North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

LHGCL Schedules are Posted Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

LHGCL Schedules are Posted

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LHGCL Schedules are Posted Empty LHGCL Schedules are Posted

Post by brokedawg 31/08/10, 08:41 am

http://www.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=11320&Sex=Girls&Age=16
brokedawg
brokedawg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

LHGCL Schedules are Posted Empty Re: LHGCL Schedules are Posted

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 09:15 am

No wonder it took so long... they had to figure out how to put 10 Teams in DII and only keep 8 in DIII.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by zag_nut 31/08/10, 09:16 am

Ridiculous... just flat ridiculous.

zag_nut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 09:17 am

I am supposing that 2 will promote, and 3 will relegate so it will balance next year.
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 09:19 am

A compromise is a lose / lose situation, but it is a win / win situation in this case for FWFC and Solar Blue. No one really has a gripe now do they?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Pitchmon 31/08/10, 09:39 am

So a big club pushed it's weight around LHGCL again....... so to the point obviously all the clubs have the control, not the teams which got them in this mess in the first place.
Pitchmon
Pitchmon
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 31/08/10, 10:51 am

So what will happens next year when D1's & ECNL team's can't play? including Sting, D'Feeters, Solar, F C Dallas, and Texans. LHGCL will realy have a odd number. WOW! what a MESS!

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 31/08/10, 11:11 am

An interesting schedule for D1. 12 of 14 games for THE YEAR for most teams scheduled before November 6th. Doesn't leave much of a spring season does it?
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by justfurkicks 31/08/10, 11:17 am

Once again N+1 did a much better job of placing teams in equally competative divisions. The current system causes confusion and lets any ol' team with a club affiliation play in whatever division the club determines, which may or may not be where the team fits competatively.

On the bright side as a DII parent I'm getting 18 games to watch for the same price as DIII parents only watching 14. Rolling Eyes
justfurkicks
justfurkicks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 11:28 am

CNote, elaborate on what you mean... what would the league look like?
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 31/08/10, 11:35 am

Ferris wrote:An interesting schedule for D1. 12 of 14 games for THE YEAR for most teams scheduled before November 6th. Doesn't leave much of a spring season does it?

It's got to be an assumption that we will have 3-4 rain-outs in the fall and some games will ultimately get pushed to the spring. Or big boys asked for less games in spring for ECNL, PLW, National League, etc. Who knows, girls playing high school ball will just be dead tired if we get all these in.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan 31/08/10, 12:17 pm

This is a ridiculous mess. In addition to that, DI games are scheduled mostly at UT Dallas whereas DII and DIII are scheduled mostly at the RR and Chapel. What a crock!!!!

Juan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AgGermany 31/08/10, 12:28 pm

Juan, I am missing the mess and "crock"... What do you mean?

We have a balance of Chinn, UTD, RR and only one Moss...
AgGermany
AgGermany
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Juan 31/08/10, 12:35 pm

AgGermany wrote:Juan, I am missing the mess and "crock"... What do you mean?

We have a balance of Chinn, UTD, RR and only one Moss...

Well we don't. We have one game at UTD and one at RR...the rest at the Chapel. Check Sting and Texans Red schedule.

Juan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 31/08/10, 12:51 pm

AgGermany wrote:CNote, elaborate on what you mean... what would the league look like?

I believe CNote is referring to the discussion and VERY likely potential that ECNL will be restricting play for member teams in such a way that ECNL teams won't be allowed to participate in LHGCL or Premiere League. The thinking is that this goes into effect starting next year. I think it's also a common thought that Texans will be joining ECNL starting next year. I'm sure CNote will set me straight if I've messed anything up. Very Happy

So as for what the League (LHGCL) would look like, D1 would only have Revolution, Sting Blue, and TFC left, which would probably mean that top 5 from D2 would be promoted, etc, etc, with the trickle down effect through D3, Plano and Arlington.
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 31/08/10, 12:59 pm

Ferris wrote:
AgGermany wrote:CNote, elaborate on what you mean... what would the league look like?

I believe CNote is referring to the discussion and VERY likely potential that ECNL will be restricting play for member teams in such a way that ECNL teams won't be allowed to participate in LHGCL or Premiere League. The thinking is that this goes into effect starting next year. I think it's also a common thought that Texans will be joining ECNL starting next year. I'm sure CNote will set me straight if I've messed anything up. Very Happy

So as for what the League (LHGCL) would look like, D1 would only have Revolution, Sting Blue, and TFC left, which would probably mean that top 5 from D2 would be promoted, etc, etc, with the trickle down effect through D3, Plano and Arlington.

But in LH the club keeps the bye right? So the top team that plays ECNL might not play LH and the bye could go to the next "club" team even for D1? FC Dallas ECNL team is made up of different players from each team in the age group so I'm really curious as to how this would affect them.
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 31/08/10, 01:02 pm

Ok, Ten team in D2, eight teams in D3, eigth teams in D1, remove five, now it's three in D1. Do you move five up from D2 and five up from D3 and five more from PPL. Who is in? who must qualify? or will there be enough teams at this point. I'm not sure of the out come for any of this. My two cents.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ferris 31/08/10, 01:08 pm

Cnote wrote:
Ok, Ten team in D2, eight teams in D3, eigth teams in D1, remove five, now it's three in D1. Do you move five up from D2 and five up from D3 and five more from PPL. Who is in? who must qualify? or will there be enough teams at this point. I'm not sure of the out come for any of this. My two cents.

Right, I agree, 5 teams up to D1 (although Arch's comment and FC's approach to ECNL is a wildcard). I think Arch is right that the club would retain the bye in most normal situation (this may be classified as non-normal though). So it may not simply be next 5 from D2, etc. I do think this likely means 5 more spots or so at QT.

As for who is in, who must qualify, etc. I think you're absolutely right...nobody has any idea at this point. It's still a long ways off and I imagine everything is far from a done deal. While it's fun to talk about, its all speculation at this point, especially on my part.

Last edited by Ferris on 31/08/10, 01:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ferris
Ferris
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cnote 31/08/10, 01:11 pm

Arch,
Well said. Texans will have no choice, the GREAT AND POWERFUL SWOOSH! may force the issue, our it's the right thing for the Texans to do.

Cnote
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunners 31/08/10, 01:51 pm

Cnote wrote:Arch,
Well said. Texans will have no choice, the GREAT AND POWERFUL SWOOSH! may force the issue, our it's the right thing for the Texans to do.

No 'may' about it. Barring the extraordinary, the Texans will be in ECNL next year (along with the other big girls club holdout SoCal Blues).

As for who will get the LHGCL byes from the departed ECNL teams; all you have to do is follow the money. Every team mentioned (except Feet) has a "2nd" team that will step into the spot vacated by the departing ECNL teams. Why would any club give up the revenue from placing a team in the top local league when there will undoubtedly be a demand to play on it? Last I checked that is what they're in business for...oh that and developing soccer players.

TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by gdubya 31/08/10, 02:02 pm

Take away the top 5 in D1 and is it really the top local league anymore?
gdubya
gdubya
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 31/08/10, 02:11 pm

Ferris wrote:

Understanding this is a '95 thread, I can only speak for the Feet '96 team....we are still planning to play LHGCL next year (this from our coach and DOC). As I understand it, ECNL teams are opnly prohibited from playing Premier League, State Cup and Regionals...not local league play. I'm really not sure why a D1, ECNL team would opt to not play LHGCL (until that option is taken away).
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Arch Stanton 31/08/10, 02:26 pm

socrocks wrote:
Ferris wrote:

Understanding this is a '95 thread, I can only speak for the Feet '96 team....we are still planning to play LHGCL next year (this from our coach and DOC). As I understand it, ECNL teams are opnly prohibited from playing Premier League, State Cup and Regionals...not local league play. I'm really not sure why a D1, ECNL team would opt to not play LHGCL (until that option is taken away).

So, then who would play Premier League if top four from league are prohibited? 5-8? Sounds semi-premier at that point. ECNL just takes the place of it I guess (if Texans join).
Arch Stanton
Arch Stanton
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socrocks 31/08/10, 02:33 pm

I assume the next 4 in line would be candidates. But there appears to be a move to combine the (3) Region III Premier League factions (East, West and Central). IMO, this just may be a preemptive move in order to deal with the expected ECNL fallout. Rather than have 12 teams in West, 12 in East, 12 in Central, etc, the league would encompass the full 12-13 states. This might translate to a better draw for competition but it would also mean lengthier travel for those involved.

But, your question is relevant. If Sting, Texans, Feet, Solar and FC Dallas are not candidates....that would only leave (3) D1 teams from which to choose.
socrocks
socrocks
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by skippy 31/08/10, 03:44 pm

Why do the 95 DIII teams only get 9 games in the fall when all the other high school age teams (including other DIII age groups) get about 12 games? Am I reading something on the schedules wrong?

skippy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next