North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

A perspective from SoCal Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

A perspective from SoCal

Go down

A perspective from SoCal Empty A perspective from SoCal

Post by SoCalSoccerDad 26/11/18, 08:22 pm

I have to ask, what happened to the Texas teams? Surf Cup and now the Silverlakes Showcase have watched Texas teams get walloped and not exactly put on the best showings. Most of us from SoCal have always been ready for these teams from Texas showing up to take on SoCal. But, the last series of showings have not been very impressive. I’m not throwing stones, but it is definitely not what many of us expected. How could there be such a remarkable drop off in one year. Kicks and Sting just came in and completely owned SoCal teams the last couple of years. And, contrary to what many say, the Texas teams come with physicality, speed and (dont tell anyone I said this) skill. How can that all drop off so fast in less than one year? I’m interested in the Texas perspective.

Ready? GO!!!

SoCalSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

A perspective from SoCal Empty Re: A perspective from SoCal

Post by Foxysoccermom 26/11/18, 08:44 pm

We really don't care what you cali homos think. We've gone to a complete pay to play closed competition model. Your stupid tournaments let anyone in...ridiculous! We've found that if you create your own leagues and just let a few clubs in...we can charge more and mediocrity will start to look really good to the untrained eye. If you haven't noticed we have fewer teams participating in competitive tournaments unless the coach needs a vacation. So take your surf cup and stick it where the sun don't shine. We're killing it over here and don't care what you libtards think.

Hope to see you and your money at our next tournament.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCalSoccerDad 26/11/18, 08:47 pm

Thanks sweetheart. So welcoming! You’re cute

SoCalSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 26/11/18, 11:59 pm

SoCalSoccerDad wrote:I have to ask, what happened to the Texas teams?  Surf Cup and now the Silverlakes Showcase have watched Texas teams get walloped and not exactly put on the best showings.  Most of us from SoCal have always been ready for these teams from Texas showing up to take on SoCal.  But, the last series of showings have not been very impressive.  I’m not throwing stones, but it is definitely not what many of us expected.  How could there be such a remarkable drop off in one year.  Kicks and Sting just came in and completely owned SoCal teams the last couple of years.  And, contrary to what many say, the Texas teams come with physicality, speed and (dont tell anyone I said this) skill.  How can that all drop off so fast in less than one year?  I’m interested in the Texas perspective.  

Ready?  GO!!!

Welcome SoCal!  

And I gotta say it is refreshing to read some real, intelligent perspective that isn't dripping with quasi witty sarcasm --

I assume you're referring to the '06 age group and I may be missing something here, but I think this one is simple ... "What happened to the Texas teams?" is GDA (which is a shame really).  

The teams you referenced had their stronger players picked up by either Solar or FC Dallas (some of which are playing up on the U14 USSDA teams), and as you know, those teams don't participate in the Thanksgiving Surf or Silverlakes events.  I know the Solar Colvin '07 team went out to Silverlakes and due to their recent success in their own age group, decided to play up for some tougher comp.  Won some, lost some ... all 1 goal games I heard.

You should come out to Oceanside in June to check out the USSDA Summer Showcase -- You'll get to see some of those same TX players competing against some of the top CA talent again  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 27/11/18, 01:21 am

SoCalSoccerDad wrote:I have to ask, what happened to the Texas teams?  Surf Cup and now the Silverlakes Showcase have watched Texas teams get walloped and not exactly put on the best showings.  Most of us from SoCal have always been ready for these teams from Texas showing up to take on SoCal.  But, the last series of showings have not been very impressive.  I’m not throwing stones, but it is definitely not what many of us expected.  How could there be such a remarkable drop off in one year.  Kicks and Sting just came in and completely owned SoCal teams the last couple of years.  And, contrary to what many say, the Texas teams come with physicality, speed and (dont tell anyone I said this) skill.  How can that all drop off so fast in less than one year?  I’m interested in the Texas perspective.  

Ready?  GO!!!

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoSpinZone 27/11/18, 07:54 am

Ready?  GO!!!

So on our board, you can look at most posts and find elements of truth.  Foxy makes a point in her own special way, and BigEgo is right some, wrong lots.

Kicks 06 went away with Age Pure, those players are now playing 05 ECNL.  FCD DA did, over the summer, poach a top 05 player as BigEgo noted but mostly the same team, albeit young for 05s.

Sting Black:  Were all AP 06s.  Lost 1 player to 05 FCD DA, otherwise the top players from Sting Black that always took care of business in SoCal are playing up in ECNL 05.

So no mass exodus to DA, just some of the top 06s are in 05s now and having plenty of success.

Where Ego is correct is GDA(just for wrong reasons).  DFW couldn't field 5 quality ECNL teams(Pre-DA), but now we try and field 7 teams(3 GDA and 4 ECNL).  So everything is watered down.  The 06 age group isn't very deep to begin with, now move 10-ish top 06 players(from all clubs) up to 05(DA or ECNL), and the age group gets worse.  Solar DA is probably the best team at moment, but not sure they can compete and win nationally at this point.  Too much talent playing up, doesn't lend itself to top age group teams. Need another year or two for the water to clear and get the best players together in this age group.

NoSpinZone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PLAY2FEET!! 27/11/18, 08:05 am

NoSpinZone wrote:

Ready?  GO!!!

So on our board, you can look at most posts and find elements of truth.  Foxy makes a point in her own special way, and BigEgo is right some, wrong lots.

Kicks 06 went away with Age Pure, those players are now playing 05 ECNL.  FCD DA did, over the summer, poach a top 05 player as BigEgo noted but mostly the same team, albeit young for 05s.

Sting Black:  Were all AP 06s.  Lost 1 player to 05 FCD DA, otherwise the top players from Sting Black that always took care of business in SoCal are playing up in ECNL 05.

So no mass exodus to DA, just some of the top 06s are in 05s now and having plenty of success.

Where Ego is correct is GDA(just for wrong reasons).  DFW couldn't field 5 quality ECNL teams(Pre-DA), but now we try and field 7 teams(3 GDA and 4 ECNL).  So everything is watered down.  The 06 age group isn't very deep to begin with, now move 10-ish top 06 players(from all clubs) up to 05(DA or ECNL), and the age group gets worse.  Solar DA is probably the best team at moment, but not sure they can compete and win nationally at this point.  Too much talent playing up, doesn't lend itself to top age group teams.  Need another year or two for the water to clear and get the best players together in this age group.
Excellent answer NSZ from start to finish. BigE is correct in that it is a shame. And unfortunately, Foxy's answer, in her own special way is accurate as well. Very Happy

PLAY2FEET!!
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCalSoccerDad 27/11/18, 09:51 am

Thank you all for the responses! Quite different here in SoCal as a very small number of 06s play up. We have our own challenges with the way our leagues are, this year, all spread to the winds with DPL, ECNL, SCDSL, CRL, CSL. Many teams play in multiple ‘leagues’ but its rare to get all the top teams in the same tournament.

And Checkpoint Charlie, you are correct. I didn’t know what I was talking about but now I do thanks to some of the kind people from Texas.

SoCalSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 27/11/18, 10:38 am

Glad you figured it out sweet feet. Now get out there and rake those forests so you don't waste more water.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCalSoccerDad 27/11/18, 10:47 am

Classy Foxy, classy!

SoCalSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoCalSoccerDad 27/11/18, 11:15 am

Classy Foxy, classy!

SoCalSoccerDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 28/11/18, 09:23 am

Yes Foxy Santa knows on your list you need double A batteries for your present. Batteries are included.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 04Soccer 28/11/18, 03:30 pm

I doubt anyone in Texas cares what you guys think.
If you want to ask about physicality, then ask the Legends FC coach about his 03 DPL team getting beat 3-1 after not having a loss in 17 games
04Soccer
04Soccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/11/18, 03:42 pm

04Soccer wrote:I doubt anyone in Texas cares what you guys think.
If you want to ask about physicality, then ask the Legends FC coach about his 03 DPL team getting beat 3-1 after not having a loss in 17 games

Did legends Fc play srfc in the t day tournament also?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/11/18, 04:30 pm

Spoken like a true Texan.  I wonder if you guys (and ladies, sorry Foxer) could be any more cliche redneck and make us look any dumber?

That being said ... well done Texans FDL -- Haven't seen their DPL sides, but the U15 and U16 Legends DA teams are stout!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 28/11/18, 05:03 pm

Big Ern wrote:

Spoken like a true Texan.  I wonder if you guys (and ladies, sorry Foxer) could be any more cliche redneck and make us look any dumber?

That being said ... well done Texans FDL -- Haven't seen their DPL sides, but the U15 and U16 Legends DA teams are stout!
Hehehehehe....he’s probably telling to you to “shut yerr chickenhole” right about now BigE!!

Was the Solar V FCD U15 game a good one?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 28/11/18, 05:06 pm

My bad...wrong thread.

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/11/18, 05:23 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

Hehehehehe....he’s probably telling to you to “shut yerr chickenhole” right about now BigE!!

Was the Solar V FCD U15 game a good one?

It was!  Although woulda been a bunch more fun to watch if my kid was on the other side  Cool

IMO ... FCD were outcoached and outplayed in that one.  Chances were about even but Solar neutralized the FCD attack with 5 in the middle and FCD didn't make adjustments there.  

Per usual, it's gonna be another fun year of comp between the two --

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by BENDMEOVER 28/11/18, 05:57 pm

Watch "Energizer Bunny®️ - Darth Vader - 1994 Commercial" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/QxafIhYFOr0

Foxy Energizer is highly recommended.

TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by timmyh 28/11/18, 06:38 pm

SoCalSoccerDad wrote:Thank you all for the responses!  Quite different here in SoCal as a very small number of 06s play up.  We have our own challenges with the way our leagues are, this year, all spread to the winds with DPL, ECNL, SCDSL, CRL, CSL.  Many teams play in multiple ‘leagues’ but its rare to get all the top teams in the same tournament.  

And Checkpoint Charlie, you are correct.  I didn’t know what I was talking about but now I do thanks to some of the kind people from Texas.  

Two main factors for why Texas teams aren't getting as many chances to whip up on Socal as much anymore are
1) DA starts at U13 around here so you won't see many DA teams outside of Showcases starting the summer before that starts up, and
2) for the younger teams Supercopa has passed Surf Cup in these parts as the national tournament of choice. Most all the top Dallas teams play in the Supercopa, and Dallas has been dominant in recent years.

timmyh
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Checkpoint Charlie 28/11/18, 10:42 pm

timmyh wrote:
SoCalSoccerDad wrote:Thank you all for the responses!  Quite different here in SoCal as a very small number of 06s play up.  We have our own challenges with the way our leagues are, this year, all spread to the winds with DPL, ECNL, SCDSL, CRL, CSL.  Many teams play in multiple ‘leagues’ but its rare to get all the top teams in the same tournament.  

And Checkpoint Charlie, you are correct.  I didn’t know what I was talking about but now I do thanks to some of the kind people from Texas.  

Two main factors for why Texas teams aren't getting as many chances to whip up on Socal as much anymore are
1) DA starts at U13 around here so you won't see many DA teams outside of Showcases starting the summer before that starts up, and
2) for the younger teams Supercopa has passed Surf Cup in these parts as the national tournament of choice. Most all the top Dallas teams play in the Supercopa, and Dallas has been dominant in recent years.

#MAGA
Checkpoint Charlie
Checkpoint Charlie
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down