North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
Dallas Texans Soccer Club 2008G * ECRL, NTX17/04/24, 08:11 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans field player/keeper opportunities15/04/24, 11:52 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 10G Keeper/field opportunities15/04/24, 11:44 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans Soccer 2024/25 ECNL platform opportunities13/04/24, 11:45 amDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2024/25 Keeper opportunities13/04/24, 11:37 amDallas Texans East
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW11/04/24, 12:55 amJumpman
2024 University of North Texas Summer Camps09/04/24, 09:37 ammeangreen17
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

The  00 Group has gone silent Pixel
Statistics
We have 15800 registered users
The newest registered user is Yuna

Our users have posted a total of 205174 messages in 31963 subjects

The 00 Group has gone silent

Go down

The  00 Group has gone silent Empty The 00 Group has gone silent

Post by Marvelousmar 30/10/18, 09:43 am

It has been a minute since an interesting post has been posted by this group. I guess with the Seniors driving, all the rain it has dampened the irrational behaviour that used to follow this group. Gone are the days of the banter back in forth with all the old posters that have come and gone and the numerous battles with many the posters throughout the years. I have looked at other age groups and they have become much more civil with one another then in the early days of the 01/00 group. Maybe it's the combining of the board between boys and girls that has allowed it to become more peaceful. Have noticed the occasional flame but they soon get brought to reality and the discussion settles down.

I think in retrospect we all want to make the board great again. See if we can solve the problems that effect Soccer in America and dream of the day that Men's program can reach the level of comp that the Women have held for quit some time. Many ideas of how to get there but collectively we need to work and see if we can get more Texans ( not the club) in that national pool and grow the sport and the love of the beautiful game. ( maybe some new grass that doesn't hold water and cause 6 games in 9 days but that's another story)

Anyway with mid-term elections coming up need to go out and vote and make that change on step at a time. Betto or Cruz mmmm decision decisions. Soccer is like life every time you make one move there is another decision to be made and the result of that decision is either positive or negative.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

The  00 Group has gone silent Empty Re: The 00 Group has gone silent

Post by Guest 30/10/18, 10:49 am

This group has become a bunch of grizzled ol' vets, just like pretty much every group that came before us.  The splintering of top teams between DA, ECNL, FDL, ECRL, & LHGCL certainly takes some fuel from the fire compared to days past when all the top teams in NTX were playing each other in LHGCL.

I also think most '00/'01 parents now fall into 2 categories - those who are focused on helping their kid get ready to play (or getting their kid an opportunity to play) at the next level, and those who see that the end of the road is in sight, and have decided they better just enjoy what's left of the wild-n-wacky-n-frustrating-n-exhilarating roller coaster ride that is club soccer.

Add to that all of the fits and starts this fall due to the weather, and you lose momentum and energy to keep the banter going.  

Who knows, maybe HS season will liven things up again around here.  Am hearing there's some DA kids planning to drop out or take a leave from DA to go help their HS's make one last run towards a State Championship. Suspect

Back to top Go down

The  00 Group has gone silent Empty Greetings

Post by DallasMessi 01/11/18, 04:02 pm

Greetings Marvelous.

Supporting my daughter on her senior season in ECNL and future college play.

I plan to write up our experiences in Texas soccer one day, that maybe new parents to soccer will read and use to make their decisions.

Lot of good soccer in Texas and lot's of corruption in the clubs as it comes to player rosters and who plays where.

Until I have time to write, my advice for any parent is to get a lot of referrals before you sign up to play. A club coach is paid based on the roster and his pay is number 1 in most cases.

There are some genuinely good coaches out there, but there is corruption for sure.

DallasMessi
DallasMessi
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Marvelousmar 01/11/18, 06:33 pm

Well DallasMessi, Long time.

I do want to adjust your statement. I don't think my pay ever was number 1 in my mind, also in a lot of coaches minds. However, it is a function of life where folks should be compensated for their time and effort. Find a coach that is willing to put time and effort in for your child and the cost issue becomes less of an issue. Congrats on the ECNL process and has you can private me on where your daughter has decided to play. November 14th is just around the corner. I was going to write a book called from a coach and parent's point of view having worn both hats for my DD since she was 5. From Plano to LH D1 and thank God off the payroll to a NCAA D1 coach that I believe will take good care of her. The one thing I prided myself on is trying to treat her as any other athlete and when coaches came to watch they wouldn't know she was my daughter based on my behaviour or hers. Unless they looked real hard and noticed her extremely good looks..

Anyway not so much that there is corruption in the North Texas landscape as that there are reality checks that every parent needs to go through and facing reality is a a challenge for folks in today's crazy world for some reason. Anyway 4 posts in the 00s in a week has to be a record.
Marvelousmar
Marvelousmar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nolanryan 10/02/19, 01:10 am

I haven't been on these board for a few months and I get on and see my good friends Marvelous and Dallas Messi.  It brings back memories of when this board really was hopping.  I hope you gents are doing well and I know one of your DD's personally and know she is heading to play college and will do really well.  It looks like yours as well DM.  

Me, it looks like my 01's (she changed teams this year and went to 00, but the Classic league decided not to reschedule all the rained out games from the fall for 00's so she is finished club) not doing college and she's in the middle of the HS district season and doing ok.  1330 on SAT and 3.8 GPA so she's a lot smarter than her dad.  College ball was in her future until a brutal injury, with surgery,  as a sophomore that she never really bounced back from.  Oh well.

To me, the more things change the more they stay the same.  My biggest gripe a few years back is the same as my biggest gripe now.  The quality of officiating in NTX sucks.  I don't understand why referees are of such poor quality and why they have such a callous disregard for the game.  It doesn't matter if it's Plano, LH, or 6A.  The most common problem is the cowardice displayed by them and not using the cards in their pockets.  LH: A goalie dives to secure a ball and gets kicked in the head and there is no foul or no card.  How the hell? Plano: a player releases the ball for a pass and the chick marking her takes 2 steps and trucks her anyway.  No card.  6A: In a game against Allen, our players get tripped from behind causing them to lose the ball and the ref says play on.  But we sneeze near them and Allen gets granted a free kick and they score...game.  Earlier in the game a player gets called offside because she received the ball behind the defender.  Exactly.  Don't get me wrong, Allen is a great team and as the #3 team in the state should not need help, but that game has to be the epitome of garbage officiating.  The corruption/incompetence is in the officiating.

If there anything I’ve learned it’s that the only thing that’s for sure is that nothings for sure. It's a crazy world this girls soccer things.  Well, one down and 2 to go.
nolanryan
nolanryan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down