going to have those boys completely ready.

soccerfanatic2008
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Posts : 52
Points : 920
Join date : 2018-09-06

Back to top Go down

TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS - Page 22 Empty Re: TOP TEN 08’ BOYS TEAMS

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum