North Texas Soccer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
>!<JOIN ILLUMINATI IN UGANDA KAMPALA +2767271614024/03/24, 08:49 amyunuko
The Complete Soccer Individual Development Program22/03/24, 07:21 pmBen16
Renegades 2014G Pre-ECNL - Blanton12/03/24, 03:51 pmFCsoccer1
09 Boys13/02/24, 03:16 pmsocroc
Looking for 2014b to join our FCD 2014b east team-plano12/02/24, 11:39 pmLittleakde
Looking for 2014 boys,to join our FC Dallas 2014B east team12/02/24, 11:10 pmLittleakde
Cross City SC 12B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:10 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 13B (Allen, TX)12/02/24, 05:00 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B Classic DI & UPSL & CCSC 07B Classic D2 12/02/24, 04:51 pmSkyblueMachine
Cross City SC 06B (Classic DI & UPSL)12/02/24, 04:44 pmSkyblueMachine
ecnl 0906/02/24, 02:48 pmsmugrr
Fever United 17G *NEW!* - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 01:09 amFever United Wright
Fever United 14G Wright - Keller/Colleyville/Southlake/FTW21/01/24, 12:55 amFever United Wright
BVB 2015 Boys - Wylie, Rockwall, Plano11/01/24, 03:47 pmwyliesoccer
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 05:41 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Texans 2014G Advanced group forming03/01/24, 02:44 pmDallas Texans East
2015B Team27/12/23, 12:10 pmBG1013
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 01:19 pmDallas Texans East
Dallas Showcase Keeper guest player opportunity 26/11/23, 12:00 pmDallas Texans East
Annis18/11/23, 12:00 pmPele
Triumph FC Boys09/11/23, 10:08 pmPele
ECNL Player ID Platform19/10/23, 02:34 pmsmugrr
Goalkeeper Wanted! 2007G Dallas Texans Soccer Team!10/10/23, 10:31 amDallas Texans East
BVB 09B Classic D305/10/23, 08:28 pmBdavis
Solar 14’ Rodriguez 19/09/23, 09:34 pmCHIVAS

I forgot my password

Be An Athletic Supporter!
Donate and get this nifty tag!

VEGAS CUP Pixel
Statistics
We have 15799 registered users
The newest registered user is Pancho83

Our users have posted a total of 205167 messages in 31957 subjects

VEGAS CUP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

VEGAS CUP Empty VEGAS CUP

Post by Amused 09/01/19, 03:48 pm

Looks like a lot of the 05's will be representing North Texas this year again at Vegas Cup.  Would be nice to see 2 of them fighting it out in the championship again.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=65791&Gender=Girls&Age=14

Amused
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

VEGAS CUP Empty Re: VEGAS CUP

Post by brazos 14/01/19, 09:10 pm

Good luck at the tables and slots!

brazos
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sleestack 24/01/19, 12:58 pm

U14 Results...

Gold: Fever United, Finalist...lost to Oklahoma Celtic-ECNL in finals 1-0
Silver Elite - Red: Solar Haylock Champion...beat Galaxy FC 2-1 in finals
Silver Elite - White: FC Dallas Premier Champion...beat Simi Valley Eclipse 1-0 in finals
Silver Elite - Black: Solar FDL beat Solar Byers 4-0 in the finals...Champion AND Runner-Up

In the top four divisions, NTX produced 5 Finalists, 3 Champions, and 2 Runner-Ups

sleestack
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepermom05 28/01/19, 09:39 am

Just curious, how did Solar FDL land in the 4th division? I would have expected an FDL team to be in 1 or 2.

Keepermom05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 28/01/19, 09:28 pm

Keepermom05 wrote:Just curious, how did Solar FDL land in the 4th division? I would have expected an FDL team to be in 1 or 2.

Why would you expect them to be 1 or 2?
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepermom05 28/01/19, 10:02 pm

I would have expected them to be in one of the higher divisions because they are an FDL team. The claim by some people is that FDL teams are basically equal to ECNL teams. Not trying to slam them or anything-genuinely curious. I doubt that the 4th division was much of a challenge for them.

Keepermom05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 28/01/19, 11:46 pm

Keepermom05 wrote:I would have expected them to be in one of the higher divisions because they are an FDL team. The claim by some people is that FDL teams are basically equal to ECNL teams. Not trying to slam them or anything-genuinely curious. I doubt that the 4th division was much of a challenge for them.

This particular FDL team may very well be stronger than U14 Solar ECNL side this year.  That being said ... All of the 'Silver Elite' divisions (black/white/red/whatevs) were described as generally equal and one level under Gold by VC -- Just had too many teams request that division.

I'd bet those guys wish they had gone with Gold considering the teams that ended up in that final.

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 05DD 29/01/19, 07:15 am

Big Ern wrote:
Keepermom05 wrote:I would have expected them to be in one of the higher divisions because they are an FDL team. The claim by some people is that FDL teams are basically equal to ECNL teams. Not trying to slam them or anything-genuinely curious. I doubt that the 4th division was much of a challenge for them.

This particular FDL team may very well be stronger than U14 Solar ECNL side this year.  That being said ... All of the 'Silver Elite' divisions (black/white/red/whatevs) were described as generally equal and one level under Gold by VC -- Just had too many teams request that division.

I'd bet those guys wish they had gone with Gold considering the teams that ended up in that final.
So are they stronger than U14 FCD ECNL as well?
They played in the division that they wanted and that best fit their level. Save the spin. Cool
05DD
05DD
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/01/19, 07:51 am

05DD wrote:
Big Ern wrote:

So are they stronger than U14 FCD ECNL as well?
They played in the division that they wanted and that best fit their level. Save the spin. Cool

"Spin" Laughing

I  I love you  such disconcerted folks like yourself ... Warms my heart on such a cold winter's morn --

Absolutely without a doubt double'd'!  

Enjoy your breakfast  Wink

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 07:58 am

FDL was created by the clubs to extract money from parents that want to say their dd is a cut above the rest or can't find a decent lh team. It hasn't been well managed i.e.  Jdl and some of those teams would have a hard time competing in lh d2 or d3. Solar fdl 05 might be better than the others but for the most part it's a money grab.  Bige was big on the now defunct and grossly mismanaged jdl also.  Follow the money...that's where bige usually is. Most parents would prefer the clubs quit trying to disperse the talent for monetary gain and rebuild lh.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/01/19, 10:59 am

Foxysoccermom wrote:

FDL was created by the clubs to extract money from parents that want to say their dd is a cut above the rest or can't find a decent lh team. It hasn't been well managed i.e.  Jdl and some of those teams would have a hard time competing in lh d2 or d3. Solar fdl 05 might be better than the others but for the most part it's a money grab.  Bige was big on the now defunct and grossly mismanaged jdl also.  Follow the money...that's where bige usually is. Most parents would prefer the clubs quit trying to disperse the talent for monetary gain and rebuild lh.

Foxydaddy at his best ... Right on par jocolor.  The absence of of knowledge is dumbfounding isn't it?  (no pun intended)

"FDL was created by the clubs" ... False -- It's a USYS conception as an addition to it's already successful National League.

"clubs to extract money", "for the most part it's a money grab" ... The clubs make the exact same from the parents of kids in LHGCL silly.

Exactly what evidence do you have to support your claim that after just a few months of existence, "It (FPDL) hasn't been well managed"? ... Don't you all just love it when outsider folks (like foxer here) with next to zero knowledge of a product (USSDA, FPDL, etc) are so quick to defame it just to comfort themselves?  Good stuff!

To clarify foxydaddy, since you plainly are in need of education, the majority of parents of kids on FPDL teams didn't choose to move them onto one ... Most are whole (or primary core) teams that came into the FPDL this year from LHGL (or equivalent) last year.  And what'd'ya know ... Just by happenstance  Wink , a bunch of those kids will end up getting fantastic experience training against the GDA kids + more exposure to college scouting at matches and regional events.

And to top it all off ... Where in this thread was I "big" on FDL again?  All I did was simply mention that all of the U14 Silver Elite divisions in VC were the same level and that GA's team was purty good.

Sooo ... anyway ... Keep on keepin' on foxer!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by UTD Field Director* 29/01/19, 12:19 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:

Foxydaddy at his best ... Right on par jocolor.  The absence of of knowledge is dumbfounding isn't it?  (no pun intended)

"FDL was created by the clubs" ... False -- It's a USYS conception as an addition to it's already successful National League.

"clubs to extract money", "for the most part it's a money grab" ... The clubs make the exact same from the parents of kids in LHGCL silly.

Exactly what evidence do you have to support your claim that after just a few months of existence, "It (FPDL) hasn't been well managed"? ... Don't you all just love it when outsider folks (like foxer here) with next to zero knowledge of a product (USSDA, FPDL, etc) are so quick to defame it just to comfort themselves?  Good stuff!

To clarify foxydaddy, since you plainly are in need of education, the majority of parents of kids on FPDL teams didn't choose to move them onto one ... Most are whole (or primary core) teams that came into the FPDL this year from LHGL (or equivalent) last year.  And what'd'ya know ... Just by happenstance  Wink , a bunch of those kids will end up getting fantastic experience training against the GDA kids + more exposure to college scouting at matches and regional events.

And to top it all off ... Where in this thread was I "big" on FDL again?  All I did was simply mention that all of the U14 Silver Elite divisions in VC were the same level and that GA's team was purty good.

Foxy said JDL not FDL - with all the different leagues I know it can be difficult

FDL season 1 impressions here:

https://www.txsoccer.net/t41854-fdl-season-1-impressions

As for "a bunch of those kids will end up getting fantastic experience training against the GDA kids" - FDL parents at 2 of the 3 NTx clubs I know (mulitple teams at each club) have said their kids don't practice with GDA kids.  Maybe other FDL teams within those clubs are doing it differently, maybe not.

and "more exposure to college scouting at matches" - while that may have been the plan, college coaches are not showing up for FDL matches when FDL refuses to schedule their games at similar times / locations as GDA (as was advertised).

and what "regional" FDL events have occurred (or any regional event where the FDL status drew coaches who would not have otherwise attended)?

UTD Field Director*
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 12:42 pm

Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:

-knowing better and playing along is really more dumbfounding....remember jdl bige?   Very Happy stupid is as stupid does

-Sorry...I left out usys and their fingers in the pot of money and control. Are they the reason for the decline of us soccer?  Or the lack of international competitiveness. I can't keep track.

-Correct only now with no accountability and worse management than lh at a much higher cost than lh.  Shocked

-actually the real reason I defrock it, is to get a rise out of you...mission accomplished on that front. You're right though...no reason to doubt it after the great success of jdl and the scheduling prowess of the new  Fdl....and yes bige all it's done is dilute ntx talent. Some of the teams are good some are not.

-You sure about that?  Might get exposure to a strong wind from a blowhard. Don't know about any of the rest.

-you've just been on fdl...talkin silliness. You're welcome....you know you love to talk about it.

-will do

-This bige moment has been brought to you by foxy.

-foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ern 29/01/19, 12:53 pm

NotNewHere wrote:
Big Ern wrote:
Foxysoccermom wrote:

Foxy said JDL not FDL - with all the different leagues I know it can be difficult

FDL season 1 impressions here:

https://www.txsoccer.net/t41854-fdl-season-1-impressions

As for "a bunch of those kids will end up getting fantastic experience training against the GDA kids" - FDL parents at 2 of the 3 NTx clubs I know (mulitple teams at each club) have said their kids don't practice with GDA kids.  Maybe other FDL teams within those clubs are doing it differently, maybe not.

and "more exposure to college scouting at matches" - while that may have been the plan, college coaches are not showing up for FDL matches when FDL refuses to schedule their games at similar times / locations as GDA (as was advertised).

and what "regional" FDL events have occurred (or any regional event where the FDL status drew coaches who would not have otherwise attended)?

And you said you were "notnewhere"  Smile ... Foxer mentioned or referred to FPDL 4 times is his post --

I haven't seen the FPDL kids at weekly team training with GDA teams either ... Just have seen them in practice matches (you might call them 'scrimmages') against one another both during the week and on weekends (even this past weekend as a matter of fact).  Even seen a handful that have been called in to train and play with their respective GDA programs.

Agreed that there won't be many college coaches out to watch FPDL matches when no GDA games are going on at the same venue, however, when they are (about half of the schedule to this point) I've witnessed college coaches watching FPDL matches.

I'm not aware of any FPDL regional events that have occurred as of yet.  As I mentioned, "a bunch of those kids will end up getting ... more exposure ... at ... regional events".  I am referring to the USYS Regional and National event(s).  Since you're not new here, you likely know that the winner of each group receives an automatic bid through Regionals and directly to the USYS National Championship event.  And you can expect to see most, if not all, of the remaining FPDL teams participating in their respective State Cups earn a spot in the USYS Regionals.  Additionally you can expect most of them, if not all, being accepted to DIGC along with a few of the top tier LHGCL sides.  

These examples would all lead to an easier path to exposure to college coaches than the majority of those kids participating on teams competing exclusively in LHGCL ... That's all I'm sayin' --

See ya out there!

Big Ern
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 01:16 pm

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to pass it on to someone I don't like or doesn't know any better.

-foxy
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 29/01/19, 01:37 pm

It’s been a long time hasn’t it?

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 01:44 pm

AngelinaGoalee wrote:It’s been a long time hasn’t it?

I've missed bige. He's been to tied up with the BBC to spend any time with me.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelinaGoalee 29/01/19, 01:46 pm

lol!

AngelinaGoalee
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 02:27 pm

FPDL geek the extra letter takes away the point of it. 3 letters are better like BBC and OPP....yeah you know me.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 02:38 pm

I hope we've answered your questions here keepermom. Let us know if you have more.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 918soccer 29/01/19, 02:58 pm

Isn’t U14 Solar FDL in 5th place out of 6 in USYS Frontier Player Development League? If that’s the same team that played in the Vegas Cup, their record wouldn’t suggest they are as good as U14 Solar ECNL.

918soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 29/01/19, 03:04 pm

Just in:

BigErn has been hanging out at Comet Ping Pong with one of his old soccer coaching buddies.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Foxysoccermom 29/01/19, 03:24 pm

918soccer wrote:Isn’t U14 Solar FDL in 5th place out of 6 in USYS Frontier Player Development League? If that’s the same team that played in the Vegas Cup, their record wouldn’t suggest they are as good as U14 Solar ECNL.

Shame on you 918. It's not about wins, it's about development. $6k is about the right amount of development for most intelligent parents to start asking questions. Laughing fdl has until the summer to hit that number. Then bige will be pushing the new pb&j league.
Foxysoccermom
Foxysoccermom
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Keepermom05 29/01/19, 10:46 pm

Lol. I’ve just been bored with the forums lately. This is the good stuff!

Keepermom05
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BrianWilliams 30/01/19, 09:20 am

BrianWilliams wrote:Just in:

BigErn has been hanging out at Comet Ping Pong with one of his old soccer coaching buddies.

Newly released details this morning:

Yes, really.
BrianWilliams
BrianWilliams
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next